• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Yeah, no, I don't think this means anything. The only one who knows what Mii fighters mean is Sakurai.
This is one of, if not the biggest PR event Nintendo is pulling off this year, pretty sure they would at least put together a basic information/guidelines for the employees who are going to get bombarded with questions referring to it. So yeah, I think they know what they are talking about

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You know, I've been thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know)...with the exception of K. Rool, what remotely important DK characters could have gotten turned into Mii costumes? All of the other important Kongs stand on all fours or hunched way over low, so they wouldn't translate all that well.

inb4 Jumpman
Now I want a King K. Rool version of Gaston's song.

Thanks, Satan K. Koopa. :p

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ugh man......
Why.....cant believe this man...i personally consider him deconfirmed...

Why....
Would have been so great...
I see Shantae or Rayman getting in.
Bro, if you want K Rool so bad, why are you giving up on him. I haven't given up, tons of people here haven't given up. Hell, I haven't given up on Ridley's chances, however small they may be.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Interesting...I know twitter does have limited space but I'd love for Sirfishie to come back to the thread and give us an overview about how the call went, perhaps who he was speaking too who had authority to discuss this?

Also @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman I'm going to agree with @ MandoBardanJusik MandoBardanJusik here, I don't think the NoA employees would say this with certainty if they didn't actually know it. If anything, if Nintendo gets sufficient calls regarding K. Rool and his chances in the ballot being effected by this Mii, they may make an official statement on it.

If Sirfishie's claim holds true, then the Kampaign is back on course and the detractors can suck a crystal coconut can continue how K. Rool's been deconfirmed, we will continue kampaigning.

Edit: Also, if this is legitimate, I have to give thanks for Sirfishie for asking and getting such a straight answer. I don't think any of us thought to actually contact them directly, nor expect to get any solid answer as "No, it has no baring on K. Rool's ballot chances". We may turn this around yet. God damnit, now I'm in full kampaign mode again.

Edit Again: When do you think we'll get another Gamexplain video about Sirfhisie's tweet?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So after a few days to calm down, I think I'm good again.

Still haven't bought the Kosplay outfit since I don't use Miis at all. Honestly, I'd probably not even buy a Mii outfit unless they talked to Disney and got Avengers outfits...

I can still hope that a real K.Rool is inbound (along with Ridley), and that we'll finally get what those series deserve. We only have two more confirmed 'Mario' slots, and no hint that any more are coming. Personally, I'm not looking forward to any more third-parties - unless they're super iconic, I'm saving my money; I think most of them make great candidates for Mii outfits, and leave the Nintendo characters for the Nintendo all-star game. There are so many Nintendo first-parties I'd love to see (and get amiibo for).

This costume therefore comes with all the same problems that the NPCs have: people will assume it menas nothing and stop voting. However, I think there's a reprieve for us here that characters like Isabelle or Waluigi don't have - we already got loads of votes in. Also, there's a bit of a 'Ridley effect' going on, in that people are not accepting that this is all he'll get, so are voting a lot. A lot of polls are putting Ridley really high, despite his deconfirmation. Same with us - wemay still be getting in the top of the ballot.

True, the ballot is just a suggestion box, but I think Nintendo would have to at least make a comment on why the top 3 in legitimate votes are impossible to make if they won't be full characters.

At least Nintendo knows now how much we want the Rool. Hopefully we'll see what we should in due time.

So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)? Because...confession time...I've played a grand total of half a DK game. I never finished DK64. And that's it. Still, I think the character of K.Rool is incredibly deserving as the recurring villain of DK island. He's pretty well done in that game as a cross between an evil villain and the comic relief, and I really enjoy it. Not to mention that Smash needs more villains - who wants to just have good guys fighting good guys? Same with Metroid and Ridley: my only game was the first level of Metroid II. Still, I think Ridley is one of the most deserving characters for Smash.
My point here: I don't want these guys in since their series is under served (which is also true). I could make cases all day for why Midna, Ghirahim, Zant, and Impa all deserve to get in for Zelda, but I know they're not all earth-shatteringly important to people outside the series. But for K.Rool and Ridley, I want them in because of who they are, and I'm coming from the prospect of a near-complete series outsider. They deserve it.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Interesting...I know twitter does have limited space but I'd love for Sirfishie to come back to the thread and give us an overview about how the call went, perhaps who he was speaking too who had authority to discuss this?
hey everyone! Im so desperate for king k rool right now that I actually called Nintendo of America! So i spoke to this lady and asked her some stuff. I asked her specifically about the costumes for the new update for smash. The first thing i said was "does a costume for a specific character mean that the character will not win the smash bros ballot?" she saids "not at all" .She mentions that if a specific character is costume there most likely going to be in the game? She later on said that it does not matter if their a costume. They can still win the ballot. That having a costume DOESN'T, i repeat DOESN'T, affect a characters chance AT ALL of winning the smash bros ballot. That its all just on who the people want. I can not make this up guys! you can call them and ask for yourselves. Still no news on a direct tomorrow. The King is not dead! keep voting!
He mentioned this earlier this morning.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The plot thickens!

