• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kampfertable Kampfer Slider - Birmingham, AL 1/16/10 - SCHEDULE CHANGE

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you didnt get food and drinks though....
and i would rather just go get a dollar menu thing or something than pay a door fee.

and the other SF and 2d fighter people there told me they thought smash was kind of lame and all it looked like was spacing and poking.

that is generally what people think of brawl.

you just should drop the other games and all the shenanigans you pull and have a brawl tournament.
dont get so carried away.

SilentShinobi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, this is Ben (guy who brought the Melty Blood setup; played Arc).

Just wanted to say I had a good time, even though I didn't enter anything. Good games to everyone I played in MB/GG/BB/anything. Also, I've met some of the smash players there and they seem like good people. Even though we play different games, we still play fighters. I can still watch Smash at a competitive standpoint and even attempted to play it at some point in time (I played Metaknight) but I personally couldn't get into it, but everyone else could and did. Nothing against the community or anything like that, it was of my personal journey with that game.

I understand what Zero_Gamer tried to do last night and it worked to a certain extent. More Smash tournaments trying to bring in something different for a change. I honestly don't see the problem in it. If people had extra setups for the games they played, they would for sure be playing it, granted they had people who played it a little or knew very little about it. This is how you grow a community, keep representing what you play anywhere and everywhere you are. Someone's gonna see it.

Are we really gonna wait until Final Round or some other "big tournament" to put multiple communities together? I want to see you guys prosper like any other community out there now. I really would like to chill and play you guys multiple times at multiple tournaments. And yes, Smash is your main game and you represent it to the fullest, but don't think that Smash is the only scene here. I think Zero_Gamer wanted to see what else was out there. That's all.

I bet the next tourney he has is probably gonna be a little more camp on the games list, since some had little to no entrants and little scene (like Melty), but I'd still bring mines for me and my buds to play on. And of course, I'd still spit commentary for Smash matches. It's fun period.

Will_: I wanted to play you in Blazblue but forgot to when I was about to leave. Sooooo wanted to.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Cool deal.

So this, really.

1. Kismet (Falco/Snake)
2. Reflex (PT/Wolf)
3. Billy (Sheik/Snake/Falco) (more Snake than Sheik?)
4. George (Kirby)
5. Will_ (MK/DK)
5. Elev8 (IC/D3/Various)
7. Munkus (MK)
7. Cheap (Peach)
I actually only went one game as Falco, and that was against professional smasher Will_. Then I went Snake for the rest of the games with professional smasher Will_ and went all Snake against Elev8 and Reflex. The only time I went Sheik was against ShaSlam and Kismet.

*Sigh....* Snake.... :ohwell:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm fine with a $10 entry fee so long as it won't deter too many people from coming.

I couldn't come in part, realistically, because of Pound4. That and car johns.

edit:

Final list, I guess ;O :

1. Kismet (Falco/Snake)
2. Reflex (PT/Wolf)
3. Billy (Snake/Sheik)
4. George (Kirby)
5. Will_ (MK/DK)
5. Elev8 (IC/Various)
7. Munkus (MK)
7. Cheap (Peach)

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I don't know about everyone else that Will_ played against, but he used DK against me for one game.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
That list is lacking: T1J, Ninja Foxx, Elv8's friend, and Shaslam.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go figure out how to avoid being chaingrabbed by falco.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
That list is lacking: T1J, Ninja Foxx, Elv8's friend, and Shaslam.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go figure out how to avoid being chaingrabbed by falco.
i was 9th(FoxX,i think slam also had 9th) if you were wondering(checked before i left)

i was thinking of bring my laptop for melty/IaMP at my tourney, but it was stolen sadly,idk how may ppl would be willing to play anyways but its not a bad idea(i can bring a melee setup aswell)
speaking of, *brb bumping thread*

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I played Munkus after ShaSLAM in losers, so you're right that ShaSLAM got 9th.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont think i really mind the door fee now that I think about it. whatever its your ****ing house.

but people will bring set ups if you yell at them enough.
a good idea is to make people announce that they will bring set ups and make a list.

but at my tournaments (which admittedly usually dont have enough setups...but thats mainly because i have so many ****ing events and 30+ entrants)
like for the thread I put BRING SET UPS in all caps like nineteen times, and keep mentioning it as the thread progresses

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Hate that I missed this one.... Let me know when the next is... and Add Melee. There's more and more AL Melee players rising. =)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Whoa,

Looks like Will needs to shake off that rust!

Wish I could have been there, XP expect me to back with a can of **** guys

Top Bottom