• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kicking Off the Summer: Maine Smash Tournament ³

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
ZoSo. Do you have some sort of grudge against Maine? Did you not enjoy the trip?
What about the competition, the close matches, etc

Sounds like a fun time to me.

Other variables would be you being sick >_>

ZoSo

Smash Champion
th0rn said:
No, zoso is just mad that every fox he played, he got owned. And they weren't friendlies.
Except for that NSG Fox I played. That was ****. I basically ran a train on the NSG at the last tournament. Or I would've if they hadn't backed down from the money matches.

Intimidated by a sick kid.. :(

Dear NSG,

Nobody takes you seriously. Stop saying you're gonna win and actually do it, for once.

Solar, Darc, Kais: You guys are cool.

Banks

Smash Hero
ZoSo said:
Except for that NSG Fox I played. That was ****. I basically ran a train on the NSG at the last tournament. Or I would've if they hadn't backed down from the money matches.

Intimidated by a sick kid.. :(

Dear NSG,

Nobody takes you seriously. Stop saying you're gonna win and actually do it, for once.

Solar, Darc, Kais: You guys are cool.
zoso, you are a ****ing ******. how the **** was it **** you homo? i won one round out of three and the others were close. you only won cuz i killed myself you ****in fairy...you aren't better than anyone in our crew, so you cant say ****. and you act like a little ***** when DJ ***** your ***. 'nuff said

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
So anyways...

Anyone want some Money Matches?

How about my Peach?

OR MY PICHU?

Kais

Smash Ace
Ok NSG, we get the point. You see, the whole idea here is to keep entrants coming back, not calling them a fuc(k)ing ******. ZoSo is still more than welcome to come back. If NSG is going to act this way, I may reconsider their entrance. The main idea? PG13 on the boards, R at the tourney.

KDJ: I'll MM you for $1 XD

~Kais

ZoSo

Smash Champion
th0rn said:
Zoso, Darc beat you. nuff said.
Darc beat me fair and square. What's your point?

Banksyayogame50 said:
and you act like a little ***** when DJ ***** your ***. 'nuff said
There were factors in play during that set that had nothing to do with anything happening on the screen. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. You're just a classic example of somebody who can dish it out but can't take it.

Banks

Smash Hero
i didn't lie and say I ***** you.

you in no way shape or form "*****" me. stop spreading bull****. I don't dish so I don't have to take.

Kais: he started it, i will finish it.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Banksyayogame50 said:
i didn't lie and say I ***** you.

you in no way shape or form "*****" me. stop spreading bull****. I don't dish so I don't have to take.

Kais: he started it, i will finish it.
Lol? You and your buddies talk more trash than any crew I've ever seen. I have no problem with any of you, but the way you conduct yourselves on Smashboards is disgusting, frankly. Kidding or not, you come off as a bunch of cocky punks.

Nobody is interested in how bad you're going to beat x or that you're going to get x place at x tournament. If you really think you can beat somebody, challenge them and prove it. Talking about it wastes everybody's time and proves nothing.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
ZoSo said:
Nobody is interested in how bad you're going to beat x or that you're going to get x place at x tournament. If you really think you can beat somebody, challenge them and prove it. Talking about it wastes everybody's time and proves nothing.
Actually, Team Group has a betting pool. We wager on who from NSG makes the trash talking, whether or not their trash talking is direct, and if so, towards whom. So yes, we're actually interested to know who they plan on beating.

lethologica

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is kdj's partner brian/leth. (What he's failed to mention is that i go by 'wang.')
Anyhow, i'm wondering just where the HELL he is.. he's supposed to be giving me a ride to the tourney but his house is empty, so I may not be able to make it.. sorry solar =/ It's a shame, we would have rolled teams... XD So unless he makes a clutch attempt to contact me in the next 2 hours, I won't make it; if he's there, beat him over the head for leaving me behind, because I'm hella pissed right now. *mumble grumble about getting up at 6am*

edit: yeah dj's an idiot, I probably could have slept a bit longer, but whatevs, we'll be there.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
AJiggaG is coming too, note that.

Also, Wang is here at my place, don't worry.

Also, WHERE IS THIS TAKING PLACE??!! Is it that Auditorium, or the "Angry Room" (the room where the 2nd tourney was held)?

BTW!!!

