• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Soooooo...
Tiki Tong from DK wiki
One of his eyes is bigger than the other, much like King K. Rool.
Funnily enough, Tiki Tong also shares many moves that K. Rool had that were similar to Tiki Tong's own when K. Rool was in Jungle Climbers. For instance, both will try to crush DK and Diddy with their hands and both shoot fiery objects at the Kongs. This correlates with a theory involving K. Rool and Tiki Tong being the same person.
i'd love it if in dkcr3 k rool comes out and says he was controlling the tikis and snomads all along, that would make him the villain of all country games and welcome gerbilcrab, you sure love kirby

I've posted a few DK stages I made in ssb4 on here before but I'm not sure if I posted this one. I completley made this one up on my own as it was my first DK stage I made in customization.
View attachment 40028
Diddy! Get out of their!

Last edited by a moderator:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Gotta say, as much as I love the original version of Gangplank Galleon's theme for SNES, I find this one for Donkey Kong Land to be very catchy as well.

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Gotta say, as much as I love the original version of Gangplank Galleon's theme for SNES, I find this one for Donkey Kong Land to be very catchy as well.

That is actually quite a nice cover of it! Makes me want to set sail :D

Also love the 'BANANA YELLOW GAME PAK INCLUDED!' on the package cover there. These days that would be some kind of super mega pre order bonus or something... xD

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
i'd love it if in dkcr3 k rool comes out and says he was controlling the tikis and snomads all along, that would make him the villain of all country games and welcome gerbilcrab, you sure love kirby
I don't want them to do this. I like the idea of the game world having more than one bad guy. It makes the world feel more fleshed out. So to Retro's credit, I appreciate their attempt at trying something new. But I think it's time for K. Rool's triumphant return. There's fan demand for it, and they would finally be able to bridge the gap between their trilogy and Rare's trilogy. Maybe we'll see K. Rool and Tiki Tong fight alongside each other, but I don't want them to go "Psyche! Tiki Tong was being controlled by K. Rool all along!" That would completely trivialize the previous games, and frankly, it's not something I encourage. K. Rool deserves to be solidified as the main antagonist of the series, but I don't think he should be the only one. I hope Retro is reading this.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Such a strange label. It implies that the cartridge is a bonus, and that the box itself is the main product. I'm not gonna lie, if I now saw one of those DKL boxes without the label, I'd be concerned. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool being the Man Behind the Curtain would be a hilarious slap in the face to everyone who claimed he's "not the main villain," but yeah, let Retro's creations (especially the quality Snowmads) stand on their own. The comparison between DK and Batman is an apt one; both can fight a number of rogues, but one particularly deranged one stands above the rest as the most notable.

i just love the drums in gangplank galleon.
this song reminded me of this

the fake kredits are even more believable in this version because the music changes to the credits music while k rool plays dead, then k rool is like "nope" gets back up then "cue awesome music"

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want the Snowmads to stand on their own to be honest. They were creative, and I really like Frederik's design. What's the problem with more than one Big Bad? Most series do have more than one main villain.

:231:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I want the different baddies to stand on their own... but I also don't want any more DKC games without the Kremlings...

It's like having a Metroid game without any Metroids.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd like a scenario where K. Rool and Frederik are enemies. :p (Think Bowser and Fawful from the Mario & Luigi games)

Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong RPG confirmed

:232:
I want the different baddies to stand on their own... but I also don't want any more DKC games without the Kremlings...

It's like having a Metroid game without any Metroids.
Hunters was decent at best, and DKCR and TF are apparently real good, I still don't own those games...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not saying it automatically makes for a bad game... it's just weird not to have them. :/

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
i just love the drums in gangplank galleon.
this song reminded me of this

the fake kredits are even more believable in this version because the music changes to the credits music while k rool plays dead, then k rool is like "nope" gets back up then "cue awesome music"
YES, this is the version of DKC I grew up with; I didn't even play the SNES version until I got it for the Virtual Console. Those "kredits" actually got me the first time and I died for it. I'm reminded of how my aunt who didn't give a **** about video games loved DKC for the GBC, and everyday she would dedicate time in her schedule just to play it. My dad also really liked it along with DKC 64; I remember a few months after DKC Tropical Freeze came out I had my dad play it with me (it was the first DK game he played since 64), and while we were watching the opening to the game the first thing my dad asked was if K. Rool was the villain, though he referred to him as "King Kroc" because he hadn't remembered his name.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
TheAnnotatXperiment?

If so, kudos for destroying my lungs over and over and over.
Sadly, I wasn't on the team for the Xperiment's run. I joined on after they made the jump to the new channel.

Soooooo, if you're including TheAnnotationStation in that lung rupturing, then I guess I can take your insurance details.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sadly, I wasn't on the team for the Xperiment's run. I joined on after they made the jump to the new channel.

Soooooo, if you're including TheAnnotationStation in that lung rupturing, then I guess I can take your insurance details.
*searches*

rofl.PNG

call an ambulance please

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As far as K. Rool controlling the Tikis go, I would not mind if the Tikis come back but THIS time because K. Rool is controlling them, as long as they make it clear that he wasn't before, and was simply sitting in the backdrop plotting his grand return. Or the Snomads, for example. I'd be perfectly ok with the Snomads coming back and K. Rool manipulates them, then say Frederik teams up with the Kongs to beat K. Rool.

