• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Underworld Theme

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
eh, the music sounds odd to me, but then again i dont have the nostalgia due to never playing Kid Icarus. I, however, can't say its entirely bad. So-so update for me.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I guess Music and was right, just I had no clue it'd be KI music.
This sample isn't even all the great... I mean, the OoT Medley was great, the Yoshi Music was great, the Star Fox Music was great...the MENU music was great...but this just doesn't do it for me.
As much as I love Pit, I was not impressed Sakurai. Not impressed at all.
Just quoting myself from a different thread.
Well, come to think of it, maybe if I actually played the game like I have for the other music samples, I'd like this one...
You think?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Eh. Not my favorite music update so far, but it's not bad. Never played Kid Icarus, so I too lack the nostalgia.

Buuuuuut, for those of you who have played Kid Icarus, wanna fill the rest of us in on why this song is called "The Underworld"? My first thought went to "OMGZ, AND UNDERWORLD-ISH KID ICARUS STAGE?", but it sounds like it could totally fit with the stage we already have seen. Any answers?

Phred

Smash Journeyman
They keep putting Peach off, lol.
At least the music is cool. Music is always awesome and welcomed. :D

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
OGMEOJHOIAHFOIHOIAGVHA

Best music update ever. I love the fact that they have a totally 8-bit sounding bass line mixed with the orchestra.

I'm such a ****ing Kid Icarus Fanboy.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Eh. Not my favorite music update so far, but it's not bad. Never played Kid Icarus, so I too lack the nostalgia.

Buuuuuut, for those of you who have played Kid Icarus, wanna fill the rest of us in on why this song is called "The Underworld"? My first thought went to "OMGZ, AND UNDERWORLD-ISH KID ICARUS STAGE?", but it sounds like it could totally fit with the stage we already have seen. Any answers?
That's the setting of the game. Pit gets trapped in the underworld and has to escape and defeat the evil.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Awesome song. But, I was expecting the remix to be better. And yeah, no peach ftl. Then again, they haven't updated Metaknight either.

Oh, it's called the underworld cause in the first 4 levels of the game (I think, I don't know much.) you play in the Underworld and that's the music that plays. I always hated the Grim Reaper and his little birdies/whatever the **** they are. His song is cool, tho.

Hong

The Strongest

It's played in stages 1-1 to 1-3.
Here's a YouTube of stage 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSfS9w9_0kg

The title theme has some similarities but it's not quite the same.

BladeDemon

Smash Cadet
i havent heard it before but this sounds by far to be one of the better music clips we have heard

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gotta love Hip Tanaka's music... he composed two of my favorite game soundtracks: Metroid and Kid Icarus.

I suppose it's worth mentioning that the area in KI called Sky World has different music than the Underworld... so it's possible this hints at there being another Kid Icarus stage, but of course there's no rule that a stage in Brawl MUST have the music of the area it's themed around.

BladeDemon

Smash Cadet
i am pretty sure like melee there will be 2 levels for every game i guess you could say and remeber there are still a little over 3 monthes of information we havent recieved

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The first time I heard it, it was like "Eh... it's okay, I guess." Now I kind of like it.

I've never played a Kid Icarus game, though. So it makes sense.

PJGasca

Smash Cadet
Continuing my high quality extended music sample tradition.

Kid Icarus: The Underworld mp3
http://www.cooltastic.com/music/brawl/07 Kid Icarus The Underworld.mp3

All of the other songs (extended as well) can be found here:
http://www.cooltastic.com/music/brawl

So the majority of songs for Melee were orchestrated, whereas the majority of these seem to be MIDI. I'm a bit disappointed that Nintendo is saying that they will fully orchestrate games such as with Twilight Princess and decide not to in the end.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I like this song. It has a nice beat oti t and carries that classic game vibe. Makes me wish that I had played KI.

We still to need to get some Mario and pokemon music though. And Peach will be in a week or so because having her update would be too logical and expected for Sakurai to do.

Sariku

Smash Master
Gagh... this is WORSE than the Star Fox Theme... I completely hate this song... its just soo... bleh.

I love Ocarina of Time, Yoshi's Island, and the Menu Theme. Plus the games theme, but this one was pathetic in my opinion... yes, I know it's supposed to be classy and all, but this was just stupid. I'll have this horrible song stuck in my head all the way through Health, Biology, AND Algebra 2 class...

I know people aren't to hate music updates, but with all these stupid songs, I'm being turned off... might play Brawl with Mute on.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's no rule that a stage in Brawl MUST have the music of the area it's themed around.
True, since some stages in Melee had multiple music. Though I wouldn't be suprised at all if there's a 2nd KI stage.

NukeA6

Smash Master
This song sounds just like the original. Very well done.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I like it the music,and I like it more becuae I called music yesterday! That's two for two,people!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I actually like this song, as much as I hate music updates. it's very fitting for skyworld, and is pretty catchy, even though I never played KI. plus, Hip Tanaka= <3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Gagh... this is WORSE than the Star Fox Theme... I completely hate this song... its just soo... bleh.

I love Ocarina of Time, Yoshi's Island, and the Menu Theme. Plus the games theme, but this one was pathetic in my opinion... yes, I know it's supposed to be classy and all, but this was just stupid. I'll have this horrible song stuck in my head all the way through Health, Biology, AND Algebra 2 class...

I know people aren't to hate music updates, but with all these stupid songs, I'm being turned off... might play Brawl with Mute on.
Sounds to me that you really dislike the Kid Icarus feeling this music gives people.

I for one like any update, so maybe its just that I'm very open-minded.

Or,

maybe you're too close-minded.

or something.

lol.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I had to watch the "Kid Icarus Level 1" video to really appreciate this music. I can see how it would get really annoying after a while though. I'll be happy if this is played on Skyworld, because it doesn't look like I'll be playing that stage much anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like the music, but after a month or two if hearing it, I'm sure I'll get sick of it.

Kirbinater

Smash Rookie
I've never played Kid Icarus but I found it to have a catchy, somewhat retro feel to it.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Lunadis, haha! Nice to see you around here.

And yes, the music is truly awesome. I've heard loads of Fan remixes, but Nintendo pulls it off. This is truly amazing. Great update. Peach will be Friday is my guess. Tomorrow Stage.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
For everyone who hasn't played Kid Icarus:

Sakurai is basically demanding that you do.
If you have a wii.
Buy it on the VC.
It's well worth 5 dollars.
Then come back and post in the music topic.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
definetely. i bought it, and it is one of the best games ever. except it is extremely hard. and not everday hard, hard enough that you want to punch something.

but i love today's update cause it's something familiar and i loved hearing it so much in the game

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
definetely. i bought it, and it is one of the best games ever. except it is extremely hard. and not everday hard, hard enough that you want to punch something.

but i love today's update cause it's something familiar and i loved hearing it so much in the game
You just need to take it slowly; play it like the adventure game its supposed to be.
If you wait and let all of the enemies regenerate and attack you, then kill them before they do, eventually they will stop regenerating and youll be safe to travel a bit longer.
Camp.
Shoot.
Proceed.
Camp.
Shoot.
etc.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
This song even made me feel a little nostalgic, in spite of me never having gotten past stage 2 in Kid Icarus and that only having been about a year ago.

Although...does anyone else notice anything strange about this song? Something different from all the others we've heard?

It has a defined ending!

Every other song just fades out somewhere in the middle, but this one very much...ends. I can't really picture how it could possibly loop. I mean, when you end with "I'm finished!", that's pretty much that. But if it can't loop...then where could it be played?

Top Bottom