• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

This reminds me of a false rumor which had K.Rool, Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario and Agent 3 (A.K.A Inkling) on the potential list of choices.

I think that happaned back during Late July or early August.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, I thought I'd be happy to have more info on who the next character would be. Now I just feel aggravated.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
its definitely not k.rool
If you have nothing constructive to add, and no proof to give, you currently offer nothing more than a random 4chan poster.

Don't come in here and start **** just to start it.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Wait, people are talking about a "Hype Scale"
Scale
What has scales? Reptiles
What's a type of Reptile? Crocodiles
What Nintendo character is a crocodile? King K. Rool

I've cracked the code.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This kinda feels like the Ridley thread right now, no offense :/

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So stealth is actually somewhat legit(I skipped a few pages so I may be wrong here)? That's kind of surprising considering how they seemed to be wrong on a lot of stuff on smashfaqs as well as how vitriolic they are. Though a lot of smashfaqs members are like that *shrugs*

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
Considering everything has been thrown into a tizzy of misinformation by the usual potpourri of crazies and skeptics, I figured I'd throw together a simple fact sheet to help clear up confusion in this thread.

What Happened:

--Roger tweeted first, late on Oct. 5, that he received "exciting Nintendo news." He later elaborated that the news was "an 8-9 on a hype scale," "would be coming in the next two weeks," and "we'd know when we see it." He does not mention Smash, but never says it is not Smash-related.

--Stealth tweets later the next morning, saying he knows the next Smash character, that it's coming "soon," clarified as "next two weeks" as well. He says this is a Nintendo newcomer that he doesn't think "won the ballot," but is "the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." He elaborates that this character is "a big deal," is not "a clone or a disappointment" or "shocking." He refuses to comment on the character's gender.

--Stealth made tweets saying "If the character were Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf, I'd have hung myself by now," as well as that "the character would have eventually made it into Smash." He later deleted both comments.

--The same afternoon, TheRealZef comments that "Smash is about to make social media go insane" and to "get hype because everyone's about to be happy." He comments that "he hopes it doesn't leak so people can go insane," and that "Stealth isn't the only one who knows about this." He says that "he doesn't think this character won the ballot," but rather than because of the character's identity, he says it's because "otherwise they wouldn't be ready just two weeks after it closed."

--Before clamming up, Zef clarifies that "he doesn't think it can leak unless the person with the info decides to spill" and that all he can say on the matter is "connections with connections." Of note, another guy, Aversy_Tweets, says "he knows and knows Roger knows," but is confident the latter will keep quiet.

--Later still, Roger gets exasperated with fanatics harassing him on Twitter just because of him saying "Cool Nintendo news in two or so weeks," saying "It's cool news, mind you, but the hype drought has made people crazy."

--He makes a facetious post saying "OMG ROGER KNOWS ALL BALLOT WINNERS AND ISN'T TELLING," saying that if he did, that would be a 10/10 for hype. In the process, he favorites a bunch of stuff from Stealth and Zef, who are also laughing at the fan overreaction online.

--All the while, head Smashboards mod Warchamp is making posts to Roger and Stealth, making fun of the fanatics. His jokes are mostly Inkling-related..."HE SAID DROUGHT, DROUGHT = NO WATER, WATER = INKLINGS!"

The Participants:

--Roger worked at Nintendo years ago and runs the Japan Time podcast. He has had his roots in the gaming industry for a long time now, and has undoubtedly made a handful of connections along the way. I've only seen a few of his videos, but Roger is a big fan of Lanky Kong (passively supports "DK Rep" getting in the game), and people have been saying he's a big Inklings fan too (which I haven't heard a source for, but can buy).

--Stealth is a "Video Game Enthusiast" who has made legitimate statements before, about occurrences at a private Splatoon event he got to attend with other big game media names. I don't have the source in front of me, but apparently he spilled that there would be a surprise Nintendo Direct early last April, which there was despite no expectation of one. He has trolled GameFAQs before under the name of RPGrinder, and has posted on Twitter that he voted for "K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Malo and Andy."

--I have no idea who this Zef guy is. He has tweeted that "he has never trolled about Smash before if it makes people feel better," but has no credibility to his name that I know of. No idea who he supports

--No idea about this Averys_Tweets guy.

--Warchamp was one of the first people to have access to the ESRB leaked videos before they went viral.

