• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
i feel like the costume might also be a troll to make us think k. rool is just going to be reduced to a costume, and then surprise us with a character reveal down the road.
of course, in reality, he probably is just a costume, but reading some posts on this forum have made my hope a little stronger.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Of course, Nintendo never wants to crush people's dreams but who knows.
Unfortunately there's absolutely no reason customer support would know anything about this, let alone the American one.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
good god the costume looks amazing.

the reflections on the belly and crown, the detail of the cape...

...so much coding done for a simple Mii costume?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Regardless of whether or not he's actually in, that wouldn't mean anything. Black Knight's costume, Lloyd's costume and the rest look good. They wouldn't half-ass a Mii costume because it's "just a simple Mii costume." It's in the game, and it has to look good. And even then, it doesn't look that good.

Plus it's not like they'd be taking assets from a character and putting them on a Mii costume 1:1.

Last edited:

deleted

Smash Cadet
Um just curious do mii costumes take awhile to make cuz wouldn't that mean costume like the king k rool one would have been bieng worked on for awhile ?

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Can I just say that the Flying Man costume annoys me on extreme levels?

Not because it exists. I love it as an idea, and think Flying Man's Magicant plays tyke fits perfectly with Mii Brawler. I'm annoyed by the stupid mascot head ruining it from being perfect. That outfit would be perfect if it covered the whole head. We could have felt like we were playing as Flying Man, but now we have this giant Mii face, ruining the illusion that we are Flying Man,

It just feels like a potentially perfect opportunity kinda ruined.
Get on my level, scrub.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Samus mii costume let me get some hope for k.rool.

i feel like they want 1 mii costume from serie.
( Wave 1 got Link(Zelda) ,Megaman, animal crossing)

this one get

Fire emblem : chrom
mother : flying man
DK : K.rool. ( it's hard to thing for a better costume in DK GAMES.)
metroid : samus

in the end, maybe almost all playable character will get a mii version.

meantime i will go vote for k.rool again!

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
FE has the Black Knight and Chrom, mind you.

I do feel like the Mii costumes are just meant to give some more love to franchises in the game. I mean, I'm a huge EB fan but I don't particularly care for Flying Man. I'd rather, I dunno, a Jeff Gunner outfit. But Flying Man is cool. Having 5 Flying Man Miis on a Team with Ness and trying to beat them with Ganondorf and Zelda so I can have Courage x 5 vs Power and Wisdom is cool. But they don't mean anything in the long run.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I bought the costume. I really don't think this has anything to do with K. Rool's inclusion, so I'm just digging how they went with the Rare design for it, meaning that they'll most likely choose it too for the actual character if the King makes it in :)

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
You know what's weird? I had a wishlist for the next mii fighter costumes and no I haven't K. Rool in it. I had hoped that a Mario suit will be available and next to that is the Samus outfit. In the morning, my wish has finally come true. The next one will be either a Mario suit for the Brawlers or Kid Icarus for the Swordfighters.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
FE has the Black Knight and Chrom, mind you.

I do feel like the Mii costumes are just meant to give some more love to franchises in the game. I mean, I'm a huge EB fan but I don't particularly care for Flying Man. I'd rather, I dunno, a Jeff Gunner outfit. But Flying Man is cool. Having 5 Flying Man Miis on a Team with Ness and trying to beat them with Ganondorf and Zelda so I can have Courage x 5 vs Power and Wisdom is cool. But they don't mean anything in the long run.
It's actually pretty easy to make a Jeff gunner as is. I made one myself - you can make a Mii with frosted glasses, blonde hair just like Jeff's, and his same " : | " mouth. Make his favorite color green and dress him up in a fancy suit.

It's not perfect, but it's actually pretty good. I did the same thing for Mii Swordfighter with Poo. :D

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Maybe Sakurai didn't retweet the K. Rool costume because it was meant to be revealed later, and not as part of this DLC wave?

...Maybe I have no proof or evidence of this and should probably stop reading into things that have no meaning? I dunno. :T

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, I've been thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know)...with the exception of K. Rool, what remotely important DK characters could have gotten turned into Mii costumes? All of the other important Kongs stand on all fours or hunched way over low, so they wouldn't translate all that well.

inb4 Jumpman

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You know, I've been thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know)...with the exception of K. Rool, what remotely important DK characters could have gotten turned into Mii costumes? All of the other important Kongs stand on all fours or hunched way over low, so they wouldn't translate all that well.

inb4 Jumpman
Pssh, Jumpman. inb4 Stanley the Bugman.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can see Funky Kong becoming a Mii costume somehow. Just have a cutout of his head with accessories and a body suit and bam, costume.

That would look bizarre, yes, but that doesn't matter when the KKR costume exists.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

inb4 Jumpman
Funky, Chunky, Candy, Tiny and Lanky. All would work as costumes as all are relatively bipedal

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

inb4 Jumpman
Chunky and Tiny Kong, maybe. But Chunky suffers from the same problem K. Rool does, being really huge by default, and Tiny has those freaky human proportions now that might not work well Mii-ized.

I dunno. I wouldn't have balked at a Klump or Krusha skin.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Just woke up. Seems like nothing has changed in terms of news regarding K.Rool.

How's the general mood today after the costume's release? I'm still hopeful.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just woke up. Seems like nothing has changed in terms of news regarding K.Rool.

How's the general mood today after the costume's release? I'm still hopeful.
Currently? I think he's most likely coming. Its looking extremely likely we've got four more characters (there's a "Character DLC Bundle 1" with the first four characters), there's a slim chance at getting more third-party DLC characters, and it also seems like the Mii fighters have been in development before the ballot.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm pretty confident. No more or less than I was prior to this whole shindig, but I'm well over the initial shock. :3

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Not much. Update changed some characters. Black Knight costume looks fire. Bout it.
Yeah I also want to say that the Black Knight costume looks really good.
I put it on a big Mii and made him all power/defense. He feels good to play as and looks really cool.
I can't wait to show people onl- oh wait.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Whelp I'm weak and I bought it... The deprivation of K. Rool I had to deal with the last few years will make me buy ANYTHING K. Rool related...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm hopeful that things will turn around for us. The fact that K. Rool (in his Rare design, no less) was acknowledged somehow is good for his future, at least.

I have to say, Mii fighters really added another layer of difficulty on the already puzzling guesswork of a character's chances.

:231:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Of course, Nintendo never wants to crush people's dreams but who knows.
That's great! The king still has a chance!

Maybe if the King gets in, we can refer the the K. Rool costume Mii as King K. Rool Jr.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeah I also want to say that the Black Knight costume looks really good.
I put it on a big Mii and made him all power/defense. He feels good to play as and looks really cool.
I can't wait to show people onl- oh wait.
Actually, you can bring that mii to tourney mode. Odd, I know

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Maybe if the King gets in, we can refer the the K. Rool costume Mii as King K. Rool Jr.
Yeah, no, I don't think this means anything. The only one who knows what Mii fighters mean is Sakurai.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Well that's great for Lloyd and K Rool. :) Who knows maybe those two mii costumes will help them.

Top Bottom