• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K-Tourney #1- Fall Bash! (Tournament Schedule is Up!)

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
Hey hey, I'm back to the website! Soon of you may remeber me..or not. Anyways, to celebrate my returning, I decided to try hosting another tournament again! Hopefully this can be a lot of fun!

First off, there will be no prize this tournament. But the experience is good in my opinion, right? I hope to have prizes in the future!

Rules

.No Items!! (This includes Smash Balls)
.Please be respectful to me and your opponents! This is very important to make this fun for everybody!
.SHOW UP ON SCHEDULED DAY!!! I've had problems with this in the past!
.Umm... Just have fun, okay? Why would you sign-up if you weren't planning to?

How This Tournament Will Work:
So this is how the tourney will go. I want about ten people to enter, maybe more if this gets popular. Everyone will play each other once. Yes, you will play everyone. Depending on how you do in these matches you will receive "seeds." Only six people will get seeds, so the rest of the contestants will be eliminated. What are seeds? It will be easier to explain in an example:

Lets just say that you win all your matches and get the #1 seed. This will mean that you will automatically be in the semifinals of the tournament as a person who gets the sixth seed will have to play three matches and win before getting to the finals. Does this make a little more sense?

Each match will be the best out of three. The players will have three lives will no time limit. When you begin your match, pick the Final Destination Stage. When all three matches are played, both players need to IM me and tell me the winner. EVEN IF YOU LOSE, tell me. This is why: if you, the loser, im's me and not the winner, you'll automatically take the victory. Pretty cool, huh?

Day of Tourney

This will probably span over two weekends because of me having school and such. On the days of the tourney (Maybe Nov 7,8,14,15) you must IM me twenty minutes in advance to tell me your here and then get with your opponent to talk about who's hosting, etc. Please, abide by these rules as they are very important.

Sign-up sheet (Put this info or you will be denied)

SB name/ Brawl Name (Friend Code)/ Aim

Tourney Participants
1.) SamusBrawler/ DTP (FC: 3995-8553-8766)/ Aim: none (PM)
2.) Forte. exe/ Forte (FC: 3738-2236-8929)/ Aim: shademan9686
3.) Aryman / ARY (2106 1454 8676)/ aim: Aryman104
4.) Fatmanonice/FMOI (3007-7993-3724)/ AIM: none (PM)
5.) GFE/ GFE (4597-1153-9877)/ Aim: none (PM)
6.) Steel_Dragon/ captn (0345 0742 7982)/aim: hughieAKASteel
7.) N/A (My lil sis)/ LinkM (3866-7955-9053)/ aim: pokemongirl414
8.) cheap_josh/ cjosh (5112-3159-0491)/ aim: none (PM)
9.) ROBIE69IE/ ROB69 (2621-2306-8721)/ AIM : N/A (PM)
10.) SugarShiek33/ Bhawk (2277 8938 1620)/ aim: picklez11
11.) kingdom-triforce/ HDSHT (0903-4340-4762)/ AIM: none (PM)

Tournament Schedule

November 7
7:00: 2 vs 3, 6 vs 8, 5 vs 11, 4 vs 10, 1 vs 12, 7 vs 9
7:30: 11 vs 12, 8 vs 9, 1 vs 2, 4 vs 6, 5 vs 7, 3 vs 10

November 8
2:00: 1 vs 3, 4 vs 12, 11 vs 6, 7 vs 2, 10 vs 9, 8 vs 5
2:30: 7 vs 3, 1 vs 8, 4 vs 2, 10 vs 11, 5 vs 6, 9 vs 12
3:00: 2 vs 6, 1 vs 10, 7 vs 8, 9 vs 11, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 12
3:30: 3 vs 9, 4 vs 11, 5 vs 10, 1 vs 7, 6 vs 12, 8 vs 2

November 14

7:00: 1 vs 4, 7 vs 10, 5 vs 2, 9 vs 6, 8 vs 11, 12 vs 3
7:30: 1 vs 11, 7 vs 12, 4 vs 8, 5 vs 9, 2 vs 10, 3 vs 6

November 15
2:00: 10 vs 12, 2 vs 11, 8 vs 3, 5 vs 1, 4 vs 9, 6 vs 7
2:30: 3 vs 5, 7 vs 11, 8 vs 10, 1 vs 9, 2 vs 12
3:00: 1 vs 6, 4 vs 5, 3 vs 11, 8 vs 12, 2 vs 9
3:30: 6 vs 10, 4 vs 7, (Make-Up?), (Make-Up?), (Make-Up?), (Make-Up?)

