• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Obviously this one:

K. Rool has climbed to the top of my most wanted list, now he's even higher than Ridley!
Yea that pic is pretty awesome. And I really agree with you. It's pretty much guaranteed that Ridley is in, so I am supporting K. Rool much more now because I am a little worried about him.

We Kutthroats have to make sure Dixie doesn't steal the spot K. Rool rightfully deserves!

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Why is Ridley guranteed?
I was kinda exaggerating when I said that. He has been teased so much and Sakurai would be a fool to not put him in. I just have very high hopes for him. Anyway, back on topic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo and K.Rool got equally teased I feel. Also, I would have no objection to Dixie at all. At this point, playable Dixie alone would justify a lot of the lack of DKC content this time around.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The only character teased I think was Mewtwo. In Greninja's trailer, when charging up his attack, his hands look nothing his own, but they bare a rather uncanny resemblance to Melee Mewtwo's.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Why is Ridley guranteed?
The correct term is almost guaranteed.

The only character teased I think was Mewtwo. In Greninja's trailer, when charging up his attack, his hands look nothing his own, but they bare a rather uncanny resemblance to Melee Mewtwo's.
Not the thread to talk about this, but Ridley has been teased too. Several times.

AcanthusLux

Smash Rookie
I have no idea why I've never asked to be added to the supporter list in this thread...There should be as many as possible of us to wail and lament on "that day"...

Anyway...that bit of cheeriness aside, I was looking at a top 10 (personal) want list I posted a little over a year ago, and saw that I had K Rool as #9. That doesn't seem quite right...(at least I had him before Krystal...). Looking over the list, I think he'd only move up 1 to 3 slots if I redid it today. BUT, if I remove 1) confirmed characters, 2) deconfirmed characters and 3) characters I never thought would actually appear or have since lost all hope of appearing, then he comes in at #2, just behind You-Know-Who (another giant reptile).

In conclusion, I think K Rool would add a lot to my enjoyment of the roster and, although his exclusion would not be a "deal-breaker" it would have a noticeable, negative impact on my perception of said roster.

QED

The End.

P.S. Did I mention please add me to the list of supporters?

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I'm just gonna throw this out here. I honestly think Retro is gonna make a third DKC game (not until like 2016 or 2017) for the Wii U and it will have the grand return of K. Rool and the Kremlings. Since they made Metroid Prime a trilogy, why not do the same for the new DKC? This would be a fantastic idea and would also make fans demand for him even more if he doesn't get in and Smash 4 had DLC.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna throw this out here. I honestly think Retro is gonna make a third DKC game (not until like 2016 or 2017) for the Wii U and it will have the grand return of K. Rool and the Kremlings. Since they made Metroid Prime a trilogy, why not do the same for the new DKC? This would be a fantastic idea and would also make fans demand for him even more if he doesn't get in and Smash 4 had DLC.
I don't doubt that Retro will make a third DKC game. The question is, will the Kremlings be included? Retro seems pretty adamant on doing their own thing.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I don't doubt that Retro will make a third DKC game. The question is, will the Kremlings be included? Retro seems pretty adamant on doing their own thing.
The only reason why the Kremlings haven't been in Returns and Tropical Freeze is because the producer (don't remember his name) told them not to. I think Retro has earned enough rights to put the Kremlings in if they want to and not have to listen to one guy who has a different opinion.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The only reason why the Kremlings haven't been in Returns and Tropical Freeze is because the producer (don't remember his name) told them not to. I think Retro has earned enough rights to put the Kremlings in if they want to and not have to listen to one guy who has a different opinion.
Pretty sure that was for Returns. I'm almost certain they had free reign for Tropical Freeze.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Pretty sure that was for Returns. I'm almost certain they had free reign for Tropical Freeze.
Did they really? Hmmm....then maybe they will bring them back just because of fan demand? (Because it is VERY apparent that fans want them back). All we can do is wait to see what they do.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
They did reference k. rool a few times in some stage formations in tf. I think it's apparent they are willing to use the kremlings but just wanted to try the new enemies first.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wonder what costume, if any, K. Rool would wear in the next DKC game he appears in.
The 3 he wears in DKC, much like how Bowser Jr. has the 7 Kremlings as alts.

However, the King K. Rool gimmick would be the one used, and it would look exactly like it, just like how several confirmed characters (including Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Fox, Falco, Charizard, Captain Falcon Ness, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, etc.) look fairly similar to how they look on various box arts and game art designs.