Also, what is this about Direct news that @ CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica said?
I'm not aware of any Direct news. Its possible we could get something later this month. I don't know if they'd announce anything Smash related there, but they possibly could. Its also possible we may not get a Direct until October, though.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Why doesn't whomever owns the Kampaign Twitter account tweet a few nintendo accounts to ask if the costume has any ballot bearing?

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Now I want a King K. Rool version of Gaston's song.

Thanks, Satan K. Koopa. :p
No one's mean as K. Rool!
No one's schemes like K. Rool!
No one's skin is as scaly and green as K Rool's!
"I'll destroy all those Kongs in my boxing ring!"
What a shock of a Kroc that K. Rool!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sorry, got mixed up. I read it in the Wolf thread. Most likely a fake anyway. In case you'r interested...
August 1st huh? Yeah no, I think we would have heard about it by now since it's less than a day away. Also two more returning vets and a third party, just like LAST time eh? Wolf, Pichu/Young Link and Rayman or something? Nah. 2 pre-ballots at most, assuming we even get any more. I'm still optimistic about Wolf's chances however.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
No one's mean as K. Rool!
No one's schemes like K. Rool!
No one's skin is as scaly and green as K Rool's!
"I'll destroy all those Kongs in my boxing ring!"
What a shock of a Kroc that K. Rool!
Thank you.

Makes even more sense if you replace Belle's rejection with the Kostume announcement.

StormC

Smash Hero
So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)?

-Lifelong Donkey Kong fan
-Fan of the character
-Moveset potential
-Lack of heavyweights
-Lack of villains
-Would guaranteed his return to DKC proper

:4megaman:
-Huge Mega Man fan, both the series and the character
-Always felt he was the most logical third party choice, even more than Sonic
-Moveset potential
-Justice for how the franchise has been mistreated since Inafune left Capcom

:4palutena:
-Loved Uprising, Palutena had a major role in it
-Lack of female fighters (pre-4)
-Curiosity in how they would implement her as a fighter (sadly somewhat disappointing execution)

:snake:
-Cut veteran with unique moveset
-Creative, unique playstyle
-His inclusion introduced me to Metal Gear (MGS1/Solid Snake being my all-time favorite game/character)

:wolf:
-Cut veteran with (mostly) unique moveset
-Brawl main
-Fan of the character (was one of my Brawl character requests, actually)
-Lack of villains

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I went through the thread since I last posted and seen the Dr. Mario stage pop up, so I didn't know if this was already posted here:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Cuz it's fake. A damn good fake I might add.

I might have been a :079: on this one though.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)?
King K. Rool:
1. Moveset potential is amazing.
2. I like his design.
3. DK deserves more playable characters and representation in general.
4. He's a villain. I like villains as you can see from my other top picks.

Ridley:
1. I like design.
2. I like villains.
3. Metroid deserves another character that's not Samus and Sexier Samus.

Samurai Goroh:
1. Villainy guy.
2. ****ing samurai with a katana.
3. F-Zero needs more representation and Samurai Goroh is the second important F-Zero character.

:4bowserjr::
1. Grew up playing Super Mario Sunshine (kinda just ****ed around in Delfino Plaza though).
2. Villain

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
K. ROOL

- I'm a relatively recent fan of the Donkey Kong series
- He has a ton of moveset potential and would be fun to play
- Memorable boss fights, among my favourites in vidya history
- Immensely loveable character with a huge amount of personality

WONDER RED

- The Wonderful 101 is one of my all-time favourite games
- I'm a big fan of over-the-top superheroes and wacky costumes
- As above: ton of moveset potential, would be fun to play
- As above: immensely loveable character, huge amount of personality

TIKI

- I'm a huge fan of Fire Emblem
- Among my absolute favourite characters in the series
- Potential for a very fun and dynamic moveset
- Who doesn't like dragon girls?!

