• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
I know this is a bit biased since I haven't played splatoon, but to the average gamer they look pretty generic and a bit too mii like. I'm sure I can be proven wrong and that they would have a pretty unique moveset, though I can't say that, aesthetically, they get me too hyped. But the main reason I'd be cheesed is because it is another avenue for cross-promotional advertising - easy money for nintendo. If it came down to K.Rool and Inklinkgs for a newcomer spot, they better not choose inklinks purely based off that. And while I know Inklings are still a popular choice I don't think they're THAT popular (emphasis on think).
The DLC has to sell, that is the predominant goal of DLC after-all. That being said, I believe that King K. Rool and Inklings are within the same realm. So I doubt Nintendo will choose based exclusively on that.

StormC

Smash Hero
The stars align a little too well for it to not be Inkling, I feel K. Rool is definitely the next most likely candidate, though.

Call it a 70/30 split.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Hype scale 9? While inklings are popular and bound to happen (now or Smash 5), I don´t feel this hyped. I like the game, played a few times, but everybody know they will get in.

No, if it really is hype 8 or 9 it must be either someone who the fans wanted for years. Not a good selling, young character, which everyone expects to be in.

So K. Rool or....

if for some super strange ass reason Sakurai changes his mind... Ridley

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Hello! From the Wolf, Snake, Icies, and Pichu thread--as you can see, I love my veterans XD. I am curios what you guys think of a Veteran being likely for the rumored character spot? Now I know the whole "If Wolf was the character, I would've hung myself" said by Stealth is a thing, but being the biased in-denial Wolf supporter that I am, I could claim this as a tatic of deflection

Zef

Smash Ace
if you think so, lol. read the summary post and look at the names of people who know, i'm trying to save you heartache. it ain't k. rool, and i'm a k. rool fan

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Hello! From the Wolf, Snake, Icies, and Pichu thread--as you can see, I love my veterans XD. I am curios what you guys think of a Veteran being likely for the rumored character spot? Now I know the whole "If Wolf was the character, I would've hung myself" said by Stealth is a thing, but being the biased in-denial Wolf supporter that I am, I could claim this as a tatic of deflection
The only veterans that I truly care about are Wolf and Young Link. I do not believe that a veteran is likely for the rumored characters spot simply because it was heavily suggested to be a newcomer.

if you think so, lol. read the summary post and look at the names of people who know, i'm trying to save you heartache. it ain't k. rool, and i'm a k. rool fan
Even if it is not King K. Rool. I will have no heartache. We, the Kutthroats, had a phenomenal run.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Guys, I've already proven we're getting Inklings and King K. Rool as Smash DLC.

Seriously, with all things considered, this makes it look really good for both of them, and that's something I can be happy about given that they're some of my most wanted! If we're getting Inklings soon then followed by the King...! Then little Clownpiece over here would be over the moon.

Well, I need to do some English revision. I should probably go now, and I may want to wait until my first exams are over until I come back. I won't be gone for too long - just enough time to dedicate myself to studies. I'll see you Kutthroats later - maybe on the 14th!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well thanks for ruining all the fun....

If it's not K. Rool then it's Inklings. We figured it out everyone.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not that it matters, but I did find who Zef his. Twitter is @captainzef. He does streaming and is involved with the Smash Brothers community. Decent size Twitter followers (3K) and Twitch followers (1.2K). Not sure if he's a competitive player or a tournament organizer, and to what extend, but perhaps someone here does. Lots of Undertale stuff so I can confirm he has great taste in video games.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Be that as it may. I'm sure this character, whoever it is, is def not from the ballot. It would only make most sense if this upcoming character is NOT King K. due to him more than likely being a ballot addition, so maybe he'll be the winner or one of them. We have come to far to lose hope for any reason. Until the last character is confirmed, the Kutthroats will stand their ground and await the King's arrival.

Edit:
Guys, I've already proven we're getting Inklings and King K. Rool as Smash DLC.

Seriously, with all things considered, this makes it look really good for both of them, and that's something I can be happy about given that they're some of my most wanted! If we're getting Inklings soon then followed by the King...! Then little Clownpiece over here would be over the moon.

Well, I need to do some English revision. I should probably go now, and I may want to wait until my first exams are over until I come back. I won't be gone for too long - just enough time to dedicate myself to studies. I'll see you Kutthroats later - maybe on the 14th!
I believe in this theory. If we do get Inklings as a character in Smash when they already have a Mii outfit, our one and only MIGHTY KING is a for sure addition. "Mark my words everyone."

Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Y'know what you folks need? A Croc fact of the day (on timeish edition): crocodilians all have four-chambered hearts, which helps distinguish them from all other living reptiles (who normally have rather simple three-chambered hearts). Their hearts are able to cut off circulation to the lungs (which would be useless underwater) and direct blood to other areas. Some scientists consider crocs' hearts to be the most advanced of any living creature, but that's kind of a bold statement, in my opinion.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Are you saying this in terms of this upcoming reveal or DLC in general? Because even if this next one isn't him, that shouldn't make us "poor, poor fans."

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Depends on when they started ballot characters. That's a big unknown. In terms o f K.Rool, I think the biggest red flag is the stealth___ user suggesting they doubt the character won the ballot. That is a coded way to say "not K. Rool". Even if K. Rool didn't actually "win" the ballot (I'm assuming this means the top voted character), he is generally perceived as such by the community. Of course, the important thing is the individual's subjective view on this point. I'm just guessing their view based on the general perception.

