• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

RazorsawTF

Smash Cadet
well, whose point of view should I be speaking from, then?

and I'm still here because a couple of people have made an effort to approach me like I'm not some sort of enemy.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Man, the King was pretty high up on my list for playable, sorry guys, but like Ridley I'll stay loyal to him till DLC is deconfirmed. Maybe next time, if we have to wait eight to ten years again I'm willing to wait.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
We'll my fellow Kutthroats it's been a fun ride. This thread was easily my favorite on the boards and I wish I didn't have to see it go :(

Hopefully Big K will be future DLC so we can finally see him smash all of these "more popular and not forgettable characters" If there's a list to sign for DLC please PLEASE someone PM me a link. I'll sign instantly. I've talked to some of the nicest, coolest people on here I'm glad that my early Smashboards experience was such a good one even if it ended in disappointment. I hope I contributed as much enjoyable conversation as you guys have. Maybe one day we'll have the king but despite his absence he's still the best and Smash 4 still looks sensational. I guess I'll be spending the rest of my days discussing in the Yoshi, Link, and Charizard boards but man it would feel good to click on that K.Rool board..... If any of you are interested please PM me your 3DS friend codes and/or Wii U tags I'd love to play smash with you guys. Hopefully I'll see you all soon on a real K.Rool board.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Sorry about K Rool guys. Wish he could have made it. Donkey Kong really deserves a newcomer and I am baffled it didn't. If DLC is a thing I'll support. Again, I'm sorry guys.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I feel obliged to post this:

Don't let others make you feel bad for well, feeling bad. The "it's just a game" and "your so whiny and entitled" bull**** is just that; bull****. If you're like me, you've been patiently but passionately awaiting this game even during brawls lifetime. To have years of buildup and anticipation to a major disappointment will result in feeling like crap. So take my advice; leave this site for a while, find something to distract you and then come back. We're overrun with trollds and inconsiderate asses. But one thing is certain. When the time comes, we can team up and make a difference. However, that time isn't now. So feel free to voice your displeasure (although I still believe taking a smash break will help refocus our efforts.)

Good luck kutthroats, it's been fun. And it will continue to be.

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24

and I'm still here because a couple of people have made an effort to approach me like I'm not some sort of enemy.
You aren't the "enemy", you just have an opinion that many here don't really enjoy.
Although I must credit you with giving me the idea that K. Rool might be an actor!
Now all I can think about is K. Rool reciting Hamlet

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

Yours, obviously. But seeing as how you're stubbornly refusing to change your stance, or even concede that we might have a point outside your little bubble, we're kind of fed up with you. ESPECIALLY SINCE AS FAR AS WE KNOW HE'S BEEN REJECTED AND YOU'RE STILL TALKING DOWN TO US! That's kind of a large factor as to why you're not being taken very well, Mr. "I can't control how you take it, so you're the bad guys!"

Last edited:

RazorsawTF

Smash Cadet
You aren't the "enemy", you just have an opinion that many here don't really enjoy.
Although I must credit you with giving me the idea that K. Rool might be an actor!
Now all I can think about is K. Rool reciting Hamlet
Yeah, it's not you. But rather the people calling me a troll, telling me I have no right to say anything, and generally acting like I'm here to cause trouble? That I take issue with.

Thanks for giving me a chance, though.

ESPECIALLY SINCE AS FAR AS WE KNOW HE'S BEEN REJECTED AND YOU'RE STILL TALKING DOWN TO US!
The idea was to talk about the idea of his inclusion and why I thought he might have not made the cut. The closest I got to a debate was "But Pac-man et all do it!", and I responded to it. Everything else was TROLLTROLLTROLLHOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO US. Only a few people have been willing to treat me like I'm not here to kick dirt in people's eyes, and for that I'm thankful.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hear from the Moderators that once Saturday comes around all the Support Threads will be locked under the Character Discussion Sub Forums.
Aww... I really should have posted my group sooner; Im sure they can co exist, not the exact same purpose
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/dream-potential-group-of-hope-light.1737/t
It is essentially a Group for positivity and dreams, withint he game, since that is what the game is for, ultimately.
I just thought a good section would be for 'timed release big three.'
I'm planning on taking my Hype 3 Thread there if the mods will allow it/ move it.

