• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kafei for SSBB

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Kafei was the first character in a zelda game aside from link to be playable and he is super cool I am waiting for permission so I can use a movelist from SBO but who agrees and he is in no way minor.
A moveset made by Hidden Tiger on SBO
System: N64

Entrance: Kafei stands up and puts on his Keaton Mask.

Moves:

A: Quick Jab (short jab with right hand)
A (after Quick Jab): Double Jab (follow up with jab with left hand)
A (after Double Jab): Roundhouse kick (Kafei spins in a circle with a high kick)
Rapid-tap A (after Round house kick): Keaton Rapid punches (Quick repeated punches, continues as long as A is being tapped.)
A Smash: Karate Chop
A + v: Keaton Spin Kicks (Kafei does a handstand, kicks his legs straight out, and spins rapidly)
A + ^: Backflip Kick

In Air:
A: Keaton Burst (Kafei kicks his arms and legs out all at once, similar to Ness)
A + ^ Headbutt
A + v: Double Foot stomp
A smash: Rolling punches (Kafei turns sideways, and does a move resembling the Doc tornado)

Grabbing:
A: Face slap
B: Knee jab (quickly knees enemy in stomach)
^ : Spring Kick (Kafei throws enemy straight up, leaps into a handstand, then springs off with his hands to kick enemy higher)
v : Reverse suplex (Kafei swings enemy behind him and slams flat on his back, landing on enemy)
Forward: Frontflip slam (Kafei leaps over enemy, grabs their shoulders, and slams them into the ground as he lands.)
Back: Spin Kick (Kafei flips the enemy behind him, then delivers a swift roundhouse kick while they're in the air)

B : Mask throw (alternates between Keaton Mask, which bounces off enemy and throws them back, and Sun Mask, which cuts through enemy doing heavy damage)
B + < or > : Rolling attack (charge up to gain speed and power)
B + ^ : Keaton boost jump (similar to Capatin Falcons B + ^ move)
B + v : Anju's Love (creates a small barrier that repels enemies and increases Kafei's health for about 5 seconds)

Hyper Move: The Three-Tailed Fox (Kafei glows yellow, then lets out a screeching howl. This will summon a gigantic Keaton, and together they will unleash a powerful magic spell that blasts the whole screen)

Taunt: Kafei takes off the Keaton mask, holds it high and says "For Anju!"

Kirby hat: Kafei's Mask or Keaton Mask and Kafei's Hair

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
No he wasn't. If you count the Philips CDI games, Zelda was also playable.

And in my opinion, there are much more deserving Zelda characters. Between Saria, Ruto, Darunia, Aghanim, and ERROR, Kafei just doesn't score any points with me.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Destruction_King said:

And in my opinion, there are much more deserving Zelda characters. Between Saria, Ruto, Darunia, Aghanim, and ERROR, Kafei just doesn't score any points with me.
I don't count he Philips CDI games and Aghnim was a random minion of Ganondorf, ERROR was a radom, Saria, Ruto & Darunia I want too and think would be cool because they are sages but so are impa, Rauru and Nabooru. Kafei is an important character in Majora's mask and should be in SSBB especially if Skull Kid is in

Shark X

Smash Lord
Kafei rocks, but not as a playable character. He better return in TP as another townsperson, and he better be an adult! Or better yet, a kid where you have to complete a side-quest to get his to turn back into an adult.

saberhof

Smash Master
ERROR??, what would he do, he would jsut be running around goin, hello i am error!....or whatever he said in the game...hahahahah lol

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Shark X said:
Who the hell or what the hell is Error?
Error was a character in Zelda II The Adventure of Link who you had to find on a hidden patch of land. He lowers one of the bridges for you. He's not very well known, but a lot of Zelda fans refer to him in culthood status. He's weird for weirdnes sake and that's why we all like him. And yes, in the game his name is Error.

I've seen him on a fake character select screen and decided it'd be funny to see him in SSBB. I'm half joking about him being in SSBB, but I'm completely serious of the others I mentioned. Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't have posted Error.... oh well. :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So we're having random NPC's as characters now? Yes he was playable, but he was stupid. Epona was also playable before him, should Epona be playable? No. Stupid stupid stupid.

