• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Who is this?
I dunno; there's a surprising number of big name youtubers who support K. Rool though, so I wouldn't worry.

In fact, isn't Maximillian Dood a fan of K. Rool? He's not big into competitive Smash so I don't expect him to care, but I do seem to remember him flipping a **** when Kremlings popped up in Smash Run in last April's direct.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Your reaction: King K.Rool gets in, but he's literally the worst character in any fighting game ever. All his moves are awesomely well taken from DKC and DK64, but are all extremely laggy thus hardly useful. He'd have negative match ups all over the roster, his best ones being 6-4's, and having a couple of 9-1's as well.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Your reaction: King K.Rool gets in, but he's literally the worst character in any fighting game ever. All his moves are awesomely well taken from DKC and DK64, but are all extremely laggy thus hardly useful. He'd have negative match ups all over the roster, his best ones being 6-4's, and having a couple of 9-1's as well.
I'd still use him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvcJ5HomJs

Another discussion. I wouldn't recommend it though; whilst they certainly acknowledge K. Rool's popularity, they are quite negative about it, and we get the famous "he'd just be another Bowser" line.
I left them a scathing review for saying such a thing. Word.

But seriously, what the ****, do people just look at K. Rool, see a big fat green thing, and go "Oh, he's just bowser."

Is deconstructing things a fad these days?

Of course I'd use him! I used Ganon in Brawl, so. All the same, I'd hope he was better in the next installment, because if the King gets in, I'm totally becoming active in competitive Smash 4, so I'd hope for the best.

But he's K. Rool, so him being in is all I need. I'd feel the same about Banjo.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Custom moves though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All that crack has done wonders for his skin.

Personally the most offensive part of his remarks is when he called King K. Rool a "dumb alligator".
He's a CROCODILE!!! :crazy:
And crocodiles are superior species.

Speaking of awesome things from the cartoon, You Gotta Send Me Back is probably my overall favorite song, always loved how awesome DK's singing voice was.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
People are seriously calling K.Rool "just another Bowser"?

What the actual ****? Have they even PLAYED the original games, or are they just modern FPS nooblets?

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool comes off as a parody of Bowser so I do feel a little sympathy for people who assume that, even if they can't be bothered to watch a single YouTube video with him.

So Mewtwo Melee, but even worse? Eh, I'd still use him.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Bowser can breathe fire and kidnaps Peach a lot.

King K. Rool is a psychotic crocodile, whose greatest joy is to steal bananas from monkeys, just to piss them off. He then captures the main character and forces the sidekick to take up arms. When that fails... he captures the main character AND the sidekick, forcing the sidekick's sidekick to save the day.

Plus he likes to dress up.

He's just another Bowser though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool changes up his plot every game. Bowser basically just always kidnaps Peach. Granted, he was a parody in the original DKC, in fact the original DKC was just a parody on various video game tropes in general, with the main hero not being a true hero or anything, he's not out to save someone or save the world...

HE JUST WANTS HIS DAMN BANANAS. AND HE'S GOING TO ****ING GET THEM!

That's the beauty of DKC.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
ITS HAPPENING! I've been away for a long time (college and such) but I am happy to be amongst my fellow kremling krew members yet again! How is our king performing?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
ITS HAPPENING! I've been away for a long time (college and such) but I am happy to be amongst my fellow kremling krew members yet again! How is our king performing?
Everything is going exactly according to plan!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As far as we know, he's been assuming his rightful place atop the polls, and he's got alot of very vocal support. Even people who aren't fans of his have been acknowledging his massive girth fanbase and popularity. But the battle's not won yet!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Favorite K.Rool persona?

My vote goes for Kaptain, with King being a very close second.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Favorite K.Rool persona?

My vote goes for Kaptain, with King being a very close second.
K. Roolenstein always gets the short end, he really could've used more exposure in the game he was in.

But yeah, Kaptain all the way, although I do love the King's defauly design as well. Hell, any K. Rool is best K. Rool, so...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K. Roolenstein always gets the short end, he really could've used more exposure in the game he was in.

But yeah, Kaptain all the way, although I do love the King's defauly design as well. Hell, any K. Rool is best K. Rool, so...
Oh believe me, I'll take Baron K.Roolenstein over anything else any day of the week! Just not over the King and the Kaptain...

