• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
After a long time Im back and I got bad news. You remember the employee of Nintendo that knows who gets in Smash? Well it is NOT Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf. It doesn't say anything about K Rool except one thing in this message. The characters gets in Smash together with his stage and both have to do with stealth and K Rool has NOTHING to do with stealth.....so he's out.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/1...e-knows-who-next-smash-bros-dlc-character-is/

(edit: I read its ACCORDING to stealth which is some dude....so forget this post)

Last edited:

jranks

Smash Cadet
Honestly, King K. Rool has the best chance of any 1st party newcomers. He's popular in the US and Japan, so I wouldn't worry too much about if he has a chance.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I swear this riddle is going to drive me up a wall. Every time I make a speculation, a single one of those points kills it.
Bomberman? Fits well with that other leak that has yet to be disproven, he's a newcomer who would totally get a stage bundled, annnnnd he's not first party he's off the list.
Wolf? He also fits the other leak's bill, and could get a stage bundled with him to promote SF Zero. Not to mention he's first party aaaand not a newcomer plus Stealth would have apparently hung himself if it was him so he's off the list.
K. Rool? He fits almost everything, except for one small detail that we may not be interpreting correctly. That small detail is him not having been a ballot winner. Now, honestly, that's silly to think about. K. Rool has been proven to be topping the charts in the ballot... But what if Stealth didn't mean that the character wasn't on top of the ballot, but rather was being worked on before the ballot ended? Think about how well that fits for K. Rool. The time frame is perfect for him, and it would make sense as to why they had such a good model to use for the costume. The stars are aligned magnificently for the kroc if you think of it that way.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I swear this riddle is going to drive me up a wall. Every time I make a speculation, a single one of those points kills it.
Bomberman? Fits well with that other leak that has yet to be disproven, he's a newcomer who would totally get a stage bundled, annnnnd he's not first party he's off the list.
Wolf? He also fits the other leak's bill, and could get a stage bundled with him to promote SF Zero. Not to mention he's first party aaaand not a newcomer plus Stealth would have apparently hung himself if it was him so he's off the list.
K. Rool? He fits almost everything, except for one small detail that we may not be interpreting correctly. That small detail is him not having been a ballot winner. Now, honestly, that's silly to think about. K. Rool has been proven to be topping the charts in the ballot... But what if Stealth didn't mean that the character wasn't on top of the ballot, but rather was being worked on before the ballot ended? Think about how well that fits for K. Rool. The time frame is perfect for him, and it would make sense as to why they had such a good model to use for the costume. The stars are aligned magnificently for the kroc if you think of it that way.
There's clearly one character everyone's overlooking.

Someone who made a big stake being the #5 most requested newcomer in Melee but was put off in that game and didn't have a proper major appearance recently when Brawl was being chosen... but now?

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
I also wonder if the added Stage Placeholder names could hint a new DK Stage.
I know, the Tikibuzz are not directly K.Rool related ... BUT they are DK related so... who knows?

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman

Someone who made a big stake being the #5 most requested newcomer in Melee but was put off in that game and didn't have a proper major appearance recently when Brawl was being chosen... but now?

DLC Pack 2: Wolf, King K. Rool, Ganon and Ridley. A man can dream.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Problem is that Ganon was never mentioned to have a lot of votes for the ballot, he hasn't been topping any polls, he certainly wouldn't be expected, and he wouldn't raise that much hype.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

And now I'm excited about the idea of that badass ManBearPig being playable. :awesome:

But the problem is that I can't seem to find an unlocked support thread for him. Unless all threads based on Assist Trophies and other NPC's are meant to be locked for good from what I see.

Burruni

Smash Hero
And now I'm excited about the idea of that badass ManBearPig being playable. :awesome:

But the problem is that I can't seem to find an unlocked support thread for him. Unless all threads based on Assist Trophies and other NPC's are meant to be locked for good from what I see.
Seeeems like ya found the active one anyways

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
he wouldn't raise that much hype.
Uh I think that Pig Ganon fills pretty much all the hype bills. A classic villain from people's childhoods? Check. A newcomer from The Legend of Zelda? Check. A Ganon with a canon-inspired moveset? Check. A character with a potentially unique and fun moveset? Check.
In a sense, he's kinda like a first-party equivalent of Ryu, a character that people didn't know they wanted until he was eventually revealed.

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Uh I think that Pig Ganon fills pretty much all the hype bills. A classic villain from people's childhoods? Check. A newcomer from The Legend of Zelda? Check. A Ganon with a canon-inspired moveset? Check. A character with a potentially unique and fun moveset? Check.
In a sense, he's kinda like a first-party equivalent of Ryu, a character that people didn't know they wanted until he was eventually revealed.
True dat but it has been said that the characters isn't surprising and Ganon would be one of the biggest surprises.

Burruni

Smash Hero
True dat but it has been said that the characters isn't surprising and Ganon would be one of the biggest surprises.
Not, exactly.
The actual way it was conveyed is that the character would not be surprising that they got in.
For someone more obscure, or deconfirmed such as Ridley or Chrom, this would fit.
Someone who has been "passed over" but surely isn't obscure, however, probably would squeeze into the niche. He certainly has credentials, relevancy, and recency. His middling vocal popularity has left him in the dark a bit.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
What time of day are directs usually announced? I don't think Ganon could be the newcomer simply because no one has expected him.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What time of day are directs usually announced? I don't think Ganon could be the newcomer simply because no one has expected him.
The day before.
Since most directs happen on wednesday, that should be today.

