• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
We need Metal Sonic , he would have a great move set would ba shame if he was a clone
1. This is offtopic

2. Eggman or Tails would be better in my opinion

3. K.Rool is better

4. Isaac is better

4,5. Ridley is better

5. K.Rool is better

(I don't want to laugh of Metal Sonic and your opinion by the way, it's a joke. )

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
No news, no calls! No tyranny until I'm in Smash Bros!
This is why he isn't in the new Donkey Kong Country games right now.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I made one more thing, friend Kremlings, and I'd like to share! =)... Revisiting my days of faithful supporter of Pac-Man before his official announcement, I made a simple size comparison using material from other games to try to imagine how he would look in Smash4; .... Then, I couldn't not to do for our King too!.. And here it is!

You may notice his stance based in his appearance in the first DKC (thought that would be the best fight stance for him); I used the Smash4 trophy to make this montage... and the size comparable of his Super Sluggers appearance (... long story... I used a picture of Mario close to a Kritter, then a Kritter close to K. Rool, and then turning everything with screenshots from Smash3DS, and including the Kritters from Smash Run, etc etc =P)..

His size here, actually is slight smaller than his Super Sluggers contra-part, to be honest.. 'cause turned that DK is way bigger in Smash than in Mario SpinOFFs.. and for doing an usually K. Rool bigger than DK, would result as the biggest fighter in Smash. =P... but, I think that close to Bowser's size it's OK for him.. since he's still bigger than his nemesis anyway.

With this little thing I made, I plan to put some effort to explore Alt. Colors (even though I'd prefer myself him having Alt. Costumes in Smash4, but would be asking too much, I guess.=P) and some items that change the look (The Super Leaf, The Metal Box, Bunny Hood,etc XD).

Hope you guys like. =)

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
I think K. Rool's Final Smash should be him falling down on the ground, playing dead, and then the credits roll up. While the credits roll, every character except for K. Rool would start taunting uncontrollably, leaving you free to do a powerful smash attack on them.
That was my suggestion! It just got hit with bottom page syndrome.

Honestly it should have the credits act like upwards moving platforms while assist trophies/pokemon randomly appear and walk/jump towards the other side of the screen with each credit being the credit for whatever thing appeared. All while K rool is lying dead and invincible or something.

StormC

Smash Hero
That's really cool, Cyberwolf. It actually makes K. Rool's inclusion feel more... tangible.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I made one more thing, friend Kremlings, and I'd like to share! =)... Revisiting my days of faithful supporter of Pac-Man before his official announcement, I made a simple size comparison using material from other games to try to imagine how he would look in Smash4; .... Then, I couldn't not to do for our King too!.. And here it is!

You may notice his stance based in his appearance in the first DKC (thought that would be the best fight stance for him); I used the Smash4 trophy to make this montage... and the size comparable of his Super Sluggers appearance (... long story... I used a picture of Mario close to a Kritter, then a Kritter close to K. Rool, and then turning everything with screenshots from Smash3DS, and including the Kritters from Smash Run, etc etc =P)..

His size here, actually is slight smaller than his Super Sluggers contra-part, to be honest.. 'cause turned that DK is way bigger in Smash than in Mario SpinOFFs.. and for doing an usually K. Rool bigger than DK, would result as the biggest fighter in Smash. =P... but, I think that close to Bowser's size it's OK for him.. since he's still bigger than his nemesis anyway.

With this little thing I made, I plan to put some effort to explore Alt. Colors (even though I'd prefer myself him having Alt. Costumes in Smash4, but would be asking too much, I guess.=P) and some items that change the look (The Super Leaf, The Metal Box, Bunny Hood,etc XD).

Hope you guys like. =)
Wow. I really like the way you made K. Rool look with his stance. Really helps me visualize what he'd look like in the game. Both him, DK and Diddy look like they came right out of the first DKC. His size too looks spot on. Good work!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

Hope you guys like. =)
That is beautiful! @_@ I honestly imagine him looking extremely close to that if he was in this game! Nice work!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
That's really cool, Cyberwolf. It actually makes K. Rool's inclusion feel more... tangible.
Wow. I really like the way you made K. Rool look with his stance. Really helps me visualize what he'd look like in the game. Both him, DK and Diddy look like they came right out of the first DKC. His size too looks spot on. Good work!
That is beautiful! @_@ I honestly imagine him looking extremely close to that if he was in this game! Nice work!
Thanks guys, I'm glad that I captured the right vibe for him! .. You know, it's awesome to share ideas together and see people commenting, but if we're able to do,.. some visual help doesn't hurt, and still assist to convince some doubters. ;)

I'm here to help! =D

(and sorry the delay in the replies... right now I'm using an old computer with slow internet....worst combination ever. D= ).

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Thanks guys, I'm glad that I captured the right vibe for him! .. You know, it's awesome to share ideas together and see people commenting, but if we're able to do,.. some visual help doesn't hurt, and still assist to convince some doubters. ;)

I'm here to help! =D

(and sorry the delay in the replies... right now I'm using an old computer with slow internet....worst combination ever. D= ).
I PM'd you. We should def try to spread what this looks like! Doubters BEWARE!!!

Paraka

Smash Rookie

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is a pretty good game, it was one of the first indies trying to pull for votes on Twitter. Quote is an alright character, but I don't think he's a good fit.
I see. I am sure it is good, but Quote getting in Smash? Seems like an extremely great blue whale-sized fat chance to me.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I see. I am sure it is good, but Quote getting in Smash? Seems like an extremely great blue whale-sized fat chance to me.
Eh. I'd almost say the same for Shovel Knight. But I still support it because I think he'd have a unique kind of moveset and his biggest ports have been on Nintendo systems.

