• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Murica doesn't get it until the 16th this month.
oh, I didn't know that, thanks and I'm glad K. Rool is on top of the world as he should be, I know I haven't been here much but I've been lurking and hoping that the king would make it into a game soon and now it seems like he may. My wish may come true soon I hope.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool has for sure captured the attention of the devs, and I'm sure that regardless of what happens he will get CONSIDERED. It's now up to us to ensure that he goes from considered to CHOSEN

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Just imagine that he's holding a smash ball.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. Answer me a question if you can.
https://i.imgur.com/sZjPvCm.jpg

^this image. What's the context? I missed it completely. I know that was a while ago but it was referenced on a podcast I watch (They're Wonder-Red pushers. Probably the biggest.)

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
It was the bot invested 4Chan poll. Though last I checked Rool was ahead of him.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey everyone. Answer me a question if you can.
https://i.imgur.com/sZjPvCm.jpg

^this image. What's the context? I missed it completely. I know that was a while ago but it was referenced on a podcast I watch (They're Wonder-Red pushers. Probably the biggest.)
4 chan poll. Battle of the bots. Nothing to be concerned with; WR has nowhere near the support that would have you believe.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Another thing with Wonder Red is this:

Kamiya ain't happy with it.
He HAS been rather oddly explosive about it. With that attitude I doubt anyone of his is getting into Smash. Wonder why, though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
He HAS been rather oddly explosive about it. With that attitude I doubt anyone of his is getting into Smash. Wonder why, though.
He's explosive about a lot of things.
He was like this with the Bayonetta 2 exclusivity thing and people asking him about Star Fox.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It's not "personal". He gets bombarded with tweets about the same subjects all the time. It's kind of ruined him in a way.

Heck, they actually turned him OFF making a Star Fox game (at least at one point) after he expressed interest in potentially making one. (Basically he was quoted saying he loved Star Fox and wanted to work on it if asked, fans wouldn't shut up about it and he flipped out which I can understand. Which sucks!!! Cause PlatinumGames Star Fox would be incredible. They do those gameplay styles all the time in their own games and...they're fun! So much fun!*)

But anyway. Same thing. Smash "nuts". Repetitive questions. I don't envy the guy.

*And this from a NON-Star Fox fan! (The gameplay is stressful to me and the characters bug me. It's why I was really sour that Fox and Falco had N64 game voices this time round. Cause I really appreciated the Assault ones. More heroic and endearing than nerd voice and personality of a painted brick. ...Makes me nervous for Wolf cause Brawl made me his fan)

Last edited:
There are no bots. You're allowed to vote multiple times. Please, please don't jump to conclusions and start bashing the Daisy fanbase. It's just a few guys voting for her over and over again. Polls like this should be disregarded entirely.
you are right(i didnt mean it in a bad way its just that i saw her number rise to like 400 from 50 out of nowhere so i jumped to conclusions and assumed that bots were the cause)

i know that there are alot of daisy fans aswell so i didnt mean any offense so i apologise.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I definitely wanted Ridley (and voted for him) but I have a gigantic, 'King-sized' soft spot in my heart for the King K. Rool fans. You guys are great and honestly, some Ridley fans could take a page from your playbook: Be patient, ignore the haters (don't confront them anyway) and just be cool and enjoy all of this!

Out of all the characters who I think realistically have a shot, I'm pulling for the King.

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
It's not "personal". He gets bombarded with tweets about the same subjects all the time. It's kind of ruined him in a way.

Heck, they actually turned him OFF making a Star Fox game (at least at one point) after he expressed interest in potentially making one. (Basically he was quoted saying he loved Star Fox and wanted to work on it if asked, fans wouldn't shut up about it and he flipped out which I can understand. Which sucks!!! Cause PlatinumGames Star Fox would be incredible. They do those gameplay styles all the time in their own games and...they're fun! So much fun!*)

But anyway. Same thing. Smash "nuts". Repetitive questions. I don't envy the guy.

*And this from a NON-Star Fox fan! (The gameplay is stressful to me and the characters bug me. It's why I was really sour that Fox and Falco had N64 game voices this time round. Cause I really appreciated the Assault ones. More heroic and endearing than nerd voice and personality of a painted brick. ...Makes me nervous for Wolf cause Brawl made me his fan)
Sounds like Kamiya doesn't understand the point of Twitter.

Is that what their voices are supposed to be? Yeah, I agree the assault voices were way better. RIP Falco's Brooklyn accent

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This Wonder Red skepticism makes my hackles raise.

Nothing wrong with not supporting Red, that's your prerogative, but please don't presume that he and his fans are "the enemy". A lot of us support both. No reason why we can't just get along and help each-other out, y'know? :3

EDIT: On the subject of Kamiya, it's worth noting that Platinum is a fiercely independent studio. Kamiya doesn't take kindly to people telling him what to do or demanding things of him, even if it's done with the best of intentions. He also has nothing to do with Wonder Red in Smash: Nintendo owns the IP and the ballot exists for a reason. He's said he'd like to develop a sequel to The Wonderful 101, but unless Nintendo greenlights the project, he's got other things to work on in the meantime.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why is Daisy at the top?

