• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've already checked out the new thread, but is there another new K. Rool thread you guys are talking about that requires an invite? (Sorry, this thread is all I've contributed to, so I dont really quite get how other things work around here :p) Thanks, Kutthroats!
The thread you've visited is in a social group that requires an invite in order for notifications of new replies, being tagged, and so on, to work properly. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So "support" is defined as ballot voting now? Didn't use to be during the times before SSB4's release and the announcement of the ballot. Back then it was also pretty much a non-factor, as the roster had already been decided before development began and DLC was "not in the cards". But that didn't matter, cause we don't need a concrete opportunity to affect the game in order to support an idea of something happening. And that wasn't the only purpose of character threads, anyway:

"Making character discussions is the biggest part of this forum. Users can create threads to support certain characters, and speculate how they'd work out. "

Forcing everyone into social groups feels like character support/speculation is being swept under the rug, honestly. Better than "wiped out entirely" but still rather pointless in my opinion. Groups are way more inclusive anyway, you can already see a lot of people asking for invites.
The difference there was that the game itself wasn't out yet, so the focus of the Smash 4 boards were different.

The game is out now, and yes, discussion of the game itself is more important to the site than character speculation at this point in time. The entire reason the character boards were reopened post-Mewtwo reveal was due to the possibility of more DLC being added and support having a legitimate use. Now that the ballot's done, character speculation no longer has a place on the main forums which are focused on the core game, in its current state.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll feel free to invite any remaining Kuttthroat while the clock ticks. Dangeraaron is definitely one to start with since he had been quiet lately.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Some of you guys are making a much bigger deal of moving to a social group than is necessary, I think...
Nothing wrong with being a little sentimental about leaving a place, imo.

Though the section closing was inevitable.

"Making character discussions is the biggest part of this forum. Users can create threads to support certain characters, and speculate how they'd work out. "
Tell me, what was the last time we're talking about K. Rool the character himself? The last time was around the time Smashfied made the artwork, I'd say.

Although this thread admittedly was a bit more on-topic than average, most of the section was only tangentially on topic for the most part.

After the mii costumes were revealed, all hell broke loose and the entire section was far more focused on just leaks and rumours, which wasn't the intended purpose of the section. The Twitter rumours also crumbling was the last straw.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Remember guys, the invite notification is badly worded - it tells you to click the link to accept the invite, but fails to mention that you must click an additional button once you get there. It's over at the top of the right-hand sidebar. If you don't click it, notifications of activity you're following within the social group won't work properly, or in some cases, at all.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
This was certainly something to come back to.
Sorry that I called it by like a good 20 hours.
Does this mean I'm a leaker now?
Because if so I'm ready to ruin my credibility by making something up with an arbitrary deadline and just blame my source when it's not true.

....Too soon?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I will take a invitation to the group

I will always by a kuthrot pirate till the end of dlc for smash 4

Oh and 3ds XL just had a comerical smash Bros for the holiday season.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Could I get an invite too? I've been lurking these threads for so long, that it would be weird having no K. Rool board to go to.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Remember guys, the invite notification is badly worded - it tells you to click the link to accept the invite, but fails to mention that you must click an additional button once you get there. It's over at the top of the right-hand sidebar. If you don't click it, notifications of activity you're following within the social group won't work properly, or in some cases, at all.
What about if you're on mobile like I am?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What about if you're on mobile like I am?
I don't have an active invite to test this with, unfortunately.

The spot where the button appears is above the social group's members list, which on mobile appears at the very bottom of the page. I somehow doubt that's where the button would be in such an instance, though.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
The difference there was that the game itself wasn't out yet, so the focus of the Smash 4 boards were different.

The game is out now, and yes, discussion of the game itself is more important to the site than character speculation at this point in time. The entire reason the character boards were reopened post-Mewtwo reveal was due to the possibility of more DLC being added and support having a legitimate use. Now that the ballot's done, character speculation no longer has a place on the main forums which are focused on the core game, in its current state.
That sounds kinda elitist to me, until DLC is declared done, there will always be speculation, thus a need for the character forums, it's as much a part of smash as is the competitive side

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That sounds kinda elitist to me, until DLC is declared done, there will always be speculation, thus a need for the character forums, it's as much a part of smash as is the competitive side
The site has its roots in metagame development and competitive discussion. Speculation has always been secondary to that, as far as the site's mission is concerned.

As stated above, the various character support threads have devolved mostly into their own social threads, which is problematic. However, the move to Social Groups mitigates this issue.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
so let me get this straight.. according to mods this is not viable for front page status.... Wow that has provided such clarification for me, better make room for articles that matter and are 100% relevant to smash, you know, like soap operas about sore thumb johns and which "pro" cheats this week. Gotta prioritize I guess. Waiting until the ballot was publicized would have at least made the "gotta move due to relevancy" excuse a hell of a lot more viable. Hell, I am not even that mad about the actual move, we are a resilient group of supporters, but it's the premise of lame excuses I hear that solidifies my first statement about this site being ultra political. I have yet to see evidence that contradicts my theories.

Honestly, these same politics pushed me away from being a T/O and a competitive player. Bunch of whiny bull**** jargon.

But..

I do come back for this thread (and now the new one). I have wanted K.Rool in this game so badly for so long, like the rest of you.

Last edited:
Just saying. It would be a hell of a lot easier to know people need invites if you tag me/Azure/pokemanspika/other mods with invite powers

I'll send them
I actually agree with the mods. This area has become less than satisfactory.

Reminder: If you just got an invite or think you accepted the invite but not showing up on the right there is a second button you need to click.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think the only convincing reason given to lock this section is the concern about the off topic conversations. Even then, it seems overly rigid. A lot of the "off topic" material (discussions of rumors, for example) is still related to the character themselves, even if indirectly. They might change the circumstances or expectation that a certain character will be included or not. There's also a community aspect: It's different to discuss these things in neutral spaces versus with your fellow character supporters. I think the difference is one worthwhile in noting and preserving; I don't think it's a bad thing.

As for the character speculation not being the site's priority, it is what it is I suppose. It is a strange position to take, however, when a large part of the community is waiting for and has been discussing the topic for months. Stranger still when this discussion will take center stage soon enough. In that sense, the decision seems out of touch.

Of course, we are still getting a character thread. That's good. It's unfortunate, however, that now one has to log in to even view the new thread/subsection. That sounds like it will generally discourage visiting.

I know there are a lot of lurkers in this thread, too. If you haven't already, you should follow us @BringBackKRool on twitter. If you don't feel like joining, follow K. Rool news there.

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
I would like an invite to the group as well. Gotta stick up for the characters I believe in.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd love an invite, really gonna miss this thread..
I would like to be invited whenever you get the chance, kinda disappointing the character threads are getting the boot.
I would like an invite to the group as well. Gotta stick up for the characters I believe in.
I would love an invite to the group. Gonna really miss this thread though.
When you come back from school and this shows up in your inbox

If you haven't been invited already, just tag me or PM me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Top Bottom