• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kholdstare's MYM4 BBQ: 2009 - A Smash Odyssey

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Prologue: Satellite Council

The camera is looking over a panoramic view of Earth, slowly rotating around it, from space. You see the beauty of Earth, with its streaky white clouds, deep blue seas, and multicolored landscapes. The Moon is seen coming from behind the planet, to the left. It appears large from this perspective. The Sun is seen in the far right. A massive metal space station is suddenly seen opposite the moon. It is the Death Star from the Star Wars series.

A tall, shadowy, humanoid figure is seen observing Earth from a porthole. The camera swings from behind it to the front of it, showing [GENERAL GREVIOUS]. "Hmph. Such a beautiful planet. It will be a shame to destroy it. Neo, what is our status?" A short man wearing a white lab coat with a rather large head is sitting at a computer, tuning a small device. He checks a few statistics on the computer in front of him and swivels around in his chair to reveal he is [CORTEX]. "Operating at 85.6% efficiency, General." Grevious smiles evilly, and says, "Hmmm... we will have to do something about that later." He turns around and starts to walk out of the chamber. He turns back around and says to Cortex, "I am going to meet with the Council. Do not disturb me." "Yes sir," Cortex replies, with a hint of steel in his voice. Grevious walks out and the automatic doors slide shut behind him. "Fool," Cortex mutters, and he gets back to work on his device.

"You are late, General." An annoying voice breaks the tension, as General Grevious enters the Council's chamber, which is a circular room with a long, circular table going around a raised platform, at which many figures are sitting. The camera zooms in on the face of [DR. ROBOTNIK], who spoke as the General came in. "Please excuse my absence, I was observing and the time slipped up on me," Grevious replied. "We were discussing how we can go about accomplishing our goal. Even with Cortex and Dexter's innovations, we still cannot power the Death Star enough to use the Master Weapon," a new voice spoke, with a smooth, eloquent voice. The camera swings to show [JAFAR] reclining lazily and stroking his beard. "I believe we may have found a solution to that," Grevious says, smiling. He turns his head, and shouts behind him, "BOY! Get over here!"

A short boy with red hair and a white lab coat comes scampering out of the shadows of the room. It is [DEXTER], holding a long scroll of computer paper with numbers and letters typed all over it. "I insist that you call me 'Dexter, Boy Gen-i-us'."(The dashes represent syllables.). "I will call you whatever I want if you don't move faster," Grevious replies, snatching the paper away with one of his upper hands. Dexter walks back, irritated and muttering under his breath. The General announces to the Council, "We have the possible location of a creature that can fire a self generated laser of collosal damage by itself. With this creature, Phase Alpha of the Master Plan can be accomplished sooner than we think." He hands the paper to Robotnik, and points to a plasma screen behind himself. A large, black, bulbous looking creature with large, white eyes and a wide, red mouth appears on the screen. It is [SHOOP DA WHOOP]."Very well," Jafar says, "We shall initiate Phase One. This better work, General." Grevious smiles, and says, "It will go exactly as planned, then. Nothing can possibly stop us."

"What about Master Hand and Tabuu?" A new Council member has spoken, a dark voice. General Grevious turns to look at [BLACK DOOM]. Grevious smirks, and replies, "Ahh, but you sealed them in the Chamber of Tempest, did you not?" Black Doom sternly looks at him. "That seal is not fail-safe. There are ways for it to be broken. It's happened before," he says. "I assure you, Doom, that the chance of Master Hand being released again are bare minimum, and I will take those chances," the General smoothly replied, trying to hide the fact that he is nervous on the inside. What if Master Hand and Tabuu did escape? Surely he would be the first they would go after. "Very well. You may go," Black Doom says, still skeptical. General Grevious leaves the chamber, and the camera zooms out of the chamber through a porthole, showing the Death Star again and the title of the BBQ in the middle of the screen.

Chapter One: Trouble in Hyrule

The camera zooms in on a young man sitting in a chair. [LINK] stretches and yawns, and says to no one, "Gee, it sure is boring around here." [KING HARKINIAN] comes out of no where, and puts his hand on Link's shoulder. Surprised, Link looks up to the King, who says, "Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for." A man wearing a turban flies into the room on a flying carpet. "Your majesty," he says, "The evil forces of Ganon have captured Princess Zelda." Both the King and Link look shocked. "Oh no! What will we do?" Link replies. The King turns to Link and says, "Link! Go to Ganon's lair and rescue the Zelda." Links says, "Great! I'll grab my stuff!" "There is no time," the man in the turban replies. "I'll go with you," King Harkinian tells Link, "I'll take the Triforce of Courage to protect me."