ANNA

- As above: huge Fire Emblem fan, very fond of the character
- Moveset potential is huge, would be extremely fun to play
- It'd be fun to play as the series' beloved mascot
- I like rogues and thief-type characters

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He mentioned this earlier this morning.
What would that lady know though? And what would she be allowed to say even if she knew stuff

Also obviosuly she is gonna promote and say nothing but good not to disappoint because she us representing nintendo.
She most probly has no idea what he is talking about

Top 3:

King K. Rool
- Pretty much the same reasons as StormC + lack of DK representation

Bandana Dee
- Fan of the series and the character
- Moveset potential
- He is so cute

Wolf
- Lack of villains
- Unique character
- Cutting him did not make sense
- Fan of the character

Other characters I want:

Ridley
- Lack of villains
- Lack of Metroid representation
- Moveset potential
- Fan of the character

Gengar
- 2nd favorite Pokemon (1st favorite in childhood tied with Arbok)
- Moveset potential
- Fan of the series

Black Mage
- Lack of magician-type characters
- Fan of the character
- Moveset potential
- He is one of my mains in SSF2
- Best pick for SE rep imo

Kamek
- Lack of villains
- Fan of the character and the series
- Moveset potential

Didn't list the ones that got in (Mega Man, Mewtwo and Bowser Jr. were the only ones).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Didn't you say that you thought the costume deconfirmed him, or did I read that wrong?
I think he still thinks there's no hope, but he's thinking "Well, I still don't think K. Rool is getting in anyway, but at that rate, I might as well do all I can to support him. The worst that can happen is I'm right and nothing changes, and if I'm wrong..."

That's kinda what I'm thinking based on his statements.

Of topic but curious:
Havent bought no DLC stages but just played on hyrule castle 64 on for glory?
Whats up.?
You can't play them locally, but I think if someone else bought the stage, you can play on it online.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
All DLC content goes into the game when you update it, but you have to pay to unlock it.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Top 3:

King K. Rool
- Pretty much the same reasons as StormC + lack of DK representation

Bandana Dee
- Fan of the series and the character
- Moveset potential
- He is so cute

Wolf
- Lack of villains
- Unique character
- Cutting him did not make sense
- Fan of the character

Other characters I want:

Ridley
- Lack of villains
- Lack of Metroid representation
- Moveset potential
- Fan of the character

Gengar
- 2nd favorite Pokemon (1st favorite in childhood tied with Arbok)
- Moveset potential
- Fan of the series

Black Mage
- Fan of the character
- Moveset potential
- He is one of my mains in SSF2
- Best pick for SE rep imo

Kamek
- Lack of villains
- Fan of the character and the series
- Moveset potential

Didn't list the ones that got in (Mega Man, Mewtwo and Bowser Jr. were the only ones).
would birdo be a good addition to smash? like.... birdo could represent smb2. :O

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm going to call in later and ask about K. Rool and the costume as well. In fact, I encourage anyone who can to do the same. The more feedback Nintendo gets regarding the character, the more they know we care.

Glad to see most people here are still gung ho about supporting our cause until the end. It would be supremely negative to collectively give up and start throwing votes elsewhere instead of doubling down with such an uncertain future ahead.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm going to call in later and ask about K. Rool and the costume as well. In fact, I encourage anyone who can to do the same. The more feedback Nintendo gets regarding the character, the more they know we care.

Glad to see most people here are still gung ho about supporting our cause until the end. It would be supremely negative to collectively give up and start throwing votes elsewhere instead of doubling down with such an uncertain future ahead.
Ha, I threw in a vote for Tiki and Anna the day before the kostume's konfirmation.

The moment I saw it, I immediately threw in a vote for K. Rool.

If anything, this has encouraged people like me that were too complacent to get stuck into the game and get a real vote in.

I'm with you guys to the end. If this galleon goes down, I'm goin' down with it!

