• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

RyanFolmsbee

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. DeLux told me to post here to look into melee being playing in the Lawrence/KC area. I'm living in Lawrence right now looking to play some melee. I was wondering if you guys have times yo play, or tournaments going on.

Thanks
Ryan

Jace08

Smash Lord
moonwalker, chef, z, and aaron live in lawrence. Moonwalker and chef in particular have been playing a lot lately so you should hit them up. They should be able to give you a ride as well to our weeklies saturday night, which is where the most fun is with everybody there

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i've been out of the game for a while. I'm from boston looking to play casually with anyone from around manhattan to get back to being competitive. i play melee but i'd be willing to play brawl or 64

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Currently trying to get things settled for me making it to both Maxout and the birthday bash. Raith am I good to leave Maxout with you? I already talked to Massive about getting a ride home. Only obstacle after that is somehow getting Sunday off at work since I forgot to request that off at the same time I did Saturday.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The only manhattan person I know is GIMB for braw

I can give you his info when he moves back, but in the mean time maybe someone can find you a melee person

buzz-roll

Smash Rookie
I live in Manhattan starting two weeks from now, and am Melee all the way, so we'll definitely have to play some because I know of no others who do. I'll probably be able to convince my new roommate to play some though!

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
I live in Manhattan starting two weeks from now, and am Melee all the way, so we'll definitely have to play some because I know of no others who do. I'll probably be able to convince my new roommate to play some though!
Ok man let me know. When you get yourself situated, pm me and we'll exchange details.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Girlfriend is definitely not making it this weekend, I'm a maybe. Convince me to come instead of going to the poker room for the third weekend in a row.

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
I'll gladly help supply general buns/bread for grilled food and chips. I'll bring sweet drinks too, but does anyone like cognac/Hennessey? I definitely want to share it if possible.

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
If there is something specific that still needs to be supplied let me know and I'll try to pick it up before leaving, otherwise we will just chip in extra to the keg/meat fund or toward a liquor run.

P.S. Moonwalker- I PMed you my number, let me know when you plan on leaving tomorrow.

Mmneggs

Smash Rookie
hey this is Robert shinobis friend I been to these smash deals a couple times. when and where is the next one?

Jace08

Smash Lord
It's at darkrain's place

As you might already know August is pretty stacked with birthdays. Myself and Z on the 6th, Phat on the 13th, and Cups on the 29th. We're gonna blow it out this year and have a quad b-day celebration. **** is going to by hype.

When: August 17th, 2013

Where: My place in Overland Park (if you want to go and don't already know where it is PM me for the address)

Featuring: BEER KEG - BBQ - CAKE - BALLOONS - HULA HOOPS AND **** - GAMES??

Duties:
darkrain - get the keg
p-gamer - fire up the girll
Cups - bring the cake

For food phat is bringing the meat and bread. So if you aren't a chump try to bring something: snacks, chips, if you are awesome - a homemade side item, soda, Gin for Jfro, any other alcoholic beverages you might be interested in consuming. Phatgamer also humbly requests you contribute $5 for eats and a beer keg cup. There probably won't be a lot of smash going on, except for Jace... he'll be playing games all night. I'm going to drink until I can't see anymore lol. Let me know if you plan on bringing anything, and whoever doesn't come is out of the crew. PEACE!

RyanFolmsbee

Smash Rookie
moonwalker, chef, z, and aaron live in lawrence. Moonwalker and chef in particular have been playing a lot lately so you should hit them up. They should be able to give you a ride as well to our weeklies saturday night, which is where the most fun is with everybody there

could I get their numbers? email address?

Jace08

Smash Lord
unfortunately I don't have all their numbers and email addresses. I'd suggest sending them a personal message on this site asking for it. You just click their account name and then "start a conversation"

aaron = bunnyavenger on smashboards
z = only1z
can't remember if chef has an account

also I forgot about rpotts in that post. He lives in lawrence as well

I'd suggest hitting up moonwalker first, we used to play during the week somewhat often when I lived in lawrence

Jace08

Smash Lord
but I'm jace!

when you strolled into the basement in my clothes I just about died

shoutouts to phat for making some of the tastiest burgers ever known to man

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Ditto with everyone elses comments. Sorry about the woodchucks Z, that was inconsiderate of me, hope there's no hard feelings.
Love this crew so much, never thought playing smash would grant me such an awesome group of friends and (most of the time good) role models. Your advice and experience has really impacted me over this last year and a half, I wouldn't trade you guys for the world!

Sorry sapp over. Darkrain, Phat, dmac, thanks for throwing a party way cooler than any highschoolers could imagine. Hope to see a lot of you at Massive's, I'm back to school and ready to get back on my grind. Gotta dethrone Jace before I graduate

Cups

Smash Ace
Was the best bday party I've had in a very long time. Kudos to the SRK guys for coming out, thought they were going to start beating off to the SF set up.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'll see whoever's going at massive's tonight!

fyi there's gonna be a new guy named Mason there with a friend or two

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Jace, I gave some new player your text info on Friday. Did he ever contact you?

Top Bottom