• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kicking Off the Summer: Maine Smash Tournament ³

Kais

Smash Ace
Yes, I am seriously calling it that.

Ok folks, this is the last MST to be held at the school until the fall, so lets get absolutely everybody we can so it will be undoubtedly the best. Heres what you need to know:

When:

Saturday, June 3'rd
12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Where:

Falmouth High School
74 Woodville Road
Falmouth, ME

Entry Fee:

Singles: $15
Doubles: $5

Rules:

Advanced Picking -

A.P. is a method of tournament progression which is divided by rounds.

Round 1- Both players pick their characters. If players cannot choose due to the other always countering their pick, the players tell another person respectively what character they want and those people will pick for them. This rarely happens unless you are a *****. The match takes place at a random stage.

Round 2 - The loser of round 1 first chooses what stage they wish to fight at. Following the loser's pick, the winner picks their character. After this, the loser picks their character.

Round 3 - This round is a simple "lather, rinse, and repeat" of round 2.

The aforementioned tournament style is used so that the loser can have reasonable chance to fight back. This is conducted with four stock and is, quite obviously, 1 on 1 with best matches 2 out of 3.

Random Stages -

Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams - Banned in teams
Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
"Yoshi's whatever"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

And that'd be it, you can sign up, discuss, and make teams here. We need more people!

Singles Official Roster

- Kais
- Vane
- Buckwheat (+2 friends)
- Sobou
- Dazwa
- Darc
- SOLAR (+3 friends)
- Raype
- Th0rn
- Pixel
- Banks
- IceMan
- KoreanDJ
- Brian
- Quansora
- RedSoxFan

Current Pot Value: $157.50

Doubles Official Roster

- Dazwa/Darc
- Kais/Vane
- Banks/Th0rn
- Pixel/IceMan
- SOLAR/RedSoxFan
- Sobou/Buckwheat (hereafter referred to as IronChief)
- KoreanDJ/Brian
- Zach/Joey

Current Pot Value: $80

Official Tournament Mods

- Kais
- Vane
- Sobou
- SOLAR

Listen to them!!

IMPORTANT

Some things worth noting on the main page which have already been metioned are the following:

First off, we are using "Dave's Stupid Rule" For more information on how this rule works, please refer to page 3.

Secondly, all semi-finals/final matches will be 3 out of 5, not 2 out of 3 as the rest of the tournament.

And finally, anything like MMing at the wrong times or back-talking MST staff will result in your immediate expulsion from the tournament without a refund.

~Kais

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Add "Yoshi's whatever" to the list of random stages.

And add me to the list of people going, most likely teaming with Darc.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Sign me up. If you have any questions message me at Neil1337 on aim, or PM me here. It's going to be roughly 3 hours to get here from Mass, roughly 5 hours from NJ, Roughly 7-8 hours from Philly.

Oh and I need a good experienced partner. I want to do good in teams. Message and PM me if you are interested in placing in this thing.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Sign up KoreanDJ to this lol. I'll try to bring others along with me, just stay tuned.

Kais

Smash Ace
So, announcement:

Last time, I don't think the disorganized fashion was any one person's fault (except for Vane) but I just want to lay down some guidelines for everybody.

1. Save MMs and friendlies for when a tournament event is not going on. Ideal time would be during the lunch hour (which I am arranging and will be sure to happen) or during the first hour of practice time. If you are playing an MM or friendly and somebody needs to use your TV for the main event, you must postpone your match at risk of disqualification. The same thing applies for when you need to play in the tournament but are playing a non-tournament match.

2. Don't say things into the camera! Not even twice. The camera went out of focus way too often last MST and it was, in part, due to people coming up to it all the time and getting too close to it while they talked. To solve this, people are no longer allowed to get near the camera. There will be one member of MST staff watching the camera at all times so please don't bug them.

3. Chairs need to stay where they are. Prior to the tournament, I'll be re-arranging the room's layout very slightly but I do expect it to stay the way I make it at least until lunch. People who needed to play in their matches had to maneuver around the chairs and I didn't really like how that worked out.

4. Aside from that, use common sense! I don't think this was a problem, especially when you guys were playing other people, but heres just one phrase of advice: No n00b Bashing. They're n00bs for a reason; they have no one to play with. Giving advice works alot better than telling them that they are a c-sticking n00blet.

^^^^^^^That last one was really only for new people to MST but keep it in mind!^^^

Thats all I have to say.