ME AND WANG AND AJIGGAG IS GOING TO BE LATE, CAN YOU POSTPONE THE DOUBLES FOR AT MOST AN HOUR? BECAUSE THERE IS PROBLEMS WITH TRANSPORTATION AND SINCE ITS A 2 HOUR DRIVE, WE DONT WANT TO GET SCREWED OVER NOT PARTICIPATING IN DOUBLES. THANKS IN ADVANCED!

BTW WHERE IS THIS TAKING PLACE?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Koreandj111 said:
AJiggaG is coming too, note that.

Also, Wang is here at my place, don't worry.

Also, WHERE IS THIS TAKING PLACE??!! Is it that Auditorium, or the "Angry Room" (the room where the 2nd tourney was held)?
XFD @ "Angry room."

I'd have to guess it was being held in the angry room.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
GUYS CAN YOU GUYS HOLD THE TOURNEY TILL WE GET THERE? ID EXTREMELY APPRECIATE IT! IVE BEEN WORKING RLLY HARD JUST TO MAKE IT TO THIS TOURNEY, SO PLEASE DONT START WITHOUT US! WE'LL BE LIKE AN HOUR LATE OR HOUR HALF, BUT THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME FOR FRIENDLIES BEFORE HAND, SO YOU GUYS SHOULD DO SO!

Thanks in advanced.

Btw, Tourney MODS, PLEASE CALL MY NUMBER IMMEDIATELY:

857-231-2230.

th0rn

Smash Lord
I know Team Group pretty well and they know I was kidding. I play with them all the time.

Zoso, how many tourneys have you been to in your entire life? I know that it's probabley a fairly high amount, somewhere in the double digits. Darc has only been to ONE large tourney. Plus, he just STARTED fox like a week before that tourney. Good job on him. Also, I WOULD of MMd you, which I had accepted when you offered, but you were too busy making Darc rematch you SEVERAL times which I believe you LOST all of them. You say I'm a bad sport? KDJ is sandbagging verse you, and you don't want that on tape so you throw a hissy fit and walk out. wtf.

"Darc beat me fair and square. What's your point?"
That was my point.

EDIT: I just realized how much crap you talk when you're not even going.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
th0rn said:
I know Team Group pretty well and they know I was kidding. I play with them all the time.

Zoso, how many tourneys have you been to in your entire life? I know that it's probabley a fairly high amount, somewhere in the double digits. Darc has only been to ONE large tourney. Plus, he just STARTED fox like a week before that tourney. Good job on him. Also, I WOULD of MMd you, which I had accepted when you offered, but you were too busy making Darc rematch you SEVERAL times which I believe you LOST all of them. You say I'm a bad sport? KDJ is sandbagging verse you, and you don't want that on tape so you throw a hissy fit and walk out. wtf.

"Darc beat me fair and square. What's your point?"
That was my point.

EDIT: I just realized how much crap you talk when you're not even going.
I'm not just saying this because your trash-talk annoys me personally. I'm echoing the sentiments of other players, who I'm not going to refer to by name for obvious reasons.

I've been to probably less than ten tournaments, though I don't see how that matters, since PC Chris is light years ahead of people who have been playing since Game Over, when he was virtually unknown as of a year ago.

Anyway, what does me losing to Darc have to do with you or your crew? He's better than any of you and he doesn't go around acting like he's hot **** because he beat me. We didn't even play in the tournament. But God forbid you go by actual results. You're more than content to jump to stupid conclusions based on a single set.

Did it ever occur to you between the illness, the splitting headache, and the fact that for the first time, I was actually expected to do well at a tournament, I wasn't having such a good day? Who knows. Maybe he would've beaten me anyway. He is really, really good, after all.

Stop talking about me versus DJ. You guys seriously have no clue what was going on at that point, and I can tell you it wasn't related to the game. Did you wonder why DJ went Falco? Why he blaitantly killed himself several times? Of course not. It's between Dan and I, so ****ing drop it. I don't just get that upset for no reason. Usually it has to be something pretty severe, like a friend going back on his word.

th0rn

Smash Lord
ZoSo said:
Darc is better than any of you
That is why I eliminated him from the last tourney. Zoso, you need to stop making lies and johns. Like I said before, I know Team Group and they knew I was kidding. We were just making fun of how bad FleshWang did last time so I decided to make a joke how we're going to **** everyone this time. Who the **** gives you the right to say maine is gay and call me out when I'm joking around with my smash friends. Gtfo. Also, it must of been a bad day like cat2 right? Nice game verse g-fab.