Tumblr. Tumblr spamming is why.

Because somehow, a character who got rescued once then cast aside to play soccer is a better strong female character than one who trekked across multiple perilous islands to save her boyfriend and clan leader (twice), not to mention her own island.
Inb4 it was Michaelol and HiImDaisy's secret plan all along. You can't deny it, they have been brainwashing people lately. :troll: :lol:

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
This Wonder Red skepticism makes my hackles raise.

Nothing wrong with not supporting Red, that's your prerogative, but please don't presume that he and his fans are "the enemy". A lot of us support both. No reason why we can't just get along and help each-other out, y'know? :3

EDIT: On the subject of Kamiya, it's worth noting that Platinum is a fiercely independent studio. Kamiya doesn't take kindly to people telling him what to do or demanding things of him, even if it's done with the best of intentions. He also has nothing to do with Wonder Red in Smash: Nintendo owns the IP and the ballot exists for a reason. He's said he'd like to develop a sequel to The Wonderful 101, but unless Nintendo greenlights the project, he's got other things to work on in the meantime.
Had K. Rool not been a factor Wonder-Red would be a fine second choice.

It's funny in a sad way but I think more people are voting for him than actually bought the game he appeared in... (Seriously, though. Buy Wonderful 101, guys. I took a chance and it gave me goosebumps and the sad realization that I may never play a game of such scope and beauty again.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wonderful 101 was the hypest game I've ever played and more people need to experience it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Personally I feel like there are maybe half a dozen characters, tops, who are potential DLC newcomers, so I can't help but wonder if people actually want to vote for a character that has a chance of showing up or just vote for whoever they want and say they did.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Personally I feel like there are maybe half a dozen characters, tops, who are potential DLC newcomers, so I can't help but wonder if people actually want to vote for a character that has a chance of showing up or just vote for whoever they want and say they did.
I think it's probably more of a case that the majority of voters probably aren't analysing things this much before casting their vote, so have no idea whether the character is doing well so far or not.

Besides, it is easy to say "why are you all wasting your votes?" when the character you've voted for looks in good shape so far. But even if K Rool was flopping at the moment I think a lot of us here would vote him regardless.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No harm in supporting your favourite character, regardless of whether they have a chance or not.

Even the notion of "chance" in Smash is fallible. Goodness knows there are plenty of characters in Smash 4 that people thought had "no chance" of getting in, and plenty that had a "good chance" that we've yet to see.

StormC

Smash Hero
Even the notion of "chance" in Smash is fallible. Goodness knows there are plenty of characters in Smash 4 that people thought had "no chance" of getting in, and plenty that had a "good chance" that we've yet to see.
With the exception of Greninja (a special case) and maybe Wii Fit Trainer... I certainly can't say any of the Smash 4 newcomers were shocking, out of left field choices who had no chance.

And considering that we're all competing for very few character slots this time around, it's a different ball game.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
With the exception of Greninja (a special case) and maybe Wii Fit Trainer... I certainly can't say any of the Smash 4 newcomers were shocking, out of left field choices who had no chance.

And considering that we're all competing for very few character slots this time around, it's a different ball game.
I remember people saying Robin and Shulk had no chance because "muh weebs", that Dark Pit would never be his own character, that Doc would never return, that Ike would be replaced with Chrom, that Junior was redundant after Rosalina, that Meta Knight wouldn't appear because he was too broken in Brawl, that Duck Hunt was an irrelevant retro token, that Mewtwo wouldn't happen because he wasn't in the base roster...

And we're not competing for character slots. That kind of talk breeds vitriol.

StormC

Smash Hero
And we're not competing for character slots. That kind of talk breeds vitriol.
How are we not? It's a vote. Right now, we don't know how many characters we will get from the ballot. And people will certainly have first picks.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
It's certainly a competition, and we ARE competing for slots. Anyone who says we aren't doesn't understand what a poll is. It's like saying there's no competition in Presidential elections or any elections.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
How are we not? It's a vote. Right now, we don't know how many characters we will get from the ballot. And people will certainly have first picks.
Exactly. We don't know how many characters. Insinuating there are "slots" to fit in, and that such a context naturally suggests competition, is a slippery slope that leads to the community descending into a hair-pulling contest.

Sakurai's not daft enough to automatically pick whichever characters have the highest tally of votes. Otherwise Ridley would be guaranteed and we'd have Goku in the roster. The purpose of the ballot, as far as anybody can tell, is to demonstrate why we want these characters, and how well they'd work in Smash. If they wanted to know numbers, they'd just read the countless amateur polls floating in the ether, and there wouldn't be a comment box on the voting ticket.

Point is, it's more than just a vote. It's a chance to have our voices heard in a context where Sakurai and co. will actually listen. Dismissing less popular characters because they're less likely to get as many votes as certain others defeats the entire purpose of the project.

It's certainly a competition, and we ARE competing for slots. Anyone who says we aren't doesn't understand what a poll is. It's like saying there's no competition in Presidential elections or any elections.
Not even remotely comparable, and I'll demonstrate why if you so choose.

