• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 (feat. 700 Stages, Retro Mode, cBliss & more!) [22/01/2016]

alantrhinox

Smash Rookie
can anybody tell me how to run this on my wii without using the original copy of SMBB? IDO have it but my wii laser is broken and all i can do is run the game from a external hard drive disk u.u is there anyway to do it? :(

p.s im able to run the project m 3.6b without the SSBB game, just using the sd card and the HDD but i can't run it with THIS(
Kapedani's 3.6B Build) mod :( HELP pleaseee

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I'm using this on a wii u with a classic controller. Everything works great, but none of the stages that require z to load work. I think it has something to do with the classic controller's zr and zl buttons being read as a different input than gamecube's z button. I don't know if it's fixable though :/

EDIT: I am also using the homebrew version
Ahh I see, I didn't know that ZL and ZR doesn't work to load alt stages, however thankfully it's not too hard to fix. All that's required is you would need to use the ASL Tool to change the button inputs that require Z into ZL or ZR. I'm gonna work on an update for homebrew which features alt stages to custom stage slots, and in that update I will include a seperate RSBE01.gct for classic controller users which will use ZL to load stages instead of Z

can anybody tell me how to run this on my wii without using the original copy of SMBB? IDO have it but my wii laser is broken and all i can do is run the game from a external hard drive disk u.u is there anyway to do it? :(

p.s im able to run the project m 3.6b without the SSBB game, just using the sd card and the HDD but i can't run it with THIS(
Kapedani's 3.6B Build) mod :( HELP pleaseee
It should be the exact same process as loading vanilla project m 3.6B, just be sure to download the Hackless version on you're SD Card and you should be good to go.

brotankfrank

Smash Rookie
Is your SD Card formatted as Fat32?

Also, have you ever had this problem when installing vanilla Project M?
Yes my SD card is formatted correctly

No ive played multiple versions of project m and never had any problems

I think it has to do with the fact that im using a backup iso of brawl. i saw another comment saying the same thing

shadowrulessa2b

Smash Rookie
Sweet build. I found a bug in the Mercy Hospital stage. When you play with 4 players, right when the stage loads, the two players who spawn on the far right and far left spawn where there isn't a platform. They either fall helplessly to their deaths or grab on to a ledge. This should be an easy fix, since this stage has side platforms that you can make them spawn on instead. I haven't tried this stage with 2 or 3 players, but I imagine fixing the spawn placements with 4 players would fix it with 2 or 3.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
The Full Project M 3.6 Version just released and has some pretty awesome features... which also means that I have to port this build to PM 3.6. I will be including new stages to the build as well as implement some fresh costumes (replacing the less interesting costumes) for characters. And I will be releasing an alternate .gct file for Classic Controller users.

You guys can probs expect the new update to this build within the next couple days, for now enjoy all the new features in Project M 3.6!

Last edited:

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
how did you get the orpheon and onett? to work with the asl when ever i do it on my own build it crashes... (as in when i try to load an alt the screen freezes only for those stages)

shadowrulessa2b

Smash Rookie
I'm excited for your 3.6 build.

In addition to Mercy Hospital, the 4-player spawn points are broken in the stages Milky Way Meadows Revisited and Pacman. I had a great time going through all the stages.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
how did you get the orpheon and onett? to work with the asl when ever i do it on my own build it crashes... (as in when i try to load an alt the screen freezes only for those stages)
Did you make sure to add an alt for the appropiate rel file as well?

I'm excited for your 3.6 build.