Neonach

Smash Journeyman
Destruction_King said:

Darunia would be fuggin' awesome. He'd be like DK, only better..because he eats rocks. :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
xianfeng said:
he's not an NPC
He's still a minor character that you only saw if you did the optional quest to get his mask. Either way, NPC or not, he's still a stupid idea.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
I think any character added to a Smash game should meet these requirements:

a)Have some sort of known fighting background

b)Seem like they're at least somewhat capable of fighting.

c)If neither of the above prerequisites are met, they should at least be an instantly recognizable, classically good Nintendo character.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Skull Kid looked terrible in Majora's Mask, but that character art actually does make him look awesome.

Lefticle said:

c)If neither of the above prerequisites are met, they should at least be an instantly recognizable, classically good Nintendo character.
C is the only reason Zelda, Dr. Mario, and Game & Watch were playable.

Not sure why Shiek was playable, but I guess B would be the best reason.

A, B, or C puts Pichu out, so I wonder why the hell he was in Smash.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lefticle said:

Then why were Pichu and Game and Watch playable?

Stryks

Smash Hero
saberhof said:
ERROR??, what would he do, he would jsut be running around goin, hello i am error!....or whatever he said in the game...hahahahah lol
Lol haha, sweet due, you choose him and the game freezes, hahaha

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
xianfeng said:
Then why were Pichu and Game and Watch playable?

I recognised GAW when I first saw him from Fire, which I've still got somewhere....

And everyone recognises Pichu, and he can fight, what with having attacks and stuff in the GBA games.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Mic_Fox said:
And everyone recognises Pichu, and he can fight, what with having attacks and stuff in the GBA games.
You mean that little dork can fight? All I ever seen it do it hurt itself, like an emo little Pikachu who just beats itself up.

And I never even heard of Pichu until Melee came out. He's not very recognizable. Charazard had a better chance than Pichu.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Shark X said:
You mean that little dork can fight? All I ever seen it do it hurt itself, like an emo little Pikachu who just beats itself up.

And I never even heard of Pichu until Melee came out. He's not very recognizable. Charazard had a better chance than Pichu.
LOL! An emo little Pikachu... that's classic. Unfortunately, Pichu is very recognizable, only because he's been shoved down our throats the same way Pikachu was... could never figure out how he became the most popular Pokemon... I liked Charmander alot better, but then again, I never got that much into Pokemon. I still laugh at my siblings for all the money they wasted on those cards... atleast they wised-up by the time Yu-Gi-Oh showed up.

Shark X

Smash Lord
He only became the most popular because the anime randomly picked a Pokemon to be the star. Couldn't use one of the main three, with Ash picking one, because they would be picking favorites.

Not sure about Pichu. When was he shoved down our throats?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
He only became the most popular because the anime randomly picked a Pokemon to be the star. Couldn't use one of the main three, with Ash picking one, because they would be picking favorites.

Not sure about Pichu. When was he shoved down our throats?
during the silver / gold era on both the games and anime

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, Pichu wasn't forcefed to us with the same intensity as Pikachu, as the Pokemon craze was beginning to die out by then, but forcefed none the less, especially in regard to the movies. Do the Pichu Bros. sound familiar? And they did pick a favorite - Pikachu, since I supose he was the most popular among the brat populace of Japan. Just pray we don't end up with Munchlax - their current favorite...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Well, Pichu wasn't forcefed to us with the same intensity as Pikachu, as the Pokemon craze was beginning to die out by then, but forcefed none the less, especially in regard to the movies. Do the Pichu Bros. sound familiar? And they did pick a favorite - Pikachu, since I supose he was the most popular among the brat populace of Japan. Just pray we don't end up with Munchlax - their current favorite...
we'll proberly end up with meowth he's still high in their eyes

Shark X

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
I actually like Meowth - the only Pokemon with a personality...
You mean besides Mewtwo (and sadly that idiot, Slowking)? Then again, Mewtwo is anti-Pokemon, as well as not exactly a Pokemon. Just a genitic monster made from a Pokemon's cells. (And I tend to pretend Slowking doesn't exixt)

And when they choose Pikachu as a favorite, they had nothing to choose him between. If they had to pick between Charmander, Bulbasuar, and Squirtle, thats when they would be chooseing favorites (unless the show gave Ash all three from the start, but I think the point was for him to slowly start out).

