• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I reckon that's when we'll likely be getting news.
Nah, it really has to happen this month at this point. And now its so close to November it doesn't really matter that much if the news is this month. Whatever Direct could potentially happen would definitely cover this Holiday season (about 4 games and probably DLC for three different games), the new DeNA game, Pokemon Go, and the rest for 2016. We'd probably get a Zelda U trailer, too.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I don't know if i should be saying this, but i have noticed the absence of @Wintropy in this thread for quite a few days.

Anyway i dcided to bring more questions because god knows we gotta keep this thread talk interesing.

1.If you had to make a DKC RPG, ¿What would the story and setting be like?
2.If they made a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing, ¿What would you like to see added? (aside from the obvious K.Rool inclusion)
3.Out of all the Nintendo villains out there, ¿Who do you think K.Rool would get along with?
4.If you had to give K.Rool superpowers, ¿What kind of powers would you give him?
5.¿How evil do you think K.Rool is?
6.If K.Rool had to share his trailer with some newcomer who isn't a DK character, ¿Who would you choose?
1.Not sure, but I would rather it to be a canon story rather than a meta story and I'd want K Rool to be the final final boss not an RPG Bowser.
2.I'm not much of a Diddy Kong Racing fan.
3. I don't think he'd get along with any of them really, is there anyone in the DK series he gets along with?
4.He's kind of already got superpowers, he can turn invisible, has incredible durability and has super speed and strength.
5.9.5/10
6.Ridley or other villains

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I don't know if i should be saying this, but i have noticed the absence of @Wintropy in this thread for quite a few days.

Anyway i dcided to bring more questions because god knows we gotta keep this thread talk interesing.

2.If they made a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing, ¿What would you like to see added? (aside from the obvious K.Rool inclusion)
3.Out of all the Nintendo villains out there, ¿Who do you think K.Rool would get along with?
4.If you had to give K.Rool superpowers, ¿What kind of powers would you give him?
6.If K.Rool had to share his trailer with some newcomer who isn't a DK character, ¿Who would you choose?
1. I've always wanted a new mario rpg with DK as a party member. If DK island could be a part of the game K rool would be a great boss and part of the main antagonist's team.
2. i always wanted to play as Taj the elephant
3. Dont think he'd get along with any of the villains, he's too much of a schemer.
4. Laser beams, but only out of his bloodshot eye.
5. above bowser in evilness for sure, but not ridley or ganondorf level.

6. Bandanna dee. I can imagine the trailer starting in Dedede's castle, with dedede sitting on his throne all lazy and what not until the castle starts to shake. Sudenly the flying krock's head bursts through the walls knocking Dedede out of his chair and onto his bum, all the awhile dedede's minions of waddle dees and waddle doos surround him ready to protect. A door opens on the flying krock's head, spilling out the Kremlings Krew. out of the smoke we see a figure emerge from the Flying krock, starting from his feet the camera pans up to reveal King K. Rool with a blunderbluss on his shoulder. *insert king k rool somethings something character text here*. Then both armies stare each other down before k rool lets out a yell for his army attack, and dedede holds his hammer forward for his army attack. then both army charge towards each other before it cuts to gameplay *insert awesome k Rool game play here, plus gameplay of him beating the crap out of Dedede*

While fighting between kremlings and waddle dees take place in the background, it then shows Dedede Knocked over and defeated, with K Rool standing over him aiming his blunderbuss. Right before he fires, a spear hits his blunderbuss messing up the kannonball's trajectory. K rool looks over his shoulder annoyed to see a lone waddle dee face him. Bandana dee then spins his spear around and *insert Bandana somethings something character text here and some cool bandana dee gameplay footage* after this bandana dee helps prop dedede back onto his feet and all 3 of the get ready to fight again before the trailer fades to black.

1. Don't know, I might add something later to this post.
2. DK and Cranky, at least.
3. Ridley
4. Invulnerablity (did I spell it right?)
5. More than Bowser, less than Ridley and Ganondorf.
6. Bandana Dee.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Gosh, I forgot that the ds version even existed. Anybody here played it, how was it?
It's better than it gets credit for, and has some extra tracks not in the N64 original (some of which are brilliantly designed for time trials), but it unfortunately retains a fair bit of the original's unfairness, though unlike the original, this is mostly concentrated around the latter third of the game, rather than throughout.

The multi-player is brilliant, too, but you have to effectively unlock it by completing the entire game (tracks don't appear in the multi-player mode until you beat them in Adventure), which almost drove me to insanity due to how some of the bosses cheat so much - it was worth it, though, as it supports up to eight players from the one cartridge. :laugh:

I couldn't face Adventure 2, though, so I never did unlock Wizpig. But I don't care, because I don't like him anyway. :p

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

I may not especially care for these two in any great deal but I hope they at least look like themselves.

