• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kamikaze's Short Notice Arizona Brawl Tourney March 21st

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Going to try to host as many tournies as I can in the coming months Arizonas Brawl(LOL) scene has gotta step it up.

Date: March 21st this saturday

Address: 1041 E. Campus Dr. Tempe, Arizona

ask for my number if you need any more info

Sign-ups and warm-ups start at 12:00 pm

Entry
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per team

Pay out as such:

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

Pay out is in CASH

Rules

- Double Elimination
- Best 2 out of 3, Best 3 out of 5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
- 3 Stock
- 7 Minute Time Limit
- Items Off
- Friendly Fire on for teams
- Stalling is banned
- Metaknight infinite cape glitch is banned
- First stage is selected at random than loser chooses next stage.
- After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will
play and then the
loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed
upon by both players
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage

Neutral Stages
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpick
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Norfair
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Lylat Cruise
-Castle Siege
-Pictochat
-Luigis Mansion
-Rainbow Cruise
-Pirate Ship

Bring set ups please ! And if you have any questions or recommendations let me know !

Starking

Smash Cadet
If you got any extra TVs I'll be willing to bring a Wii (With Brawl of course).

I'll be going to this one like all the others.

EDIT:
Counterpick
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Norfair
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Lylat Cruise
-Castle Siege
-Pictochat
-Luigis Mansion
-Rainbow Cruise
-Pirate Ship

Wait.... These are CPs now?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Castle Siege and Pictochat have always been CPs. Pretty sure PS2 has as well. Pirate Ship is debatable, but I think it's fine.

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I will be at this tourny for sure.

Everyone bring some dolla dolla bills yall so we can do some $1 random money matches.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
AZ needs to stop doing ****ing random MM's and work on their mains. We aren't going to get anywhere using random characters.

fark

Smash Apprentice
i strongly suggest this rule, especially in this game.

"HAT'S intelligent rule: the third game of any set must be played on a neutral. YOU HEAR THAT? The third game of ANY SET, MUST be played on a neutral. what the **** is the end of a set if there's a clear disadvantage for the guy who lost the first game? **** that."

it only seems fair in a game with a metaknight.

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
i strongly suggest this rule, especially in this game.

"HAT'S intelligent rule: the third game of any set must be played on a neutral. YOU HEAR THAT? The third game of ANY SET, MUST be played on a neutral. what the **** is the end of a set if there's a clear disadvantage for the guy who lost the first game? **** that."

it only seems fair in a game with a metaknight.

What a ****ing ******** rule.

BigRay

Smash Cadet
sry i couldnt make your smashfest DS, i had some **** going on. also i dont know if i can make this tourny or not.....i suck large ballz

fark

Smash Apprentice
i don't like that rule. its ghey

edit: will there be a double blind rule in place?
is that cuz you knew i would have beat you if it werent for your advantage in the final set? im not calling you a bad player in anyway so dont get offended but i would have won that set if it werent for that stupid stage. id even argue for that rule in melee if i still played it. it makes perfect sense.

fark

Smash Apprentice
i have yet to play one az smasher who likes that stage, so thats why i didnt list it.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
is that cuz you knew i would have beat you if it werent for your advantage in the final set? im not calling you a bad player in anyway so dont get offended but i would have won that set if it werent for that stupid stage. id even argue for that rule in melee if i still played it. it makes perfect sense.
psh... don't be hatin. you shouldn't have gone snake that first match XD i <3 rainbow cruise with mk.

and yes, yoshi's island is ghey. not a neutral imo. close but no, its a cppppppppppppppppppppp!

i just want to know if the double blind rule will be in place mainly just for the first match, since thats really the only time the rule comes into affect and because certain someones choose characters based on their counters <_< >_>

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Dark, if I go to this we should Marth ditto MM 5$
oh god i havn't really played marth is so long. it would just be ****. haha i might be down for some other mm's tho

so justin, double blind yes?

edit: me and lots of other people agree that yoshi's island should be a cp. it was a cp at dooks and i liked it that way :)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see what makes people think Yoshi's is a CP. The non-straight floor?

It's completely neutral IMO
its that, the weird angles with the platform, the shy guys taking away projectiles(which i mainly like), and the platforms that rise out of hell. all of that imo results in a cp and i just absolutely hate that stage :) (not for those reasons but i never seem to do well on it XD)

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
AZ needs to stop doing ****ing random MM's and work on their mains. We aren't going to get anywhere using random characters.
They make the game more fun. We all now that brawl is way too top heavy in the character department. For instance you Jar'd, I always beat you in tournys until you played MK.

I enjoy playing and learning some of the lower tiered chracters and making money off learning their skills and movesets.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
The shy guys hardly mess anything up, the weird angles don't screw things up easier. The platform changes gameplay just barely.

And lock, you only played me in tourney once lol before I used mk. I don't think that counts as "I always beat you in tourney until you played mk". Not to mention the set was 2-1. I mean I have nothing vs using random characters because I have a ton of fun that way, but AZ sucks *** at this game and we need to step it up for devastation unless we want m2k, atomsk, ally, and whoever else comes to 3 stock every single one of our players.

Starking

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's Island is awesome. Wallclinging is great.

But Lylat Cruise, that's a totally different story.

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
oh god i havn't really played marth is so long. it would just be ****. haha i might be down for some other mm's tho

so justin, double blind yes?

edit: me and lots of other people agree that yoshi's island should be a cp. it was a cp at dooks and i liked it that way :)

I haven't really played Brawl in so long lol.

<3 Melee

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's Island is awesome. Wallclinging is great.

But Lylat Cruise, that's a totally different story.
I personally hate both of those although i think YI is a viable neutral stage . Its just that the shy guys ruin all my lasers, the angled stage makes it hard to SHDL, and the platforms never move to my advantage.

All my campiness is taken out when im playing on both stages.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
The shy guys hardly mess anything up, the weird angles don't screw things up easier. The platform changes gameplay just barely.

And lock, you only played me in tourney once lol before I used mk. I don't think that counts as "I always beat you in tourney until you played mk". Not to mention the set was 2-1. I mean I have nothing vs using random characters because I have a ton of fun that way, but AZ sucks *** at this game and we need to step it up for devastation unless we want m2k, atomsk, ally, and whoever else comes to 3 stock every single one of our players.
um... 2 things

i say we put it up to a vote for yi as being a neutral :)

and lock beating you once in a tourny when you guys only played once does count as always beating you in tournys. lol but i see what you mean.

i personally don't know if az sucks *** at this game. i think we'll just have to wait till devastation to see where we place ;) also, you need to teach me the ways of mk and train my ***. haha

Starking

Smash Cadet
thats the kind of thing hitler would say. am i saying your hitler?

yes
Dude, that's harsh. I also think a vote isn't really needed. All it does is cut down on Camping. I think Lylat should be up for a vote. But YI? Not really.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I'll see if I can make it too this thing, haven't been able to play seriously since the last Smash Fest I went too.

My friend messed up his thumb playing basket ball so i had no one to practice with over here.

But lets see how far I can get before I can get knocked into losers this time.

And this time, I won't take the wrong bus. xD

AZ sucks *** at this game
D= *Agrees entirely*

YI is nuetral

And I loooove lylat!! =D Tilting stage is cake.

Fuuuuuuck Shifter, you seriously maining meta =o?

fark

Smash Apprentice
Fuuuuuuck Shifter, you seriously maining meta =o?
yep he too has gone to the dark side

i say that there is no harm in playing for the money. but personally i find there to be a difference between playing like a *****(camping) and the meta. i would love a meta banned tourney. but az sucks

Top Bottom