The Bull****:

--LOL ROGER SED IT WUZNT BOUT SMASH: False. He said nothing one way or the other, other than that "the news wasn't Skull Kid getting revealed for HW." Gullible people fell into the trap of Poe's Law in reading his tweet about the Smash fanatics who expect him to be omnipotent where the Smash ballot is concerned.

--LOL STEALTH PIGGIE BAKKED ROGER AND IZ JUST A RANDO TROLL: It is true that Stealth's tweets came after Roger's initial ones about having 8-9 hype-scale news. However, not only were Roger's tweets not some big thing to piggyback off of at the time (this only really blew up after I posted about it in here), but Roger and Stealth seem to be on friendly terms, openly talking about Japan Time and TV Shows on the social network, as well as favoriting each other's stuff. Whether you question his credibility, Stealth is not just some random guy.

--LOL STEALTH HATES K. ROOL SO NO CHANCE IS THIS HIM: False. Stealth said he voted for K. Rool, has defended his costume on GameFAQs and has said that "K. Rool and Isaac are needed to save Smash DLC."

Other Stuff:

--I don't know whether he's trolling here or has changed his opinion since then, but in a thread asking if a list of 5 characters including K. Rool were Top 5 Most Wanted, he said no to all except Isaac. If he's serious, then K. Rool isn't ruled out in his mind by the "this character probably didn't win." None of the tweets I've found from him thus far clarify whether he feels K. Rool is a character who would "eventually get into Smash."

--Warchamp's joking about the Inklings makes me think...if he and all these guys have legitimate info and he's just casually throwing that name around, it's not them. If he were doing this and Inklings was the character, the Nintendo Ninjas would be on him like white on rice.

Will add onto this later if more stuff comes up. I think it's pretty comprehensive as it stands, and I hope it gives people the clarity they need to not run around making s*** up.
I don't know why, but this particular phrase makes me think about Son Goku.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
its definitely not k.rool
yep, the rumored leak says its none of the popular sm4sh ballot choices, and I know k.rool is a popular choice. K. rool deconfirmed for this upcoming dlc charachter

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was already confident in Inklings and still think it's going to be them. But having a guy who's gone over-the-top in stating how badly he wants social media to "go insane" and how badly he hopes the info doesn't leak go into the thread of one of the two candidates most people expect to say "it isnt them lol" comes off as strange to me. "F***in with Smashboards" and "bein stupid" for the sake of generating even more hype with a surprise K. Rool reveal wouldn't surprise me at all. But whatever, Inklings today, K. Rool tomorrow.

Also, he's now "engaged in conversation," looking at his profile, which could very well mean that we'll be seeing some smug-*** mods in the leaks thread, prancing around and flaunting their inside info over the next few days. Peachy.

Last edited:
Seeing a mod making a dig at other mods will be jarring no matter how many times I see it :/

play nice everyone. zef is a guest

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here's my bet; It's either King K. Rool, Ridley, or the Inklings. Let's be honest here; maybe Sakurai DID change his mind about the purple space dragon? :3

From this suposive rumor?

Well my thoguhts

King k rool:yea could be who hes talking about in it.

Ridley

Yea sakurai has changed his mind on stuff before. But im pretty sure hes sticking with his guns on ridley.
Besides i have no idea how to make ridley playable when hes a boss hazard. Besides using the super metroid design instead of other m design.

Inklings: yea they are on my list of no surprise they get in catergory of ballot winners.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was already confident in Inklings and still think it's going to be them. But having a guy who's gone over-the-top in stating how badly he wants social media to "go insane" and how badly he hopes the info doesn't leak go into the thread of one of the two candidates most people expect to say "it isnt them lol" comes off as strange to me. "F***in with Smashboards" and "bein stupid" for the sake of generating even more hype with a surprise K. Rool reveal wouldn't surprise me at all. But whatever, Inklings today, K. Rool tomorrow.

Also, he's now "engaged in conversation," looking at his profile, which could very well mean that we'll be seeing some smug-*** mods in the leaks thread, prancing around and flaunting their inside info over the next few days. Peachy.

What's your problem?

Bkupa that was just uncalled for.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
head Smashboards mod Warchamp
:sadsheep:

--Warchamp's joking about the Inklings makes me think...if he and all these guys have legitimate info and he's just casually throwing that name around, it's not them. If he were doing this and Inklings was the character, the Nintendo Ninjas would be on him like white on rice.
what? lmfao

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't intend anything as a dig, I just see 'smug' as the best descriptor for anyone who goes around and talks about how they have sources in Japan, or teasing that "they haven't unlocked all the characters in the 3DS because I know the list and this isn't it ;)." It happened with forum users and the ESRB leak last year and I'd like to avoid a repeat if at all possible. It's not a healthy state-of-being for any thread.