In addition to Mercy Hospital, the 4-player spawn points are broken in the stages Milky Way Meadows Revisited and Pacman. I had a great time going through all the stages.
I see, thanks for letting me know, I don't know too much about stage editing but I'll see what I can do!
Glad you're enjoying the build, the next update will come soon! :)

Can please have a download to all CSPs that you used?
I don't have a download of all the CSPs as I don't have them organized on the same place on my computer, but I can link you to where I got them from.
Luddoj's CSPs
MysteryManNo9's CSPs
SJS's CSPs
Will to OP and title be updated when the 3.6 build is released?
Yep, I'll update the OP and Title once I finish the 3.6 build

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
So, just a quick a update about my build for those of you who are waiting. I've been working hard to finish it, the next update will be bigger than previous versions with expanded costumes (thanks to sinistersnakesennin for getting cBliss working!) and even more stages. Right now I am in the process of testing the costumes I added and making sure that they are compatible with Project M. After I'm done testing the added characters, I will have to edit stock icons for the added characters. I should be able to finish everything within the next couple days!

Last edited:

FeverBlade

Smash Rookie
NNID
TimeRe4per
Finally, an update. You really notice just how much time seems to go by on the internet when you're waiting for something. Instant entertainment you spoil me. This also goes to show just how much I adore your pack. It could do with some more varied costumes though, Brawl Vault is huge. I'm also willing to help with the ASL preview pics on the SSS.

Anyway, I realised while testing 1.5 that your stage list in the OP is incorrect. I tried to load Smash 4 Final Destination and instead it loaded an SSE stage (The one with dead Master Hand). I also noticed that my method of ASL stage loading I described earlier in the thread is the ONLY way to load ASL stages on my Wii. I have to know where the stage is before heading to the SSS because if I try to ASL load after the Wii short-freezes, it will load the default stage and COMPLETELY IGNORE any held buttons.

Here are my loading details. it's pretty much the end result of this guide, although I already had HBC installed when I started: http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-on-a-pal-wii-updated.356936/
It's an Australian (PAL) Wii from 2008-09. In the immortal words of Jar-Jar Binks "Any help here would be hot!"

P.S. I don't know how to use spoilers, otherwise that is where I would have put the above paragraph. :confused:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Finally, an update. You really notice just how much time seems to go by on the internet when you're waiting for something. Instant entertainment you spoil me. This also goes to show just how much I adore your pack. It could do with some more varied costumes though, Brawl Vault is huge. I'm also willing to help with the ASL preview pics on the SSS.

Anyway, I realised while testing 1.5 that your stage list in the OP is incorrect. I tried to load Smash 4 Final Destination and instead it loaded an SSE stage (The one with dead Master Hand). I also noticed that my method of ASL stage loading I described earlier in the thread is the ONLY way to load ASL stages on my Wii. I have to know where the stage is before heading to the SSS because if I try to ASL load after the Wii short-freezes, it will load the default stage and COMPLETELY IGNORE any held buttons.

Here are my loading details. it's pretty much the end result of this guide, although I already had HBC installed when I started: http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-on-a-pal-wii-updated.356936/
It's an Australian (PAL) Wii from 2008-09. In the immortal words of Jar-Jar Binks "Any help here would be hot!"

P.S. I don't know how to use spoilers, otherwise that is where I would have put the above paragraph. :confused:
I am glad to hear that you were that excited for the new update! :) And I still have to update the OP with the new button combination for stages as I moved some stuff around, right now I am working on making the hackless version under 2GB so once I release that I will update it! I'm pretty sure Smash 4 Final Destination uses Y to load now, I added Omega Stages to most stages which uses Y to load. And in regards to the costumes, I do think perhaps I could have put more variety, however a lot of the ones I tried kept freezing as they were not compatible with PM. I also restricted myself to give characters costumes from their own universe and I also wanted to make it tourney legal so I did my best to choose costumes that didn't affect hitboxes that much.

If you could help with the ASL preview pics on the SSS screen that would be awesome, I'm not too sure what the best way to do it would be as some stages have 8-10 alts, however I was thinking maybe show the alts at the top and bottom of the preview pic.

And that is very interesting, I'm not too why that would be the only way it works, I'm sure a PMDT member would probably know, but at least it works somehow!

