• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadano's controller mods (consistent shield drops, hybrid gate &more) (list with details and prices)

Karhu

Smash Rookie
Started a "conversation" with you about a controller request as well! Hope it went through okay and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for everything you do! You da best

OwenX

Smash Rookie
A2, A3, B2bLR, B4LR, B5LR, B6LR, B7Y, C = SW, D2a, E2
A2, A3, B2bLR, B4LR, B5LR, B6LR, B7Y, C = SB, D2a, E2

These are for: @SaltySethSSBM (twitter)

skips

Smash Rookie
(A3,B4LR,B5LR 60,B6LR 70,C = JP White,E2 (Canada)).

Same order as before. Thanks.

Last edited:

LL87

Smash Rookie
Could you please update this thread ? I sent you a pm 2 months ago and I'd like to know when you'll be able to start working on it :) Thanks

Red Alert

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure we've all been ghosted, boys. He's stopped acknowledging that this shop even exists.

-Kalas-

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure we've all been ghosted, boys. He's stopped acknowledging that this shop even exists.
I don't think this is true. Today I saw that he was checking this thread. He is most likely just slowly going through everyone, but it would be really nice if he would give us an update since a lot of people are holding off on buying a controller from somewhere else and waiting for kadano.

ThaQAtaQ

Smash Rookie
For the B7 Button Height mod, is the Y button height increasing or is the A button height decreasing?

How is this achieved?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
For the B7 Button Height mod, is the Y button height increasing or is the A button height decreasing?

How is this achieved?
The way I usually decrease the height of a button is by cutting it in half (horizontally). Then sanding down one of the halves further. Then gluing the two halves back together.

http://imgur.com/a/stD1t

Last edited:

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Hey there Mister Kadano,
I would like to order the following controller:
A0,A2b,A3,B4,B5,B7 (Y and A buttons), JP 2008 White, E1 Canada

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Is he still alive? Placed my order 4 months ago, still no reply.
I imagine he is incredibly busy with all the orders and other things he lives for; aside from just making controllers. My friend ordered one and had to wait up to 8 months. At this point I'm willing to wait 8 ~ 12 months for mine

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
The way I usually decrease the height of a button is by cutting it in half (horizontally). Then sanding down one of the halves further. Then gluing the two halves back together.

http://imgur.com/a/stD1t
That's a good idea. I have a secondary controller that I test out all interesting mods on before implementing them onto my main one, or I end up scrapping the mod altogether and replacing what I altered with spare parts.

Anyway, I tried sanding down my Y button to make multi-shines more consistent but the rough bottom actually made it more of a hassle. I might try to keep the idea alive by buying some really fine sandpaper, but having a factory bottom is ideal.

If you don't mind, how do you cleanly cut a button in half? Do you have access to a band saw?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
That's a good idea. I have a secondary controller that I test out all interesting mods on before implementing them onto my main one, or I end up scrapping the mod altogether and replacing what I altered with spare parts.

Anyway, I tried sanding down my Y button to make multi-shines more consistent but the rough bottom actually made it more of a hassle. I might try to keep the idea alive by buying some really fine sandpaper, but having a factory bottom is ideal.

If you don't mind, how do you cleanly cut a button in half? Do you have access to a band saw?

YumYumRice

Smash Rookie
A0, A3
B2bR. B5R, B6L70, B7Y,
C (Chars Red, will ship)
E2 Priority shipping email (angelpanfilo@gmail.com

Last edited:

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Before I go ruining a perfectly good jump button, I'm curious: how do the GC controller's buttons react to heat via lighter flame? Does applying heat to a rough, sanded button help make it smooth again? Not looking for as good as factory end, just a step up from what I've got.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
To make a smooth surface on plastic simply use fine grit sand paper and then after you're done sanding down simply use a piece of paper and use that in the same manner as the sand paper.
I won't recommend use a flame at all.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in buying maximum length wooden staves for my digital only triggers.

I currently play springless in both triggers with analog disabled by holding the triggers upon plugging in, but do you know how to disable analog completely without having to hold the triggers? I figure i'd need this if i install 0% analog wooden staves.

Dr. D

Smash Rookie
Hi Kadano, I would like to place an order for a controller.

A0 A2 A3 B4 B7y C=Smash White E2 (gonyoda@gmail.com) S2

Travkid

Smash Rookie
Indigo controller highly preferred, but Platinum is fine

A3 Sung/Axe shield drop notches

B1 spring removal for the right trigger, so I can wavedash with little/no finger strain on R, but still do light shield and hard shield with the L trigger

B5 B6 Click resistance for the left trigger for easier powershields and shorter spring (50-70% seems fine) for less finger strain

E2

In addition to this, are the metal support bars in the triggers included?

Please PM me on here so I can give you the shipping email and paypal information. Thank you Kadano.

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey guys,

I'm closing down for now. Not because I've stopped doing controller mods (I haven't), but because of the sheer volume of orders / requests. Apart from the people who wrote in this thread and/or sent me a PM, I've also had a lot of additional orders from people who had already ordered from me before and wanted to buy more modded controllers.
I'm working all by myself and don't know of anybody else who lives close enough to work together with me and whose skills I'd trust enough with that, so unfortunately I've been very far from able to respond to every request in real time.

I still want to serve each and every one of you. There have been quite a few cases of people who initially stated a request and then were not interested or didn't want to pay when I contacted them about now having the time to work on their controller. Because of this, to all those, who still want to order a controller from me and are willing and able to pay within two days of me sending them the invoice, please send me a PM (preferably as a reply to a previous conversation you've started) linking to your current mod request list.

I'm really sorry for having you kept waiting for so long! As a small compensation, I will give all of you who've been waiting since earlier than 2017-03-01 a 10€ discount on the service fee, lowering it from 20€ to 10€.