So expect to see this as the default of K. Rool...

...and expect the Kaptain and Mad Scientist art work-like appearances as alts.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
We all know you only want that stage because of this…

(Just kidding, it would be an awesome stage either way. Fricken’ love that music.
I didn't even know that rock was in that particular stage! Isn't that a coinkydink? I just thought the idea was cool. Agreed on the music, though. I even used it in a little SMBX project that's been soaking up quite a bit of my free time lately.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I do not understand all the hype with Chorus Men.
The Chorus Men/Kids are a unique kind of character that would function very differently and have a few qualities similar to G&W and the Ice Climbers, 2 of the best designed smash characters ever. I don't see how that's a bad thing. There's also the rhythm elements, which sound pretty cool if done right. I've heard ideas for a character with a rhythm mechanic thrown around for a long while (specifically with the Elite Beat Agents back pre-Brawl).

The Chorus Men/Kids also don't really come off as a kind of niche that competes with a character like the 3 top dogs in terms of support as potential newcomers (Dixie, K. Rool, and Ridley [and Rayman not too far behind]), so it's not like the Chorus Men/Kids serve as a threat to getting in over them.

Heck, Dixie and K. Rool aren't even "real threats" to one another, because they also fit under different niches.

There truly is no real substitute for Ridley and K. Rool from a gameplay, aesthetic, or character design standpoint.

I don't know why we would need to feel "threatened" by these characters. I mean, there was no substitute for Mega Man, the Villager, Miis, Robin, Shulk, or Little Mac, and look how that turned out.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The more I think about our current situation, the angrier I get. Donkey Kong Country Returns was one of the best selling games on the Wii, spawning a 3D remake and a critically acclaimed sequel. So far, the DK franchise has received zero new characters, zero new stages, zero items, and zero Assist Trophies. Meanwhile, Uprising bombed worldwide and the Kid Icarus franchise gets two newcomers, two new stages, a bunch of new items, and Phosphora and Magnus as Assist Trophies just because Sakurai developed the game. And yet this is the same "humble" man who refused to put Dedede in Melee because he didn't want to over represent his own franchise. Either they're saving something big or Sakurai is a biased piece of **** who needs to be fired. You decide.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The more I think about our current situation, the angrier I get. Donkey Kong Country Returns was one of the best selling games on the Wii, spawning a 3D remake and a critically acclaimed sequel. So far, the DK franchise has received zero new characters, zero new stages, zero items, and zero Assist Trophies. Meanwhile, Uprising bombed worldwide and the Kid Icarus franchise gets two newcomers, two new stages, a bunch of new items, and Phosphora and Magnus as Assist Trophies just because Sakurai developed the game. And yet this is the same "humble" man who refused to put Dedede in Melee because he didn't want to over represent his own franchise. Either they're saving something big or Sakurai is a biased piece of **** who needs to be fired. You decide.
Well, to be biased is human. We shouldn't hate him for it. I'd probably do the same thing if I were him.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
You sound like a hurt a fanboy.It's his game he can put what he wants in it.not to mention just because we haven't heard anything Donkey kong related doesn't mean there not any.He has many franchises to look at so of course some are gonna lose representation. I'm sure Dk is getting character(dixie or K rool),Item(Rambi more than likely),Maybe some assist trophy(cranky maybe chunky).Don't jump to conclusions

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
You sound like a hurt a fanboy.It's his game he can put what he wants in it.not to mention just because we haven't heard anything Donkey kong related doesn't mean there not any.He has many franchises to look at so of course some are gonna lose representation. I'm sure Dk is getting character(dixie or K roil),Item(Rambi more than likely),Maybe some assist trophy(cranky maybe chunky).Don't jump to conclusions
I swear you keep spelling K. Rool as "K roil" just to piss me off.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Uprising has actually sold over a million copies worldwide, so it technically didn't "bomb". It's a little underrated but I think it will sell more in the coming years. Anyway, don't hate on Sakurai just because he loves the games he makes and hasn't announced anything DK related yet.

The man can't reveal EVERYTHING in the game! I have a feeling Sakurai hasn't forgotten about the DK franchise. I'm pretty sure we have some new content (at least an AT and stage) coming, but it just hasn't been revealed yet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly guys... I may be optimistic here, but I think K. Rool IS playable in the game. At this point I think he's the #2 most likely newcomer after the leaked roster, and the #1 most likely newcomer to be announced in a release trailer.

