• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kicking Off the Summer: Maine Smash Tournament ³

Kais

Smash Ace
Oh hey, that gives me a good idea. How is the following location for everybody?

http://www.weekendanime.com

This tourney could be run by me, not the staff. Also, it's probably come down to a local tourney because of such short notice. All other rules are as they have been with entry fees the same. I'll have to collect your money at the door as they don't allow money trading hands inside. Any objections?

To GaMiN: The only reason I chose here over that other store is because I know the people that work there.

Kais

Smash Ace
Just be sure to let me know within the next week. I would like to do it just before Portcon. That goes for everybody by the way.

~Kais

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
GaMiN said:
I don't know. What about that card shop that Team Group has tournaments in?
Oddly enough, we were planning on holding our own Maine Smash Tournament (not affiliated with MST), but this would solve problems we have in addition to the ones Kais seems to have. His lack of space and our lack of staff = solved. Now we'd just need confirmed entrants, TVs, Cubes, and VCRs (In addition to blank tapes so we can record at least the noteworthy matches, I know a guy who can work with tapes on his computer so I wouldn't mind doing the vid editing this time)

I'd have to set a table-set up for the basement, which would be the ideal room to play in (upstairs has a lot of stock, and the basement, while smaller than normal MST size, is large enough). I'd also have to set up an AC for the window (although I'm not sure if I'll actually need it...that room, while only having one window, manages to remain cooler than the upstairs, despite usually having more people in it at a time)

The biggest problem I see is that it's 30 miles northeast of Falmouth...so people in the Falmouth area might dislike the re-location, people traveling from out-of-state, are, well, traveling from out-of-state. If they wanted to go all the way to maine another 30 miles won't hurt ;) Also, the tournament would have to be held at 3 so it starts around the same time the YGO tournament that the card store holds is ending.

Food: The store sells 24 oz sodas at $1 a piece, so drinks are covered, and the owner usually orders pizza for the YGO tournament he holds, so food should be fine as well.

Eh, if anything seems missing, let me know.

EDIT: It seems I either spent to much time typing this post, or I simply forgot about the additional page >_>

2nd EDIT: Kais, as for the vid, you should submit it to YouTube, I'm not sure how long it takes them to put a video up, but it's probably faster than GoogleVideo.

Kais

Smash Ace
Dazwa said:
Oddly enough, we were planning on holding our own Maine Smash Tournament (not affiliated with MST), but this would solve problems we have in addition to the ones Kais seems to have. His lack of space and our lack of staff = solved. Now we'd just need confirmed entrants, TVs, Cubes, and VCRs (In addition to blank tapes so we can record at least the noteworthy matches, I know a guy who can work with tapes on his computer so I wouldn't mind doing the vid editing this time)

I'd have to set a table-set up for the basement, which would be the ideal room to play in (upstairs has a lot of stock, and the basement, while smaller than normal MST size, is large enough). I'd also have to set up an AC for the window (although I'm not sure if I'll actually need it...that room, while only having one window, manages to remain cooler than the upstairs, despite usually having more people in it at a time)

The biggest problem I see is that it's 30 miles northeast of Falmouth...so people in the Falmouth area might dislike the re-location, people traveling from out-of-state, are, well, traveling from out-of-state. If they wanted to go all the way to maine another 30 miles won't hurt ;) Also, the tournament would have to be held at 3 so it starts around the same time the YGO tournament that the card store holds is ending.

Food: The store sells 24 oz sodas at $1 a piece, so drinks are covered, and the owner usually orders pizza for the YGO tournament he holds, so food should be fine as well.

Eh, if anything seems missing, let me know.

EDIT: It seems I either spent to much time typing this post, or I simply forgot about the additional page >_>

2nd EDIT: Kais, as for the vid, you should submit it to YouTube, I'm not sure how long it takes them to put a video up, but it's probably faster than GoogleVideo.
As far as the video, this means I have to go back to school tomorrow. Oh god, I thought I was done there....

And as it pertains to the smash tournament. It can definitely be affiliated with MST if you want. We could make that MST4 instead. Where can I fit in on the staff roster?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Kais said:
As far as the video, this means I have to go back to school tomorrow. Oh god, I thought I was done there....

And as it pertains to the smash tournament. It can definitely be affiliated with MST if you want. We could make that MST4 instead. Where can I fit in on the staff roster?
Well, if you already have plans to hold it at WeekendAnime, that'd be fine as well. Especially considering holding it at Falmouth has worked fine so far. If you wanted to, though, you could drop by one of our weekly smash tournaments so you can decide which would be a better setting.

EDIT: You don't have to go back to school, but I'm sure there are others who would look at "2 weeks" and...well...I don't know.

Kais

Smash Ace
Dazwa said:
Well, if you already have plans to hold it at WeekendAnime, that'd be fine as well. Especially considering holding it at Falmouth has worked fine so far. If you wanted to, though, you could drop by one of our weekly smash tournaments so you can decide which would be a better setting.

EDIT: You don't have to go back to school, but I'm sure there are others who would look at "2 weeks" and...well...I don't know.
No, I don't think theres a problem with going back to the school. I was just kidding.

The tournament: Weekend Anime is in Westbrook if you remember correctly. And I also happen to think that your space would be better. Quite simply, there'd be more of it. Is the next one on Saturday? I do trust your judgement btw so I'm not completely concerned with checking it out first.

Banks

Smash Hero
HOLD ALL TOURNIES UNTIL AFTER JULY 15th! kthanksbye

or before july 1st which is when we r leaving =)

Kais

Smash Ace
@ GaMiN: Oh well, yes. Thats a fine date so long as Dazwa is all set with it.

@Dazwa: I'd guess a week at most, not too much longer. Also, I've found out that I'm not going to be around on the 29'th as I leave for Japan on the 21'st. I won't be coming back until August 9'th so yeah. I can get others to staff though if you still need it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
As it turns out, I found the perfect day where almost no one who brought up they couldn't make it can.

August 5th. That's the now current unofficial date.

Top Bottom