• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well I copied K. Rools Smash4 trophy into paint and made his crown double the size and then it looked normal sized and sooooooooooo much better. Considering imo his PAON design looks like crap I'd definitely lose a lot of value, but that's just me.
Was talking more about gameplay-wise (being his crown the size of how it is in the PAON design, wouldn't affect anything.. it's smaller than his old crown, but it's still as big as many projectiles in Smash); But of course, everybody have their aesthetic preferences. =)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If he has alts that don't have the crown, what would you guys do to handle that for a crown attack?

Personally, I'd just position the hand so it could spawn a crown on its own if he isn't wearing one, while still looking like he's grabbing it if he's wearing one.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Say, wait a moment..

For people who still don't think this is a competition:

Game on.
*snip*

Edit: Ok, I see it now. I still have my doubts on all of this though.. As Sakurai is still infamous for trolling after all

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
If he has alts that don't have the crown, what would you guys do to handle that for a crown attack?

Personally, I'd just position the hand so it could spawn a crown on its own if he isn't wearing one, while still looking like he's grabbing it if he's wearing one.
I'd bet he wouldn't get any alts, just recolors. If he would, he might just take the crown outta nowhere anyway. Or he could just throw his kaptain hat if he had that alt.

@ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker

I looked at the twitter as well and it really is there! Just gotta scroll down a little? It's from April first.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

If we get the Kaptain costume, I can see him grabbing his crown under his pirate hat! (would be actually funny seeing that, XD).. and for the Baron costume.. I dunno, maybe an alternate animation that makes him picking up the crown from one of his shirt pockets. lol...

Yeah, was kinda the reason that I didn't went for those two classic costumes in my set of alternate colors (aside I thought that I wouldn't be able to do XD); but could work in a way or another... who knows?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh... "April 1st"... Ugh I hate that date. Are we sure that comment couldn't be a prank in itself? :/

Now there's really no way to know now...

Oh well. As I have stated, we might as well just wait and see what we actually get rather than jump to conclusions on what all we could see as fighters. As it is still several months away from the end of that ballot after all.

Edit: Also, we don't know what Sakurai's form of "not that many" is... XD
Double edit: Also... am I the only one that finds it interesting that those two posts happen to be in plain English while everything else is in Japanese?...

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh... "April 1st"... Ugh I hate that date. Are we sure that comment couldn't be a prank in itself? :/

Now there's really no way to know now...

Oh well. As I have stated, we might as well just wait and see what we actually get rather than jump to conclusions on what all we could see as fighters. As it is still several months away from the end of that ballot after all.

Edit: Also, we don't know what Sakurai's form of "not that many" is... XD
Double edit: Also... am I the only one that finds it interesting that those two posts happen to be in plain English while everything else is in Japanese?...
When the Direct happened it was April 2nd in Japan. I wouldn't worry about that, for serious.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I like better the Rare design of K. Rool is way better than PAON's
tbh I could see Nintendo going with the more rare-ish design despite having a trophy similar to the paon design. just feel like they wouldn't push that new design for us old fans who are voting for him on behalf of his older, RARE design.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
tbh I could see Nintendo going with the more rare-ish design despite having a trophy similar to the paon design. just feel like they wouldn't push that new design for us old fans who are voting for him on behalf of his older, RARE design.
I wouldn't find it too far-fetched either. Sakurai has went with classic designs for characters before. (Megaman over Megaman X, and Classic Pacman over Ghostly Adventure Pac for example)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think if King K. Rool gets in he's going to get a sort of hybrid design. I too prefer Rare's look, I enjoy the tall crown and long snout.
I kinda want the end of his cape to have a few tears in it to nod to him being "retired" for so long.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think if King K. Rool gets in he's going to get a sort of hybrid design. I too prefer Rare's look, I enjoy the tall crown and long snout.
I kinda want the end of his cape to have a few tears in it to nod to him being "retired" for so long.
Speaking of which...... In terms of canon, I wonder what the old King and the Kremlings had been doing the entire timespan of DKC returns, and Tropical Freeze?