~Kais

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Kais said:
2. Don't say things into the camera! Not even twice. The camera went out of focus way too often last MST and it was, in part, due to people coming up to it all the time and getting too close to it while they talked. To solve this, people are no longer allowed to get near th camera. There will be one member of MST staff watching the camera at all times so please don't bug them.
~Kais
>_> Sorry about that. I thought some comedy would be nice >_>

Kais

Smash Ace
It wasn't a big deal at the time Darc, I don't hold it against you. It was one of those "Aha!" after-the-fact things. Not a problem, just don't do it this time :chuckle:

~Kais

SOLAR

Smash Ace
I'll start taking headcount of people I will bring in my hugeass van. I will also start inviting people. Hopefully Mew2King will be able to show up to this one!

SOLAR

Smash Ace
He's from New Jersey, he hasn't said whether or not he can go but I believe he's considering it. He told me he is going to MLG dallas this saturday.

Kais

Smash Ace
I've got another announcement for you all.

If you're bringing people to the tournament, either state how many you're taking or their names so I can increase the pot value

~Kais

th0rn

Smash Lord
If we have more time, I suggest we have crew battles or do the crew battles when you draft people.

Kais

Smash Ace
th0rn said:
If we have more time, I suggest we have crew battles or do the crew battles when you draft people.
MST will feature crew battles only after everything else has been completed. Call it a sort of "bonus" for not playing friendlies, if you will.

~Kais

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I'm going to bring a friend named Brian, so include him in. Not 100% sure, but he's pretty good.

The bad news is that Solar, I don't think I can team with you if my friend goes. Sry about that.

Banks

Smash Hero
put Banks/th0rn and Pixel/Iceman down as teams

this time someone from NSG will win.

no johnz =)

SOLAR

Smash Ace
It's aright DJ let me know if plans change. I'm going to want an MM with Brian of course 5$ should he come!

Also, add Quansora to the roster, he's confirmed to show.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Alright, all you bit**es better get ready for "The Shades" in the 2v2 tourney.

Edit: Also add the following teams:
SOLAR and RedSoxFan
Sobou and Buckwheat(aka IronChief)
KoreanDJ and Brian

(scratch the jimi and trevor thing)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
SOLAR said:
Alright, all you bit**es better get ready for "The Shades" in the 2v2 tourney.

Edit: Also add the following teams:
SOLAR and RedSoxFan
Sobou and Buckwheat(aka IronChief)
Jimi and Trevor
KoreanDJ and Brian
Who the crap said Trevor was teaming with Jimi?

Or for that matter, Jimi was even going?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
LOL @ $5 entry fee for teams. I mean, at least $5 per person.

BTW Solar, Brian agrees to your Money Match.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Ah yes, it is 10$ per team, just 5$ per person. There are 7 teams and the pot is at 70 currently. I know there will be more teams as well who sign up at the tourney.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Are you going to enforce Dave's Stupid Rule at the tourney (You cannot counter-pick a stage if the stage is where you got your last victory unless your opponent agrees to it)? It was really unclear and seemed to be used only when the players knew what the hell it was...

Also, be sure to clarify about finals being 3/5, loser bracket winner vs. winners bracket winner (Although that should be common sense in tournament play), etc.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
In the final round of the winners bracket, the final match will be 3 out of 5. Yes, Dave's stupid rule will be used in that if a person wins at a stage in a round, they may not pick that stage again.

Since there have been complaints about the last tournament, if people begin to yell and or curse to the point where it is a major disturbance, they will be warned and then if the problem persists after another warning they will be asked to leave. Although it is the best game in the universe, and it is the focal point of everyones lives, people still must keep their frustration and annoyance factor down at a managable point! <3

Banks

Smash Hero
aight well, since zoso isn't going...

me and thorn will win teams, KDJ 1st, thorn second and me third for singles

ROFL

but really.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
My friend Brian also known as Leth, is going to accept SOlar's Money Match. I promise that teams will be a great fight. Trust me.

th0rn

Smash Lord
I just want to warn you all that FleshWang will be participating in teams. we got jew'd last time. We aren't going to sandbag this time. kthx. You have been warned. Plus, we are going to poop on team group if they decide to have crew battles. =)

Banks

Smash Hero
SOLAR said:
Yea because you owned Darc and Dazwa last time. Oops I mean didn't own them!

D;
umm, I believe we didn't face them at all....

actually we lost to our own teammates (pixel and iceman) in an intense kirby/yoshi team match cuz we felt Xtra cocky

no sandbaggin next time

ROFLLL

SOLAR

Smash Ace
That is uncalled for, ZoSo. I seem to recall you spending like fifteen minutes talking about how fox's shine is gay at the last tourney...

Top Bottom