• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

Sliq

Smash Master
Everyone should be there. If you don't come, you are a communist and I hate you.

Echo

Smash Champion
I wanna play Souroush again... :(
maybe i'll have to hit up kentucky some time.

I guess I could give Jiano some love, too :)

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Your at UK? Cool, I went to Transy last year and I still have some friends there that would love to play. I could probably get at least three guys to a Lexington Smashfest, maybe more.

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
no smashfest at UofL tonight, apparently there's some big football game that some ppl are gonna watch where we usually smash. and i'm hella-busy with school anyway.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Come on guys, where did all the Ky. players go. I talked to some friends and we are definately up for Lexington smash. My friends back at Transy can go basically anytime, but I'm limited to Sunday's and maybe Fridays/Saturdays, but only in the mornings.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oh, silly kids with your sarcasm. some people are making the 17ish hour long drive from florida, so as long as there are crazy cool people like that, you'll never know who else was come. i was just extending the invitation.

take it easy, guys :)

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
So, I don't know how many of you guys are in school or whatever, but I'm in college and Thanksgiving break is coming up. Is anyone planning on having some smash over break?

M

Mithril92

Hey guys,im new to the forum,and looking for people to play against.I'm not very good,but it would be great to play against some people who are better than me,to help me learn.I live in Morehead Ky,about an hour away from Lexington,next the Morehead University Campus,so just pm me,or contact me on msn or aim(not on much though) and we can try to get together and play :). msn - mithril_92@hotmail.com aim - phantomcrash79

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I live in Grayson, which is like half an hour from Morehead, so I can play you pretty much any time. I also have some friends there that I could recommend you to, so you could play them as often as you like probably.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
im all for a smashfest at some point over this thanksgiving break... but i would prefer not to have it at my place.

so does anyone want to pick a date that they can have people come over? gorgz? dante? cheezyp? some new guy?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'd like to. I can try to get ahold of some people and get a group together. Of course being the holidays and all I'm sure some people will be busy, but we can try to work it out. My schedules open most of Thanksgiving day, and I work night shift at work on the other days so if we do it a little early(like noon-ish), I could make it on any other day. Where do you think we could have it?

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
Anyone near me that i can get a ride to i will try and come but i usally dont have a ride... :( but we will see otherwise please try to get one going in the break because this is my main time to play.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
i got two tests and a big homework due on thursday. the last test goes until 8 o clock. Then i have a spanish presentation friday morning which i havent started on... so i will be doing that thursday nite.

so, since i am the one who basically sets up these thursday nite smashfests and i wont be there, its pretty much canceled.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
jiano bailing on a tourney? wtf.

so, there should be a massive holiday smash-and-getting-smashed-fest.

and give me back my TV daywalker-san.

edit:
poo-jye should come too... and we should do it somewhere larger than my place.

Sliq

Smash Master
What? CoK is going to Ashley's smashfest? Dammit. Why is it that I hold it and they don't show, and Ashley holds it and they do? Sadface. I won't be there anyways because I'm going to see my folks.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I agree, we need a big holiday tourney. I haven't been able to make it to any of the ones so far cause school's been terrible. But if we can get something over break I'd be glad to come.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
what about a smashfest early in the new year?

but again, i dont really wanna hold it at my place cause its so small. it would be kickass if we could find a larger location to have this smashfest.

Sliq

Smash Master
I see...but I thought only a few guys from Cok were going to the columbus tournament.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
smasfest for the new year

so a new semester is upon us.

im still down for having smashfests every thursday nite... and hopefully i will actually be working at the lab this semester so we can stay later than 11. i guess we will evaluate this option further once school actually starts.

in the meantime... smashfest anyone?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I really need some Smash, I haven't had anyone to play this whole break. I may be able to start hosting games in Morehead. I still live in Grayson but I have some friends that just got a place in Morehead, and they invited me to move in with them. If I do then I can start playing you guys alot more since I'll be closer, and I would like to start hosting some stuff in Morehead. Even if I don't move in there I can still probably have games there every couple of weeks or so since it isn't really all that far of a trip. Let me know if anyone is interested.

SoTRichard

Smash Rookie
hey guys, im from KY and i have about 5 friends who play a lot like myself... were from the frankfort and georgetown area... if any tourneys happen we'd definitely be up for it

balladechina212

Smash Ace
We have a crew of five people in Charleston, WV and we would be willing to travel as far as Lexington for tournaments because we have none near us. Highandmightyjoe, if you start hosting games in Morehead, we may be able to attend because that's near the WV border. If anyone else hosts any tournaments near WV, please inform me.

Top Bottom