• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Puzzle league actually originated as a game called Panel de Pon. Tetris Attack was a re-stylized version released later in the states.

Also the games are not exactly the same. In Pokemon puzzle league you only start getting the upside town triangle pieces on difficulties of 9 or higher. In tetris attack you start getting them on difficulties of three or higher. Also in tetris attack once you reach the Question Mark stage of a chain (20+) you stop receiving points for the chain. In pokemon puzzle league this problem was remedied, with chains of above 20 still awarding points.

This fix coupled with the fact that you can play on higher difficulties without the upside down triangle pieces allows for much higher scores in Pokemon Puzzle league if you are able to manipulate the pieces with the necessary speed and accuracy.

In other words, **** Imma **** you fools.

Also, serious Panel de Pon players only play time trial.
Ahh yes, Panel de Pon, I guess I worded that wrong, what I meant is just, Tetris attack being the game that came before PPL, but yeah of course they all Originated from panel de pon. And yeah I forgot that they fixed the ?-chains in PPL, I play Tetris attack more often though, the only reason being, I played it first and I'm alot more used to the SNES controller. By the look of all these posts it seems there will be quite a bit of competition, PPL tourny anyone? Either way, sounds like this barrio will be epic, cant wait! =)

DYC

Smash Champion
Never was a fan of 3d. Just gave me motion sickness. 2d is where it's at.

And I know what you mean pyro, I started on TA as well. I was just sad that it was pretty much impossible to get more than 45000 points in time trial unless you played with the upside down triangle blocks. (Simply because the lag of the snes combined with the lag of the pieces dropping in low difficulties simply resulted in there not being enough time to do much more.)

papermarkis

Smash Lord
3d is way easier to play, but it also give me motion sickness as well. However, I started with PPL unlike you guys. I also owned the GBC version. I played TA on emulator once but didn't like the style of it.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Stealth is missing that dyc is the ****ing man at god**** PPL/TA/PDP type puzzle games.

Lol, this is gonna sound stupid, but he kept pace with azen at fc3, without having touched the game for probably 4-5 years. Now that may not sound like much, but I don't see any of you having a right to say how much you're are gonna **** who.

In case you didn't know azen is amazing at everything without trying.
I have no doubt about it, but so am I. Anyway, we shall see this saturday.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Never was a fan of 3d. Just gave me motion sickness. 2d is where it's at.

And I know what you mean pyro, I started on TA as well. I was just sad that it was pretty much impossible to get more than 45000 points in time trial unless you played with the upside down triangle blocks. (Simply because the lag of the snes combined with the lag of the pieces dropping in low difficulties simply resulted in there not being enough time to do much more.)
Ahh thats good, I tried playing PPL 3D mode today and yeah, same problem, gives me a headache XD

ridiculous puzzle moneymatches?
FTW

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Other than the last 30 seconds of that vid, that's actually me in a couple of weeks... or not...

Also, Super-Hard in PPL is some BA stuff. I've used more than 90 continues already. I bet you guys can't tell the difference between that and easy mode huh?

Jesi

Smash Ace
A new Birthday is Approaching! :D

Sorry to break into the puzzle league/snes action! But I have an important announcement to make!

Not this weekend, but the following weekend is the birth date of two very important smash members. These members have never missed a barrio smash since they've been with us. They are constantly there to play or snuggle whenever needed, and they a source of great joy and enjoyment even outside of barrio smash. They are now turning 1 year old as of May 16th and I would like to host a birthday party for two of our most loved smash friends: Fox and Falco the kitties.

If you enjoy the kittens, please join in on the fun! If you come to barrio smash on May 17th, please donate a little time to play w/ a cat, or even better, bring a small cat toy or cat treat to celebrate the kittens first year! :D

Aly and I are going to make a kitty cake for the celebration and maybe we'll do some other stuff too! See you guys this weekend! Happy puzzling!

(Fox & Falco 1 year ago :p)

only1Z

Smash Champion
This sounds like an awesome excuse......to drink beer.

*that pic is so old, I COULD HAVE CRUSHED DEM WITH A SINGLE SWIPE!

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Aww, sounds awesome, but sadly May 17th is my best friend's birthday party as well....so I won't be able to attend barrio that weekend =(

But anyway, can't complain I guess, my friend's party should be great as well so yeah. well I hope it turns out great! Oh yeah, I'm bringing a copy of PPL and Tetris Attack, and I wasn't sure if I should bring another TV, I have a small TV I can bring, I just wasnt sure where we'd put it soo yeah anyway, See you all tomorrow =D

P.S: TOP TIER KITTIES FTW

Jesi

Smash Ace
Alrite EDIT EDIT

Barrio Smash will have a Late Start on May 17th, at like 9ish. It's NOT cancelled. Just a late start! Yay Parties on!

Cups

Smash Ace
I'll be in St. Chuckles that weekend for stupid home stuff. h8 st. charles. OMG classes are done I'm a senior in college now yay and Ben and I are getting buck so yall's may join us if you are of age!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
are u guys going to that big florida tourney in july? also, jesi what's the news on the nickel city tourney

dmac

Smash Champion
6627 e 15th terrace
kansas city, mo 64126

make sure you goto the back of the house down the long driveway, dont knock on the front, no one will answer it ( probably )

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Got a question for all the PPLer's, how many continues did you guys use playing through PPL's super-hard mode?
Since I didn't play PPL much, I never even got around to playing V-hard mode, but on Tetris Attack I beat V-hard with 1 continue, stupid mistake I made, I was pretty mad it was on like the last battle, otherwise I would of restarted and tried for no continues like I always did, but since I was so close to the end, and that was the best I'd ever done with no continues up until then I just beat it, but yeah, I've never done it with no continues. Also, Its most likely a little more tough on PPL cause theres no lag time and such, no room for mistakes.

versus mode is dumb as hell. play time trial in 2 player arena with the computer turned on in settings.
Yeah, lol, lvl 7 CPU on Tetris Attack was always a fun fight, and I think it went to lvl 10 on PPL?
Not sure...I think so, did they improve the AI in PPL at all?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
My record on super hard is 24.

Time attack eh? More used to vs mode and hour long battles.... and 3-D lol.

Edit:Ugh this has been too long for me. I'm gonna suuuuuuuuck.

DYC

Smash Champion
You don't turn the AI on to fight it, you turn the AI on so you can play time trial without the other side just going up and failing out.

The AI in PPL only gets between 6000 and 13000 points per game on level 10. So while they improved it slightly, it's still ridiculously far from the score a human should be getting. Granted I haven't played the game in three years so i've only been averaging about 18000-20000 points per game.

And the AI on level 7 in TA only on a super rare occasion would go over 10000 points so it wasn't really a challenge lol.

Cups

Smash Ace
I just go in to BTT, home run contest, and BTP with Brock and Bruno and train there all day. I use it to get my chains down perfectly.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I can kinda understand where DYC is coming from with the Vs Mode is stupid thing. In VS mode, you win the game by your opponent sucking, not by you being good. However, time trial is all about your own skill yet at the same time, has absolutely nothing to do with your opponents. So I guess I like both VS and time trial.

Top Bottom