• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kev!'s new vids

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
A few games from the last time my friend Dom and I played. He's really ****ing good. I won a few games, he destroyed me the rest of the time. We now play about 6 hours a week together and seriously - the Luigi/Snake matchup ISN'T in Luigi's favor.

Game 1 - Kev!(Luigi) vs Dom(Snake) @ Battlefield

Game 2 - Kev!(Luigi) vs Dom(Snake) @ Smashville

Game 3 - Kev!(Luigi) vs Dom(Snake) @ Smashville

We both were playing at a decent level, in my opinion, on game one. Game three was probably my best one. I decided to go ape****-aggressive on Dom, to see what effect it wouold have on the outcome. It was lulzy.

Oh and ignore game two lol. XD

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. It's always nice to hear that =D

I've played this matchup a lot and Dom is a really good Snake, he's played Ally a few times and their games are real close and intense lol.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol before I used to think the matchup was dead 5/5 but after playing so much and reading and looking for every possible opening, I can def say it's 45:55 snake or possibly 4/6 Snake honestly -_-.

From what I noticed, it's a HIGHLY based momentum match. But Snake does alot better regaining his momentum and taking it in his favor compared to vice versa. Espically if he lands a Ftilt it's back to square 1. Every ftilt he does, just leads up to a utilt like 90%s >_>

Well I learnt something about your luigi, lol you can ledgedrop to tornado back to stage. Usually I would just ledgedrop and rising the tornado to the ceiling as much as possible since i can't find a safer way to get back on stage safely other then ledgedrop dair/fair to tornado.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Lol before I used to think the matchup was dead 5/5 but after playing so much and reading and looking for every possible opening, I can def say it's 45:55 snake or possibly 4/6 Snake honestly -_-.

From what I noticed, it's a HIGHLY based momentum match. But Snake does alot better regaining his momentum and taking it in his favor compared to vice versa. Espically if he lands a Ftilt it's back to square 1. Every ftilt he does, just leads up to a utilt like 90%s >_>

Well I learnt something about your luigi, lol you can ledgedrop to tornado back to stage. Usually I would just ledgedrop and rising the tornado to the ceiling as much as possible since i can't find a safer way to get back on stage safely other then ledgedrop dair/fair to tornado.

Yeah, you read my mind. I think it's 60-40 Snake's advantage. The momentm is AWLAYS Snakes until you land a grab or Nair (Or whatever will pop him off the ground) and from there, all he needs to do is get his heavy *** back on the floor to regain it.

The ledge hop tornado thing probably won't work for long. Luigi's ledge options vs Snake are garbage and I have to mix them up a lot. That one in particular, I started using that exact play session with Dom and after checking out the vids again, I can see he's not used to dealing with it. YET.

What Snake can do to punish our ****ty ledge options:
These are the safer, yet easier to punish options IMO
"Get up" attack > Ftilt, Utilt if spaced, otherwise ShieldGrab
Jump + Aerial > ANYtilt, ShieldGrab, Nair
Jump + AirDodge away> Ftilt, Grab, Jab
Jump + AirDodge into him > Almost alway a grab, sometimes Ftilt or Nair
Roll > Don't even think about it. Ftilt.
These I find to be more effective, but you use your second jump after the ledgedrop so if punished, you better be ready to tornado mash like Boss
Ledge Drop + Aerial > QUIT IT with the aerials! Don't you see he has a shield and an A button?! ShieldGrab, Utilt OoS, Ftilt
Ledge Drop + Airdodge > GRAB, Utilt, Ftilt, Jab
Ledge Drop + Nado > Not quite sure yet, possible a well-time shield grab or Utilt/Ftilt OoS

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
The only safest ledge option is fireball basically. It highly depends on the placement of his booby traps really. Relatively, he can pretty much cover the middle top plat to right platform on BF when your on the ledge making it gayer than ever. But on the ledge it's matter of out thinking them. But he can really limit your options I hate it lol.

imo snake's walking to shield and/or ps is so broken against us lmfao.

edit: oh yeah, you have good use of pink luigi. better than zhao <3

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
The only safest ledge option is fireball basically. It highly depends on the placement of his booby traps really. Relatively, he can pretty much cover the middle top plat to right platform on BF when your on the ledge making it gayer than ever. But on the ledge it's matter of out thinking them. But he can really limit your options I hate it lol.

imo snake's walking to shield and/or ps is so broken against us lmfao.

edit: oh yeah, you have good use of pink luigi. better than zhao <3
So true...