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
King K Rool

- Villain
-Heavyweight
-Personality
-Design
-Childhood memories
-Potential

Waluigi

-Awesome Voice
-Silly
-Anti-Hero
-Sneaky
-Funny

Sturm

-Design
-Behavious
-Intellect
-Villain

Wolf

-Villain
-Design
-Voice
-Doggy :3

Gengar

-Design
-Childhood memories
-Ghost
-Potential

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
For K. Rool, the Donkey Kong Country series was a big part of my childhood, and he had a pretty big impact on me as a character. Not only that, but he has the moveset potential and star power to further justify his place in Smash. He deserves it, plain and simple. For these same reasons I'd be okay with Dixie, but I wouldn't be truly satisfied until K. Rool got in alongside her. He's a fun character and he's got potential.

The only other character I actively support is Ridley, and it's more out of respect for his fans than anything. Ridley's support base has endured many metaphorical kicks to the face from detractors and continued supporting him, and that kind of tenacity is something I can definitely get behind. Also he generally looks like a character that would be fun to play and Metroid could use the representation.

would birdo be a good addition to smash? like.... birdo could represent smb2. :O
Not really... too unpopular among fans, too much competition and there other more popular and deserving Mario characters (Toad/Captain Toad, Paper Mario, even Daisy and Waluigi).

EDIT: And having a character just to represent one game from a series which has hundreds of other games is a fairly bad argument, though fans of certain other character tend to use this argument as well.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I think there are much better villain/Mario choices than Birdo. Waluigi could fit the same role as Birdo bar SMB2 representation with a better outcome imo. Plus, I don't think Mario should or will get anymore newcomers this game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Sorry, got mixed up. I read it in the Wolf thread. Most likely a fake anyway. In case you'r interested...
>2 Returning and 1 3rd Party
So, Wolf and...
Snake isn't a possibility because he wasn't labelled as a 3rd party himself plus Konami's kinda dead
Ice Climbers are deemed "Literally Impossible" for 3DS terms, so they're out
So that leaves :ivysaur:, :squirtle:, :younglinkmelee: and :pichumelee:.
3/4 are Pokemon (As much as I love Ivysaur, do we really need more Pokemon), 2/4 are clones.
Fantastic. :drsad:
As for the 3rd Party...
Bomberman and Shantae come to mind.
If King K. was still a 3rd Party, he'd definitely have a shot.

Ho-hum. :drshrug:

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Until I see K. Rool's splash screen myself, he'll be the only character getting my vote(s).

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
>2 Returning and 1 3rd Party
So, Wolf and...
Snake isn't a possibility because he wasn't labelled as a 3rd party himself plus Konami's kinda dead
Ice Climbers are deemed "Literally Impossible" for 3DS terms, so they're out
So that leaves :ivysaur:, :squirtle:, :younglinkmelee: and :pichumelee:.
3/4 are Pokemon (As much as I love Ivysaur, do we really need more Pokemon), 2/4 are clones.
Fantastic. :drsad:
As for the 3rd Party...
Bomberman and Shantae come to mind.
If King K. was still a 3rd Party, he'd definitely have a shot.

Ho-hum. :drshrug:
You've used Konami as a negative against Snake and in the same post suggested Bomberman.

Hmm.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
It is good to see some positive energy in this thread.

I must stress this though, we CANT give up. The ballot is still ongoing. Now is the time to rally. We have to support K. Rool more than ever. We must communicate to Nintendo that the Mii costume is not an acceptable representation of the character.

We want the actual maniacal, tricky, dress-up loving, crown-throwing, blunderbuss-toting kroc as his own playable character.

I suggest contacting Nintendo directly via phone, submitting votes or even writing a letter to Nintendo.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, let me tell you a story.
I have never finished a DK game in my life, and only played DKC, and never even got to the Factory World before King K.
Never played a single Metroid game, so I have no clue about Ridley.
Never got to experience Rayman games to the fullest.
Never got to play as Bandana Dee in Return to Dreamland to see his potential.
I had no clue who Roy was besides "He was in Melee and I played as him".
I called Shulk "Just another swordsman".

But I strongly supported each and every one of them
Just because I thought "Hey, we got a nice community of people supporting a character they like. Why not join in and learn some things?"
And so I did.
And I learned things.
So that's why I'm here on Sakurai's Wild Ride. :drshrug:

Top Bottom