FeverBlade

Smash Rookie
NNID
TimeRe4per
I am glad to hear that you were that excited for the new update! :) And I still have to update the OP with the new button combination for stages as I moved some stuff around, right now I am working on making the hackless version under 2GB so once I release that I will update it! I'm pretty sure Smash 4 Final Destination uses Y to load now, I added Omega Stages to most stages which uses Y to load. And in regards to the costumes, I do think perhaps I could have put more variety, however a lot of the ones I tried kept freezing as they were not compatible with PM. I also restricted myself to give characters costumes from their own universe and I also wanted to make it tourney legal so I did my best to choose costumes that didn't affect hitboxes that much.

If you could help with the ASL preview pics on the SSS screen that would be awesome, I'm not too sure what the best way to do it would be as some stages have 8-10 alts, however I was thinking maybe show the alts at the top and bottom of the preview pic.

And that is very interesting, I'm not too why that would be the only way it works, I'm sure a PMDT member would probably know, but at least it works somehow!
Ah... hitboxes, compatibility and world sense. Such a pain. And using the method you listed for the SSS, I can fit 8 under the stage preview's base stage. 2 in the little box underneath (where the PMDT put theirs) and 6 above that. Think of little squares. Although I would have to test this method for visibility. Maybe keep PMDT's one, put 3 above that and 3 above the normal stage pic having the alts sandwich the base. Might compress the base as needed to fit a max of maybe 10 stages total in. I'm also planning on removing the "Hold L" in the top right and overlaying the pic with the alt buttons. This is all just brainstorming though.

I'm also really busy this weekend so it'll have to wait 'till next weekend at the earliest, Sep 19 at the latest (first day of Australian Spring Break in Northern Territory) due to me being a high school senior.

EDIT: This was all written off the top of my head, but after checking in-game it seems doable remarkably well.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
To everyone that downloaded the Homebrew pack when the title said Ver. 1.5, I updated it to 1.51 which fixed graphical glitches related to Mario's cape and Yoshi's eggs as well as fixed some ASL stages!

I also just uploaded the Hackless pack!

I will post all the info about the new features to the updated packs later today, including the new combinations for alt stages.

Ah... hitboxes, compatibility and world sense. Such a pain. And using the method you listed for the SSS, I can fit 8 under the stage preview's base stage. 2 in the little box underneath (where the PMDT put theirs) and 6 above that. Think of little squares. Although I would have to test this method for visibility. Maybe keep PMDT's one, put 3 above that and 3 above the normal stage pic having the alts sandwich the base. Might compress the base as needed to fit a max of maybe 10 stages total in. I'm also planning on removing the "Hold L" in the top right and overlaying the pic with the alt buttons. This is all just brainstorming though.

I'm also really busy this weekend so it'll have to wait 'till next weekend at the earliest, Sep 19 at the latest (first day of Australian Spring Break in Northern Territory) due to me being a high school senior.

EDIT: This was all written off the top of my head, but after checking in-game it seems doable remarkably well.
Yea, that sounds like it would work well! If you could do that whenever you have time I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Last edited:

losecontrol

Smash Rookie
Your build is wicked, thank you for all the work you've put into it! I do have one problem - I replaced the icons from Miscdata70 in the sel_character file with my own, but now the CSS icons are gray and warped. I restored the PAC and attempted it again, with the same result. Any idea what I did wrong? I'm using the Homebrew version, if that makes any difference.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Your build is wicked, thank you for all the work you've put into it! I do have one problem - I replaced the icons from Miscdata70 in the sel_character file with my own, but now the CSS icons are gray and warped. I restored the PAC and attempted it again, with the same result. Any idea what I did wrong? I'm using the Homebrew version, if that makes any difference.
No problem! Make sure that when you're replacing the icons, the format is C18. You could also try using Brawl Costume Manager, that's what I usually use to replace the character icons on the CSS.

ian4344

Smash Rookie
I just checked the stagelist for homebrew in BrawlStageManager it seems you've added ASL stages to the custom slot stages. What button combinations did you assign to those?

brotankfrank

Smash Rookie
Hi sorry to bother you again but I'm still having trouble getting the hackless build to work using a backup iso of brawl. I thought it might of somehow fixed itself after the new update but no luck. Any advice?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Here is the complete stagelist for Ver. 1.51

