• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It was only once though, I've gotten over the scare.

But I'm still getting freaked out at some point, so stopped playing the game. Rofl.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
You want creepy? Go play Amnesia.

I played it over spring break, while everyone else was not home. Many a brick was sh@t.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I can't stand commentary on walk through videos. People just can never shut up at certain points or if a level has a BGM you really want to listen too, the idiot tries humming to the song...seriously?!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Amnesia was creepy. I have yet to finish Bioshock cause it scares me so much but I played Amnesia just fine... Weird.

Fatal Frame. That game scared me like no other... And the only way I could get through Dead Space was with alcohol... But that series (graphic novel, movies, and games) has got something good going for it. Like Silent Hill used to.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I think the Exploders are what can be scary at times. Bad thing was to have headphones on listening to music and because of that I can't hear their screams so you don't think I didn't get hit by their "Kthxbai" slap attack that kills me. XD

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I can't stand commentary on walk through videos. People just can never shut up at certain points or if a level has a BGM you really want to listen too, the idiot tries humming to the song...seriously?!
I watch the media cows, since they're the least of my problems.
They never talk in walkthroughs.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
You want creepy? Go play Amnesia.

I played it over spring break, while everyone else was not home. Many a brick was sh@t.
I must not be seeing the good parts of the game. I tried to sit through a walk-through of that, all it was for a full freaking hour was somebody walking through a dark deserted place with occasional monster sounds somewhere in the distance or just there. I never saw one monster, creature of the dark, or any other living being. But then of course everytime i see a screenshot from the game there's like these uberfreaky monsters everywhere that are always chasing you. I guess i'm like, missing all the good parts in that game.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It sucks not getting scared from horror games because you miss out on all the best parts. T_T
The only horror games I've liked so far have been Resident Evil 4 and Eternal Darkness (oh, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors). They weren't scary, but I found them fun to play and well designed.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
When I said Gears looked like a more cinematic CoD, I meant it in the sense that CoD is essentially a war-based action movie, Gears is the re-release by Micheal Bay.

Though you seem to make it sound rather interesting. The one kid in my Scout troop and his brother were singing its praises back when GoW3 came out. I might give it a try.

I also try to avoid watching or reading anything Amnesia (the game, obv. :012:) related because once I get a new computer, I want to play something that really scares me.

Few things bother me as much as people who consider "fear" and "surprise" to be synonymous. Nearly every "horror" movie/game gets its "scare" quota filled by having something thrown in front of the viewer suddenly and without warning, just to make them jump. At that point, it doesn't matter whether or not the thing in question is a re-animated demon corpse or the Annoying Orange, because that's not actually fear you're feeling.

Horror books tend to get it right, they have to use presence and atmosphere to scare the reader, the way it ought to be.

</rant>

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I've honestly never played any horror games.

I'm not too scared to try them ( though I'm sure Amnesia and other games would probably get me to pee myself or something) it's just, I've never understood the point of being scared for entertainment. Lavender Town's theme was enough creepy for me. I really don't get why anyone would watch something horror related unless it was like, really epic or had fantastic monsters or other creatures.

That's just me :I

:phone:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace

Arianna Grande up in hurr!!!

She won my heart when she started singing epic stuff like Billy Joel instead of the crappy current pop songs like the rest of the Disney/Nickelodeon scum.

She's definitely alright in my book. Not too bad to look at either. (except for that picture...not sure why it's so bad.)

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I have no idea what any of you are talking about. My TV connects to the cable through channel 3, which you need the remote to manually input '3'. Combine that with making sure the CSP box doesn't come unplugged, and that's way too much effort when I already have a computer, Xbox Wii, and DS, all with internet.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep I am in FL alright. Had to replace my phone cuz i left mine in one of my flight's layovers. Hell yeah. Still same number though.

Aaaaanyeay, I'll let you know tomorrow what's up, Vinyl. I still have to find out what my limits are, but so far it's looking fantastic, and looking like I'll be able to make every single smashfest you guys do (as long as someone picks me up at the base's gate or something :'().

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yep I am in FL alright. Had to replace my phone cuz i left mine in one of my flight's layovers. Hell yeah. Still same number though.

Aaaaanyeay, I'll let you know tomorrow what's up, Vinyl. I still have to find out what my limits are, but so far it's looking fantastic, and looking like I'll be able to make every single smashfest you guys do (as long as someone picks me up at the base's gate or something :'().
It's good you made it to Florida safe and sound! =)

Wumbo105

Smash Ace

I'm not exactly sure where you're stayin, but I'm shootin for the next smashfest to be next Tuesday, which is April 3rd. I could move it around to another day, but apparently Tuesdays work pretty well with everyone around here.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
SSZ7, not completely, I lost my cellphone in one of the flights. I already replaced it though, but man, extra money for no reason... :(

Wumbo, tuesday's an odd day though... Don't people have schools and stuff? I know I'll be going to school on tuesdays. And I'm staying in the Naval Air Station.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There are smashfests that happen around my area during the week, regardless of school. Probably because a lot of jobs insist on making their employees work weekends. Time for recreation seems to be getting squeezed out of everyone in America over the last few decades. :<

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
SSZ7, not completely, I lost my cellphone in one of the flights. I already replaced it though, but man, extra money for no reason... :(

Wumbo, tuesday's an odd day though... Don't people have schools and stuff? I know I'll be going to school on tuesdays. And I'm staying in the Naval Air Station.
Dang, sorry to hear that. I'm paranoid with my stuff when I'm on travel. Making sure I have everything on me.

Well, I got my Japanese Wii and Japanese Version Smash working just fine. Seems smoother compared to NTSC. I like the Japanese voices on the characters better though I'd still keep Snake's english voice.

Top Bottom