Finals (Hopefully November 16) (The Numbers are the Number Seeds)
Round One: 4:00: 6 vs 5
Round Two: 4:15: 4 vs Winner Round #1
Round Three: 4:30: 1 vs Winner Round #2, 2 vs 3
Round Four: 4:50: Winners Of Both Matches From Round Three

Barge

All I want is a custom title
This is the 4th new tourney today.

Glyph, I second your motion.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I might join. This sounds like fun. and I had a similar idea for a tourney, except it was a round robin. Yeah go ahead and sign me up!

EDIT: (Forgot my info)

Brawl Name: DTP
FC: 3995-8553-8766
Aim: none

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I agree with cheap josh. PM's should at least be an option.

@FMOI, playing 15 people would take a while. This isn't a regular tourney. Hell playing 10 people is still alot, but it'll be fun :)

Hope this fills up!

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
I might join. This sounds like fun. and I had a similar idea for a tourney, except it was a round robin. Yeah go ahead and sign me up!

EDIT: (Forgot my info)

Brawl Name: DTP
FC: 3995-8553-8766
Aim: none
k, I'll add you!

I'll join if it's not so relying on IMs. What's wrong with pms?
There's nothing wrong with pms, just that they're not......instant. But they can work if they are needed. I'll put a link for people to download aim later if they want to.

Oh... sounds complicated... Do you just keep fighting until there is one person left? That could take awhile...
No, everyone fights each other and builds on their record. (Win: Lose: ) Depending on how they do, they can get a seed for the finals or be eliminated. It is all explained at the top.

And the tourney will most likely take two weekends so it don't take up the whole weekend and people can catch their breath (Everyone has to play a minimum of eighteen games. Everyone is playing each other and it is the best out 3)

GFE

Smash Journeyman
ill join GFE fc = 4597-1153-9877

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
ill join
SB Name Steel Dragon or Steel_Dragon not sure if it has an underslash
brawl name captn
FC. 0345 0742 7982
aim hughieAKASteel
characters Captain falcon mario and falco

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
To Forte. exe, Aryman, Fatmanonice, GFE, Steel_Dragon, cheap_josh: I'll add all of you guys. My sis is entering as well to get in some practice with good brawlers. She really wants to improve ^^

Update: The tourney will probably be the weekend of Nov 8 and Nov. 15. The time of the matches will be spanned out between Sat and Sun of each weekend and maybe Fri. night. The finals will all be in one day, probably Sunday of the second weekend. This date is unofficial and is subject to change, so try to be flexible, okay?

Keep the sign-ups coming! And if you guys have anymore questions, feel free to post them here. I'll be happy to answer any.

This is for anybody who wants to download aim. I recommend it since it is easier to communicate using it over pms. Link: http://dashboard.aim.com/aim

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
wow, more than a month later :laugh:

You know, people might forget they even joined this by that time. I recommend an earlier date OR I guess you can PM all the contestants a couple days prior to when this begins.

Just a suggestion :)

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
wow, more than a month later :laugh:

You know, people might forget they even joined this by that time. I recommend an earlier date OR I guess you can PM all the contestants a couple days prior to when this begins.

