• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

I'm glad DK is being shown up front a lot. I hope that means something.
I could do without his goofy looking "ooh-ooh-ooh" monkey face though.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I'm glad DK is being shown up front a lot. I hope that means something.
I could do without his goofy looking "ooh-ooh-ooh" monkey face though.
I'm loving the new Luigi Death Stare latley. XD

And yeah, hopefully DK being more in the front means some more DK content.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Famitsu has the full announced character roster... with all the characters listed in the EXACT same order they are in the game. Except for Lucina, she's shown right next to the Fire Emblem characters. I think this proves that the clones will move after a certain point.

As for the layout being fluid, doesn't really mean anything. For all we know the unlockable characters shift around left and right. We haven't seen anything about that yet.
The only problem with that is that Famitsu isn't the final authority in terms of legitimacy. They have been outright wrong in some aspects of speculation as they can only go off of what they are told. It still doesn't answer why the clones line up the way they do just be moved later. To work from chaos to order back to chaos makes logically no sense. You may be able to wrap it up as just a programming decision but then the question that is raised is why would the developers choose to put more work for something fleeting in design. Especially considering the previous smash game was chaotic from the start and was only cohesive at the end. Even Melee, which was static, was chaotic in the sense that Pikachu was wedged right in the middle of the mario characters.

Also consider this. The LoZ group in the e3 build are not lined up. Why is that the case? Granted it is the e3 build but it would be easy to swap samus up and move zelda down a row. It just seems unnecessary. Now if the team doesn't have a problem with having unpresented (or unlocked character) disrupt the flow of the roster in relation to the e for all build of brawl, brawl itself, or the smash ads or wii u build, why are the three clones different? There position makes no sense unless you consider the fact that they were purposed to be there.

I won't outright say that what John is purposing is an impossibility however, just that it is highly improbable. In the end I'd rather he were right as it opens a spot for a DK and Metroid rep, I just don't see that being the case.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only problem with that is that Famitsu isn't the final authority in terms of legitimacy. They have been outright wrong in some aspects of speculation as they can only go off of what they are told. It still doesn't answer why the clones line up the way they do just be moved later. To work from chaos to order back to chaos makes logically no sense. You may be able to wrap it up as just a programming decision but then the question that is raised is why would the developers choose to put more work for something fleeting in design. Especially considering the previous smash game was chaotic from the start and was only cohesive at the end. Even Melee, which was static, was chaotic in the sense that Pikachu was wedged right in the middle of the mario characters.

Also consider this. The LoZ group in the e3 build are not lined up. Why is that the case? Granted it is the e3 build but it would be easy to swap samus up and move zelda down a row. It just seems unnecessary. Now if the team doesn't have a problem with having unpresented (or unlocked character) disrupt the flow of the roster in relation to the e for all build of brawl, brawl itself, or the smash ads or wii u build, why are the three clones different? There position makes no sense unless you consider the fact that they were purposed to be there.

I won't outright say that what John is purposing is an impossibility however, just that it is highly improbable. In the end I'd rather he were right as it opens a spot for a DK and Metroid rep, I just don't see that being the case.
Pikachu moved down 2 rows in Melee after unlocking all characters

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Pikachu moved down 2 rows in Melee after unlocking all characters
I understand that, I was pointing out the acceptance for slight disorder for the roster pre completion and not the organization of the roster at the end.

Anyways I really hope we find out about a DK AT relatively soon. It's annoying that his franchise gets skipped out in this regard considering how many colorful potential combatants come from the series. I still say if Gogoat can be an assist so can Rambi. At the very least if K. Rool doesn't make it as a playable character he should make it as an assist. It wouldn't be the ideal situation but I would concede.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Anyways I really hope we find out about a DK AT relatively soon. It's annoying that his franchise gets skipped out in this regard considering how many colorful potential combatants come from the series. I still say if Gogoat can be an assist so can Rambi. At the very least if K. Rool doesn't make it as a playable character he should make it as an assist. It wouldn't be the ideal situation but I would concede.
I hope that someone else sees Chunky at this demo. The lack of closure here is getting ridiculous. I just want DK to get SOMETHING at this point.

