• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm going to keep supporting the King and I recommend you all do the same. Also, if you want Nintendo to take us seriously then buy the costume DLC; the worst thing they can do is tell us no. Even though I don't own a 3DS I plan to buy that DLC as well to show them I mean bushiness. I'm leaving Smashboard for a while, but will be back to check on you guys later. Finally, I would like to say listen listen to what @ BKupa666 BKupa666 has to say he has been pretty wise thread leader thus far and always points us in the right direction. Stay strong and unified Kutthroats.
Buying the costume may also give the impression that we're satisfied with it. It's a lose-lose the way I see it.

I'm just going to start hoping Retro uses him in the inevitable third DKC game.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I may have to take a break as well. I'll keep sending votes, but I think this thread is going to be a clusterfvck for a while...

Burigu

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't see how rushing to vote in the balloot really helps anything, Iwata never said that it was a guarantee that characters with the most votes will get in the game, if anything they might consider as always Sakurai has the final word in this.

I don't think the outfit really means anything since Miis got plenty of outfits based on existing characters, but the timing is really off, I mean other outfits based on characters CAME with the same character they are based on, while this is coming first, talk about hype kill.

He is not dead but he is not alive either. But I see this costume more negatively to his chances I mean WHY, why this costume? why now? to be honest I personally think characters released as costume DLC are not as likely as others who haven't gotten that treatment. But no body can tell for sure

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
So since everyone is sharing their opinions I feel obligated to share my own. I usually every single day set a bookmark on chrome of that last page I read of this forum page so the next morning I can read through. Last night I was awake when all the news dropped and I never did actually read the forum last night. (I'm glad I didn't no way I would have slept) I set my bookmark to page 865, only to wake up the next morning to pg 890 being the latest page. That sparked some alarm, either something amazing happened or something bad, in this case more towards a negative thing. I legitimately felt defeated, destroyed, and cheated when I opened the link to the twitter post to reveal the Mii outfit. The when looking through the post following I only got more down, seeing as all these wonderful supporters jumped ship. I started to get down, feeling that things were over. I just a few moment ago finished reading through every post to catch up on things, and have come to my own opinion finally. Here it goes:

I believe STILL that King K. Rool will be a playable character. As a very loyal fan and huge supporter of this character I honestly would have rather Sakurai have just shown the results of the poll and just say, sorry he didn't make the cut rather than throw this taunting costume in my face. Now that's just my opinion, and honestly I'm quite fond of the costume it looks like a lot of work was put into it, and stands out to me. I'm not fond with excepting the fact that,"King K. Rool is "playable" in the game now!" Sakurai is a troll but I can't see him doing this and going, "Well there ya have it, K Rool is in the game!" He just couldn't do this to us, I would have rather just been notified by them saying sorry it's a no-go. This is all a ruse to announce him is what I believe. Why would they jsut out of the blue make him, a "forgotten" character not seen in a game for 7 years a Mii fighter costume. It's to trick us all and really hype us up over our character. Do I 100% believe he's a shoe-in? Not at all, I feel that the best chance he has is in the next direct. If they have a direct to announce the out-fits and stages, and tourneys then that's where K Rool will storm in and destroy that mii costume. If he's not revealed in the very next direct, I believe his shots of making it in are pretty low. Like I said these are all just opinions and speculations. I could be and may be 100% incorrect, but I just have this gut feeling. Please Kutthroats don't stray away just yet, just have some faith and maybe just maybe our King makes it in. Could you imagine the announcement trailer for K Rool, I might die, after all I've just been through.

Ok well, thats my two cents, have a good one guys! Please stay LOYAL!

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Imagine this: today sakurai showed us k.rool mii outfit. Then friday a direct happens and we see a new character trailer. Its dixie kong. And during her trailer everybody thinks: "**** you sakurai how can you do that! You give us dixie instead of k.rool and he is a ****ing mii oufit???" And so on... and then king k.rool trailer at the end of dixie trailer! This would be so hype.

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
I really don't think the mii costume really is a bad thing. I mean, it doesn't exactly deconfirm K Rool or lower his chances. But it does show that he is acknowledged by Nintendo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was K Rool that popular with Japanese polls?

Maybe Sakurai only looks at the Japanese polls

The other polls are there to make use westerners feel like we're doing something; to feel included

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Was K Rool that popular with Japanese polls?

Maybe Sakurai only looks at the Japanese polls

The other polls are there to make use westerners feel like we're doing something; to feel included
I think it was the most wanted newcomer in Japan as well. Either him or Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I can only hope Sakurai is pulling that meta knight shuffle, and possibly showing him on friday, leaving it till next week would just be Krool, Is he disconfirmed if he not shown Friday?

I ain't leaving the Krew just yet we need to gird ourselves and not lost it regardless of what happens.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Oh guys guess what.
mario maker supports over 99(!!!!) amiibo.
This means many are yet to come.
Could K Rool be one of them and does it mean we could get more characters than we expected?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Still two months left for the poll. Good way to test if he sells well, and turn him into a full character. If you are worried continue voting. We can't stop voting this early!
How do we know that we can vote twice on the same computer, though? It could potentially erase all votes from that device.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
just a thought; When all the costumes of this new wave be revealed (they promised to show more tomorrow), they'll, probably, make a short trailer for it as they did with the others. I know it's hard to ask this, but, please, don't dislike the video.. that could be interpreted in a very bad way for the character itself. If they allow comments, share your opinions and discontent there.. but not broking the 'Thumbs-Down' button.

