• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

For people who still don't think this is a competition:

Game on.
Agreed. We're not getting more than seven characters and anyone who thinks that is delusion. Five to six characters is plenty and most fighting games have less. It's a matter of getting Nintendo to be convinced King K. Rool is worthy of being among the last two to three characters (assume Wolf is in as well).
Well Artsy Omni responded to me after sending CyberWolfJV's King K. Ideal Size chart. Here is what he said:
View attachment 47220

OH and Playtonic Games responded as well to the same pic:
View attachment 47221

They seem to have faith in King K. WINNING the ballot!!! :D
Really nice to hear about Omni. Hopefully we'll see him do King K. Rool next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think about how many DLC characters we might get and I realize that even if we end up with just 4 + Lucas and Mewtwo, that's still 24 bucks I have to throw in not considering any possible stage DLC I might be interested in.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
For people who still don't think this is a competition:

Game on.
If this was today or something, at least this should technically mean that hopes for more than one ballot character may not be unfounded.

Though we definitely aren't going to be singing kumbaya with all the possibilities, that's for damn sure.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If this was today or something, at least this should technically mean that hopes for more than one ballot character may not be unfounded.

Though we definitely aren't going to be singing kumbaya with all the possibilities, that's for damn sure.
That was posted the day the ballot was announced.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Any good ideas for some more specific moves in K Rool's moveset? I love the 'stronger floor attack' idea someone had as a nod to his DKC credits fake out. I haven't really played King of Swing/Jungle Climber many of the post-Rare pre-Retro DK games, so I'm trying to see what potential there is in his appearance from that era. Any idea how to work climbing onto pegs as an attack, guys? Maybe he can climb back up from ledges better (J/k, but now that I think about a character with stronger floor and ledge recovery attacks could be pretty interesting to fight).

There's also his boomeranging gloves from DK64 which could make a fantastic boomeranging crown custom (perhaps the gloves would have fantastic knockback compared to whatever utility the crown would have), and I've already mentioned how his blunderbuss propelled dash would be great.

But for stuff like aerials and tilts, it's a lot harder to come up with fitting moves.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Any good ideas for some more specific moves in K Rool's moveset? I love the 'stronger floor attack' idea someone had as a nod to his DKC credits fake out. I haven't really played King of Swing/Jungle Climber many of the post-Rare pre-Retro DK games, so I'm trying to see what potential there is in his appearance from that era. Any idea how to work climbing onto pegs as an attack, guys? Maybe he can climb back up from ledges better (J/k, but now that I think about a character with stronger floor and ledge recovery attacks could be pretty interesting to fight).

There's also his boomeranging gloves from DK64 which could make a fantastic boomeranging crown custom (perhaps the gloves would have fantastic knockback compared to whatever utility the crown would have), and I've already mentioned how his blunderbuss propelled dash would be great.

But for stuff like aerials and tilts, it's a lot harder to come up with fitting moves.
I was thinking for a jab combo he could swipe away with his arms then thrust his stomach for a third hit.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFuZFW8V76k
Just whipped this up but i would love for this to be K Rool's Victory Theme. Of course it would have to be jazzed up a bit so it sounds like a victory but it's a nice tune and technically the kong's game over is a victory to K Rool. I would be completely fine with the one posted earlier in the thread though. But sadly K Rool is probably gonna be like Ganondorf and have his victory theme be the same as the heroes of the series.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFuZFW8V76k
Just whipped this up but i would love for this to be K Rool's Victory Theme. Of course it would have to be jazzed up a bit so it sounds like a victory but it's a nice tune and technically the kong's game over is a victory to K Rool. I would be completely fine with the one posted earlier in the thread though. But sadly K Rool is probably gonna be like Ganondorf and have his victory theme be the same as the heroes of the series.
The end flourish seems to be taken from the Gangplank Galleon (https://youtu.be/SSsBwJ25pww?t=32s, end at 44, speed it up by clicking the gear icon and then speed for a higher tempo and a better example), which would definitely work as a victory theme considering how it's used both as a final boss theme and as a regular level theme.

Hopefully they add more DK music if K Rool gets in. Maybe another song used from a final boss? Some DKC level music? Something that isn't another rendition of god damn Jungle Japes, please.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What happens when politicians don't get what they wants. Somehow I have a feeling he would fit as one really well if he was human in real life.
Human? I would vote a crocodile into office. I think we may actually have an alligator in our state senate in Florida.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Human? I would vote a crocodile into office. I think we may actually have an alligator in our state senate in Florida.
Government everywhere is full of snakes, I don't see whatnwould be wrong with a croc myself.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

King of Swing has a spinning attack that would work as a dash attack like DK or as a Nair. The aerials are to an extent more difficult, but the tilts are quite easy to do if you focus on DK64. The tilts I came up with are the following:

Jab - the combo from DK64.
Side - Punches forward, his glove comes off the end of his fist for extra range (but is very weak to balance, a bit like Mega Mans pellet)
Down - Some kind of tripping attack, would be the only original move needed.
Up - Uppercut from DK64

With regards to the uppercut, a lot of people put this as the Up Smash. I don't because I put the cannonballs falling from the sky as an Up Smash, which I think would be really cool, and it lets you work in more references to the boss battles overall.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Teaser number three!