Y'know, maybe Sakurai just could never beat Snow Barrel Blast, and is this is his way of exacting revenge.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I hope that someone else sees Chunky at this demo. The lack of closure here is getting ridiculous. I just want DK to get SOMETHING at this point.

Y'know, maybe Sakurai just could never beat Snow Barrel Blast, and is this is his way of exacting revenge.
Shortcut.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
To be serious for a moment, I don't understand how Diddy can get moves that are accurate to DK64, get a presumed reference to Lanky, and DK can get his classic rolling attack, but the series on a whole gets barely anything besides that.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
To be serious for a moment, I don't understand how Diddy can get moves that are accurate to DK64, get a presumed reference to Lanky, and DK can get his classic rolling attack, but the series on a whole gets barely anything besides that.
It's getting more than what Starfox is getting.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I would like to say again for us not to lose hope EVEN IF K.Rool isn't in this 3DS roster. Call it reaching, straw grasping, denial, whatever you want. I just find it incredibly hard to believe Sakurai would ignore the 3 most requested characters and give us everyone else but them in this roster. This is the 3DS's time to shine so it gets Smash first. I know people will get all offended for me saying the Wii U is version is more important but it is. Nintendo NEEDS to push consoles it needs Wii U to sell and Sm4sh is it's money printing machine. You think Nintendo is going to let 3DS kill the Wii U versions hype? Because I don't...... They're most likely holding back characters for the Wii U version that will be
revealed before it's launch and available on disk and will be free to 3DS owners post Wii U launch. I'm incredibly confident K.Rool will be there. Before you say "wait that's not fair to 3DS owners, Nintendo would never do that" false Nintendo just announced a new 3DS with more processesing power and control buttons and guess what there's already a game coming that can only be played on the "new 3DS" thus forcing you to buy the new one to play. If they're willing to do that I'm sure they are more than willing to make DLC that's tempting you to buy the Wii U version of Sm4sh or both. Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the new 3DS, I'm just pointing out that Nintendo isn't above trying to get your money. There will be one more trailer I expect. K.Rools chance isn't dead after 3DS.

I would like to say again for us not to lose hope EVEN IF K.Rool isn't in this 3DS roster. Call it reaching, straw grasping, denial, whatever you want. I just find it incredibly hard to believe Sakurai would ignore the 3 most requested characters and give us everyone else but them in this roster. This is the 3DS's time to shine so it gets Smash first. I know people will get all offended for me saying the Wii U is version is more important but it is. Nintendo NEEDS to push consoles it needs Wii U to sell and Sm4sh is it's money printing machine. You think Nintendo is going to let 3DS kill the Wii U versions hype? Because I don't...... They're most likely holding back characters for the Wii U version that will be
revealed before it's launch and available on disk and will be free to 3DS owners post Wii U launch. I'm incredibly confident K.Rool will be there. Before you say "wait that's not fair to 3DS owners, Nintendo would never do that" false Nintendo just announced a new 3DS with more processesing power and control buttons and guess what there's already a game coming that can only be played on the "new 3DS" thus forcing you to buy the new one to play. If they're willing to do that I'm sure they are more than willing to make DLC that's tempting you to buy the Wii U version of Sm4sh or both. Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the new 3DS, I'm just pointing out that Nintendo isn't above trying to get your money. There will be one more trailer I expect. K.Rools chance isn't dead after 3DS.

i agree that we shouldnt give up,even if we loose the battle........we will win the war by pushing operation k rool dlc

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
True. SF has one reused AT, no Smash Run enemies, no new 3DS stage, and lost a character. Things could be worse.
Don't count Wolf out completely. If there are more characters, he could very easily be one of them.

Remember, he was the last character unlocked in Brawl.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't count Wolf out completely. If there are more characters, he could very easily be one of them.