Eh.... Who I'm fooling, this video will end like the Metroid Prime: Federation Force one. .-.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Dude.

Sir.

Please. Seriously. Cartoon crocodile you're mad about here.

Deep breaths.

Let's keep the death threats to oursleves.
No dudd..its the ****ing principal of being bent over and ****ed over constantly and and again and again and again.
Thats why im so mad because its so much fake bias bull* and nothings gonna change or happen about it dude.

I have never had anyone i ever wanted added in smash bros.

Not only that E3 was ****ing dog****.

Nintendo just suck so major Donkey Dong its unreal.
You dont understand at all trust me.
Screwed over 24/7

And its not even just getting screwed over its major mocking and insult to injury aswell goes hand in hand and again..over and over and over again.
I dont give a flying Shy guy ****.

When i see Bull* i call it out RealTalk

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
just a thought; When all the costumes of this new wave be revealed (they promised to show more tomorrow), they'll, probably, make a short trailer for it as they did with the others. I know it's hard to ask this, but, please, don't dislike the video.. that could be interpreted in a very bad way for the character itself. If they allow comments, share your opinions and discontent there.. but not broking the 'Thumbs-Down' button.

Eh.... Who I'm fooling, this video will end like the Metroid Prime: Federation Force one. .-.
It probably will, UNLESS we're being trolled, *which is a very well possibility*, NIntendo / the smash dev. team yet again (e3 2015) let a LOT of people down and crushed a lot of people's dreams. There's going to be HUGE backlash for King K. Rool's exclusion considering he is one of the most wanted characters. So Nintendo should EXPECT the dislikes if anything. If K. Rool ACTUALLY is NOT coming to smash 4 after saying they were basing DLC off of "FAN SERVICE." Then that is the biggest lie of the year by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
No dudd..its the ****ing principal of being bent over and ****ed over constantly and and again and again and again.
Thats why im so mad because its so much fake bias bull* and nothings gonna change or happen about it dude.

Screwed over 24/7

And its not even just getting screwed over its major mocking and insult to injury aswell goes hand in hand and again..over and over and over again.

That makes me smile, thanks mate.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

Screwed over 24/7

Totally a good reason to wish death on someone, though.

Marigio300X

Smash Cadet
NNID
Marigio300X
3DS FC
2964-8586-7178
I was with K.Rool from the very beginning, and I'll stay with him until the very end. WHY THE KROC HASN'T HE ALREADY GOTTEN IN?!?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Screwed over 24/7

How about this for a reason to stop being so immature: You're acting like a real tool right now and making the rest of us look bad. Please, get off this thread if you'll contribute nothing but endless slurs to it. Thank you.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Screwed over 24/7

You know who you remind me of right now? D-idara.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
(Besides being a NPC) wasn't a reason the Ridley support thread was closed due to immature comments?

If so I don't want the same fate for this thread.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I wonder what Sakurai is trying to achieve through releasing these Mii costumes.

If he did see the ballot votes for K. Rool, what is he trying to do with showing the K. Rool Mii?
And why is he doing this before the ballot characters are announced? Doesn't this spoil the surprise a little?
Is this a prank trying to get us upset about K. Rool being only a costume, and then surprise us with him being a real character as well later on?
Or does he think he's trying to please the K. Rool supporters with this? But still, why would he show it earlier then, to hint at him not making it in, but at least getting a Mii costume since he sees he's popular?

Or... does he want to see how many would buy him by trying that out with a Mii costume and then decide on if he should be made a playable fighter?

Well, maybe he did plan on doing Dixie from the start since apparently she was considered since a while (leftover data in Brawl).
Or perhaps he will surprise us with a Dixie & K. Rool trailer in a few days?

I really hope DK is gonna get another representative. It's unbelievably underrepresented in terms of character amount and even other content (except for stages).

At least the costume looks really nice. Hopefully K. Rool will stay with us in the future. Either in Smash or in the new DK games.

Last edited:

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice

Screwed over 24/7

Epic. 10/10 would read again m8.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
K. Rool aside it just seems pretty lackluster that we'd get no hints to future characters if Friday comes and goes, not unless a Direct is planned for August. I'd at least expect Wolf at this point, it's too strange how he wasn't considered pre-ballot. I just really can't be certain on anything at this point. Who's to say other fan-favorites will be characters instead of Mii outfits.

Also @ Dark Phazon Dark Phazon please calm down. You're making an already bad situation worse by acting like this. No one here is happy about this except the occasional troll. One bad apple can spoil the bunch and yours is rotten to the core. Just go cool your head until this passes by us, we still have Friday coming up and a potential Direct and the ballot isn't even over yet.

________

You know what? I don't even care if K. Rool is not a character at this point. I dealt with Pyrosphere and I'll deal with this one. I'll just be a lot less enthusiastic about DLC from here on out. What makes this situation so awful for me is because I loved this thread and the people in it, and it was a high from all that good publicity that came crashing down all because of this announcement. Now we're the laughing stock of the Smash community and the Kampaign is divided. Some want us to keep on, some are staying optimistic, others are saying it's doom and gloom, some are jumping ship, and some are even taking up -literal- arms over it, which is awful.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
My 10$ says that this whole character vote thing is a publicity stunt and costumes are the best we will ever get. The DLC team has probably already decided who is coming back.

Top Bottom