Homebrew

Hackless

I just checked the stagelist for homebrew in BrawlStageManager it seems you've added ASL stages to the custom slot stages. What button combinations did you assign to those?
L and Y

Hi sorry to bother you again but I'm still having trouble getting the hackless build to work using a backup iso of brawl. I thought it might of somehow fixed itself after the new update but no luck. Any advice?
Not too sure, so are you still have problems copying it to your SD Card?

brotankfrank

Smash Rookie
Not too sure, so are you still have problems copying it to your SD Card?[/quote]

The only error i get when copying the build to my SD card is that one of the STG.pacs cant be written

Could it be a problem that im using a mac?

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
The only error i get when copying the build to my SD card is that one of the STG.pacs cant be written

Could it be a problem that im using a mac?[/quote]

Hmm, which STG.pacs can't be written? and does the STG.pacs write on the SD card if there's nothing it in, like try just copying that particular file onto the blank SD Card and let me know if it writes.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Small error I've noticed, Headband Puff is just regular Puff, I forgot to include that file. Here's the download link to the Green Headband Jigglypuff, name the files fitpurin08.pac and fitpurin08.pcs and put it in the projectm/pf/fighter/purin. Sorry about that!

Hey, thanks for using my SSS c: (Nyx Here)
Thanks for making it!

Would this work with the expansion template that the Project M Launcher uses?
You mean the add-on feature? Not sure tbh, I would guess probably not but you can try.

Could it be a problem that im using a mac?[/quote]

I may have found out the problem! Are you getting error code 36, if you are check this solution.

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
No joke, this is probably one of the best (and largest) builds I have seen. Downloading the homebrew versiom right now

thegreninja47

Smash Rookie
Small error I've noticed, Headband Puff is just regular Puff, I forgot to include that file. Here's the download link to the Green Headband Jigglypuff, name the files fitpurin08.pac and fitpurin08.pcs and put it in the projectm/pf/fighter/purin. Sorry about that!

Thanks for making it!

You mean the add-on feature? Not sure tbh, I would guess probably not but you can try.

Could it be a problem that im using a mac?
I may have found out the problem! Are you getting error code 36, if you are check this solution.[/quote]
You just need to rename and copy the green headband?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Yep, rename the files to fitpurin08.pac and fitpurin08.pcs from the download I gave you and copy it to projectm/pf/fighter/purin replacing the ones already there

Auto L Cancel is still there, its under More Rules
It doesn't work for some reason...

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I renamed them and copied them but Puff is still the same?
Yeah, I just tested it out and you're right, its because that headband costume can only work on the fitpurin02 slot.
Here's an actual fix, copy both files and put it in the projectm/pf/fighter/purin. Sorry about that!

Also, here's a small fix to the Random All Star stock icon. Put the file in projectm/pf/info2.

God DAMN that main menu http://i.imgur.com/8VbRn3y.jpg
I would kill for a separate mod of that
Aha, here's a download link for it, put it in projectm/pf/menu2. Basically what I did was use Theytah's layout and apply Anti's background to it, so full credit goes out to both of them.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I figured out a way to run the full Homebrew Build on Dolphin! Follow the instructions listed here. Tell me if it works or you encounter errors!

Dolphin +
1. Download Homebrew Build
2. Replace the music files of the Brawl ISO with the music files from the Homebrew Build. Follow the instructions listed here.
3. Download this digital SD card
4. Place the digital SD card in C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii
5. Open Dolphin emulator
6. Add Custom Brawl ISO from Step 2 to Dolphin Emulator
7. Right click the Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
8. Go to Config, then choose the "Wii" tab. Check "Insert SD card"
9. Download WAD file
10. Go to Tools, then Install WAD. Then select the WAD file downloaded in previous step.
11. Download boot.elf
12. Click "Open" then select the boot.elf file from above.
13. Click "Launch Game"

MrThundershock

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to download this it becomes a rar file.(hackless) Does it have to do with that im on mac or?

Top Bottom