-Mostly finished off Rosie (Trying to work within certain parameters, like a softer colour palette, is harder than I thought it would be. But my usual work method of "tweak it till you're happy" works fine enough.)
-Brightened up and finished K. Rool's arms and belly.
-Messed around with the colours on K. Rool in general to try and keep it consistent.

Rosalina's hair may look a bit fuller than usual but I tried to keep the kind of "close for comfort" feel constant. Figured the best way to do that was make her hair a bit bushy when compressed. Makes it a bit more "real" when compared to Mario aesthetics I guess.

Probably will make a start on Palutena next before finishing up the bear hug. Get a foothold on things. (I have everything planned out in my head, a complete picture. A fair bit to get through but it shouldn't take me a year this time. :p )

( Roaring Salsa Roaring Salsa Sorry for the wait. Not done yet obviously. Been busy. Part-life, part-fatigue, part-Omega Ruby.)

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I think it's time for more questions again:
1-Did you watched the cartoon back when it first aired?
2-Did you always knew that K.Rool was a popular Smash choice in Japan?
3-What would be your reaction if K.Rool was playable in Mario Kart 9?
4-What are you going to do when Smash 4 speculation/character DLC is over?
1. I'm 27 and just found out it existed last year. I watched a few episodes and I can tell it would have been amazing to see as a child but it was miserable to watch as an adult.
2. I did not know K. Rool was popular in Japan, however I remember thinking "Why isn't he in Smash?" the first time I ever got his Trophy in Melee. Glad to hear he's just as popular there as he is here.
3. I'd be pleased! I was disappointed that Diddy & Funky weren't in MK8. It made Donkey Kong seem alone and out of place... Diddy, Funky, K. Rool, Dixe & Cranky should all be in Mario Kart because why the heck not?
4. As much as I want to know who's going to make the cut, I will certainly miss the speculating days. I will probably focus my attention on other future games (Zelda Wii U if that ever happens), the NX... and then one day I'll come back to Smash Boards... perhaps when Sma5h is announced!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572

I may not especially care for these two in any great deal but I hope they at least look like themselves.

-Mostly finished off Rosie (Trying to work within certain parameters, like a softer colour palette, is harder than I thought it would be. But my usual work method of "tweak it till you're happy" works fine enough.)
-Messed around with the colours on K. Rool in general to try and keep it consistent.

Rosalina's hair may look a bit fuller than usual but I tried to keep the kind of "close for comfort" feel constant. Figured the best way to do that was make her hair a bit bushy when compressed. Makes it a bit more "real" when compared to Mario aesthetics I guess.

Probably will make a start on Palutena next before finishing up the bear hug. Get a foothold on things. (I have everything planned out in my head, a complete picture. A fair bit to get through but it shouldn't take me a year this time. :p )

( Roaring Salsa Roaring Salsa Sorry for the wait. Not done yet obviously. Been busy. Part-life, part-fatigue, part-Omega Ruby.)
Looking great, Bellboy! Keep up the awesome work!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It was one of the launch-window releases.

Please do both of these things. It'll be something K. Rool-related to read about! :laugh:

I wouldn't do this - I dislike RPGs because I don't find them to be fun or mechanically interesting. Trying to imagine one isn't something that I can do. :laugh:

Online multi-player, mainly. I would also remove the unnecessary repetition and unfairness. (I've always wanted to see a sequel because this marred the game for me, and I want to see its potential properly lived up to.)

I don't think he'd get along with anyone. Pretending to get along with them so that he could leverage their skills, though, I could see, and I'd imagine that he'd try that with anybody who doesn't know his true intentions, be they evil themselves or not. :laugh:

Probably the generic standby of super-strength, as he's already muscular.

Pretty damn evil. We know why he stole DK's Banana Hoard, we saw him hitting DK with his blunderbuss and pelting him with cannonballs, he used DK and Diddy to power a giant robot, and there's what he did in DK64, as well.

I'd choose Bandana Waddle Dee. He's my other ballot pick, and seeing as he's Dedede's bodyguard, he could probably fit into a "clash of kings" sort of trailer. :p
I only remember the last game in the series on a Nintendo platform was a semi-expansion for Sims 2 called Sims 2:Castaway, but I don't remember 3.

