• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

killing as Dedede

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
Not sure if there is a thread on this yet, haven't seen one.

I was thinking to myself, playing Dedede I'm somewhat predictable with Utilt, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread on how we could think of maybe innovative ways to land the Utilt, or set it up.

Also, I think if we could find any good ways to set up WoP too that it would be helpful to everyone, also getting those early 90-120% Utilt kills. Wracking damage as Dedede becomes fairly fast with his good damage, and his WoP with Chaingrab on most characters, but we don't focus on the killing aspect of him.

So if anyone has any good innovative, and somewhat unpredictable approach to using the Utilt or any of his other kill methods, we could advance our game with the King.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
a couple ways i know of to set up an uptilt kill is to fast fall over your opponent with a neutral air. they will pop up above your head and you can immediately uptilt.

also i know that if your on BF for instance at damage like 90 to 120 if you do a foward tilt and they are under a platform the will pop up and land on the platform. so you can immediately run over and uptilt them on the platform if they dont tech which most likely they wont.

you also have to mindgame it sometimes. like you can start a chaingrab but instead of actually doing it all the way stop it near the end and they will most likely roll back to the middle of the stage and u can uptilt them when the roll to u.

or you can grab release some people to uptilt.

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
I like the chaingrab one Knightmare, i usually try to mindgame with the tackle off of the chaingrab too, usually when i predict a sidestep. But people that tech roll, it would be better than another grab your right.

I was also thinking you could fake them out, because the Utilt comes out fast. So you can SH Fair 2nd jump into Dair land with no lag and Utilt them. Even if they get hit by the Dair and go up, now you can chase them, and if it's Battlefield they have to land on a platform, or maneuver through platforms.

Also, the Dtilt after Dthrow on some characters semi-spikes them into a good position to predict recovery for WoP. I personally wait for a second to see which direction they choose to recover from, then i go after them to land Bairs.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
CG to bair gimp or CG to Fthrow can kill. Dair and Uair kill if your opponent is near the top death zone, fair is also a good killer. for some characters, Dthrow to Dtilt can kill. Bthrow kills aswell.
My most used kill setup is CG -> fthrow (near edge) -> and then going for Fair/Bair kill off-stage.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I don't really think about killing when my opponent is at high percentages. Utilt is the best way though but you could punish their roll dodge with a Dsmash. Kills at middle to high percentages aswell. Bair is just the best move lawl :p

Smudge

Smash Lord
The Fair has to be my favorite killing move, Chain Grab them off the stage then FastFall of the stage into a Fair.

Also, the one I really like is the Mindgames'd Chain Grab into the Dash Attack, if you can get it so it hits clean, it can kill at rather low percentages.

As far as hitting the UTilt goes, maybe Dash -> Shield -> Sheild Drop -> Utilt?

kam11

Smash Rookie
Also, I think if we could find any good ways to set up WoP too that it would be helpful to everyone, also getting those early 90-120% Utilt kills. Wracking damage as Dedede becomes fairly fast with his good damage, and his WoP with Chaingrab on most characters, but we don't focus on the killing aspect of him.

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
well i was thinking, the WoP for setup, everyone chaingrabs to the edge and go from there, but setting it up as in. Watch your opponents recovery, once you know the habits they have over the edge, you have to figure out a way to stop it.

So if your opponent likes going under the stage, you can either stage spike, or fast fall Fair or Bair, then proceed with the WoP.

If your opponent likes to recover above the stage, try to get up there a little earlier to time a Bair of Fair and keep that going as long as you can. Sometimes your opponent can read your WoP so read the Airdodge, and follow them after your Aerial. Punish Airdodging with a Nair, it comes out really fast and at lower % sets up a Fair. The if they have bad recovery Edgehog, or if they have decent recovery but it's slow, then hit them with another Fair and edgehog.

Top Bottom