Just a suggestion :)
Honestly, I can't really do it at an earlier date, but I put it that far off for a reason. It'll give everyone plenty of time to look at their match times and we can switch it out and around enough to where it is good for anybody. I will hopefully get the match times up tomorrow. Because of the number of matches (I counted- 39), some of the games will be on Fri., Nov. 7 and 14, while most of them will be on Sat. Nov 8 and 15. I'm going to leave Sun. the 8th open to make up some games if needed and Sun the 15th will be the day of the finals. Hopefully this isn't confusing anybody!

To ROBIE69IE and SugarShiek33: I'll add both of you guys.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Honestly, I can't really do it at an earlier date, but I put it that far off for a reason. It'll give everyone plenty of time to look at their match times and we can switch it out and around enough to where it is good for anybody. I will hopefully get the match times up tomorrow. Because of the number of matches (I counted- 39), some of the games will be on Fri., Nov. 7 and 14, while most of them will be on Sat. Nov 8 and 15. I'm going to leave Sun. the 8th open to make up some games if needed and Sun the 15th will be the day of the finals. Hopefully this isn't confusing anybody!

To ROBIE69IE and SugarShiek33: I'll add both of you guys.
Ok, I probably won't forget, I hope. Like I said before, I like the idea of this tourney so I actually want to be in it.

and I might convince my brother to join, I want to see him in a tourney with me :)

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
Ill join anyways
5284 3377 5176
I need your brawl name and you aim if you have one

Ok, I probably won't forget, I hope. Like I said before, I like the idea of this tourney so I actually want to be in it.

and I might convince my brother to join, I want to see him in a tourney with me :)
I'll let your brother join, but he'll be the last one to enter. I'm going to try to make the match times tonight. I've already attempted to do it once, but I screwed up mega bad and left out challenger 9 a lot lol.

Sign-ups are Closed!!

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
I'll give this a shot...

SB Name: kingdom-triforce
Brawl Name: HDSHT
FC: 0903-4340-4762
AIM: none

Edit: Whoops, srry. I posted this before I read the last post. Srry bout that. ._.'

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I need your brawl name and you aim if you have one

I'll let your brother join, but he'll be the last one to enter. I'm going to try to make the match times tonight. I've already attempted to do it once, but I screwed up mega bad and left out challenger 9 a lot lol.

Sign-ups are Closed!!
I asked my brother and he said he would be busy in November, so nvm :)

EDIT: Sorry I didn't respond sooner. ONE SPOT STILL OPEN!

GFE

Smash Journeyman
cant i start my matches earlier? just to get them out the way u kno just a suggestion,like i can play most of my matches and post my wins or loses
if yes bring it on everybody im gonna add everyone 2day
by nov 7 or so ill be done with all of my matches. so what do u say??

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
Hey, I was wondering. How are we going to be contacted about the schedule?
I'm going to post the schedule up shortly, unless you want to go with GFE's idea.

cant i start my matches earlier? just to get them out the way u kno just a suggestion,like i can play most of my matches and post my wins or loses
if yes bring it on everybody im gonna add everyone 2day
by nov 7 or so ill be done with all of my matches. so what do u say??

I'm guessing that would be alright, but both contestants need to post who won or lost or it won't be clear. It is easy to say that you beat this other contestant when you really didn't right? But the finals will all be in one day in Nov (most likely the 15th) just to keep it a little more organized, kay?

If you do one of your matches early, then I'll remove your match from the schedule and you'll get a break for that half an hour. If you're confused, then check out the roster I'm going to post momentarly.

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
Guys, I apologize for taking so long. Long story short, It took me awhile to write the tournament out, then I lost the paper with the Tourney on it, then it took me awhile to find time to type it out. Once again, I'm sorry!

If you would like to do your match now, then contact the player and you may do it before the tournament starts. Before you do it, I have to hear from both players that you're going to do the match. Then afterwards I need to hear who won. If I don't hear from somebody they either do not get their points or their opponent wins. The reason I want to hear beforehand is to prevent people from posting saying that they won and this person lost and causing a huge mess.

Post any questions you may have. :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Nearly forgot about this tourney. Hope nothing comes up on the tourney date.

*bump?*

Top Bottom