Also, here's some Strawpolls that are based off of the current rumors we've been getting as of recent.
http://strawpoll.me/5784472
http://strawpoll.me/5784488
http://strawpoll.me/5784497
http://strawpoll.me/5784505

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, empty news drought is empty. I kinda hope we will be getting anything character-related soon. This is getting a little weird.

I fear that a lot of casuals have already moved on from SSB4, especially since there's really nothing to do solo here. That means DLC will sell poorly, so they'll move on too. Gee Ninty, at least give us something to hype us up...

Anyway, more questions...:)
  1. I've not really played much DK series, but I've always liked gritty and dark. I don't know how well the DK series would translate into that though.
  2. I can't play racing games to save my life. I only got Mario Kart 8 for the Link DLC.
  3. Bowser. The two are pretty similar in many ways, so I think they'd make a great team. But this thread has also given me the headcanon that K.Rool and Ridley are BFF.
  4. HULK SMASH!
  5. Middle-of-the-road. More so than Bowser, but nowhere near the level of Ganondorf. K.Rool seems a bit too comical to be taken seriously - he's big in the whole "giant death ray with obvious weakness" villainy, at least imo.
  6. Dixie would be obvious, but honestly to me there's no choice but Ridley, now that the two of them are BFF. And both deserve to be in Smash

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields

Looking great as always. Don't worry; take your time :)

It's just that since I haven't been in this thread for a while, I thought I had missed on your art

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
It was one of the launch-window releases.

Please do both of these things. It'll be something K. Rool-related to read about! :laugh:

I wouldn't do this - I dislike RPGs because I don't find them to be fun or mechanically interesting. Trying to imagine one isn't something that I can do. :laugh:

Online multi-player, mainly. I would also remove the unnecessary repetition and unfairness. (I've always wanted to see a sequel because this marred the game for me, and I want to see its potential properly lived up to.)

I don't think he'd get along with anyone. Pretending to get along with them so that he could leverage their skills, though, I could see, and I'd imagine that he'd try that with anybody who doesn't know his true intentions, be they evil themselves or not. :laugh:

Probably the generic standby of super-strength, as he's already muscular.

Pretty damn evil. We know why he stole DK's Banana Hoard, we saw him hitting DK with his blunderbuss and pelting him with cannonballs, he used DK and Diddy to power a giant robot, and there's what he did in DK64, as well.

I'd choose Bandana Waddle Dee. He's my other ballot pick, and seeing as he's Dedede's bodyguard, he could probably fit into a "clash of kings" sort of trailer. :p
LOL cool Avatar picture ^^
Tortilla Noggin

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

Anyway i decided to bring more questions because god knows we gotta keep this thread talk interesting.

1. It would probably be about DK and Diddy trying to take down another enemy. I'd like it if they introduced new characters besides kongs to help and had Dixie and even K. Rool join. K. Rool joins just to get back the kremlings on his side.
2. I'd love to see (besides Banjo returning) Funky Kong join in. IDk why, but I loved playing as him in Mario Kart Wii and I think that he would fit the light hearted mood of the game.
3. I'm not sure, but I would love if he got along with Bowser in a sorta rivalry way.
4. The ability to give us a new DK game with him and the kremlings.
5. Pretty evil, considering how he treats his krew and wanted the kongs to starve to death.
6. I'd choose (probably not going to happen) Banjo-Kazooie, seeing how they are both rareware creations.

Guess what Projared did a video on?
Finally. After he said in the MK cartoons video he would do this show, I have been waiting for it.

Also, thanks for the responses from Rueckkoppler Rueckkoppler and Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , I will do the mod review/moveset. It will be a couple of weeks, since I have alot of other stuff to do and finding the accurate damage on all the moves will take some time, but expect it.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It seems rogersbase has called out a few of the people talking about the announcement they had mentioned and didnt like how they were treating it as a smash one. They also seem to be starting to mistrust their source a bit as he is surprised the announcement wasnt made yet. From what he was saying too it likely wouldnt be a general direct either.
So it's likely we might not get any smash news out of it if the announcement even happens it seems.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It seems rogersbase has called out a few of the people talking about the announcement they had mentioned and didnt like how they were treating it as a smash one. They also seem to be starting to mistrust their source a bit as he is surprised the announcement wasnt made yet. From what he was saying too it likely wouldnt be a general direct either.
So it's likely we might not get any smash news out of it if the announcement even happens it seems.
According to him, it was a Splatoon Direct with possible Smash News at the end. Considering everything else we've heard that's been teased and leaked, there's no way in hell they'd do a Splatoon Direct right now. There's no logical reason for it. A general Nintendo Direct is certainly pretty damn likely, but Splatoon? Where the hell did that come from?