Please don't write further replies in this thread unless it's about giving feedback about the controller you've received from me. If you have questions about doing these mods yourself, this thread is the right place: http://smashboards.com/threads/tech...n-gamecubes-controllers-tvs-recording.335040/

I'll announce it here when I'll be able to take new orders from new customers again, but with the amount of requests (assuming that at least half of them still want them), it'll probably take about 8 months until then.

Last edited:

Dr. D

Smash Rookie
Hello Kadano, I have messaged you a few times and posted here I am still very interested in a controller. Here is my post from above -

Hi Kadano, I would like to place an order for a controller.

A0 A2 A3 B4 B7y C=Smash White E2 (gonyoda@gmail.com) S2

April 7 2017

TrebaxTV

Smash Rookie
I will open for new controllers again tomorrow, 2016-11-16, on 20:00 UTC. (20 hours from now.) Every order requested in this thread after this point of time or sent through a Smashboards PM will be added to the batch "2016 November 1" afterwards.

To prevent similarly long waiting lists in the future, I will not keep a general queue from now on, but only per-batch ones. Each controller in a batch will be shipped at once. One batch includes 20 orders and will be shipped on Thursday every week. One order may not include more than 4 controllers at this point.

People from the old queue in the original post still deserve to be served first.If they let me know that they still want their requested order, they will be added into the next open batch immediately.
The same is true for people who I've sold controllers to in the past that became faulty, repairing these has priority, of course.

Batch 2016 November 1 (will be shipped by 2016-11-24):
#|Player name|Mod list|Additional requests and details
1|PatSheezy / @TrenchFoot |(SW)| [shipped] Repair and servicing, from old queue
2| @chokingvictim3 | (PW)| [shipped] Repair and servicing, from old queue
3| @Kaoak | JP08 [A3 B4, B5L,B6L, S2b] | [shipped] Paid, from old queue
4| @Charlezard | SW+SB [A0,A3,B2b,B4LR,B6LR75,D2a,E2], shells swapped | [paid]
5| @ozymandy | SW [A0,A3,B4LR,B7Y]|Unpaid, from old queue
6| @Gahtzu | SB [A3,A6,B1R,B4LR,B5L]|Unpaid, new order (sent via PM)
7| TrailmonX | (same controller and mods as before)| [shipped] Paid, new order (sent via PM)
8| @wAwA | JP08 [A0,A3,B2b,B4LR,D2a],E2 | Unpaid, ( new order )
9| @levup | 1*SW,1*SB [A3,B4LR,B5R,S2b(SB only)],E2 | Unpaid, new order
10| @Geras | SW [A0,A3,B4LR,B6LR,S2],E2 | Consistent dash backs requested , but not mandatory
11| @Tipo mastr | SW [A0,A3,B2a,B4,B5L60,B6L75R50,B7Y] | Unpaid, new order
12| @-Spark- | (any controller with no snapback and high dash back) [A3,B2bL40R40,B3L,B4LR,B5L,B6LR,B7Y,D1,D2a,S2(+on C-stick if necessary) | Unpaid, new order
13| @DuckPimp | SW [A3,B4LR,B5LR,B6LR75],E2 | Unpaid, new order
14| TrebaxTV TrebaxTV | Undisclosed | Unpaid, new order
15| @Stijn | SW [A2,B2a],E8 | Unpaid, new order (sent via PM), Consistent dash backs requested, but not mandatory
16| @Drake_Azure | JP08 [A2,A3,B4LR (if necessary),B5LR,B6LR,D2a,S2?],E1 | Unpaid, new order (via PM)
17| @Comcom | SB [A0,A3,B5XYABR,B6R70,B7XY,S2],E8 | Unpaid, new order (via PM)
18| @R2DLIU | (any with good dash back) [A3] | Unpaid, new order , Tight sticks and consistent dash backs requested, if these are mandatory, order might be discarded (impossible for me to achieve right now)
19| @DiZZ | (any with very good dash back) [A3,(new triggers)] | Unpaid, new order (via PM), Consistent dash backs requested, if these are mandatory, order might be discarded (impossible for me to achieve right now)
20| @Flippy Flippersen | JP08 [A0,A3,B4],E8 | Unpaid, new order

Batch 2016 December 1 (will be shipped by 2016-12-01:

Batch 2016 December 2 (will be shipped by 2016-12-08:
Kadano Kadano im on the list of 20, can i still order and pay?

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Kadano Kadano i have an issue with my controller that makes the c stick hold a direction occasionally which makes me unable to aerial or fall from ledge. I was wondering if there's a way to make it reset to neutral better?

Beed

Smash Rookie
Hello Kadano Kadano ,
my brother and I live in Germany and we would like to order 2 Controller.

First controller:
A3,B4LR,B5LRZYBXA,B6LRZ,B7Y,S2,C=Smash White,E8

second Controller:
A3,B5LRZYBXA,B6LRZ,B7Y,C= Spice Orange,E8

Paypal: i sent you an PM

Greets,

Beed

Last edited:

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
Yeah just snap off the part of the trigger that hooks over the analog slider
I'm interested in buying maximum length wooden staves for my digital only triggers.

I currently play springless in both triggers with analog disabled by holding the triggers upon plugging in, but do you know how to disable analog completely without having to hold the triggers? I figure i'd need this if i install 0% analog wooden staves.

Fankriss

Smash Rookie
Hello Kadano Kadano , I would like to order a controller with these specifications:

A3, B4(Both Triggers), B5(Both Triggers), D2, S2 = Smash Black controller

Please contact me at ( Triplekaga2@gmail.com or send me a DM on here when you're able to start)

Thanks,

Fankriss

Top Bottom