The Kremlings and Snomads have different goals, for example. The Kremlings were originally after the Banana Hoard, and continued to be after the banana hoard. The Snomads it seemed wanted the island itself. Although I'm not exactly sure for what purpose. That part is never really explained.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
They're seen harvesting massive amounts of food on the other islands they've got outposts on, and DK Isle seems to be the only place they actually froze. Maybe they just wanted a home, and DK Isle was just perfect for some reason?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So if/when K.Rool gets in, what would his stage be, anyways? I was thinking Gangplank Galleon, if only because that's where you fought him in the first DKC game, but maybe other people want some more DKC2 and DKC3 representation? :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They're seen harvesting massive amounts of food on the other islands they've got outposts on, and DK Isle seems to be the only place they actually froze. Maybe they just wanted a home, and DK Isle was just perfect for some reason?
Because the Ice Climbers booted them out of the arctic! It all makes sense now!

So if/when K.Rool gets in, what would his stage be, anyways? I was thinking Gangplank Galleon, if only because that's where you fought him in the first DKC game, but maybe other people want some more DKC2 and DKC3 representation? :p
Gangplank Galleon or Flying Kroc. Flying Kroc would be a more interesting stage, to be honest. It'd also represents Dixie Kong if she's playable since that was the final boss encounter of her debut and oftentimes its far easier to end the battle with Dixie than Diddy.

...then again, Gangplank Galleon was also the first world of DKC2, so either one would represent both Dixie and Rool. But Flying Kroc would be a more interesting stage.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Why not both?

By the way, Mark Stevenson, another former Rare veteran who was the lead game artist and designer on DKC1-3, and DK64, has followed the Kremling Kampaign on twitter. He's also one of the golden Rare guys on the new Playtonic team.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Is it just me, or if you just played Charizard's voice clips while blind, you'd think they sounded like K. Rool sound clips?.
First, off topic, but your avatar looks a lot better with the recent size change.

And on topic, I don't think so, really. Like Bowser, K. Rool isn't a "wild animal" type of character and has had a full voice at some point. I don't see how Zard's clips could be K Rool. Probably is just you.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it just me, or if you just played Charizard's voice clips while blind, you'd think they sounded like K. Rool sound clips?
Well, their heads are similar.

By the way, you avatar does look better with the increased size. :colorful:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
First, off topic, but your avatar looks a lot better with the recent size change.

And on topic, I don't think so, really. Like Bowser, K. Rool isn't a "wild animal" type of character and has had a full voice at some point. I don't see how Zard's clips could be K Rool. Probably is just you.
But in Smash, Bowser is a wild animal, thanks to Sakurai's objection to his canon. If K. Rool got a similar treatment, I'd not be surprised to hear Charizard-like angsty bellows and growls during his attacks. Although his DK64 voice would, of course, be preferable.

In other news, Nintendo sent me a letter in response to my letter about K. Rool from months ago. Basically just said "they appreciate fan feedback, but due to time and volume concerns, they can't reply to specific questions," but I do know that its contents were read, since I received two Donkey Kong bookmarks (one Tropical Freeze, one general Mario) and a Smash one after bringing up DKC and Smash in my letter. That was cool.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But in Smash, Bowser is a wild animal, thanks to Sakurai's objection to his canon. If K. Rool got a similar treatment, I'd not be surprised to hear Charizard-like angsty bellows and growls during his attacks. Although his DK64 voice would, of course, be preferable.

In other news, Nintendo sent me a letter in response to my letter about K. Rool from months ago. Basically just said "they appreciate fan feedback, but due to time and volume concerns, they can't reply to specific questions," but I do know that its contents were read, since I received two Donkey Kong bookmarks (one Tropical Freeze, one general Mario) and a Smash one after bringing up DKC and Smash in my letter. That was cool.
The above is true, unfortunately.

Pics?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah, K. Rool wouldn't be his complete goofy self judging by how DK and Diddy are designed in Smash alone. Bowser (obviously) and Dedede are pretty good examples of that too. While I doubt K. Rool will sound like the psycho maniac he is, I'm sure his mannerisms and animations can convey that easily if enough effort is put into it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, K. Rool wouldn't be his complete goofy self judging by how DK and Diddy are designed in Smash alone. Bowser (obviously) and Dedede are pretty good examples of that too. While I doubt K. Rool will sound like the psycho maniac he is, I'm sure his mannerisms and animations can convey that easily if enough effort is put into it.
Actually Dedede is pretty accurate, although that's because Sakurai made the character and knows everything about them. Other than Masked Dedede

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Actually Dedede is pretty accurate, although that's because Sakurai made the character and knows everything about them. Other than Masked Dedede
Well Dedede's voice isn't exactly accurate. He's capable of speaking fluently, but in Smash he grunts and makes odd noises.
And I know Sakurai voices Dedede himself, while that is really cool, but it's not a completely accurate representation of the character. Which is why I was using him as a comparison.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well Dedede's voice isn't exactly accurate. He's capable of speaking fluently, but in Smash he grunts and makes odd noises.
And I know Sakurai voices Dedede himself, while that is really cool, but it's not a completely accurate representation of the character. Which is why I was using him as a comparison.
Actually, Return to Dreamland kinda changed that and I don't recall Dedede having a voice other than the anime before Smash

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Actually, Return to Dreamland kinda changed that and I don't recall Dedede having a voice other than the anime before Smash
I was using Super Star Ultra as a reference point, but that is also true. Meta Knight never really spoke outside of Super Star either though, so iunno. The fact that Sakurai has noted Dedede's ability to speak throught the anime as an example while talking about how Bowser and DK sound in Smash made me think that is considered as well.

In the end, my point was that K. Rool would probably be limited to animal noises but can still be visually portrayed as the psychomaniac we know and love by how he moves and fights. Like how Dedede is still well characterized by how he moves.

Top Bottom