Thanks, I like to pimp it up when I brawl =D

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Awesome, really like your Luigi, have to point out a specific facts:

• Learn to 'nado without using your jump, it will open up some nice windows for you to safely recover.
  • Liked your use of getting on ledge with 'nado to get back on stage. Have to stress out that in my experience using said tech, you have to be really sure you'll nail it cause if not you could get punished easily if they see it coming.
  • While recovering high has its advantages, you could get punished by that as well if you have used up your jump and can only DI away /spam dodges so mix it up a little.

Overall really liked your gameplay, (I hope I could do as well with my Luigi lol).

^teh green text? opinions? re-use or not?!

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, really like your Luigi, have to point out a specific facts:

• Learn to 'nado without using your jump, it will open up some nice windows for you to safely recover.
  • Liked your use of getting on ledge with 'nado to get back on stage. Have to stress out that in my experience using said tech, you have to be really sure you'll nail it cause if not you could get punished easily if they see it coming.
  • While recovering high has its advantages, you could get punished by that as well if you have used up your jump and can only DI away /spam dodges so mix it up a little.

Overall really liked your gameplay, (I hope I could do as well with my Luigi lol).

^teh green text? opinions? re-use or not?!

Green text is sweet, especially if you play green Luigi.

I tried the "Non Momentum-Based Rising Tornado" - let's just call it NMBRT, for now :laugh: and frankly, I suck at it lol. You have to mash B so fast, as opposed to lazily pressing B 4-5 times like the momentum-based one lol. But I always thought it would be worth learning... Watching some of Boss's vids only confirms this.

I guess I'll go find a copy of Mario Party (the game he got used to button mashing on)

P.S. And thanks to all for the compliments on my Weegee... It's hearing stuff like this that makes me want to improve even more. There's a tournament coming up here, in Montreal. I'll post vids as soon as they're available (I team with Dom, the Snake player from those vids :p)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol man lazy tornado mashing > so much work button finger mashing tornado all dai lmfaooo xD!!!

but seriously i can't even do jumpless rising cyclone (idk if I got the correct term, elh get at me lol) I can't button mash for my life. Usually my tornados would just stall all in one place and not rise or fall. But at the very best, I can make it like 1/4 rise. Alot or majority luigi's i see now can do it with ease ugh lol.

oh yeah another thing I liked was your dtilting. Haven't seen that in a very long time. There were a few times where you had him after you dtilt'd tho

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
lol man lazy tornado mashing > so much work button finger mashing tornado all dai lmfaooo xD!!!

but seriously i can't even do jumpless rising cyclone (idk if I got the correct term, elh get at me lol) I can't button mash for my life. Usually my tornados would just stall all in one place and not rise or fall. But at the very best, I can make it like 1/4 rise. Alot or majority luigi's i see now can do it with ease ugh lol.

oh yeah another thing I liked was your dtilting. Haven't seen that in a very long time. There were a few times where you had him after you dtilt'd tho
Ah yea thanks for pointing that out hippie, dtilt was unexpected but a good addition nevertheless, I tend to not use it as much as you do but you seem to have it's range down correctly, just work on following up when they trip lol.

BTW, Luigi's in PR are so bad it's not even funny, with just one hand I can name the good one's, have to start giving him some rep...

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
I just really loved the ending to the last match. I have never seen a down b kill before :p

@hippiedude92
The mashing is something really hard. I remember how hard I worked just try rise a bit with melee luigi and I found it impossible. One thing that worked for me was getting rubber bands between my fingers and clenching and releaseing the rubber bands. It strengthened the muscles in my hands and I was able to press buttons a lot faster. Another trick I learned was to put the controller on your knee. You vibrate your knee up and down while mashing b. This effectively doubles your mashing speed.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Holy **** LOL. But that video makes it look like your asking to buy a new GC controller... I already broke 10 controllers... I can't afford more with my buttons jamming.. but yeah thanks for tips .

@ slash i'll try the knee tech lol.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
lol missfire kill on match 3 -MINDGAMES SON!

amazing luigi

I actually didn't mean to do that, but once I started loading it, I decided I might as well try to bait a spotdodge, since he was already shielding lol. Thanks anyway.

I just really loved the ending to the last match. I have never seen a down b kill before :p [...]

Rarely works, but **** does it ever look cool when it does :p I like to use this on Rainbow Cruise and low-ceiling stages.

[video]

PS. You could also work this technique into foreplay with your girlfriend. Yet another way Luigi will enhance your life.
That's interesting. I'll have to give it a try.

And LOL @ the girlfriend thing >_<

Top Bottom