The game released 5 months ago and any new content they add wouldn't be enough to justify a full Nintendo Direct for it. Octolings would be hype in a general Direct, but there's not enough they could possibly announce in a Splatoon Direct at this point in time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
According to him, it was a Splatoon Direct with possible Smash News at the end. Considering everything else we've heard that's been teased and leaked, there's no way in hell they'd do a Splatoon Direct right now. There's no logical reason for it. A general Nintendo Direct is certainly pretty damn likely, but Splatoon? Where the hell did that come from?

The game released 5 months ago and any new content they add wouldn't be enough to justify a full Nintendo Direct for it. Octolings would be hype in a general Direct, but there's not enough they could possibly announce in a Splatoon Direct at this point in time.
So, are you saying you think Roger's prediction for an announcement could still be Smash related?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Looking great as always. Don't worry; take your time :)

It's just that since I haven't been in this thread for a while, I thought I had missed on your art
Cheers.:) Same here. I've been gone a while too.*
Speaking of time it's 20:12 where I live right now. That little window to capture Uxie is open... (I wish GameFreak would just drop all pretense and just give us a region-spanning super-Pokemon-game already. There's almost every legendary ever made in this game!)

I've had an interesting few weeks. I get the urge to pick up Twilight Princess again and when I get to the penultimate dungeon area "City in the Sky" GAF breaks the rumour of Twilight Princess HD which is a fantastic idea. The game is underrated in my opinion- there's a lot to appreciate in the game.
I ended up abandoning my playthrough because the One Punch Man anime is a thing. The manga is a precious gift to me (one of "I'm so lucky to live in a world where this exists" kind of things) and the anime is an almost panel for panel adaptation which is just fantastic. So great. I've had the OP on loop for a few days straight.

And then Omega Ruby... I deleted my save game and started anew (I'd reached Dewford prior but abandoned it thereafter... I was salty Sableye wasn't in the cave nearby like in Emerald. But luckily Spiritomb can be caught in this game in fun/creepy sequence so he's my replacement with same typing. No BS capture method this time either!)
Anyway. Capturing as many legendaries as a solo game will allow an then I'll sweep the Elite Four as I will be overlevelled. (Manectric is Lvl 61 for goodness sake!)

For ****s and giggles, my team:
Manectric, Waillord, Latios (replacing my usual Swellow), Spiritomb (replacing Mightyena, my fallback Poke), Flygon and Blaziken.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

1. If AlphaDream is the development team, we can expect a new villain and K. Rool providing some comic relief. The setting would probably be similar to the games, but the story and villain would likely be wacky and creative.
2. More crocodiles and apes, for a start.
3. No one. He's not the type to get along with anyone.
4. Super-strength? Mad science?
5. Only below Ganondorf and Ridley.
6. Inklings... Squids and crocodiles... Kracken... <insert Pirates of the Caribbean reference> I know it's a stretch, lol

K. Rool and Lucina's expressions are priceless. Rosalina looks stoic, but I suppose that's fitting. :laugh: Impressive as always. :)

:231:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, are you saying you think Roger's prediction for an announcement could still be Smash related?
Roger himself said it was, because he said it was a Splatoon Direct with possible Smash news at the end. I, however, think his source is bunk, because I see no logical reason for us to get a Splatoon Direct. There's no reason whatsoever for it.

Also, SeanHicksART probably had the same info, since what he said is that the next Smash character will be revealed soon and it would be "obvious" once a certain announcement happened. Namely, a Splatoon Direct, since simply getting a Nintendo Direct wouldn't make it obvious what "Smash" character we've gotten.

If we get a general Nintendo Direct, though, a Smash character will probably be announced in it. And regardless of these so-called "leaks" the odds are still good of getting one very soon. Unless Pokemon Company announced their Pokemon Go info without us getting a Direct. If that happens the chances of getting a Direct this month are slim-to-none. Until it happens, though, the odds are still strong.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Roger himself said it was, because he said it was a Splatoon Direct with possible Smash news at the end. I, however, think his source is bunk, because I see no logical reason for us to get a Splatoon Direct. There's no reason whatsoever for it.

Also, SeanHicksART probably had the same info, since what he said is that the next Smash character will be revealed soon and it would be "obvious" once a certain announcement happened. Namely, a Splatoon Direct, since simply getting a Nintendo Direct wouldn't make it obvious what "Smash" character we've gotten.