Funny, Kafei turned into a Pokemon topic.

I just got the Zelda Collectors Edition today from my cousin (had to trade him Hitman 2: Silent Assassin for it, but oh well), so I been playing Majora's Mask on the Gamecube (since I had Ocarina of Time on Gamecube already), so I been working on the Kafei side-quest again...even though I don't remember how to get the Bunny Hood...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Actually, Mewtwo was pretty lacking in personality, just the typical "I hate the world" villian that wants to take his misery out on everybody, atleast in the US version (from what I hear, he was pretty freakin evil in the Japanese version). And I forgot about Slowking. But let's just forget about the cartoon, it sucks anyway. This is a topic about that Kafei guy anyway...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
You, know, the very least you could have done was ask to use my moveset. >_> Anyway, I completely agree, Kafei is really the best possible choice. And here is why:

1. Kafei is the first and only playable character in the entire Legend of Zelda series that isn't Link, or some form of Link. Sure, you can argue that Zelda was playable in the CD-I titles, but those were not made by Nintendo, and were so bad besides that they hardly merit an argument. That alone should be enough to prove that he deserves the recognition.

2. Kafei is a very important character in Majora's Mask. True, he only appeared in a side-quest, but that particular sidequest needed to be played many times over in differenet ways to completely finish the game. Also, Kafei was given a completely new character model. Even though nearly all of the models were recycled from Ocarina of Time, Nintendo felt that Kafei was important enough to deserve a brand new one.

3. Kafei can fight. Even though the areas where you played as him were puzzle solving ones, he still received a rolling attack and a karate chop attack. So, he should be able to fight very well in Smash Bros.

4. In the game Animal Crossing, the player can purchas an outfit called 'Kaffe's Shirt', which will let the character dress in Kafei's clothing. This should prove that Kafei is by no means a forgotton character, at least to Nintendo.

Really, I can't understand why anyone actually wants Darunia or others like him in. Darunia in OoT is about as important as the Happy Mask Salesman in MM. Really, when you weigh the facts, the scales are tipped in Kafei's favor.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No kidding. Why waste time with fricking little kid Kafei when you can have the I'm-pissed-off-so-I'm-going-to-slam-the-moon-into-the-Earth Skull Kid? There's no comparison.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
The problem with Impa is that there are too many variations. There's the Oracle Impa, the Sheikah Impa, and the old woman Impa from the NES LoZ titles. Probably a few that I don't even know about. No matter which one you picked somebody will complain about the choice.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
I had posted this in my own thred for Kafe, beceause I had thought it was origna; enough of an idea to not have to search. Sorry. I will put my stuff here.

I was playign a ROM of Majora's mask and found a way to play as Kafei and thought of it. It was awesome! He attacked with almost transparrent neddles much like a sword. I belive that, although all this is is another Zelda charcter idea, but I belive this is a cool charcter and has a unique weapon. He would be very fun to play with I belive.

Discuss?
I turned on a cheat that would allow me to attack anywere and used it when you became Kafei in Majoras mask. It looks like he it simply scratching the air, but it you hit something it makes a metal clank. This is probally just beceause it thought I was Link, but this is still a good idea.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I'll say what I think I've said before, as the second Kafei thread has once again sparked my utter hatred towards this idea. There is NOTHING special about Kafei. Nothing. He has no defining traits. He is a short guy who wears a mask. That's it. Yes, he's been playable, but no, he wasn't important or memorable.

And no, I'm not just saying this because I'm a huge supporter of Skull Kid. If I hated Skull Kid, I promise you, I'd still hate Kafei. Unless Sakruai pulls some weird trait completely out of his butt, Kafei would bring NOTHING new and innovative to the game at all.

Seth: I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Kafei cannot use "needles". Unless, of course, I'm remembering wrong...

Top Bottom