Of course, a lot of it was at the expense of K. Rool as well, basically with people who knew K. Rool wasn't in the roster dismissing him before it was known, sowing the seeds for everyone to retroactively dismiss his support from 2012-the ballot (hence "the costume is obviously from the ballot," an argument we'll totally be getting even after an Inklings reveal).

:sadsheep:

what? lmfao
Hello! Sorry for your incorrect titling.

Last edited:

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
Yea sakurai has changed his mind on stuff before. But im pretty sure hes sticking with his guns on ridley.
Besides i have no idea how to make ridley playable when hes a boss hazard. Besides using the super metroid design instead of other m design.
Other M Ridley is a clone of the actual one, all they would have to do is make him any of his other designs and it doesn't conflict with Hazardley at all.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Other M Ridley is a clone of the actual one, all they would have to do is make him any of his other designs and it doesn't conflict with Hazardley at all.
Sakurai said no. "He'd basically be impossible," after making Brawl and "You'd compromise Ridley's character when making him a fighter" after making Smash 4.

Roidley was the body design of the two that was more natural to be converted into a fighter given how the "Super Metroid" designed ridley has scrawny limbs, a MASSIVE tail and wingspan, and a neck that's most comparable to the wings of a bumblebee.

It isn't happening in Smash 4.

Last edited:
The problem is the trophy seems to imply clone Ridley is the same as regular ridley (for some reason)
add how adamant Sakurai has been on riley it's clear it isn't happening anytime soon (as much as I wish this were untrue)

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
and a neck that's most comparable to the wings of a bumblebee.
...I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Anyway, I was just disputing about the fact that Ridley couldn't be in because of Hazardley. I know he has a snowballs chance in hell with all of the other hurdles he has to get over.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guy the reason the talking on ridley happened is possible the reasonings in the vmy tesmfor ridley commenced sakurai a change of heart again

Examples

1 They explain how :4charizard::4dedede::4kirby::4pit::4palutena::4metaknight::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4mewtwo: Fly as much as ridley does outside smash and doesn't rely on aerial combat 100% of the time

2 the balance problem people fix stuff that huge as well

3 some would say we woulden't think ridley shruken would ruin his menencing looks.

But really sakurai is not going to budge on this so (me included) they will try again on smash 5 if the director is not sakurai.

Oh by the way

Silly me i forgot i own other m and i know the story

They took ridleys DNA to do project little birdie.
[spoiler/]

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said no. "He'd basically be impossible," after making Brawl and "You'd compromise Ridley's character when making him a fighter" after making Smash 4.

Roidley was the body design of the two that was more natural to be converted into a fighter given how the "Super Metroid" designed ridley has scrawny limbs, a MASSIVE tail and wingspan, and a neck that's most comparable to the wings of a bumblebee.

It isn't happening in Smash 4.
Sure its not happening, but it is entirely doable:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
As much as I love Ridley, let's talk about the King instead, ayy?
I have a good question. If King K. is added, what do you think he will do if he loses a match. Will Sakurai have him clap like everyone else or will he do something different like cross his arms in disbelief whilst looking pissed off? I can't really picture King K. klapping for anyone.... Maybe if he wins he will klap for himself lol...

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Welp, until K. Rool or the next character is announced, I'll be practicing my meta knight. Don't see the value of looking into these "leaks" anymore since we're so far in. I'm going to be that kid on christmas eve who watches a movie and goes to sleep rather than stay up all night in agony for my presents lol. Can't wait though you guys, K. rool is on the horizon, hopefully.
:011:zzz

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I have a good question. If King K. is added, what do you think he will do if he loses a match. Will Sakurai have him clap like everyone else or will he do something different like cross his arms in disbelief whilst looking pissed off? I can't really picture King K. klapping for anyone.... Maybe if he wins he will klap for himself lol...
Maybe he can be waving to the crowd thinking he won?

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
I honestly can't see K. Rool klapping. I think he'd have one similar to mewtwo where he looks away disgusted.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I honestly can't see K. Rool klapping. I think he'd have one similar to mewtwo where he looks away disgusted.
My immediate thought here is of the absolutely furious expression that he wears at the start of DKC2's final battle (the one right before he fires fish out of his blunderbuss :laugh:).

Last edited:
Top Bottom