If we get a general Nintendo Direct, though, a Smash character will probably be announced in it. And regardless of these so-called "leaks" the odds are still good of getting one very soon. Unless Pokemon Company announced their Pokemon Go info without us getting a Direct. If that happens the chances of getting a Direct this month are slim-to-none. Until it happens, though, the odds are still strong.
Still, we haven't even gotten any news on any Direct today yet, and Tuesdays are usually when Directs are announced. Man, these "leaks"...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So the Strawpoll is still talking place, Inkling's in the lead, of course. (Poor Captain Toad)

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Well, empty news drought is empty. I kinda hope we will be getting anything character-related soon. This is getting a little weird.

I fear that a lot of casuals have already moved on from SSB4, especially since there's really nothing to do solo here. That means DLC will sell poorly, so they'll move on too. Gee Ninty, at least give us something to hype us up...
I actually never thought about that. Most people I know haven't played smash 4 in months since the last dlc pack with Ryu. even then, they are big smash fans so they will most likely play it once they actually announce something. I am still playing smash bros, but it is brawl (project m to be exact). Really, if they don't announce anything in the next month or two, I'll probably move on form smash 4 for a while.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Im definitely on the fence on whether we would get info soon or not. There is a lot to be talked about so a more general direct does make sense despite rogers source apparently having mentioned it being a splatoon announcement with an obvious smash character hint.
It could be that maybe they originally had just a splatoon announcement planned and later decided to move it into a more general direct? It could maybe explain why the dates later than expected

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
By the way, is there a general "Nintendo Direct When"-thread on Smashboards? Where people are free to mourn about the lack of news all the time? Because that's what I need.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'm with others who are saying a Splatoon-Direct would be illogical. Why would it warrant a whole direct for itself? Besides maybe playable Octolings, there would need to be some big changes as well. Plus, with Pokemon Go info coming this month, it makes much more sense to have a general direct.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

1. Bananas are stolen from the Kongs, because it's kind of hard for me at this point to picture a game without that, ahaha. Add spiritual entities to the mix, with bold and flamboyant personalities for each, and then set the game in the jungle, with brief afterlife/spirit world chapters. Kremlings play minor supporting roles when the specters reach Crocodile Isle.
  2. The ability to dismount from your vehicle mid-race and in any over worlds. I admit part of this comes from my love of Kirby Air Ride, but I feel it could be fun. Also a subterranean and a submarine vehicle would round out the group nicely.
  3. I think K. Rool would associate nicely only with one of the more feeble-minded villains, whom he could manipulate to do his dirty work/general chores of being King or fighting the Kongs/other foes to conquest. That, or Wario, assuming he can still be qualified as antagonistic. The two seem quite similar and are both childhood favorites of mine which totally has nothing in the world to do with it nope not at all sir/madam.
  4. Telekinesis. Just slap a comically bulging and veiny cranium alongside his comically bulging and veiny eye; what more can you ask for? Plus, it goes with his... "eccentricity", in my opinion.
  5. Evil is a very subjective term; you can be abhorrent to one group and loved by another, and one seldom ever thinks of themselves as evil. Evil is something I view as moral or personal corruption rather than, well, evil, but I'm getting off track, so regardless, K. Rool is mentally unstable, declining further and further over time, not evil.
  6. In my opinion, it would be hilarious to see Bomberman throw/place a bomb into K. Rool's musket and explode it like the old days. That, of course, is loosely following leaks, though. I'd like to suggest more, but I'm drawing a blank ATM, so that will come later.
The drought.....how much longer could it last...they must not deny us the Return of the KING!!!

Yes, I know this is technically revenge of the King, but I couldn't resist haha.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeahhhhhhh...

I don't think we'll be getting a Direct announced today. Quite a shame.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Da next de el see character iz goku, samurai told me so, we'll git a direct on da 32nd on january...

But really, I'm hoping the next direct we have (whatever it may be) will have a ****on info about new games.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Not very surprised that this leak stuff turned out to be fake, I was 90% everyone was making up nonsense for attention anyway before RogersBase started backpedaling like crazy. His fault for trying to get big with a bunch of new followers and playing on the drought of information. If his source was wrong he should have stayed quiet anyway and if he was lying (he was) then he's an ass.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Not very surprised that this leak stuff turned out to be fake, I was 90% everyone was making up nonsense for attention anyway before RogersBase started backpedaling like crazy. His fault for trying to get big with a bunch of new followers and playing on the drought of information. If his source was wrong he should have stayed quiet anyway and if he was lying (he was) then he's an ***.
When did roger backpedal? And from what I am aware of he trusted his source fully up till now and just recently started having doubts.
Im confused why roger is being thrown under the bus so much with this rather than all the others who were playing the, "I know I know" game

Top Bottom