• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'd like to see that picture without the overlapping so you can see what an insane amount of horizontal space Ridley is taking up with his wings closed
I feel like Sakurai could make him work... He simply chose to not be creative enough. Any character from virtually any game can work if you think outside the box. Not sure why Bowser was so easy for him to put in and not Ridley. Ridley wouldn't be Ridley huh...well Bowser isn't really himself either...so his point falls flat. He would hate to be interviewed by me. I'd have an answer for all his half-ass talk.

K. Rool related EDIT: If it weren't for the 3DS' and King K. Rool did get added, Sakurai could let him have a Pokemon Trainer style move-set. Down - B to switch between King, Pirate, and Scientist. OP I'd say!!!

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Still don't understand why people are taking this "leak" so seriously.
Someone literally just said "ooooh I know what's comin'!!!!"

That's it. I don't care if they have a good track record with stuff. They're being vague on purpose so they'll end up being right no matter what and can keep their track record in tact.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Reminder this is the thread for green reptillians not purple ones. As much as I like ridley his discussion isn't needed here. he isn't a threat anyway :/

this is the purple one. http://smashboards.com/threads/the-space-pirate-leader-ridley.402120/
/minimod
/self-advertisement
Bruh, you got to be subtle about your self promotion. Here's some advice. Instead of doing /self-advertisement. Do this instead:
CHECK OUT DIS AWESOME FORUM I MADE BRAH!
:link64::linkmelee::younglinkmelee::link2::toonlink::4link::4tlink:!

CLICK DAT LINK!!!

#SelfPlugs #TotallySubtle

This is the correct way of plugging your stuff subtly (its a joke for those who don't understand me).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Bruh, you got to be subtle about your self promotion. Here's some advice. Instead of doing /self-advertisement. Do this instead:
CHECK OUT DIS AWESOME FORUM I MADE BRAH!
:link64::linkmelee::younglinkmelee::link2::toonlink::4link::4tlink:!

CLICK DAT LINK!!!

#SelfPlugs #TotallySubtle

This is the correct way of plugging your stuff subtly (its a joke for those who don't understand me).
I clicked all 7 Links
Do I get a cookie?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly not sure this can be considered a leak at all as nothing was really leaked outside of saying something is coming relatively soonish. Which knowing the empty slots that need filling I think was pretty likely already

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Honestly, I think I might take a break from these boards. It's a bit too hectic at the moment, and doesn't have the same spirit as usual going on right now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Same here, guys. I am begging for some news. Even a model tidbit like they did with Mewtwo would be alright. Still, if I had to predict, it's either we'll get something this week or next week. If we don't get anything then, I will begin to become concerned. Regardless, I would just hang tight up until next Friday. We can do this, Kutthroats. It's just one more strong push and then we'll see the King in all his glory.

Last edited:
Damn. Seeing those DK-'specialized' bundles of a Nintendo console really takes you back to other times AND makes you wonder what could be if Nintendo did them with the series TODAY...

I mean, only Mario, Splatoon, and some others, yet no DK/Metroid/Star Fox...that is...just...yeah...

:bowser:
Yeah I always wondered why they didn't do anything special with the Wii U consoles themselves. An ink splattered Splatoon Wii U console and/or a console decorated with Arwings and lasers would look great.

Not sure about other regions but us Aussies got some special edition themed Wii consoles(lucky us :p), the Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary Wii which is red, the Mario Kart Wii bundle which is black and the DKC Returns Wii which is Blue. Yeah, I know, blue, wth. Still looks good.

Back when Donkey Kong was literally held in the same spotlight as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Heck they even had a tv show of it like we all know.
I reckon the Rare/Microsoft thing had something to do with DKs decline in status.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for this rumour, it sounds like Inkling, pretty much all the boxes look to be ticked.

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
Guys the new character is going to be Shaquille O Neal aka Shaq Fu!! Social Media is going to go insane cause other people who arn't into smash are now going to know about it!!!!

Kappa.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
The Rogersbase rumor with the while "Would have made it into Smash eventually" thing makes me want to think it's Inklings because it's a no duh thing. But then again, that doesn't mean our King isn't coming.

NeroChaos

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChilledQuartet
--I have no idea who this Zef guy is. He has tweeted that "he has never trolled about Smash before if it makes people feel better," but has no credibility to his name that I know of. No idea who he supports
Zef is a part of the Japan Time crew, for the record.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Guys the new character is going to be Shaquille O Neal aka Shaq Fu!! Social Media is going to go insane cause other people who arn't into smash are now going to know about it!!!!