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I feel obliged to post this:

Don't let others make you feel bad for well, feeling bad. The "it's just a game" and "your so whiny and entitled" bull**** is just that; bull****. If you're like me, you've been patiently but passionately awaiting this game even during brawls lifetime. To have years of buildup and anticipation to a major disappointment will result in feeling like crap. So take my advice; leave this site for a while, find something to distract you and then come back. We're overrun with trollds and inconsiderate *****. But one thing is certain. When the time comes, we can team up and make a difference. However, that time isn't now. So feel free to voice your displeasure (although I still believe taking a smash break will help refocus our efforts.)

Good luck kutthroats, it's been fun. And it will continue to be.
I completely agree with this. Also, don't let people make you feel bad if don't feel like buying it because you didn't see the newcomers you wanted. I am so sick of hearing people say "But we got so many great newcomers. Stop acting like it is bad." If you don't like the roster, more power to you. I'm sick of seeing people harassed for not wanting the game because a lack of the hype 3. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it is a developer's job to market a game to the players. If a player doesn't like how the game was marketed, then he has no obligation to buy it.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
There was already a call for more team members being hired.
Smash 5 comes out in a few months, so we must be on the same pge.
You know what I mean.
Sakurai already confirmed SSBU will have the same characters as SSB3DS.

A patch when the Wii U version comes out is the only possibility left.
But after everything you would have to start to realise these things aren't exactly likely.

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'm done brooding, I've had enough of Sakurai's skullduggery and I am ready to keelhaul him. So is the DLC petition ready yet. And is there a place we can continue this? If this thread really is getting locked!?
There is a facebook page for King K. Rool, should we move things there?

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Alright I'm done brooding, I've had enough of Sakurai's skullduggery and I am ready to keelhaul him. So is the DLC petition ready yet. And is there a place we can continue this? If this thread really is getting locked!?
There is currently a group on smash boards for a group for K Rool in the Big Four Alliance Council.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's not you. But rather the people calling me a troll, telling me I have no right to say anything, and generally acting like I'm here to cause trouble? That I take issue with.

Thanks for giving me a chance, though.

The idea was to talk about the idea of his inclusion and why I thought he might have not made the cut. The closest I got to a debate was "But Pac-man et all do it!", and I responded to it. Everything else was TROLLTROLLTROLLHOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO US. Only a few people have been willing to treat me like I'm not here to kick dirt in people's eyes, and for that I'm thankful.
I'm sorry. You're right, we're all very touchy and we overreacted. But to be fair, you did match up with the trolling MO that hits supporters of the Big Three all the time. I would recommend being a whole lot clearer with your intentions next time so you're not mistaken for a troll. This could have ended a lot sooner if you'd just spelled out that you were being hypothetical (Though, considering that you didn't have much to go on besides, "Muh Opinon!" it still probably wouldn't have been taken very well, since that's how most of us see Sakurai right now.) You can't control how people take what you say, but you can make it easier for them to take it the way you want them too. (Something Nintendo REALLY needs to learn right about now.)

I'm willing to bury the hatchet. Sorry again.

Last edited:

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
Join the big 4 alliance my friend! (Ridley, Rool, Mew2, Isaac
http://smashboards.com/social-forum...oup-ridley-mewtwo-isaac-and-king-k-rool.1740/
Also I'm looking at your signature and I feel super depressed by all those 'x's
(just curious but how did you figure Whispy Woods would work as a fighter?)