StormC

Smash Hero
I wouldn't find it too far-fetched either. Sakurai has went with classic designs for characters before. (Megaman over Megaman X, and Classic Pacman over Ghostly Adventure Pac for example)
Mega Man X is an entirely different character from the original Mega Man, though.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I really don't see a problem with K. Rool's PAON design and the tail isn't really important since he never used it in any way.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really don't see a problem with K. Rool's PAON design and the tail isn't really important since he never used it in any way.
I always found his Rare design to just be much more..."K. Rool-y". It had it's own feel and it's own look, while I wouldn't hesitate at first glance to call K. Rool's PAON design crocodile Bowser.

To be fair, his DK64 design did have claws too, iirc, but I think the claws, and rounder frame (and smaller snout) really didn't help make him feel unique. And greatly reducing his bloodshot eye. C'mon, PAON.)

The fanart of the dkc trilogy is completed. the top 3 are mine and the bottom 3 are the original sprites that i used as a refrence.

i added the sprites here so we can use them as a comparison.

well im gonna take a break because my hand is killing me.

StormC

Smash Hero
I always found his Rare design to just be much more..."K. Rool-y". It had it's own feel and it's own look, while I wouldn't hesitate at first glance to call K. Rool's PAON design crocodile Bowser.

To be fair, his DK64 design did have claws too, iirc, but I think the claws, and rounder frame (and smaller snout) really didn't help make him feel unique. And greatly reducing his bloodshot eye. C'mon, PAON.)
If they just took the PAON design, upped the textures for HD, and increased the bloodshot eye, I'd be perfectly happy.

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I also haven't been around as of late, but am absolutely ecstatic about the further K. Rool support.
I got really down after the game was released, but I never gave up hope!
This is our time.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I know this is a *little* off-topic, but here's a list of all DLC characters I hope we get.
- King K. Rool
-Rayman
-Wolf
-Snake
-Shovel Knight (I know, but the more I think about what he would look like, the more hyped I get for him)

And come on, look at this art. You can't not want Rayman in Smash after looking at this.
the_ray_man_of_hope.jpg

I kinda want Shantae as well. After all, she's mostly been Nintendo-exclusive, and that kind of loyalty deserves her inclusion

Alright, I'll talk about K.Rool now. Don't hurt me, admins.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Apparently a lot of developers are pushing for their small-name characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae to be in Smash 4. K. Rool obviously deserves to be in it over them, but that was the case for a lot of other newcomers to Smash 4. I don't have anything against these characters but if any of them got in while big-shot K. Rool didn't, I would be sad. Unfortunately, Sakurai would probably consider them before K. Rool if the whole "relevance" thing is real. Come on, is K. Rool too much to ask? Just one little K. Rool is all I need. Just give me that and I can love again.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think western indie characters have any realistic chance of being in Smash. Especially ones not released in Japan.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Apparently a lot of developers are pushing for their small-name characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae to be in Smash 4. K. Rool obviously deserves to be in it over them, but that was the case for a lot of other newcomers to Smash 4. I don't have anything against these characters but if any of them got in while big-shot K. Rool didn't, I would be sad. Unfortunately, Sakurai would probably consider them before K. Rool if the whole "relevance" thing is real. Come on, is K. Rool too much to ask? Just one little K. Rool is all I need. Just give me that and I can love again.
While I can agree with Shovel Knight being young, pairing Shantae with him is a bit much.. I'd like to present a bit of backstory, if you guys wouldn't mind ^_^

Her "obscurity", as many like to pull against her is primarily bad luck in her beginnings.. Her first game released on Gameboy Color in 2002.. which of course was near the end of the handheld's life. That caused the game to see a limited release.

In fact, after that game She wouldn't see a sequel for eight years.. quite sad and needless to be honest.

She has 3 games under her belt so far, with a 4th, Wii U exclusive one, dubbed "Half-Genie Hero" in the works too. 99% of these titles released exclusively on Nintendo consoles (Risky's Revenge being the only exception. While debuting for the DSiWare, it later received ports for iOS and Steam) Even despite that, she is actually "barely" indie.. Her series is quite dedicated to Nintendo for being considered indie by today's standards. She also has a fairly big moveset pool that can be pulled from the three titles

Also, while not having been released in Japan, she has a cult following there as well... The fans over there desperately want the series to be localized. So, she is anything but small, like the one year old Shovel Knight (I'm serious actually. The game is literally a year old XD)

And to be honest with you... King K. would be considered more "relevant" than Shantae is, by everyone's standards. I mean he is the biggest villain in the DKC series, has loads of moveset potential, and has a huge fan following.