Kappa.
Nah, it's obviously gonna be Popeye the Sailor Man. He's strong to the finach, Cause he eats his spinach, He's Popeye the Sailor Man.

*doot doot

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Here's my bet; It's either King K. Rool, Ridley, or the Inklings. Let's be honest here; maybe Sakurai DID change his mind about the purple space dragon? :3
A Kremling can only hope! Our scaly purple brethren would be a welcome addition to the krew. I do believe most of the Kutthroats have been Ridley supporters as well.
Not going to lie. Seeing Ridley in the game PLAYABLE would be pretty hype. That could throw off many people, not only supporters but detractors, theorists, leakers, and the usual-goer fan. It can go a lot of ways. But to be honest, I wouldn't be sure with Ridley in the entirety of SM4SH's run.

Maybe in Smash 5 NX he could appear and join the roster. He can be the PAC-MAN/Villager of the game. Seeing him as a character that wasn't consider to be possible by Sakurai only to somehow change his mind.

But anyway, yeah, K.ROOL for now is fine.

ALSO, TOO MANY PAGES TO GO THROUGH.

:bowser:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I think I'm going to take a break from Smashboards for now. This thread's getting a little too heated for my liking. Best of luck, I'll check back later.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Let's not be antsy guys. Expect to wait months to see all the ballot results. Take heart that the Inklings joining the battle would mean greater doubt cast on the Mii costume consolation prize argument. It further distances the Mii costume choices from the ballot results.

I think those leaving are exaggerating a bit, too. It's not that bad. But do whatever you think is necessary.

Last edited:

Day One

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uninflammble
3DS FC
1564-4654-6957
Would love to have gotten Marina from mischief makers but a man and his waifu can only dream now.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
**** it, I hope someone leaks it, I don't care if Sakurai is sad. There's being quiet for a certain amount of time, but then there's just ignoring fans and not getting us hyped for anything. It's one, horrible marketing and two, just plain rude. You leave us in the dark since E3, mention the ballot once, very casually, and don't even update us when it's over. Shameless. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if they outright forgot the ballot existed.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
**** it, I hope someone leaks it, I don't care if Sakurai is sad. There's being quiet for a certain amount of time, but then there's just ignoring fans and not getting us hyped for anything. It's one, horrible marketing and two, just plain rude. You leave us in the dark since E3, mention the ballot once, very casually, and don't even update us when it's over. Shameless. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if they outright forgot the ballot existed.
Be thankful you are getting DLC at all, swine! Feel grateful about paying a company money for their characters!

Anyhow, with Inklings on the horizon, may as well prepare for the inevitable "K. Rool's still never happening because his costume was from the ballot and the Inklings' wasn't" defenses, which even now have already started rearing their ugly heads.

To which I say, dissecting the talking point down, the underlying sentiment is "Why would they make a fighter when they've already made a costume! No one would buy the costume after the fighter released and they wouldn't waste time with a costume if they intended to add a fighter!" None of that has anything to do with the ballot, just developer preference. Plus, the mental gymnastics needed for claiming all these random Nintendo characters like Viridi and Chrom were secretly dominating in votes that resulted in costumes is pretty extreme IMO. K. Rool's still the special snowflake he was when his costume dropped in July.

Last edited:

deleted

Smash Cadet
hey guys if king k. rool came with a stage what would you like it to be based off, I for one would think a traveling stage that goes across certain locations in the dkc trilogy would make a cool stage.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Then there's also all those fake leakers that take advantage of us. But its not just smash bros that's been in the dark, but pretty much everything Nintendo is in the dark unless its releasing in the next few days or its Mario Maker. This is probably due to Iwata's death. Though Nintendo should be more connected with fans. A cool idea that I have is what if after they announce a game, Nintendo does weekly developer journals where the devs can talk about the progress of the game so far and connect with the fans better. Disney Infinity kind of does something like this. Pic of the day was good, but now that its DLC its gone away and we are left with nothing. Now if I were in charge I'd probably have announced some popular characters, as well as keep you guys hyped for the whole year. Fans have a right to complain if the company they're giving their money to doesn't please them. They are also allowed to complain when the company doesn't give them a product they are willing to pay for hint hint amiibo. Also someone fire the guy who isn't giving us our amiibos.

