• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede's Neutral B confirmed!

Geal

Smash Rookie
The Kirby update confirmed Dedede's neutral-B to be inhale!...What exactly it does, we dunno yet! But we know what it is!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Most likely the same as his games. I don't know how far he will spit them out though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, I found it first in the OMG tonight thread!!!

Yes, it's suction!!!!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's cool that Sakurai let us have this hidden lil gem too. It's kind of like a double update, even. Kind of funny thinking about inhaling the ability to inhale... heh.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Probably just spits them out doing slight damage to them and anyone hit by them like kirby can do in melee

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it fits perfectly. Kirby is never able to inhale Dedede, and when he finally is he gets the same ability he already had sans copying.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I hope he can inhale waddle dees and spit them as star ammo. I wonder if you can inhale multiple opponents as dedede, or inhale items even

Geal

Smash Rookie
Probably just spits them out doing slight damage to them and anyone hit by them like kirby can do in melee
That would mean Dedede would just get a gimped version of Kirby's inhale move. Swallowing this as Kirby would actually hurt you, wouldn't it? My guess is it'll probably shoot the opponent farther/faster and do more damage. Maybe the enemy will need to break out of the star, similar to Yoshi putting an enemy in an egg.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it fits perfectly. Kirby is never able to inhale Dedede, and when he finally is he gets the same ability he already had.
No he doesn't...King Dedede can't copy, so it's not the same ability

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It will be interesting to see how his move differs from Kirby's own Inhale move. My guess is that Dedede will just shoot the opponent farther when he spits him or her.

EDIT: Watch this video at 1:54 or so to see Dedede's Inhale. It shoots Kirby quite far and with quite a bit of force. Also notice that Dedede switches directions after he inhales Kirby. Perhaps this will be worked into Brawl...?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QfhKljGSLdo

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
dededes got awesome special moves

^-- He turns around and Aims it that way, you dont automatically turn if you watch other videos of the inhale. so Im guessing when you inhale you can choose to shoot them left or right

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
dededes got awesome special moves

^-- He turns around and Aims it that way, you dont automatically turn if you watch other videos of the inhale. so Im guessing when you inhale you can choose to shoot them left or right
That's what I'm saying, though: after inhaling the opponent, you will have the option of changing directions before you spit him or her back out.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol, it would be cool if dedede could suck his own waddle dees in and spit them to the opponents. Now if he could angle where he spits that would be too good.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He probably gets a modified "Throw" ability, wherein Kirby sucks someone in and then tosses 'em afar.

And by "modified" I mean "amiable."

It's the second to last ability in this video shown around 05:18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb_490I9M0c
It's kind of funny...

Kirby get's TORNADO ability from Meta-Knight

and THROW ability from King Dedede!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for something a bit different. Because there's no "wall" at the side of the stages, Dedede's spit won't have the same effect as in the games (where you'd be damaged when you hit the wall).

Thus, I'm hoping for a Throw/Backdrop Homage.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
see i noticed the same thing but had posted in a different room and it got closed and what not, but anyways

hear this, now its just an idea but
Maybe he inhaled DeDeDe, and spat him out and the screen just doesnt show DeDeDe

cause what would be the point of inhaling only to get an attack that inhlaes, unless its some kind of throw or similiar to yoshis chewing during a grab but who knows

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I'm of the opinion that it may, in the end, be a type of move that can serve a number of roles in one.

1) Instant, hard-hitting projectile. I could imagine that, for DDD's sake, his version would go MUCH farther than Kirby's exhale, and probably could stand to deal as much damage to some one else as Samus's full charge blast (to both the sucked up, and the recipient of the hit, if there is indeed a collision). If there's no collision, then the projectile would just go a couple of feet away until the opponent turns back to normal.

The downfall would of course have to be that you would have to actually work to get some one in your mouth first. And, like with Kirby, weaker percentages would mean that a person would probably be able to fight their way out before you could even try to aim & spit 'em out.

2) Decent edge-guard tool. Nothing would probably suck more than for a person to get back, only to get sucked up by Dedede, and spat out just far enough away, such that their 3rd jump couldn't hope to get 'em back on the stage. And since I would imagine DDD to have the same type of "puffed up flight" like Kirby does, this could definitely serve to make him a dangerous character to deal with if you got knocked off the stage.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
see i noticed the same thing but had posted in a different room and it got closed and what not, but anyways

hear this, now its just an idea but
Maybe he inhaled DeDeDe, and spat him out and the screen just doesnt show DeDeDe

cause what would be the point of inhaling only to get an attack that inhlaes, unless its some kind of throw or similiar to yoshis chewing during a grab but who knows
If he spat him out he would not gain the ability.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
King Dedede in the Kirby games had a sucking ability that does NOT copy abilities but spits ppl out with extra force...so that is basically what its going to be....

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Yeah it was obvious it was going to be it, its essetial to Dedede. He's used it every game hes been in.

Im curious to the extent of its sucking power since he cant copy and its bigger/more powerful.

1) Can you inhale waddle dees/waddle doos you throw and spit them as star ammo?
2) Can you inhale multiple people as Dedede?
3) Can you inhale items like bomb-ombs and spit them as star ammo?
4) Can you inhale projectiles like Samus's missles and spit them back as stars?

Chepe

Smash Lord
His spit trajectory will probably be pretty low like he can do it in the games too, so like someone said, this might be the perfect Dedede edgeguard!

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm just glad he sucks! ;) ;) I woulda been a little disappointed if he didnt have this move. It'll be interesting to see exactly how it works. It will be different enough from Kirby's, but how? I'm guessing, more powerful, maybe explosive on impact.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's almost guarenteed that Dedede will be able to inhale Waddle Dee/Doo and use them as projectiles. It will be as in Melee when you inhale a Goomba (etc) with Kirby and Star Shot them at others.

I don't think you'll be able to inhale Gordo, since Gordo is unable to be inhaled in Kirby games. But then again, who knows until we try all these things out for ourselves?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
It's almost guarenteed that Dedede will be able to inhale Waddle Dee/Doo and use them as projectiles. It will be as in Melee when you inhale a Goomba (etc) with Kirby and Star Shot them at others.

I don't think you'll be able to inhale Gordo, since Gordo is unable to be inhaled in Kirby games. But then again, who knows until we try all these things out for ourselves?
Cool, thanks for the info on being able to do that to goombas/redeads. That will be cool with dedede to throw waddle dees and spit them out as fast star projectiles. :)

Yeah... Gordos were never inhaleable, doubt that will change. Sakurai would have to be a cruel basterd to make Kirby or Dedede inhale one of those. :laugh:

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Ah, Gordo's may have never been suck-upable by Kirby, but Dedede's got a much more powerful suck. Maybe the King will be able to accomplish what the commoner has never been able to!

Top Bottom