I think it will be Inklings. But I remain positive about K. Rool.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Here's my bet; It's either King K. Rool, Ridley, or the Inklings. Let's be honest here; maybe Sakurai DID change his mind about the purple space dragon? :3

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Y'know, you must be really fun at parties.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Here's my bet; It's either King K. Rool, Ridley, or the Inklings. Let's be honest here; maybe Sakurai DID change his mind about the purple space dragon? :3
A Kremling can only hope! Our scaly purple brethren would be a welcome addition to the krew. I do believe most of the Kutthroats have been Ridley supporters as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 49, Guests: 65)
And come to think that there were supposedly over 100 guest while i was at school........

Should we tell them that there's nothing going on right now?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey BKupa666 BKupa666 , do you think there's the possibilty that the character being talked about may be Ridley? That'd be the greatest thing to ever happen for so many reasons. He's hype worthy, a character that didn't necessarily win the ballot, and a character that would be insanely surprising. Not that I don't think it's K. Rool or the Inklings, but I want to see what you think.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Are you saying this in terms of this upcoming reveal or DLC in general? Because even if this next one isn't him, that shouldn't make us "poor, poor fans."
For someone who claims he's never trolled about Smash, seems awfully trolly to come in here and crush a lot of hopes before we see anything just saying..... He could have just said nothing at all but chooses to come in here and say "poor poor K. Rool fans" really?

Honestly I wouldn't buy into this too much and if he is a real deal with info IMO it's messed up for him to do this to the fanbase. None of these other supposed leakers are.

Last edited:

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
To be fair, you can replace Ridley by Isaac & trust me the Metroid fan I am is still heartbroken enough not to prevent à tear from falling down his cheek as he writes down this message. (Not that the inclusion of Isaac or any other potential character discussed for this leak would bother me though)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
For someone who claims he's never trolled about Smash, seems awfully trolly to come in here and crush a lot of hopes before we see anything just saying..... He could have just said nothing at all but chooses to come in here and say "poor poor K. Rool fans" really?

Honestly I wouldn't buy into this too much and if he is a real deal with info IMO it's messed up for him to do this the fanbase. None of these other supposed leakers are.
Trust me, I understand. It comes with the territory when you tweet out "I'm spending my night f**kin with Smashboards" before posting. Everything should get taken with a grain of salt.

Honestly I wouldn't buy into this too much and if he is a real deal with info IMO it's messed up for him to do this to the fanbase. None of these other supposed leakers are.
There is a difference between crushing hopes and lowering inflated expectations.

Better to not be hyped about something than be hyped about something that doesn't happen (because it leads to rage)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't know if that's exactly fair to Zef. If his information is reliable, then I see it more as doing us a favor. We can invest time and willpower into something else. It's like suspecting an illness but not wanting to go to the doctor: whether you are ill or not does not depend on knowing about it. But if you do go to the Dr. and you do hear something bad, at least you can prepare for it.

Why build excitement for something we are not interested in (speaking as collective K. Rool fans)?

His twitter message about messing with us should cast some doubt on him, though.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
There is a difference between crushing hopes and lowering inflated expectations.

Better to not be hyped about something than be hyped about something that doesn't happen (because it leads to rage)
I see your point but there's also fun in speculation. I'm sure a lot of boards are speculating on what the character could be. I'm sure he's not being a good ol guy and dropping their hopes. Just the K. Rool board.

It's trolling in my eyes. Telling us no just to enjoy the negative reaction

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
This is all a horrid reminder of the worst things Smash Bros seems to generate. When hype just becomes toxic. Everyone so rabid for information they can soon be at each others throats and the day is just ruined in the process.

And it's always Smash. I've never known any other community get so heavy-handed with their passion. Smash is the thing that made me despise "leaks" of any kind. It turns everyone into a player in an ugly soap-opera, with cartoonish villains and awful cliff-hangers...

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Even if his intentions are to bask in the negativity, if he's got credible information, he's still doing us a favor. Even if unintentionally. Speculation is "fun" if you're not invested in the outcome or the outcome turns out to be in your favor. But if it you actually care about the outcome and the result is something you'd rather not have, it's better to just move on and hope for the next character reveal down the line.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Even if his intentions are to bask in the negativity, if he's got credible information, he's still doing us a favor. Even if unintentionally. Speculation is "fun" if you're not invested in the outcome or the outcome turns out to be in your favor. But if it you actually care about the outcome and the result is something you'd rather not have, it's better to just move on and hope for the next character reveal down the line.

IF being the key word. His Tweet about F***ing with Smashboards tonight tarnishes his credibility in my eyes. I feel like someone with real info would want to keep quiet as to not risk revealing anything more to not put those who gave him the info at risk. That's just me though...

D

Deleted member

I hope that this rumor/leak is just shortlived and doesn't last for very long (assuming we are indeed getting an announcement in 2 weeks)

The leaks/rumors that i hate the most are the ones that last for an extremely long period of time.

Example: the Gematsu rumor which started in June 2013 and lasted all the way until July of 2014. Litterally 13 months of nothing but Gematsu shenanigans.

I have no problem with this rumor for the time beign since it gives us something to talk about while we wait for something important to happen, but i don't want this to last for more than 1 goddamn month.

Where's our beloved King Nintendo? At least some tease for a character announcement would be nice.

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
IF being the key word. His Tweet about F***ing with Smashboards tonight tarnishes his credibility in my eyes. I feel like someone with real info would want to keep quiet as to not risk revealing anything more to not put those who gave him the info at risk. That's just me though...
Do you have a link to the said tweet/account, pls?

Top Bottom