• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I live in Arkansas, all we have is a small melee scene that bashes anyone who plays brawl.
That's probably why the scene for both games is hurting. I make sure to promote all three Smash games and let everyone play whichever one they find most enjoyable.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I live in Arkansas, all we have is a small melee scene that bashes anyone who plays brawl.
While Minnesota's scene is decent, we pretty much have the same here. There are quite a few Melee people just bash Brawl all the time. I do think it hurts the whole smash community (64, Melee, Brawl) a lot. People don't seem to realize it though.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
i wish i lived in a state that actually had a brawl scene so maybe there could be smashfests or tournaments or something,

I bet I could beat 'em all with melee Samus, then destroy them with Brawl Kirby/ZSS. :smirk::smirk::smirk::awesome:

... unless they actually know what they're doing. I mean, my Samus is no pushover, but hardcore tourney-winning pros still beat me much more than I beat them. :/

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
i honestly don't play Melee competitively because i suck at it so bad, but i REALLY want to get into the Melee scene.

I don't keep up with who's a pro in Melee, so i wouldn't know if we had any pros =/.

Less Smash scenes, more Kirby.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
i honestly don't play Melee competitively because i suck at it so bad, but i REALLY want to get into the Melee scene.
Start playing. You're not getting any better by thinking about playing!

Also, that pic is creepy as ****. =X

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
While Minnesota's scene is decent, we pretty much have the same here. There are quite a few Melee people just bash Brawl all the time.
The only reason people attack others is because of fear. This is true in all instances whether it be insulting someone, physical attacks, or aggressively declaring war. If the Melee players are attacking Brawl players, I would say it's probably because they fear that their preferred game will get ignored.

We have to realize that we're all part of the Smash community - the games may be different but the players are all the same. We need to be supportive of everyone as a whole so that we get the same support in return.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Start playing. You're not getting any better by thinking about playing!

Also, that pic is creepy as ****. =X
i know, i know. I still try every so often. What i really need to do is get active in the Melee scene.I tried entering a Melee tournament once tho, all i did was make a fool of myself.

You know Sech, you could always make a smash scene at your location.

That's what creats more smash scenes widespread.
that's hard when you're still a minor.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I tried to build a brawl scene where i live, BUT ALL OF THE ******* PEOPLE THERE ONLY PLAY MAGIC, YU-GI-OH, D&D AND OTHER DUMB ****. I LITERALLY TRIED TO DO SOME SMASH SESSIONS WITH MY BUDS TODAY, BUT THEY WERE DOING STUPID DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!! I SWEAR THAT ******* KILLS ME EVERYTIME!!! I WANNA MOVE OUTTA THIS DUMB **** CITY OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Angry rant aside, the only place where i live that has sort of a smash scene is Radford and Virginia Tech, but theyre like mainly Melee players, with a few 64 smashers, and I think some Brawl players too. Ugh, I dont even know what to do anymore :c

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I kinda did. I lived in South Florida until 2010, and i had to decide what college i wanted to enroll in.
I decided on UCF in Orlando, and while i liked it because of their IT program, a part of why i chose it is because i heard and saw that the Orlando smash scene was huge.

Not that SFL doesn't have a scene, its just not as comparable.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I tried to build a brawl scene where i live, BUT ALL OF THE ******* PEOPLE THERE ONLY PLAY MAGIC, YU-GI-OH, D&D AND OTHER DUMB ****. I LITERALLY TRIED TO DO SOME SMASH SESSIONS WITH MY BUDS TODAY, BUT THEY WERE DOING STUPID DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!! I SWEAR THAT ******* KILLS ME EVERYTIME!!! I WANNA MOVE OUTTA THIS DUMB **** CITY OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Angry rant aside, the only place where i live that has sort of a smash scene is Radford and Virginia Tech, but theyre like mainly Melee players, with a few 64 smashers, and I think some Brawl players too. Ugh, I dont even know what to do anymore :c
I don't know if this is allowed, but you can just tell them to go on smashboards.
Might give them a change of thought.

Triple R

Smash Lord
If there was a game that was hurting the smash scene I feel like League of Legends is that game. At least it seems to be the game bored smashers play a lot.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Bah League of Legends doesnt hurt Smash at all. It's just a game that many smashers share interest for, including me.
Besides, u gotta play more than one game...i mean, who the hell just plays smash their entire lives and nothing else?

If any game has any negative impact on smash, its our rival fighters, such as Marvel and SSF4 and such. We usually share venues with them, and they always try to belittle us as a whole. There's definitely more friction there than anywhere else.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's games that are competitive that hurt the smash scene. My bad.
I keep forgetting that there are MLG stuff about it.

But yeah, I don't really play just brawl. It defeats the purpose of being a full time gamer.
I mostly play mario kart and stuff.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I got a xbox 360 around new years eve, because i REALLY wanted to play marvel, as well as have another console to play on.

I even picked up MW3 and Halo Reach(downloadable version), but COD sucks and I no longer have ANY interest in halo........... so yeah......... stopped playing them both.

The i realized that i really didnt want an xbox, and that i wasted a crapload on money on it. I think I'll just stick to my nintendo roots. I actually enjoy playing those games

The only Game that i ever play on that console now is Naruto: Ninja Storm Generations; at least until i get street fighter x tekken.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
If any game has any negative impact on smash, its our rival fighters, such as Marvel and SSF4 and such. We usually share venues with them, and they always try to belittle us as a whole. There's definitely more friction there than anywhere else.

UGH, THISSSSSSSSS.

i said we have a small Melee scene. Other than those five to ten people, there's about 90 people in the fighting game scene who dedicate their lives to Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Marvel, Tekken, and Blazblue. They all look at smash like it's crap and say it's crap. It can be pretty annoying =/

QUOTE=Twinkie;14250392]Gears of War is a real man's game, and it's a shame you don't have it as a part of your lineup.[/QUOTE]

I've always wanted to play that, but never got it. Forgive me for asking, but is it for 360 or just PS3?

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Never tried Gears, seems like a more cinematic CoD. I do play a bit of Halo on the Xbox, some Starcraft 2 on the lappy, and obviously Smash on the Wii. I play a variety of single-player games, thought that topic's been discussed to death, so unless you're into necrophilia...

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I -love- Gears. Mass Effect 3 is where my life has been recently... >.>

But there will always be a special place in my heart for Left 4 Dead. :D

Top Bottom