Last edited:

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
I think its great how much support Rool gets, it almost shocked me! I hope this will make him relevant again and put him in some new DK games.
I personally don't care for him, but he will make a very good character in smash and I'm always down for that. We need more fat heavyweight characters!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
We are certainly competing to be put in - but there is a difference between that and competing with specific character(s), and is why we should try to avoid flinging poop at other characters who may or may not also be doing well. We're not monkeys after all; alligators are the superior species!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
There has been no stated amount of limited slots. So far, we don't know how many are available. Until Sakurai/Nintendo tell us, then there is no limit.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We are certainly competing to be put in - but there is a difference between that and competing with specific character(s), and is why we should try to avoid flinging poop at other characters who may or may not also be doing well. We're not monkeys after all; alligators are the superior species!
This.

Competing to get in =/= competing with other characters.

If you're sincerely suggesting that this is a competition for "muh reps" and "muh slots", I think you're missing the point of the project.

Any character getting into Smash is cause for celebration. And this ballot offers lesser-known or understated characters the chance to get their foot in the door. Why on earth would you spite that? Isn't that a bit counterproductive to the entire premise that Smash is based upon - to wit, any character can get into Smash on their own merits and with the support of fans?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like King K. Rool is one of few characters to maintain his popularity threw all the adversity.

I hope he wins the ballot and not some filthy indie or third party.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not spiting people who want to give lesser-beloved characters publicity. And naturally the poll is not the end-all be-all indicator of who gets in (which is why I think there is only a few characters who have a chance, as it's a combination of both popularity AND characters that Sakurai could conceivably agree to).

I just am surprised at how many people are pushing for characters that, in my opinion, have very low chances when it's very doubtful the amount of newcomers we get will be comparable to the amount we would get in a brand new game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Any character getting into Smash is cause for celebration. And this ballot offers lesser-known or understated characters the chance to get their foot in the door. Why on earth would you spite that? Isn't that a bit counterproductive to the entire premise that Smash is based upon - to wit, any character can get into Smash on their own merits and with the support of fans?
Only characters that have a relationship with Nintendo getting in is a cause for celebration. It seems that too many game developers want their character in without having any games on a Nintendo console and they just want the advertising space.

The Adventure Quest Developers want Atrix in Smash Brothers:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...venture-quest-want-artix-in-super-smash-bros/

Team Meat wants Super Meat Boy in Smash Brothers:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...e-amazing-if-super-meat-boy-joins-smash-bros/

Don't get me wrong, there are some great choices for characters, but certainly not everyone.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm not spiting people who want to give lesser-beloved characters publicity. And naturally the poll is not the end-all be-all indicator of who gets in (which is why I think there is only a few characters who have a chance, as it's a combination of both popularity AND characters that Sakurai could conceivably agree to).

I just am surprised at how many people are pushing for characters that, in my opinion, have very low chances when it's very doubtful the amount of newcomers we get will be comparable to the amount we would get in a brand new game.
Well, yeah, of course. But that doesn't mean we should abandon our efforts because they're not as popular or iconic.

The ballot specifically says feedback will be taken into account for future games. Passing up this chance because we don't have the quantity of fans or the distinguished legacy that others have would be very silly indeed.

@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon , I think it'd be worth celebrating if either of them happened, to be honest. If only because the hilarity of such an event would be hype-worthy in itself. ;P

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying be a complete **** to every fanbase other than ours, but blinding yourself and saying it's not a competition between characters is just plain ignorant to the situation. Characters will be competing against each other for a slot, we just won't be there in the room with the Devs when the choice is made.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon , I think it'd be worth celebrating if either of them happened, to be honest. If only because the hilarity of such an event would be hype-worthy in itself. ;P
Then it just feels like Smash turned into a popularity contest where people auction off advertising space, instead of a Celebration of Nintendo's history.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm not saying be a complete **** to every fanbase other than ours, but blinding yourself and saying it's not a competition between characters is just plain ignorant to the situation. Characters will be competing against each other for a slot, we just won't be there in the room with the Devs when the choice is made.
Funny how you're accusing me of being ignorant when neither of us have any clue how Sakurai's going to take feedback into consideration.

"Competing for a slot" is nonsense. It's nonsense now, and it's always been nonsense. The fact that there's DLC at all should demonstrate that slots don't exist.

It would be foolish to say that the devs aren't going to limit the amount of DLC there will be. But are they going to say "we'll have X number of slots, everybody else can get lost"? Of course not. Even if they're only planning, say, four, if a character shows up that they really, really like and think would work, who's to say they're not going to run with it?

And anyway, that's not taking into account clones and ascended alts. Would a clone like Pichu or Roy be considered taking up a "slot"? Might piss off a lot of fans if it does. I appreciate the sentiment of your argument, but the phrasing is sorely lacking - surely there's a better and more rational term than "slots"?

Then it just feels like Smash turned into a popularity contest where people auction off advertising space, instead of a Celebration of Nintendo's history.
I know, I was being ironic. ;P

Last edited:
Top Bottom