Im a fan of King of the ring k rool :troll: i cant wait for dk 64 to hit vc so i can play it for the basically 1st time!

I like the original king design personally. It just feels right.

StormC

Smash Hero
Kaptain > Baron > King

I love the King look but I don't prefer it to the other two. I find it to be a bit on the generic side in comparison. I want it to be his default look in Smash though because it IS his most uniform appearance.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
King Krusha K.Rool is my favorite.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Not entirely related, but have you guys seen this documentary on the DKC cartoon?

apparently they used motion capture for the character animations, one of the first cartoons to do so, pretty cool
Also can't wait to take down Krusha K.rool, never got to truly play DK64

Honestly, it would be awesome to see how they mix up the moveset using all the references they have

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvcJ5HomJs

Another discussion. I wouldn't recommend it though; whilst they certainly acknowledge K. Rool's popularity, they are quite negative about it, and we get the famous "he'd just be another Bowser" line.
That's what they are saying? HA! Pitiful! Those fools don't even know the heck they are talking about! Quite shame such people think like that, huh?

StormC

Smash Hero
Name: Eiji
Character: King K. Rool
Game: Donkey Kong Country 2
Reason: Sm4sh didn’t include very many heavy characters, and a big reason why I want K. Rool. If you base him off of his appearance in DKC2, he could turn invisible and stuff. He has a wide variety of moves available to him, so I think he’s definitely cut out for Smash, Mr. Sakurai!
Eiji is the hero we need.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I voted K.Rool. He is my second most wanted character and the Dong franchise (as well as this handsome kroc) need more love. He is also ,at least, one of the top 5 nintendo villain. Long live the king! And soon all of us will be able (I hope) to sing this in joy as we empty our wallet :

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
King K. Rool can be the only character to choose his customs during the match with a costume change. Down B would change his costume which would change his other specials. So he would have three B's, three side B's, and three Up B's. This means he would have two less specials (only one down B variation), but he would have more variety of specials during the match.

A neat spin on the customization aspect. K. Rool does things... differently.

Paraka

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, lurking for a bit and felt like I needed to give my support to this thread and tell you guys to chalk up another vote for K. Rool from me (on top of my Wonder-Red and Saki Amamiya votes). Been a DKC fan for years and years to come.

Aaaaand since I am new I have yet to get a grip on things to support this movement, have a "Smash Card" I did to commemorate the King of Green himself.

I did a few of these by request on another forum, did this specifically to support my girthy leader.

StormC

Smash Hero
King K. Rool can be the only character to choose his customs during the match with a costume change. Down B would change his costume which would change his other specials. So he would have three B's, three side B's, and three Up B's. This means he would have two less specials (only one down B variation), but he would have more variety of specials during the match.

A neat spin on the customization aspect. K. Rool does things... differently.
It's definitely an idea I've toyed around with before, though I'm unsure how likely that would be with transformation issues on 3DS.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, lurking for a bit and felt like I needed to give my support to this thread and tell you guys to chalk up another vote for K. Rool from me (on top of my Wonder-Red and Saki Amamiya votes). Been a DKC fan for years and years to come.

Aaaaand since I am new I have yet to get a grip on things to support this movement, have a "Smash Card" I did to commemorate the King of Green himself.

I did a few of these by request on another forum, did this specifically to support my girthy leader.
Welcome aboard.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

It looks extremely nice, though in all honesty I'm not feeling the moveset you've created at all. Mostly I feel that everything is already there in his boss battles, and would rather pack as many of these in as possible for a moveset that reads as a love letter to the King of old than inventing something new.

Paraka

Smash Rookie
It looks extremely nice, though in all honesty I'm not feeling the moveset you've created at all. Mostly I feel that everything is already there in his boss battles, and would rather pack as many of these in as possible for a moveset that reads as a love letter to the King of old than inventing something new.
That's perfectly fine to think that. As I said I am a huge DKC fan, so most of my inspiration came from his appearances from there. His upward special is actually from the King of Swing. Though in greater detail, his extensive grapples are initiated with a Klamp Trap. Other ideas I had to pay him homage were in stage ideas. K. Rool is not just a solitary villain, he's a king, so an arena with Kremlings abound and radical cheering exclusively for K. Rool when he has the upper hand and booing if DK is on stage felt more compelling.

Top Bottom