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but no, I don't believe I fit the "trolling MO" at all. I accept your apology though.
...See, it's that attitude right there that I'm talking abou- *Bites tongue till it bleeds.*

SO! DLC! Crocodile Isle may have sank, but our hopes continue to sail!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 it seems you are the one people are suggesting to represent them in the Big Four Alliance Council under the Support Group "The Big Four Alliance Council" which consists of Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
...See, it's that attitude right there that I'm talking abou- *Bites tongue till it bleeds.*

SO! DLC! Crocodile Isle may have sank, but our hopes continue to sail!
Just noticed your location and realized we must live in the same area. XD

RazorsawTF

Smash Cadet
This is the last thing I'm going to say on the subject.

say you joined a new community. say one of the first discussions you had in a community had everyone calling you a troll when the worst thing you said about them was that they were bland.

and then one of the people afterwards more or less said "well okay we'll agree you're not a troll but it's more or less your own fault."

No offense, but I'm not gonna react nicely to that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wish I was indeed wrong about King K. Rool not being playable. In the back of my mind, this entire time, he was the last character that I truly wanted. I am not devastated that he is not in the game; however, I certainly believe that he would have contributed the most to the newcomer roster.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
It's been a nice ride, Kutthroats. This was always kind of a safe haven, everyone was feeling good about our great green leader, but everything must come to an end, and sometimes it's not the best of one. But we must not fret, there is still hope for other ways for him to appear, and if those ways come to pass, I hope to see you all here for DLC or Smash 5.

It's been a pleasure working with you, but it's time to do what I said I would...

It's time to go down with the ship.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Join the big 4 alliance my friend! (Ridley, Rool, Mew2, Isaac
http://smashboards.com/social-forum...oup-ridley-mewtwo-isaac-and-king-k-rool.1740/
Also I'm looking at your signature and I feel super depressed by all those 'x's
(just curious but how did you figure Whispy Woods would work as a fighter?)

He has as much potential as any other character and would have been way more creative than a manikin in yoga pants.

Edit: He would be the tallest character but scaled down appropriately, but would grow large for his apple storm final smash.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We'll my fellow Kutthroats it's been a fun ride. This thread was easily my favorite on the boards and I wish I didn't have to see it go :(

Hopefully Big K will be future DLC so we can finally see him smash all of these "more popular and not forgettable characters" If there's a list to sign for DLC please PLEASE someone PM me a link. I'll sign instantly. I've talked to some of the nicest, coolest people on here I'm glad that my early Smashboards experience was such a good one even if it ended in disappointment. I hope I contributed as much enjoyable conversation as you guys have. Maybe one day we'll have the king but despite his absence he's still the best and Smash 4 still looks sensational. I guess I'll be spending the rest of my days discussing in the Yoshi, Link, and Charizard boards but man it would feel good to click on that K.Rool board..... If any of you are interested please PM me your 3DS friend codes and/or Wii U tags I'd love to play smash with you guys. Hopefully I'll see you all soon on a real K.Rool board.
You could join the Big Four Alliance Support Group:

This applies to everyone here.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I missed part of your quotation last time, in which you told me I was ungrateful and unappreciative.
That actually proved my point entirely, that I don't understand detractors who go around trying to kill hype, when my statements harm no one.
I do not expect anything, I have hope.
The issue I take is with responses like the one you gave me, which generalize and assume, and try to attack me as a person.
I am happier than almost anyone about Pacman, Megaman, Koopa Kids, and Duck Hunt. Most hyped.
I am also allowed to then believe in the potential this game still has, and I have no idea what responses like yours offer other than an to try to spread negativity from an exceptionally egotistical place, and to attack anothers character.

I prefer myself to dream big in life, but you are welcome to limit yourself and then go around attacking those who can see beyond your imagination. That is fine. Just unhealthy in my book, bro. This is not just to you, by he way, but rather an extention of my initial point.
DukeNapoleon said:
If there is one thing that bothers me, it is when detractors try to stifle hope simply because they do not have any. What an unsatisfying way to live life.
Your response said:
I assure you, acceptance and appreciation of what you have is a much more satisfying way to live than to live in greed always wanting more.
You know what I mean.
Sakurai already confirmed SSBU will have the same characters as SSB3DS.

