• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keys Zelda Vid

goodkid

Smash Lord
Nice vids, I would not use farore's wind so much during actual combat, because it is easily punished if your opponent predicts where you will go. I know its for mindgames, but its not too good during the match.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
Constructive criticism: I think you're style is a little too top heavy. Don't always do special moves or smashes. Her tilts and jab and throws all have their place and uses in her strategy. Just a thought.

Keys

Smash Cadet
When I get the rest of my vids up you will see a lot better play style. That was more of an experiment match because that guys marth is ridiculously good and I had struggled with him in a earlier match a few days ago. Also against marth you have to keep your space and bait him into your attacks. Because of his speed there just isn't much time for tilts. I figured before I started posting the vids of me on fire I'd post the vids of me making all my mistakes and struggling get thoughts from some of you others =p

Luthien

Smash Ace
When I get the rest of my vids up you will see a lot better play style. That was more of an experiment match because that guys marth is ridiculously good and I had struggled with him in a earlier match a few days ago. Also against marth you have to keep your space and bait him into your attacks. Because of his speed there just isn't much time for tilts. I figured before I started posting the vids of me on fire I'd post the vids of me making all my mistakes and struggling get thoughts from some of you others =p
Definitely. I tried posting something like that in an edited post, but Smashboards was being itself, it seems...

Anyway, I for one think that was a fine match. I understand why you would resort to the disjointed hitbox of Zelda's fsmash to outrange Marth, or at least fight fire with fire. Also, the tilts do come out slow, exept for downtilt, which doesn't have enough range. Now for some hints/constructive criticism.

Please, PLEASE grab. PLEASE. That Marth had his shield up for at least two seconds before you ROLLED.

Farore's wind: not your greatest weakness. Well, right now it is, but fix that. You seem to think that you can only go two distances on the ground (straight down, or to the side), when Zelda can go 5. There are times you could have nailed that Marth with a teleport, but flew right past him. Press diagonally down to teleport less distance. I wanna see you kill him with this move later; learn to control it. Oh, and the amount you were using it was okay.

Dins Fire: SPACE. Almost every time you could have tricked that Marth into airdodgeing straight into a Usmash, if you had jumped forward before casting the spell. Also, you ought to consider retreating with the move as well; it buys you some time, and if you miss, it gives you a second chance to try something different.

GRAB. I'm gonna mention it again, because it bugged me that much.

Downsmash: use it. If it's speed you're looking for, this is your move. It ***** his vertical recovery with the angle it sends him flying. You'll find this to be a common KO move.

GRAB.

That's about it. Also, post the rest of your videos in the Zelda Video thread please. We only need one of those, and with Brawl's growing popularity, we don't need two dozen "Rate my Zelda" threads flooding the forum.

S2

Smash Lord
Always keep in mind that you never have to be offensive against Marth.

He's got no projectiles, so Din's fire spam him until he gets too close that its not safe anymore.

People tend to make a lot of mistakes when they get projectile spammed. They are so afraid of taking the damage that they walk stupidly into attacks.

~preCurser

Smash Cadet
I'm not trying to be an rude or anything, but that Marth was not good. A good Marth would have punished you for trying to use Farore's to return to stage (at least when you are above the stage). With a good Marth, I can get the starting animation for Farore's, but it will rarely finish and usually ends up with a death (this is for returning from above, not when level or below). Anyways, just something to watch out for that has already been pointed out.

Grabs, someone already said 3 times. And I'll say it again, because I don't think you grabbed once.

Also at low percentages, follow U-smash with u-tilt. Tilts are still very useful vs Marth even with his range. I mostly use the dtilt to keep my range (which is useless for Marth), but it is also one of your fastest attacks and it can easily be followed with a ftilt which puts them above your head...exactly where you want them to be (uair, usmash, ect ect ect).

Still, the mindgames with Farore's was interesting to see, haven't seen someone do that since melee.

Drezel

Smash Cadet
hey u should play me sometime so you can grace youtube with my amazing wario :chuckle:

seriously i have a sick wario

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
I agree with everybody here. You could stand to grab/shield grab more often and it's hard to incorporate tilts into this Marth match but work on it. I really like how you play Zelda though. Zelda has been my fav since SSBM and I keep trying to improve.

Top Bottom