Level One: Hyrule Field
Objective: Reach the golden door.
Characters: Link, King Harkinian
Stocks: Three
Music: Hyrule Field (Ocarina of Time) - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This is just a "normal" level. You will fight various enemies such as Goombas, Primids, and Stalchilds. There is one "hidden" door that will lead to a room with a golden breakable box and two blue breakable boxes. There are two parts where you have to stop and defeat a horde of normal enemies. This is just a level to help you get the game play down.

The King and Link stop at the top of a hill. They look up, ahead of them, and see a giant, barren castle, as black as coal. It has lightning and thunder storming all around it. "That must be Ganon's Castle," Link says to the King. The King nods solemnly. They set off again.

Level Two: Hyrule Field
Objective: Reach Ganon's Castle.
Music: The Dark World - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

This level is almost exactly like the first one, but it has more pits and no door. The enemies in here are slightly stronger. Just deal with them like before.

Link and the King finally reach Ganon's Castle. They are standing at the base, looking at this gargantuan tower. They enter.

Level Three: Ganon's Castle
Objective: Get to the top of Ganon's Castle.
Music: The extremely chilling Inside Ganon's Castle - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This is a level that's always rising up as you go right. You will fight more powerful enemies, such as Shaydas and those floating knight helmets with swords on their arms. There are no trophys, CDs, or doors in this level. It takes a while to get up Ganon's Tower, at least seven minutes. When you get to the top...

Link and the King are standing at the entrance of a large room. [GANONDORF] is sitting at a pipe organ, playing the ominous music that is heard throughout the castle. [ZELDA] is encased in a large, pink crystal suspended above the room. The massive door behind the King and Link forcefully slams shut, and and Link looks back at it, startled. Ganondorf stops playing the organ and stands up. Ganondorf faces away from Link and Harkinian and says in an aside, "Well, well, well... we have visitors, princess."

A glowing sound is heard growing louder, and Ganondorf's hand glows brightly. The camera zooms in on the back of his right hand, and the Triforce of Power is seen. Link's hand glows as well, showing that he holds the Triforce of Courage (he somehow got it back from the King). Zelda's hand glows finally, for she has the Triforce of Wisdom.

"Finally..." Ganondorf says, "The pieces of the Triforce are resonating. These toys are to much for you!" Ganondorf turns around with a flourish of his cape, and extends his arm in a menacing fashion. "I demand that you give them to me!" he orders Link and the King.

Link shoots back, "No way, Ganon! We will defeat you!" Ganondorf smirks.

"Then you must DIE."

Mini-Boss #1: Ganondorf
Boss HP: 250
Character HP: 200
Stocks: Two
Music: Ganondorf Battle - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This battle takes place in a room with walls and a ceiling, so you will be dealing HP damage. This Ganondorf is exactly like the Brawl Ganondorf. He is a level 4 CPU. Ganondorf is a heavy hitter, but slow, so make use of Link's spacing specials and King's spacing specials.

Ganondorf is kneeling on the ground, clutching his heart. "A good fight... a kid and a king... hehehe...he......he..."

The screen starts to shake, and parts of the ceiling start to fall. Zelda comes up from behind Link and the King. "We saved you from Ganon!" Link shouts to Zelda. "I am so glad you are okay, my daughter," King Harkinian says to Zelda, and embraces her.

She says to them, "Thank you, Link and father, but we must get out of the castle. Ganondorf is trying to bring it down on us!"

"Okay, lets go," The King replies.

Level Four: Ganon's Castle
Objective: Escape Ganon's Castle before it collapses!
Characters: Link, King Harkinian, Zelda
Music: Escape from Ganon's Castle - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This is a reverse of level three, but you are going down and right. There are few enemies here, but not much. The real dangers are falling pieces of ceiling and fire. These rocks can deal upwards of 30%. There are several pits that you can fall into. The screen moves right automatically.

The quarry is outside, and they look back at the castle. It collapses dramatically, leaving one flat space surrounded by debris. "We won!" Link shouts, jumping in the air. He stops his celebrating short, as a massive rumbling is heard. A massive monster rises out of the ruins, looming above them. It is...