A patch when the Wii U version comes out is the only possibility left.
But after everything you would have to start to realise these things aren't exactly likely.
Time release characters are a possibility.
Or the possibility that we have not thought of all the possibilities.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much over my disappointment as of now. I mean yeah, it sucks, but there's nothing we can do about now. Feeling sorry for ourselves isn't going to accomplish anything. Rather than myself, I feel more sorry for a friend of mine who lost his main.:lucas:

Last edited:

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24

He has as much potential as any other character and would have been way more creative than a manikin in yoga pants.
There's one problem, he's too big!:troll: But I could see that working, and I certainly wouldn't be apposed to it.
(though I think WFT was a creative an interesting choice)

EDIT: Oh my God we are all so off topic

Back to discussing K. Rool....

If any K. Rool artists are out there, I have a seed of inspiration. Picture this K. Rool dressed like Hamlet, holding that skull, like a proper actor.
Gentlemen (and ladies), to your drawing tablets!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 it seems you are the one people are suggesting to represent them in the Big Four Alliance Council under the Support Group "The Big Four Alliance Council" which consists of Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo.
I'll be glad to do so.

I'm making a video about my closing thoughts on the matter before I close the thread Saturday, before moving back into this group for all future movements or plans to give the King the publicity he so richly deserves.

I haven't read everything all that in-depth over the past few pages, but you all largely deserve praise for not devolving into utter bile-spewing madness while still expressing your disappointment. There's a reason why people so frequently come into this thread and comment on how great a fanbase we are.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'll be glad to do so.

I'm making a video about my closing thoughts on the matter before I close the thread Saturday, before moving back into this group for all future movements or plans to give the King the publicity he so richly deserves.

I haven't read everything all that in-depth over the past few pages, but you all largely deserve praise for not devolving into utter bile-spewing madness while still expressing your disappointment. There's a reason why people so frequently come into this thread and comment on how great a fanbase we are.
Yes and hopefully with all of us we will be able to create a Beneficial community to support our Candidates.

Here is a link if you are interested:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was actually just about to come here and say that this is honestly, in my opinion, the greatest of the larger Smash fanbases. The thread is so well done, the members are inviting, they put up with detractors by attempting to show the light instead of berating them, and they take things on the chin without a great big fuss. As much as I'm disappointed that K. Rool didn't have his finest hour, I can say that I've had mine, all thanks to this thread. Thanks for being awesome, guys, and thanks to you especially, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 . :)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's been a pleasure talking to all of you mates regarding our king but as LunarDistortion said, it's time for the ship to go down, maybe we'll get lucky with some dlc or another future dkcr installment but until then, I leave you all with this song as a memorian to our King, kudos to that Jabba guy who posted it on here months ago.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
There's one problem, he's too big!:troll: But I could see that working, and I certainly wouldn't be apposed to it.
(though I think WFT was a creative an interesting choice)

EDIT: Oh my God we are all so off topic

Back to discussing K. Rool....

If any K. Rool artists are out there, I have a seed of inspiration. Picture this K. Rool dressed like Hamlet, holding that skull, like a proper actor.
Gentlemen (and ladies), to your drawing tablets!
And yeah I know many of my top 20 are far fetched or never going to happen. But in reality I have an extended list of about 50 reasonable characters(about 100 if you include the unlikely ones. And of that list only Pacman made it in, not counting Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings as they are just pilots.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
For my short time, I will miss this thread, so inviting and well mannered for the great majority of the time.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Guys, dont get too depressed over this. Better luck next time, i think our greatest award is that the King is in the minds of a lot of people now (he has come a long way since the Brawl days). It sounds like a consolation prize, but its something.
I wish i had been more often in this thread (college johns and bla bla bla) but everytime I came the atmoshphere always was fun and kind. An amazing character with an amazing fanbase indeed.
Now we need just to keep going forward, supporting the King and letting Nintendo know he is a great character and that we all want him back in the scene (DKCR3 as our main target).
We all will miss this thread, we will remember it fondly. But the hope is still alive
And dont forget: ONE. OF. US.
ps: Special thanks to BKupa for all the things he did to the thread.

Top Bottom