Last edited:
Someone touched on it a few pages back, but I think Iwata's death threw a spanner in the works in terms of how best to present the ballot, results etc. Nintendo may genuinely not know how to go about releasing information, as weird as that sounds. Maybe that is why we haven't heard much at all? Who knows.

Edit: Ninja'd :p

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Someone touched on it a few pages back, but I think Iwata's death threw a spanner in the works in terms of how best to present the ballot, results etc. Nintendo may genuinely not know how to go about releasing information, as weird as that sounds. Maybe that is why we haven't heard much at all? Who knows.

Iwata: I am going to die, but once I do, the fans will understand just how vital I was to Nintendo. All those haters who claimed I was a bad president and that Nintendo's E3 was terrible will be wishing they were watching the reveal of Federation Force over and over instead of experiencing the chaos that is about to engulf them with my passing. Now they will understand.

Reggie: IWATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Im just going to go out on a limb and say they might not release any kind of a results for the ballot. It would probably get a lot of people mad if they showed some characters placing high that they decided against or someone lower in votes making it in for example.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Yo Guys,

I love Smash and Nintendo as much as the next guy and I am also a little starved on news, but let's not forget that in the end, we are talking about a video game, here.

Nothing to bash in skulls over, or to be focused on all day long. Take a nice stroll through the autumn landscape and clear your mind.

We will get our news, eventually (btw I am not saying that speculating is bad. quite the opposite, but I fear some people may take it too far)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I reckon the Rare/Microsoft thing had something to do with DKs decline in status.
I reckon you're likely right.

Would love to have gotten Marina from mischief makers but a man and his waifu can only dream now.
As someone who owns and has played Mischief Makers, I would be completely ok with this.

Anyway, where's that K. Rool song parody of Where Are You Christmas from that Jabba the Hut guy which he posted last year.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Way too many people in here acting like Nintendo/Sakurai killed their families or something. We just got new DLC last week. The last new characters were only a few months ago, and we got three of them on the same day. We're hardly starved for steady content releases, and while news is a little scarce, it's not like Nintendo is obligated to constantly be pumping out new info. The game is already done and released. They've finished their main advertising campaigns. Anything else is just extra. The ballot just ended a few days ago, and there was never any promise or guarantee they'd deliver on the ballot suggestions. If you really want them to take the ballot seriously, give them time to work on it instead of getting up in arms about a lack of news. Maybe they want the next character to be a surprise. Maybe they don't have any news to share because they're busy working on ballot requests. There's simply no way to know, but until we do know, we shouldn't be acting like Nintendo is in the wrong. I want news too, but it's just a game. Go read some news about real world events if you're so starved for info, I say.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I will welcome our new woomy overlords upon their arrival to the roster. ...Yeah, I kinda broke that promise of not posting until the 14th, but whatever. Yeah, Inklings are my third most wanted, and seeing them added would be a relief for me. That'd just leave K. Rool, Isaac and Snake as my new top 3. But I still stand by my word that I'll be a bit more quiet so I can spend more time studying.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Way too many people in here acting like Nintendo/Sakurai killed their families or something. We just got new DLC last week. The last new characters were only a few months ago, and we got three of them on the same day. We're hardly starved for steady content releases, and while news is a little scarce, it's not like Nintendo is obligated to constantly be pumping out new info. The game is already done and released. They've finished their main advertising campaigns. Anything else is just extra. The ballot just ended a few days ago, and there was never any promise or guarantee they'd deliver on the ballot suggestions. If you really want them to take the ballot seriously, give them time to work on it instead of getting up in arms about a lack of news. Maybe they want the next character to be a surprise. Maybe they don't have any news to share because they're busy working on ballot requests. There's simply no way to know, but until we do know, we shouldn't be acting like Nintendo is in the wrong. I want news too, but it's just a game. Go read some news about real world events if you're so starved for info, I say.
We didn't get any new character DLC. That's the main DLC that everyone cares about, because characters are the most important part of smash bros, the character also gets instant fame and popularity. Smash is a big deal. Due to how passionate fans are about smash bros, Sakurai could possibly die at the hands of the fans if they get really mad at him.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Didn't Sakurai say that they already had tons of votes pooring in on the day they opened it? if anything at least one or two of the characters should be done by now. Real world events eh? that's a good idea, I could use some good laughs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom