• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That's very true. In the background of Zebs, a trophy in Melee, a boss in Subspace Emissary, and a stage hazard in Smash 4, as well as DLC in Smash 4 :drsad:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
subspace emissary implies that the world of smash is an entirely different place.
The Subspace Emissary takes itself way too seriously (as one would expect from an ex-Final Fantasy writer, I suppose). ;) It's thankfully got nothing to do with the lore as originally established. All of the games before it show that it's just a guy playing with plushes (first game) and action figures (Melee onwards). You can't miss it - the first game throws it at you as the first thing you even see.

And, of course, as Satoru Iwata himself pointed out in an interview with TIME;

“What’s interesting about the Smash Bros. games, is that the Smash Bros. games do not represent the Nintendo characters fighting against one another, they actually represent toys of Nintendo characters getting into an imaginary battle amongst themselves,” explains Iwata. “And frankly that has to do with a very serious debate that we had within the company back then, which was, ‘Is it really okay for Nintendo characters to be hitting other Nintendo characters? Is it okay for Mario to be hitting Pikachu?'”
EDIT:

Yeah, his imagination. Have you not heard of the Smash theory that basically says Smash is just a kid/teen/adult playing with his toys.
It's not a theory. The first game basically throws it at you, and, as above, it's that particular trope, "word of god", as well.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd also like to point out that, while debating Ridley vs. Master Hand is all well and good, this IS the K. Rool thread, so he's obviously superior to both.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
ridley was just a cameo in smash 1 and melee.
master hand has always been a boss.
Still in every single game. Also,
The Subspace Emissary takes itself way too seriously (as one would expect from an ex-Final Fantasy writer, I suppose). ;) It's thankfully got nothing to do with the lore as originally established. All of the games before it show that it's just a guy playing with plushes (first game) and action figures (Melee onwards). You can't miss it - the first game throws it at you as the first thing you even see.

And, of course, as Satoru Iwata himself pointed out in an interview with TIME;
If Master Hand was playable, you would be playing with yourself, and I don't think Nintendo wants to spread that message. :troll:
I'd also like to point out that, while debating Ridley vs. Master Hand is all well and good, this IS the K. Rool thread, so he's obviously superior to both.
I'd say Ridley and King K. Rool are equals. One's killed his arch nemesis's parents and leads a group of pirates. The other tries to starve apes and leads a group of pirates (DKC2). Plus, both are reptiles. REPTILE BROS FOR LIFE!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This makes me wonder why on Earth we haven't seen a K. Rool cameo in any form, to be honest. I mean, even Dedede got one in a stage background long before he debuted - I'm surprised that K. Rool never has.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I would love to play as ridley! But this all sounds to good to be true. We'll see what happens.

If this was true, then it would have been nice to include the previous bosses from brawl.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Yeah, as much as I'd love a Boss Battle mode where you get to play as a boss and fight Smashers and vice versa, it's not in this leak. I'd love to see all these bosses be playable in such a mode:

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu
Galleom
Duon
Petey Piranha
Rayquaza (I'd prefer Yveltal over Rayquaza for a boss, being the incarnation of destruction that he is)
Porky
Kraid
Giygas
Metal Face
Yellow Devil (with more moves than 2)
Hades
Andross
Lord Frederick
Grima
Emperor Bullborb

I can think of all kinds...with K. Rool and Ridley being regular playable characters, of course!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, as much as I'd love a Boss Battle mode where you get to play as a boss and fight Smashers and vice versa, it's not in this leak. I'd love to see all these bosses be playable in such a mode:

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu
Galleom
Duon
Petey Piranha
Rayquaza (I'd prefer Yveltal over Rayquaza for a boss, being the incarnation of destruction that he is)
Porky
Kraid
Giygas
Metal Face
Hades
Andross
Lord Frederick
Grima
Emperor Bullborb

I can think of all kinds...with K. Rool and Ridley being regular playable characters, of course!
How would you play as Giygas? Unless of course we are talking about Geigue.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I still think a highly intelligent space dragon that is the leader of a group of space pirates is much more entertaining than a ****ing hand. If I wanted to play as a hand, I'd just flop my hand in real life.

meh.... i still think itd be a good idea. master hand has more ties to smash than ridley.
just thought maybe we should give the original smash boss a bit more love than just something to punch.
Still in every single game. Also,

If Master Hand was playable, you would be playing with yourself, and I don't think Nintendo wants to spread that message. :troll:

I'd say Ridley and King K. Rool are equals. One's killed his arch nemesis's parents and leads a group of pirates. The other tries to starve apes and leads a group of pirates (DKC2). Plus, both are reptiles. REPTILE BROS FOR LIFE!
All this master hand talk has got me turned on, time to go smash and beat some birds. :4falco::4dedede:....:troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That post about K. Rool being better than Ridley and Master Hand makes me hope that the in-game tips about K. Rool are written with a similarly cocky tone. There's one like that where it says "Dedede doesn't copy powers with Inhale because he's perfect as he is," and you could easily do similar ones with K. Rool's various moves.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Talking about a giant floating hand has you turned on. You have weird fetishes.
What can I say, I'm kinky like that.

Anyway back to Croc King. Do you guys think he'll shoot out cannonballs and spikes from his blunderbuss if it's part of his movest, or maybe just barrels and poison gases since bowser jr. and dedede already do that?

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so we haven't gotten any kredible info today, but the maintenance on Monday kould mean something. Kool. I've kompiled the minutes from today's discussion:

"No news, no calls, no tyranny until tomorrow"

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Imagine this. Tomorrow they announce the top 10 characters on the Smash Ballot and reset all the votes. Then they say the 3 characters with the most votes by October 3rd are DLC.

(And then K Rool, Goku, and Shrek win of course)

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu
Galleom
Duon
Petey Piranha
Porky
Kraid
Giygas
Metal Face
Hades
Andross
Lord Frederick
Grima
Emperor Bullborb

I honestly i'm fine with Ridley as a playable boss. Also of course K rool as a character :p. I think the following bosses would be sweet

Ridley/meta ridley
Petey Piranha
Porky
yellow devil
metal face
Yveltal
Metal sonic
demise
Giga Bowser
crazy/master hand
Tabu
dr. eggman
Krusha
Galactic knight or nightmare
hades
arceus
be weird but cool.... As the ultimate boss.. would be sakurai himself

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To be honest, I am very uncertain about this boss mode leak. I doubt that's what Sakurai and his team are focusing on right now (with the ballot going on and such, I doubt they are using development time for a boss mode). While it would be cool, I suppose (you can play as Ridley, yet I'd honestly favor a playable Super Metroid Ridley rather then a clone of Ridley. That's basically what a lot of people want). Also, the fact that he said he can't keep the development team forever shows us that he may not have had time to create another mode that may of been intended from the start. If this leak is true, however, maybe he was making it because he wanted to appease the Ridley fans and make him a boss character you can play as? Seems like a plausible theory (the only problem I have with this leak is that they'd have to give the current bosses, including Ridley, move revamps, as the attacks they have certainly would take them ages to defeat a player, so I doubt they'd want to do all that for boss characters while they're making actual playable characters such as K. Rool).

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
That post about K. Rool being better than Ridley and Master Hand makes me hope that the in-game tips about K. Rool are written with a similarly cocky tone. There's one like that where it says "Dedede doesn't copy powers with Inhale because he's perfect as he is," and you could easily do similar ones with K. Rool's various moves.
"Unlike some fighters King K Rool performs well in the air as on the ground use his forward smash to send your opponent out of the ring" A little long but yeah I tried...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would hope so. What ones could you all come up with?

Cuz I got nothin
"K. Rool's crown toss leaves him open to attack, but don't rush in too fast! He may just be feigning vulnerability to get you overconfident! A brilliant long-game strategist, that K. Rool..."

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
"K. Rool can instantly attack from his taunts, making him so much better then characters who have to finish theirs."

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I haven't caught up, does this leak mention King K. Rool or any character? Or just boss mode

Pakky

Smash Hero
"K. Rool can instantly attack from his taunts, making him so much better then characters who have to finish theirs."
PK fire is hot but if you want to be Kool try using King K. Rool's blunderbuss to blow away the competition.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I haven't caught up, does this leak mention King K. Rool or any character? Or just boss mode
Only mentions boss mode. Personally I think if there is an update coming we'd get at least a character announced, but perhaps any character reveals are just being kept very tightly under wraps. (Unless this mode comes with a shrunk down fully playable Ridley, which is doubtful :p).

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Only mentions boss mode. Personally I think if there is an update coming we'd get at least a character announced, but perhaps any character reveals are just being kept very tightly under wraps. (Unless this mode comes with a shrunk down fully playable Ridley, which is doubtful :p).
I would love that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Saw the new leak

Not going deep on that

And to many misprints is a big red flag for this one

And one of the pictures is not showing the bosses selectable and isn't the green arrow 3ds one

And on the stage select is a orange one when you put in miiverse.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Just a few more hours to discover there was nothing to expect and we have to wait 1 month still for any info. Yay!.

Regarding 4chan leak No. 124. Getting a Boss mode is the perfect thing to release next to K. Rool "the boss playable outside of Boss mode".

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Just a few more hours to discover there was nothing to expect and we have to wait 1 month still for any info. Yay!.

Regarding 4chan leak No. 124. Getting a Boss mode is the perfect thing to release next to K. Rool "the boss playable outside of Boss mode".
wait what's in a few hours?

Top Bottom