• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool, Confirmed! (For Smashified)

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Every character omni creates looks fantastic, Nintendo quality for sure, I'd like to see my main man "Gex" enter the fray next, he's way over due for a return

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Well, I must say I was reeeeeaally mad at Omni after the whole Rayman incident because he wasn't using his tremendous talents for good, but to trick everyone. NOW, it's nice to see his great art, and imagine it being real (without being tricked)

Beautifully done, Omni. You really need to work for Nintendo.

I would LOVE it if you did Quote, from Cave Story next.

Smash Ace
Why does King K. Rool have to go bananas? Why not oranges? Oranges taste better!

Last edited:

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Wow, I never really cared if K. Rool was in SMash or not. BUt now seeing them make him, I'm a little more exited and hoping we get him!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Looks great, Omni. Made me all excited K.Rool was in Smash until I read the full sentence.

Would be very happy if you did a Nester/Lark that looks a bit more legit than the April Fool's day joke.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Stupid image imo. As if expressing dislike for something is uncommon in social circles, especially Smashboards...and no offense but using that image implies a sense of insecurity.
Not at all. It's acknowledging that your distaste for Thing has been notified, mulled over, considered with all due haste and a verdict has been returned: to wit, okay, you don't like thing, and that's fine. And besides, a wee bit of sardonic japery never hurt anybody~

Returning to the topic at hand, though, I had already seen the render in the K. Rool support thread, so I wasn't caught out by it. Still a fun title and an amazing piece of work - and I can only imagine that the entire fanbase will go bananas, and with good reason, when he appears in the roster!

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
To the fact that it isn't official or just because it involves K. Rool?
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Because my friend linked me here saying that King K Rool officially got into sm4sh and I posted before actually reading it all. He ended up trolling me and we laughed.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
*reads* "King K Rool Confirmed"
*Freaks out a little*
*reads* "(for smashified)"
*Dies a little inside*

link2702

Smash Champion
eh that k.rool looks a little too menacing for the characters personality...

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Plot twist: Omni is actually the guy who does the character art for Smash, and every character he's doing is confirmed.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious

Title of this news post had me all excited for a second there. Misleading/10.

Still, excellent work by Omni all the same.

Psst, Omni...

Smashify Tharja. You know you want to.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
eh that k.rool looks a little too menacing for the characters personality...
Well, to be fair, he is a sociopathic dictator with a penchant for theatrics, torture, mass destruction and egotism. It's literally in his name. :3

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I've never understood the hype or desire for King K. Rool, and this is coming from someone whose first videogame ever was DKC back in 1995.
I'm with you. I'm a pretty big DK fan and also grew up on the DKC games, so my DK choices tend to be the other kongs. (Dixie hype?)

That said, DK has been so neglected that I honestly don't care anymore. I just want it to have more than two characters. :p

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
When I read "King K. Rool Confirmed," I swear my heart must have skipped a beat. Then I read the rest. Why tease me so?!

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Im still stuck on this beautiful render, Artsy Omni is really good and consistent with these. I hope a Shantae render is next!

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
As an artist I can't comprehend how he had the patience to do ALL THOSE SCALES :crazy:

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
It's great!..except the Tagline. Even "King K. Rool Makes you Fear!", or "King K. Rool Lets the Competition Drop!" would've been better.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
To all those praising Omni, I just want to point out this was the first render he didn't make, it was Chris that worked on this one. Anyways fantastic work, definitely the character I want the most for Smash

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Disappointed. I was JUST reading an old thread in which we were talking about King K. Rool being a good choice for Smash.

Disappointed.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Prior to this article getting posted, I saw the artwork/video for King K. Rool's "Smashified" makeover on Reddit, and I still jumped a little when I saw this news article's title on Smashboards' front page. XD

I love the pose! As for the subtitle, I'm on the fence about it.. it kind of works and is clever, but I feel like it would be more fitting for an actual monkey character from the Donkey Kong series.. Then again, if anyone is "going bananas" in the series, King K. Rool fits the bill!

Nevertheless, I still await to see King K. Rool thrashing around (in playable form) at some point in the Super Smash Bros. series!

darktiko

Smash Cadet
NNID
epicShadowman
3DS FC
1950-9084-7402
I wanna see s
Earlier this afternoon, Artsy Omni and Chris Szczesiul released the latest Smashified! video, this time featuring Donkey Kong baddie King K. Rool! K. Rool has long been a highly-requested character for the Smash Bros. series, and while he hasn't made it into the series just yet this is the next best thing. For Smashers interested in seeing K. Rool as a Smash 4 render, or even learning more about digital art through the artists' commentary, this video should satisfy!

Smashify: King K. Rool
How do you like this render? Who do you want to see Smashified next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit thinks this is the best of the bunch so far. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.
I wanna see some Waddle Dee or better yet how's about some Tails or even BETTER--------- Crash Bandicoot

Top Bottom