Now that's something recognizable! But wasn't there just yesterday something from his...
Progress every day! I don't know, how long it will take me, but it will be clearly a few days.

(By the way, please don't expect to much from the shading in the end. It pretty much is my achilles' heel.
[I assume "achilles' heel" also is a common proverb in english. If not, it means I'm not good at it. And now I wonder why I didn't just say that I'm not good at it.]

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I think the next character OR TWO are going to be newcomers. So K. Rool and whatever other newcomer have a good chance of relasing THIS YEAR or early next. I think we'll get Wolf because..... It's wolf... but not right off the bat.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Decided to compile some ideas I had for moves so far, as well as a basic explanation for them since it's hard to confer some information using sprites in ms paint.
Move ideas said:
Special: Blunderbuss Blast
Fires a cannonball that can be sucked back up. Only one cannonball can be on stage at a time (a la Wario’s bike)
Special #1: Cannonball wedges itself into stage with spikes.
Special #2: fumes that mess with jump height, move speed or dodge speed depending on color. From DKC2’s bossfight.

Side Special: Crown-a-round
Throws K. Rool’s crown, which arcs back after a certain distance. Quick to throw out, but slow to recatch.
Special #1: Boxing gloves that deal more knockback the further they are, but are otherwise weak. From DK64’s bossfight.
Special #2: A crown with a bizarre trajectory. Can hit multiple times.

Down Special: Kasplat
K. Rool leaps into the air and causes a shockwave when he lands. Based on shockwaves from DK64 and his jumping from DKC.
Special #1: K. Rool leaps into the air, dealing damage. No shockwave, but can be used repeatedly.
Special #2: K. Rool leaps through the air at high speed, running as he lands. Good for closing distances.

Up Special: Kopter
Propels K. Rool upwards. Light damage on propellers.
Special #1: no damage, but windbox around and below K. Rool pushes enemies away.
Special #2: all of K. Rool deals damage, but shortened vertical recovery.

Dash attack based on DKC2 ‘musket propelled slide’.
Floor attacks (aka attacking while knocked down) as well as ledge attacks have K. Rool feign defeat or groveling, but attacking with his crown as a sucker punch. Both deal more damage than usual as a nod to the DKC credits fake-out.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So i've been MIA for a while, but i've been on the supporters list for quite some time. Maybe some of you remember me?

Anyways, i wanted to pop back in and say i voted for K. Rool and i bought DKC on the virtual console. And MAN, is it hard. I'm on the ice world. Hopefully i'll have it beat by the time they announce K. Rool as a DLC fighter ;)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You think so? I think there aren't many boss attacks he has that can be copied onto those inputs, but you can still design plenty of fitting moves for them. Reflective chest bump for F-Tilt would work great, as would an U-Air with the helicopter pack's blade or a belly flop D-Air from Donkey Kong Land.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So i've been MIA for a while, but i've been on the supporters list for quite some time. Maybe some of you remember me?

Anyways, i wanted to pop back in and say i voted for K. Rool and i bought DKC on the virtual console. And MAN, is it hard. I'm on the ice world. Hopefully i'll have it beat by the time they announce K. Rool as a DLC fighter ;)
Awesome man!

Luigi player

Smash Master
K Rool without a tail looks really weird and crippled... but still, without is better than not being in the game at all obviously.
And the crown is a bigger deal to me. If the PAON design just had a crown that's double the size he'd actually still look like K. Rool a little more. To be honest the new non-RARE K. Rool doesn't really look like his old self anymore and that's sad to me since I grew up with his RARE design. But like I said, bigger crown would fix one of his biggest missings. It'd also be better for his crown throw attack since it'd have a bigger hitbox. :p

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Actually, while I was doing all my mockups with K. Rool's PAON design,.. I was just seeing his crown directly by his model in the Smash4 Trophy.. and I definitely didn't found that so small.. sure it clearly smaller than his Rare design, but as a projectile, how it is, wouldn't be smaller than the Mega Man's Metal Blade, for instance..
In the official renders the crown seems smaller by a perspective thing.. but just looking that in the game proportions, looks pretty okay..

I don't think that anything of real value would be lost by using his PAON design, being his moveset and among other details (like his animations) based most from the early games. Just like DK and Diddy.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Actually, while I was doing all my mockups with K. Rool's PAON design,.. I was just seeing his crown directly by his model in the Smash4 Trophy.. and I definitely didn't found that so small.. sure it clearly smaller than his Rare design, but as a projectile, how it is, wouldn't be smaller than the Mega Man's Metal Blade, for instance..
In the official renders the crown seems smaller by a perspective thing.. but just looking that in the game proportions, looks pretty okay..

I don't think that anything of real value would be lost by using his PAON design, being his moveset and among other details (like his animations) based most from the early games. Just like DK and Diddy.
Well I copied K. Rools Smash4 trophy into paint and made his crown double the size and then it looked normal sized and sooooooooooo much better. Considering imo his PAON design looks like crap I'd definitely lose a lot of value, but that's just me.

Top Bottom