Of kourse, let's keep this on topic. The King is where it's at. I put them in order of who I thought most likely to get in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Hope you guys like. =)
Sorry I'm late to the party, but this is incredible. It makes it so easy to visualize, and might do that for Nintendo as well! HE JUST FITS SO WELL.

Paraka

Smash Rookie
Agreed, since on a grand scheme, they are still tiny, but I root for them and their characters to gain recognition one day. Not on Smash, by their own merits, they do deserve this.

Nicalis (the dev team) even posted a little model which was impressive too.

Unsure if this was intentional or the model was ripped from another game, either way Quote looks pretty good for them.

Of kourse, let's keep this on topic. The King is where it's at. I put them in order of who I thought most likely to get in.
K. Rool's Imperial Rool #215: Always be about me.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Sorry I'm late to the party, but this is incredible. It makes it so easy to visualize, and might do that for Nintendo as well! HE JUST FITS SO WELL.
Don't worry, you came just in time. XD.. Thanks a billion! Means a lot that other K. Rool fans are liking what I can share. =) .. And yeah, what in heavens Nintendo/Sakurai is waiting? >:T

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Agreed, since on a grand scheme, they are still tiny, but I root for them and their characters to gain recognition one day. Not on Smash, by their own merits, they do deserve this.
I am sure they do.

Eh. I'd almost say the same for Shovel Knight. But I still support it because I think he'd have a unique kind of moveset and his biggest ports have been on Nintendo systems.

Yeah, I dunno about Quote, but Shovel Knight is overrated.

We now return to the main point of the topic: I am eager to know when K. Rool may be announced as DLC, if he ever is (I know it is likely, but still). It may take a while, and may even have to happen after E3. I just wish I knew when they'll say something about him.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Welp. I have to kill you now. Sorry, nothing personal.

Sudden thought. What if K. Rool got a new outfit for Smash? Khampion K.Rool, anyone?
So, klassic Krown, Roolstiens jetpack, Kaptain's Blunderbuss(and maybe coat), and Krusha's championship belt and outfit? sounds like an interesting mix

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
So, klassic Krown, Roolstiens jetpack, Kaptain's Blunderbuss(and maybe coat), and Krusha's championship belt and outfit? sounds like an interesting mix
I was thinking just a straight up new fighter-based design. He got... Kultist K. Rool in Sluggers?

What's a C word for a tribal leader?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Btw, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 if you haven't already I'd suggest you could circulate tweet that brilliant character size thing CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 did. It might be great for people on the fence as well general support.

Edit: OOOH! I've never done this before... let's see...

:4greninja:'d. ....Felt strange. I feel all tingly.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
TBH, I was never worried about da King's size. Several games (and the TV show) show him at a reasonable size compared to some of the Kongs.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I was thinking just a straight up new fighter-based design. He got... Kultist K. Rool in Sluggers?

What's a C word for a tribal leader?
Not a word beginning with C, but in Mongolian/Turkic languages, a kamuy (or kam) is a term which refers to a shaman. It already starts with a K, so it's an even better fit than normal!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Btw, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 if you haven't already I'd suggest you could circulate tweet that brilliant character size thing CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 did. It might be great for people on the fence as well general support.

It's on Reddit too, so everyone with an account, make sure to upvote it to prominence.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Welp. I have to kill you now. Sorry, nothing personal.

Sudden thought. What if K. Rool got a new outfit for Smash? Khampion K.Rool, anyone?
*shields himself, despite being late* You do know how immoral killing is, right?

Plus, that would be nice, I suppose. I think it'd be worth seeing some.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

I have it flying around on FB, Twitter, and Reddit. Lets see how many people realize how good of a fit our KING would be. Great Job again @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia ! People are really liking this on Twitter! Kremling Kampaigner retweeted it as well ! Made sure to tell all to hit you up for the grats! ;)

Last edited:

excel_k

Smash Rookie
My god, some of the stuff people say about K. Rool is so deluded lol. From saying he has no personality to saying he's too ugly. They clearly haven't played the games! BTW, the number one reason I'm a fan of K. Rool is because of his personas, which I found freaking hilarious! Yeah. He's ugly, but also very animated and funny in those expressions he exhibits. He shows plenty of character from his animations alone. Mainly talking from DKC alone, which I didn't play until I bought them on the Wii VC back in early 2008, when I was 16, so no nostalgia per se. Just fell in love with the series and the characters, and became a fan of DK, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool. That's when I wanted him in Smash in the future.:)

*edit, fixed some typos! Damn autocorrect.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
My god, some of the stuff people say about K. Room is so deluded lol. From saying he has no personality to saying he's too ugly. They clearly haven't played the games! BTW, the number one reason I'm a fan of K. Rool is because of his personas, which I found freaking hilarious! Yeah. He's ugly, but also very animated and funny in those expressions he exhibits. He shows plenty of character from his animations alone. Mainly talking from DKC alone, which I didn't play until I bought them on the Wii VC back in early 2008, when I was 16, so no nostalgia per se. Just fell in love with the series and the characters, and became a fan of DK, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool. That's when I wanted him in Smash in the future.:)

*edit, fixed some typos! Damn autocorrect.
That sounds like the perfect thing to say for : "Reason this character should be playable in the Smash Ballot"

Yes, you have a point though. This person on reddit insists that Roy is more deserving in every way of a spot than the KING....I mean really ROY? We have 2 Roys in this game already. Both genders too..

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra all star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/

Last edited:
Top Bottom