Remember, he was the last character unlocked in Brawl.
I think people are counting Wolf out because supposedly Fox has a recolor resembling Wolf.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Unfortunatly, the Dark Pit bias is shown as Dark Pit alt doesn't exist. I don't mind him being in, unless he is a clone. And to that I say we get our krew of Kremlings and Space Pirates
2 developing teams and no SSE to take the time.
I swear if the Hype 3 aren't in but the stupid Dark Pit and the stupid Dr Mario are..

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I swear if the Hype 3 aren't in but the stupid Dark Pit and the stupid Dr Mario are..
I can accept 2 of the big 3, by that, I mean no Mewtwo. But if we don't even get K.Rool or Ridley I will probably send a angry note about marketing problems with Ridley. I litteraly jumped on the K.Rool bandwagon so I won't be as upset as most of you

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I used Dr. Mario in Melee, and I still agree that he was a pointless addition. He really should just be an alt for Mario.

The worst part about Edgy Pit is that in a year or so, he'll be looked back on favorably.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Even though I'm on #TeamOptimistic, so to speak, I'm setting myself up for disappointment because of Sakurai..

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
I used Dr. Mario in Melee, and I still agree that he was a pointless addition. He really should just be an alt for Mario.

The worst part about Edgy Pit is that in a year or so, he'll be looked back on favorably.
Well, i already know who i'm going to wipe the floor with first on all FFA i play.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wish the time they spent making Dr Mario a clone was spent making Alph one. I hate that he's an alt costume. And Dr Mario is my favorite of the 3 clones.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I personally hate that three unimportant clones were chosen over one or both of Wolf and Lucas. The iconic Star Fox villain or the protagonist of Mother 3, both mostly unique veterans, would have been infinitely better than an existing character in a costume, an existing character's costume, and a character who spent her one game mostly disguised as an existing character.

Last edited:

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice
I personally hate that three unimportant clones were chosen over one or both of Wolf and Lucas. The iconic Star Fox villain or the protagonist of Mother 3, both mostly unique veterans, would have been infinitely better than an existing character in a costume, an existing character's costume, and a character who spent her one game mostly disguised as an existing character.
To be fair Lucina was originally going to be a costume until Sakurai noticed that her height was different, But spot on about Dr. Mario and Pittoo, They should have been costumes.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
This basically. I can understand the Ice Climbers being dropped because of framerate issues or whatever (though I still think it's asinine not to at least put them on the Wii U), but why not bring back characters who were unique? What is the logic behind it?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can potentially understand Lucas because the Mother franchise is so miniscule, but there's not much reason to cut Wolf at all, and nothing to suggest Wolf has been cut. Granted, it is an oddity that Fox has a costume resembling Wolf somewhat. It doesn't mean that much, though, Mario has had a Wario recolor forever.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I can potentially understand Lucas because the Mother franchise is so miniscule, but there's not much reason to cut Wolf at all, and nothing to suggest Wolf has been cut. Granted, it is an oddity that Fox has a costume resembling Wolf somewhat. It doesn't mean that much, though, Mario has had a Wario recolor forever.
Earthbound is a small series, but if it was too small to warrant two characters, why add Lucas to begin with? The Melee cuts save for Mewtwo were all clones, so I can understand why most of them would go. But Lucas is his own character. Sure, he plays similarly to Ness, but so does Falco to Fox. Adding Lucas only to drop him in the next game is a real kick in the krotch.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Earthbound is a small series, but if it was too small to warrant two characters, why add Lucas to begin with? The Melee cuts save for Mewtwo were all clones, so I can understand why most of them would go. But Lucas is his own character. Sure, he plays similarly to Ness, but so does Falco to Fox. Adding Lucas only to drop him in the next game is a real kick in the krotch.
Considering the boy's back story, I feel even worse for him.

To keep this post on topic I know everyone is mostly in agreement with King K Rools specials except for his down B. One suggestion I have is that he does his signature leap from DKC 1, doing damage from his jump and where he lands, but if you press B while in air he does his butt bounce from DK64, he would fall from an angle and make a green shock-wave when he hits the ground.

Top Bottom