Anyway, it was a great tourney, although I got unlucky and had to play against kdj in the winners bracket, then in the losers. I did get 5 bucks in teams though. >_>

Good Games kdj, solar, wang, and dustin. Aaron, our match was too close. =)

pronstarpwnzor

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry
.... I dont trash talk :confused:

Ok about the tourney... Aaron I played u with marth,,, wtf @ ur crazy moonwalk stuff with falcon. haha that stuff was nice it reminded me of a mini silent spectre. U just need to work on ur mindgames.

Neil.. nice teaming with you, sorry to dissapoint. Rest combos were nice. Maybe we can team again. My bowser is just too good for u. ;)

Darc, Dazwa = 2 gay in teams :laugh: Stupid jiggly... Its funny how everyone is playing jiggly in teams now cuz of Darc. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Banks

Smash Hero
zoso, idk why you get so offended when i say im gonna win. im not trying to be cocky, im just joking around. Everyone who knows me knows i act cocky in a joking manner, if you can't take FRIENDLY trach talk, then just tell me. I didn't think you would get offended by that cucumber comment, quite obviously a JOKE. I don't like it when ppl say they ***** me when they didn't. that is just lying. other than that, i have no problem. just stop insulting me and its fine, internet drama is copmpletely gay, you can diss me in real life if thats what you want to do. I don't want to be attacked because of something th0rn says, like how you lied and said you ***** me, out of the blue because th0rn said foxes beat you. so don't talk about me, kthanksbye.

As for the tourney:

Aaron: your falcon is so crazy, combos out the wazoo

KDJ: still too good

Team Group: you are all getting better, expecially Darc with his gay jiggs

Crimson Knights: nice crew battle =) you all got better since the last tourney tho, you will be insane in no time, just keep practicing

also, if you crimson knights want to come over send me a pm with your AIM names so i can contact you some saturday in the future about a smashfest. my AIM name is: BanksNSG

wang: **** your peach, that was such a close set

lastly, there was too much of that poke float **** at this tourney rofl

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone for showin up, it was a sweet tournament. Thanks to Kais and the Falmouth guys for making it possible, KDJ for teachin me more about pro smash, NSG for the awesome matches, and everyone who came for makin it a better tourney.

WTF@PLAYIN DJ FIRST ROUND IN BOTH TOURNAMENTS!!! Heh had to say it. Good teams matches Ryan we had a sick strat goin on.

Overall it was very smooth, there were no major fights and no major complaints. Good sh*t.

Sobou

Smash Rookie
Definetally some good stuff at this tournament. Unlike MST2, this one was very organized and i'm glad that it functioned so well. My only beef is that the batteries for the video camera died incredibly fast, so I couldn't tape the Loser's Bracket Finals and the Loser's Winner vs Winner's Winner Final. That **** camera sucked those batteries down hard. =|

Aside from that, I had a good time. Granted, it shows that I have a lot more to learn, but with you all around to fight against, i'll be up there in no time.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, glad to see the drama has ended. There's no need to take this argument any further. It's just a game, GG.

So anyways, I had a blast in the Anger Room, but apparently, there wasn't enough anger involved this time. So now I call this room: The Pokefloats.

Shout outs:

Solar: It sucked I had to play you in the first round twice. Next time, I'll be sure that won't happen again. Good matches man, keep up that Mario.

Dazwa: Good **** @ beating my Marth, but you and your Poke floats.... Guess you must love that stage a lot. Very good matches, keep it up.

Darc: **** close **** with your matches. But you and your Poke Floats driving me crazy. I had to deal with that stage 3 times this tourney, it was ridiculous. But nonetheless, you definately gave me a match to remember with that Jigglypuff, great matches man.

Banks: Nice playing you again, hope we can fight eachother soon. Keep that **** up man.

Th0rn: Good **** as well, keep that up and you'll get quite good yourself.

Wang: YAHYUHZ!!! WE GOT IT MANGZ!!!!! GOOD **** IN TEAMS! WANG JUNG AINT NOTHING TO BE MESSED WITH. Nice job on getting 5th, despite it being your 2nd tourney ever, but keep that **** up Wang, and you'll be the next Krazy Jones.

AJiggaG: It was fun travelling with you, and I was glad you were able to make it. We'll practice more often, and I'll get that Falcon be the next Isai dominating Fox and Falcos. Keep it up man.