//////////

BOSS #1: GANON
HP: 300

Characters: Link, King Harkinian, Zelda
Stocks: Four
Music: Last Battle - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

>>>>>>>>>>Attacks<<<<<<<<<<

Vertical Slash: A generic slice, Ganon brings one of his swords down in front of him. This has good knockback, good range, and deals good damage. You can dodge it by rolling backwards. 20%

Horizontal Slash: Almost exactly like the Vertical Slash, except this is horizontal. The only way to dodge it is to either get away or crouch, as he aims higher up on you. 20%

Power Rush: Ganon runs completely across the stage, and does a Vertical Slash or Horizontal Slash right in front of you, almost always hitting you. Does more knockback and damage, due to his speed and momentum. 25%

//Attacks at 50%

X Slash: Ganon slashes horizontally with both swords. It acts like a scissor. It will do greater knockback and damage than a regular Horizontal Slash, and does diagonal upwards knockback. 35%

Shockwaves: Ganon jumps up and down, creating massive shockwaves. He can create 3-5 shockwaves at a time. This proves very difficult to avoid, and do 12-13% each. If you get caught by them, there is a one in fifty chance that it will have a Piplup effect and carry you off the stage. They deal high knockback. 12-13% per second

After Ganon is defeated, he reverts back to Ganondorf. He stands up uneasily, clutching his chest. He points at the group, and he shouts, "Darkness... will... RULE!" A ball of darkness forms in his hand and everyone screams as it engulfs the screen. Ganondorf is faintly heard laughing maniacly...

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
It's looking good so far. Surprisingly (for an SSE I've seen so far) the dialogue feels in-character, and the descriptions pace themselves just right.

Looking forward to the first chapter.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
It's looking good so far. Surprisingly (for an SSE I've seen so far) the dialogue feels in-character, and the descriptions pace themselves just right.

Looking forward to the first chapter.
Nice prolouge. Sounds like a psuedo-sequal to the Brawl SSE.
:D Thanks so much you guys, I am looking forward to writing this. I'm gonna have fun with this thang.:wolf:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I really like your writing style and your excellent characterization of the characters. . .This all flows very smoothly and doesn't lose it's serious tone due to awkwardly written dialogue. I'm defenitely looking forward to this one.

I assume Tiny will show up along with Cortex though eventually? I wouldn't of said anything i not for Cortex getting his own name banner.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I really like your writing style and your excellent characterization of the characters. . .This all flows very smoothly and doesn't lose it's serious tone due to awkwardly written dialogue. I'm defenitely looking forward to this one.

I assume Tiny will show up along with Cortex though eventually? I wouldn't of said anything i not for Cortex getting his own name banner.
Thanks for the compliment! Yeah, Tiny will show up in probably the second chapter. He will be doing something for Cortex on Earth...

D

Deleted member

Cool, I was thinking of doing something similar to your race in mine, just with Captain Falcon and Metal Sonic replacing Wario.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Looks really cool so far, Kholdstare. Even though Guntz is no womanizer. He actually has no romantic interest in whomever. XP

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
"Kholdstare Chapter 1 said:
*Insert epicness here*
I like how you're updating this in small portions rather then full blown chapters, lets us read along more and creates more anticipation. I liked most of the characters' characterization, although admiteddly Mach Rider and Guntz should've probably switched roles. How is Captain Falcon missing out on the action though? Or is he the champion that the winner races?:chuckle:

Looks really cool so far, Kholdstare. Even though Guntz is no womanizer. He actually has no romantic interest in whomever. XP
Well. . .Just considering your. . .Stance on things like that, did he ever get much of a chance to do any of that? Much less anything implying that he swings that way. . .

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well. . .Just considering your. . .Stance on things like that, did he ever get much of a chance to do any of that? Much less anything implying that he swings that way. . .
Look, just because I like to imagine scenarios like that it doesn't mean that I insist on him swinging that way.

To answer your question: No, he didn't have much of a chance, because Lolo is the only girl Guntz met during the games and obviously interested in Klonoa. The other girls never met up with Guntz. However, knowing Guntz very well, I know that he is NOT interested in relationships. The onlyone he does deeply care for is Klonoa. That of course activates a lot of speculation, but it's nothing blatantly shown.

He is a loner. He doesn't want to impress girls or boys or whatever, the only thing he strives for is being the best. The part with Mach Rider was good and in character, but not the one with the girl. :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Gah. . .Sorry. Should've just kept my mouth shut. I haven't played any of the games and basically only know Guntz or anyone from the series off of knoweledge you've given me through your moveset.

By switching, I did mean that Mach Rider should be the one show boating to girls. . .That fits his character like a glove. While with Guntz it has some controversy.

To stay on topic: Can't tell you how much I'm anticipating you going along with this. Your writing style is just so. . .Detailed and professional. It's like reading an actual book.

I included two of your future movesets in my most recent SSE installment if you're interested. Sir Aaron and Shadow Beast.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
:O He looks like he would be... I haven't played the Klonoa games so... thanks!

I like how you're updating this in small portions rather then full blown chapters, lets us read along more and creates more anticipation. I liked most of the characters' characterization, although admiteddly Mach Rider and Guntz should've probably switched roles. How is Captain Falcon missing out on the action though? Or is he the champion that the winner races?:chuckle:
Yeah, I don't know much about either of them though :p

Yes, he's going to do exactly that. You must have read my mind.