Also me bringing up Ganon served two purposes
1) To subvert the "bandwagoning" that the hints could only pertain to inklings
2) To demonstrate the fact that people don't think of Ganon but would really enjoy him coming in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, so much for the Nintendo Direct being announced today, or is there still a chance it will be announced? I could be wrong.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Well, so much for the Nintendo Direct being announced today, or is there still a chance it will be announced? I could be wrong.
If I remember correctly, the April 1st direct was announced the afternoon/evening of the day before the actual direct. I think if we don't hear anything by around 6-8 pm, then we won't get anything.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If I remember correctly, the April 1st direct was announced the afternoon/evening of the day before the actual direct. I think if we don't hear anything by around 6-8 pm, then we won't get anything.
Odd. I thought it was in the morning. You mean US/Canada time, right?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
What time are you talking about, specifically? 12PM? 2 PM?
Well, if were talking about when Nintendo announced the April Direct, all I remember was the late afternoon/evening (Eastern Standard time)(although I could just be remembering things incorrectly). As for the deadline for when Nintendo would usually announce a direct today, im refering to from 6 to 8 PM, Pacific time. (Sorry for the confusion!)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, if were talking about when Nintendo announced the April Direct, all I remember was the late afternoon/evening (Eastern Standard time)(although I could just be remembering things incorrectly). As for the deadline for when Nintendo would usually announce a direct today, im refering to from 6 to 8 PM, Pacific time. (Sorry for the confusion!)
But the April Direct was not announced at 12 PM EST, was it?

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Direct announced 9-11 PM EST?! I dunno, dude. That's pretty late.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Tatsumi Kimishima is brushing up on his English for the Nintendo directs, that's why we haven't had one in a long time.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
But the April Direct was not announced at 12 PM EST, was it?
Direct announced 9-11 PM EST?! I dunno, dude. That's pretty late.
Oh yeah, im wrong here. Kinda forgot how late 6-8 pst would be for est people like me :p. 6-8 pm est would be normal, but in pst it would 3-5 pm, no? Sorry for being incorrect/bring confusion (guess im being a little too hopeful of an announcement today :p)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
WhAt? WhAt is this about Pig Ganon?
Ow my...would play Smash for another year if this happened

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh yeah, im wrong here. Kinda forgot how late 6-8 pst would be for est people like me :p. 6-8 pm est would be normal, but in pst it would 3-5 pm, no? Sorry for being incorrect/bring confusion (guess im being a little too hopeful of an announcement today :p)
So you really think it will be announced somewhere between 3 and 5 PM Pacific? If so, this might take a while...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Amazing how people actually expect a direct based upon the words of a couple of non-reliable sources from Twitter. Seriously, don't believe anything if it doesn't come from Nintendo.
In this case, the source who has said Octolings will be playable, with a direct to accompany it, has shown off a few Splatoon related things before they were released and even predicted a few things correctly about Splatoon before. While this may not be something from Nintendo, it's something that we can speculate upon without immediately dismissing it. As for the sources from Stealthy/RogersBase, I honestly am 50/50 about that one, but they could just be messing with us.

Last edited:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Well, in this case, the source saying Octolings will be playable, along with a direct to confirm that, IS a reliable source, as she's shown off a few Splatoon related things before they were released and even predicted a few things correctly. While this may not be something from Nintendo, it's something that IS in a way, reliable.
Might be a reliable source. After my days supporting Ridley I generally don't trust anyone, so IDK.

But it's still dumb to believe these people 100% and getting dissapointed when their info is wrong.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is a question about that Octogirl fellow, the one who said a Direct would come today: how would she even know if there would be a Direct today? It is not like Nintendo told her about it, and since Nintendo made a copyright claim on her videos before, I doubt she is so affiliated with them in the first place. I just don't see it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Here is a question about that Octogirl fellow, the one who said a Direct would come today: how would she even know if there would be a Direct today? It is not like Nintendo told her about it, and since Nintendo made a copyright claim on her videos before, I doubt she is so affiliated with them in the first place. I just don't see it.
I suspect there was some sort of message within the coding that could of foreshadowed it or she just found something big in Splatoon's files. The fact that Nintendo took down her videos clearly means that the Octolings weren't meant to be shown as playable YET (even though they would later get put back up). Honestly, that's just my guess; Perhaps someone could ask her about it.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I suspect there was some sort of message within the coding that could of foreshadowed it or she just found something big in Splatoon's files. The fact that Nintendo took down her videos clearly means that the Octolings weren't meant to be shown as playable YET (even though they would later get put back up). Honestly, that's just my guess; Perhaps someone could ask her about it.
If only we knew for sure if this really was the case. Has there been similar foreshadowings like this in the past with data (not just with Octogirl)?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If only we knew for sure if this really was the case. Has there been similar foreshadowings like this in the past with data (not just with Octogirl)?
I mean, there's the fact that Octolings exact ALMOST THE SAME as an Inkling, just that they look different with their models and squid form, and that most hats that they try to wear clip through their Octo Hair. Because of that, Nikki just needed to change the ID of the model to replicate it, and since it's within the same category as Inklings, it's gotta be foreshadowing something.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Amazing how people actually expect a direct based upon the words of a couple of non-reliable sources from Twitter. Seriously, don't believe anything if it doesn't come from Nintendo.
Let's not throw the towel yet I'm going to wait till this week is done first before I call this fake

Might be a reliable source. After my days supporting Ridley I generally don't trust anyone, so IDK.

But it's still dumb to believe these people 100% and getting dissapointed when their info is wrong.
I woulden't be disapointed because I'm not deep enough on this rumor for a aw man moment.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, there's the fact that Octolings exact ALMOST THE SAME as an Inkling, just that they look different with their models and squid form, and that most hats that they try to wear clip through their Octo Hair. Because of that, Nikki just needed to change the ID of the model to replicate it, and since it's within the same category as Inklings, it's gotta be foreshadowing something.
I dunno, Yellowlord, even if this whole thing IS being foreshadowed, it may not even be announced today.

Top Bottom