Thanks again to the people who set up this tourney. It was a pleasure driving 2 hours in the rain for this. It was well worth it.

Anyone I forgot, you guys are awesome, and Maine as a whole improved greatly. You guys should do a crew battle against Rhode Island. It will be a very good match. Let's translate this trash talking flaming pokemon hacking into SSBM and let's see who gets the bragging rights. Sounds like a plan?

Banks

Smash Hero
yea KDJ, i must say you and your buds being there makes that tourney as great as it was. And a crew battle would be sick, if you could make a team of about 7 we could do that next time we have one of these.

Me, th0rn, pixel, solar, darc, dazwa, and iceman would be our uber team hehe

good shizzle, and i hope to see you and everyone else next time

peece

ZoSo

Smash Champion
th0rn said:
That is why I eliminated him from the last tourney. Zoso, you need to stop making lies and johns. Like I said before, I know Team Group and they knew I was kidding. We were just making fun of how bad FleshWang did last time so I decided to make a joke how we're going to **** everyone this time. Who the **** gives you the right to say maine is gay and call me out when I'm joking around with my smash friends. Gtfo. Also, it must of been a bad day like cat2 right? Nice game verse g-fab.

Anyway, it was a great tourney, although I got unlucky and had to play against kdj in the winners bracket, then in the losers. I did get 5 bucks in teams though. >_>

Good Games kdj, solar, wang, and dustin. Aaron, our match was too close. =)
All my matches with G-Fab were friendlies. He's never beaten me in a tournament.

I was kidding with the "Maine is gay" remark. It kind of escalated from there.

Anyway, I guess I misjudged you guys, so let me be the first to apologize. No hard feelings, I hope.

What were the results like this time around? Also, who's this Aaron guy I keep hearing about? Bob Beng reincarnated, perhaps?

pronstarpwnzor said:
Only if i can play Bowser in the crew battle....

<---- Mini Yoyo
:laugh: Yo-Yo is too good.

Banks

Smash Hero
zoso, you are a cool guy i dont like this board fight stuff, lets just forget it all, and just remember that I didn't get ***** plz :chuckle:

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
this is Aaron...

Thanks for the complements guys. Too bad space animals ***** me. It was good experience tho cause thats what i lack down in upstate NY. I only have a like two other people to seriously play with. Hopefully I meet up with some of you guys at other tourneys. Keep practicing. I know i will and now i got dj to practice with. So watch out for me. Anyway good tourney. Next time we should record some vids.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Oh, and GaMiN, in case no one has told you on AIM, the results were...

Teams:

1st - KDJ/Leth - You guys need more Pokefloats practice. >_> Good ****.

2nd - Darc/Dazwa - It could have been first, but for some reason, I kept taking crouch-cancelled d-smashes from Leth's Peach in both the winners bracket portion and the tournament finals. I blame my lack of Peach practice, but that's no john, seeing as how KDJ/Leth playing really well contributed more to our loss as a whole.

3rd - Banks/th0rn - LOL

Singles:

1st - KDJ - Next time, I'll have another surprise stage.

2nd - Darc - technically 2.5th, seeing as how we split prize money between ourselves >_>

3rd - Dazwa - I honestly didn't deserve to place this well, because I was playing horribly the day before and I was just barely catching back up to myself that day, but I'll take the prize money >_>

Shout outs...

KDJ - Pokefloats. I'm sure that's all that needs to be said >_>

NSG - You guys keep getting better and better. And IceMan is finally making a well-deserved boost in skill. I think. Pixel, kickass game. Banks, good **** in teams. th0rn, same as Banks, + I'm glad I didn't have to face you in singles >_> I can't play vs. your Falco as either of my two mains.

Crimson Knights/Falmouth - Vane, good **** on remaining calm through the duration of the tournament. Kais, thanks for letting me play some Chrono Trigger at the end of the tournament, best game evar right there (Melee at a close 2nd >_>) I'm exactly sure if either of you are in CK or not, but Sobou, the only reason you placed low was because of the yellow shirt >_>, and Morgan (no clue what your names on these boards are), had fun after the tourney playing smash.

KDJ's friends - I probably should have played you guys in friendlies, but I never got around to it. Leth, your Peach was great in teams. Aaron, from what I saw, your Falcon was awesome.

Anyone else - You're great. You know who you are. Because I don't.

Top Bottom