• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killa Fleet Presents: The Zenith: Smash Of The Titans! Feb. 24 huge update...1st post

Bailey

Smash Hero
Boy the tournament scene has changed in the last five years. The last time I attended a tournament was in the summer of 2002. This one was fun, but I have some personal opinions about it...

Instead of calling it 'Zenith: Smash Of The Titans', you should have called it 'Let's All Use The Same Five Characters and Wavedash To Win'. Its no wonder why MLG took Melee off of their tournament ring. A wise decision on their part.

What bugs me about Melee is that for people like me who have trained with their characters for 4 or 5 years now, we get beaten by high tier characters that wavedash relentlessly. For the people who trained with low tier characters and are really good with them, I commend you. I don't know names since I don't frequent tournaments that much, but there was a very, very good Bowser and Yoshi that I played in friendlies downstairs, and they were the ones I was most impressed by.

Wes, I played you in the Best In New York tourny about 5 years ago in a friendly match. Back then you were Samus. Now you're Link. You're annoying as hell, but I thank you for playing a character like Link almost flawlessly and without wavedashing. A true Smasher indeed.

Who the hell came up with this pool thing? It was confusing as hell. My pool had no idea what to do for about a half hour, and when we finally got into the swing of things we did it *** backwards.

I can't wait for Brawl to be released. I believe that if wavedashing will be incorporated as a legitmate part of the game, or will be erased all together. Brawl will be different, because all the characters will be equal. That will be a wake up call to all the Smashers out there who think because they wavedash, they're tough ****.

See you all online in Brawl in 2007. If anybody has any complaints, you'll be able to find me there when the game is released.
Yea about that you will probably suck in Brawl like you do in Melee and in Life go day sir. Tournament sounded like lots of fun sucks I missed it.

Brookman

Smash Hero
How could a tournament where all the badpeople win cause they just play fox/sheik/falco/marth and wavedash around?! I actually killed someone by wavedashing around with ness though...I had a thunder jacket on though...so I guess his wavedash is broken.

Quil

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I went to the tournament and it was tons of fun, despite the fact that I couldn't enter the tournament since I had to leave early. I played a lot of friendlies though.

I was pretty much the only Jigglypuff downstairs playing friendlies. I did pretty well considering how new I am to this whole tournament thing (This tournament was my third one in total).

Anybody remember me? I had a good time playing friendlies.

HipHopSpam

Smash Apprentice
Boy the tournament scene has changed in the last five years. The last time I attended a tournament was in the summer of 2002. This one was fun, but I have some personal opinions about it...

Instead of calling it 'Zenith: Smash Of The Titans', you should have called it 'Let's All Use The Same Five Characters and Wavedash To Win'. Its no wonder why MLG took Melee off of their tournament ring. A wise decision on their part.

What bugs me about Melee is that for people like me who have trained with their characters for 4 or 5 years now, we get beaten by high tier characters that wavedash relentlessly. For the people who trained with low tier characters and are really good with them, I commend you. I don't know names since I don't frequent tournaments that much, but there was a very, very good Bowser and Yoshi that I played in friendlies downstairs, and they were the ones I was most impressed by.

Wes, I played you in the Best In New York tourny about 5 years ago in a friendly match. Back then you were Samus. Now you're Link. You're annoying as hell, but I thank you for playing a character like Link almost flawlessly and without wavedashing. A true Smasher indeed.

Who the hell came up with this pool thing? It was confusing as hell. My pool had no idea what to do for about a half hour, and when we finally got into the swing of things we did it *** backwards.

I can't wait for Brawl to be released. I believe that if wavedashing will be incorporated as a legitmate part of the game, or will be erased all together. Brawl will be different, because all the characters will be equal. That will be a wake up call to all the Smashers out there who think because they wavedash, they're tough ****.

See you all online in Brawl in 2007. If anybody has any complaints, you'll be able to find me there when the game is released.
You're so out of your element man....Quit!

Cort

Apple Head
I don't know what you guys are talking about, that post couldn't be any better.

In terms of... entertainment.

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
That guy is right. Wavedashing should be banned...thank god for MLG realizing that Smash is in no way balanced and took it out :-\.

On a serious note, from what I've seen wavedashing doesn't help much. It's always gonna be how well you can adjust and read your opponent. This doesn't go for cactuar though, a few well timed FAIRs and GG!!! RIGHT?! I'm kidding...I just hated how your fair timing is so perfect...god....****

Edit: I live in Brooklyn I'm gonna need housing for the next tourney, can anyone help me out?!

-RuBar-

Smash Apprentice
**** i missed this shiz but im def gona be at alot of the next tournaments comin up so tetra i think we still have a match to do which i rly wana do im sure itll be really intense so get bac to me ight peace

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
don't know wat all da b*tchin is about melee with the WD, in every game like MVC2, SNKvsCap2, SoulCalibur2, tekken theres always broken tiers and brawl will not be an exception cuz if u haven't caught on to the speed of the chars just by watching the trailers don't bother playing it.

Top Bottom