Look, just because I like to imagine scenarios like that it doesn't mean that I insist on him swinging that way.

To answer your question: No, he didn't have much of a chance, because Lolo is the only girl Guntz met during the games and obviously interested in Klonoa. The other girls never met up with Guntz. However, knowing Guntz very well, I know that he is NOT interested in relationships. The onlyone he does deeply care for is Klonoa. That of course activates a lot of speculation, but it's nothing blatantly shown.

He is a loner. He doesn't want to impress girls or boys or whatever, the only thing he strives for is being the best. The part with Mach Rider was good and in character, but not the one with the girl. :p
Okay, I guess I need to think more about characterization.

Gah. . .Sorry. Should've just kept my mouth shut. I haven't played any of the games and basically only know Guntz or anyone from the series off of knoweledge you've given me through your moveset.

By switching, I did mean that Mach Rider should be the one show boating to girls. . .That fits his character like a glove. While with Guntz it has some controversy.

To stay on topic: Can't tell you how much I'm anticipating you going along with this. Your writing style is just so. . .Detailed and professional. It's like reading an actual book.

I included two of your future movesets in my most recent SSE installment if you're interested. Sir Aaron and Shadow Beast.
Wootwoot thank you!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm really liking the unique gameplay for the start, but. . .There's just one thing that really makes me raise my eyebrow.

Wheelie had no introduction in the previous cutscene before the first level while Wario did, yet Wheelie is a playable option and Wario isn't. What happened there?

Otherwise, solid gold. Didn't think I'd actually guess right with the good captain being the champ, although I did wonder why he wasn't there. This role is all the more suited for the god of manliness.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I'm really liking the unique gameplay for the start, but. . .There's just one thing that really makes me raise my eyebrow.

Wheelie had no introduction in the previous cutscene before the first level while Wario did, yet Wheelie is a playable option and Wario isn't. What happened there?

Otherwise, solid gold. Didn't think I'd actually guess right with the good captain being the champ, although I did wonder why he wasn't there. This role is all the more suited for the god of manliness.
Thanks, I might go back and put an intro for him.

Wario not being playable is going to be important.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
pretty good but, bike race/battle that involves a non-playable captain falcon featuring guntz, mach rider, and wario was MY IDEA! kudos for using wheelie, though.
What?! I thought of this in my head... do I have ESP? Thanks for the compliment.

D

Deleted member

Nice first chapter. Short, but sweet. Or is it not done yet?

Smady

Smash Master
Very good. You have a way with the dialogue, but it is somewhat ruined by the lack of spacing. A new speaker = new line of text, it looks messy as is. Still, enjoyable and graciously-written: the inclusion of Shoop Da Whoop was classic.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Very good. You have a way with the dialogue, but it is somewhat ruined by the lack of spacing. A new speaker = new line of text, it looks messy as is. Still, enjoyable and graciously-written: the inclusion of Shoop Da Whoop was classic.
LOL, thanks. I've never been really good with paragraphs or line breaks. :dizzy:

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Wait, where the heck did the original chapter go? I must be blind, because I can't find a link to it anywhere. Y'know, the one with Mach Rider, Captain Falcon and them?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Wait, where the heck did the original chapter go? I must be blind, because I can't find a link to it anywhere. Y'know, the one with Mach Rider, Captain Falcon and them?
I decided to put in a different chapter. I will use that for a later installment.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks.

Including than the comical reference to you-know-what at the start, I quite appreciate this chapter's tone and design. By the way, those floating knights with arms are Armights, if I recall correctly.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I think the old chapter was a lot better then the new one, although you're still gonna use that later anyway. It would've been better if you directly quoted the Zelda chars, but what you have is still good. Just would be nice if the levels were a bit less generic.

I can't wait to see how you CDI-fy Zelda and Ganondorf.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Ah, thanks.

Including than the comical reference to you-know-what at the start, I quite appreciate this chapter's tone and design. By the way, those floating knights with arms are Armights, if I recall correctly.
:O Thanks. Those things were SO irritating in SSE.
I think the old chapter was a lot better then the new one, although you're still gonna use that later anyway. It would've been better if you directly quoted the Zelda chars, but what you have is still good. Just would be nice if the levels were a bit less generic.

I can't wait to see how you CDI-fy Zelda and Ganondorf.
The detail nazi speaks! I got frustrated that something happened to the Wheelie intro, so I decided to give this chapter a different feel. I meant for the levels to be generic, since it's the first three levels of the game. I'll add more later... it's 1 the morning... meh...

Top Bottom