Even with this I hardly see relevance as an issue in all this. Look at the ice climbers for example. They were probably as obscure as you could get back in their debut in Melee, and Sakurai added them.. Speaking of Melee, remember Fire Emblem? Smash practically helped get that series localized out of Japan to begin with..

To be honest, I'd be more peeved if the likes of Cat Mario got in -_-

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Just to note, not pushing any particular fighter here (as you might notice from my signature, I support quite a few campaigns myself)

Can we just try to be a bit civil here? There's no need to step on other great characters over the ballot (As I have learnt from my own unfounded hate against certain characters.. won't name any names here) Its a big race. Many fans are rallying for characters they love, just as you all are doing here. Lets not turn this thing into a political scale brawl, alright? ^_^

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I support lean mean K.Rool to be DLC. I'm also looking forward to DK64 getting released on the VC this Thursday. Even though DK64 tends to be a fairly controversial game, I really enjoyed it.

Speaking of which, i'm hoping Nintendo will take in to consideration doing another DK64 styled game on the Wii U or whatever console if the game sells well on the VC. If DKC can be revived, I don't see why DK64 can't get the same treatment as well.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Megaman and Megaman X are two different characters ,X it not a redesign of Megaman.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
While I'm waiting for a little detail for finish my next mockup for the Kremling Kampaign, I tried to fool around with audio... but I failed miserably trying to do something kool. :p... well, here's the result;
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1EMF0hevBXy

nothing special, just for spend time; XD
(BTW, this is the Brawl announcer)

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
While I'm waiting for a little detail for finish my next mockup for the Kremling Kampaign, I tried to fool around with audio... but I failed miserably trying to do something kool. :p... well, here's the result;
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1EMF0hevBXy

nothing special, just for spend time; XD
(BTW, this is the Brawl announcer)
That gave me goosebumps. I want this to happen so bad.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think western indie characters have any realistic chance of being in Smash. Especially ones not released in Japan.
I wouldn't say indies have zero chance. After all, there is a Commander Video trophy available in Smash Wii U.

But there's no denying that several indies who want their characters in have way overblown expectations (I think Shantae could be the safest vote for all indies IMO).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, i'm not the best artist, but I drew up a miiverse post in support of the King.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, the king has been getting so much support, lately. With all the support and votes for him, I can't see how Nintendo and Sakurai would ignore all that. If they were to ignore that and not put him, I would be surprised, puzzled and upset about that.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Lets also not forget, such support isn't in vain. I highly doubt Nintendo would just use the information from the ballot for just DLC for Sm4sh. Its very likely they could use the information gathered for newcomers that could appear in the fifth installment as well, far in the future. One must never give up hope ^_^. Just keep pushing.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, they said they would take it into consideration for future titles, pretty sure.

I wouldn't say indies have zero chance. After all, there is a Commander Video trophy available in Smash Wii U.

But there's no denying that several indies who want their characters in have way overblown expectations (I think Shantae could be the safest vote for all indies IMO).
I agree it's not zero. Just that I feel like some people think characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae are already a sure thing.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah, they said they would take it into consideration for future titles, pretty sure.

I agree it's not zero. Just that I feel like some people think characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae are already a sure thing.
Most campaigns feel like their characters are a sure thing to be honest.

(And another pairing of Shantae with Shovel Knight :/.... I'd like to suggest scrolling up a few posts to the bit of backstory I gave in regards to the half-genie. The series doesn't nearly get as much respect and recognition as it should :/.. Just to put it into perspective for everyone, you're all putting a 13 year old cult classic in with a 1 year old character that doesn't even have enough games yet to qualify as an actual franchise..)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I read your post. As far as I'm concerned they're both about as likely, which is to say, they have pretty much the same amount of barriers for access and roughly equal amounts of support. One just has more games.

Top Bottom