Uprising has actually sold over a million copies worldwide, so it technically didn't "bomb". It's a little underrated but I think it will sell more in the coming years. Anyway, don't hate on Sakurai just because he loves the games he makes and hasn't announced anything DK related yet.

The man can't reveal EVERYTHING in the game! I have a feeling Sakurai hasn't forgotten about the DK franchise. I'm pretty sure we have some new content (at least an AT and stage) coming, but it just hasn't been revealed yet.
And yes I do think we've got a new 3DS stage as well as at least one AT, Chunky Kong.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
Pffft

When you get down to it, sales does not determine the worth of a franchise. Donkey Kong isnt any more or less worthy of Kid Icarus when it comes to who "deserves" more representation. What franchise you prefer doesn't matter.

Donkey Kong also got healthy representation in every Smash BEFORE this one, so it's not like its starving for representation. Things like Kid Icarus's revival getting attention and Fire Emblem getting loads of characters is GOOD because it means Nintendo isn't pushing the same franchises all of the time. It ultimately makes for a more diverse roster.

Lastly, Sakurai, FIRED? Are you out of your mind? Do you even realize how much this man does right with this franchise? Just because some character you like may not be in the game doesn't undo all the good work this guy has done on the Smash Bros series. It makes you sound entitled.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To think Smash was actually delayed cause of Uprising....

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Honestly guys... I may be optimistic here, but I think K. Rool IS playable in the game. At this point I think he's the #2 most likely newcomer after the leaked roster, and the #1 most likely newcomer to be announced in a release trailer.

And yes I do think we've got a new 3DS stage as well as at least one AT, Chunky Kong.
Especially since we have zero true heavyweights. You could say Bowser is, but...in his current state, I dunno.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's no reason to be more upset for things guys.

It's clear we got BIG DKC NEWS in Smash in the future.
To think Smash was actually delayed cause of Uprising....
Actually no it wasn't. Production was delayed, but pre-production wasn't. If pre-production wasn't the year long plus process it was, we might not have a Smash WiiU, and just a Smash 3DS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it goes with a new DKC title I'll be needing some guap.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only new DK title I can see being announced is DK64 3D (perhaps with Dixie Kong replacing Tiny and the ability to unlock K. Rool as playable after beating the game or something) or Diddy Kong Racing 2. I don't think Diddy Kong Racing 2 will be announce now, if anything it'd be announce at next year's E3, perhaps alongside a MK8 DK DLC pack to promote Diddy Kong Racing 2. I really do thinking DKR2 is happening now, I wasn't before, but now I honestly believe its legit, Diddy Kong SHOULD have been in MK8... but if they're planning a new Diddy Kong Racing game, that would make perfect sense to leave him out.

As for other potential DK reveals... I can potentially see an announcement of Donkey Kong Land finally coming to the west, along with the return of the DKC trilogy to virtual console. Or, more specifically, it would actually be DKC1-3 GBA for Virtual Console, since those versions already removed the Rare references.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Everyone's getting their characters and we other fans here are just like, "I'm just waiting for Mewtwo, Ridley, and/or King K. Rool". -_-

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The only new DK title I can see being announced is DK64 3D (perhaps with Dixie Kong replacing Tiny and the ability to unlock K. Rool as playable after beating the game or something)
How dare you. Tiny Kong will always be better than Dixie. I'm sure this would be the Tiny Kong we'd see in the game and the one I always wanted to play as in a DK 64 game:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Everyone's getting their characters and we other fans here are just like, "I'm just waiting for Mewtwo, Ridley, and/or King K. Rool". -_-
They are the most requested characters not yet revealed... K. Rool is the most requested Nintendo newcomer, Mewtwo the most requested character overall.

How dare you. Tiny Kong will always be better than Dixie. I'm sure this would be the Tiny Kong we'd see in the game and the one I always wanted to play as in a DK 64 game:
If DK64 were to get remade, I think Dixie would replace Tiny by default, but Tiny would still be unlockable. If DK64 were made today, just face it, Dixie would've been chosen long before making a new character.

I don't hate Tiny, though, I just like Dixie Kong more and she's more important to the series.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If DK64 were to get remade, I think Dixie would replace Tiny by default, but Tiny would still be unlockable. If DK64 were made today, just face it, Dixie would've been chosen long before making a new character.

I don't hate Tiny, though, I just like Dixie Kong more and she's more important to the series.
I disagree. If DK64 were made today, we'd probably see something close to the exact same thing minus K. Rool and the kremlings.

Dixie must not be that important if her own creators decided to ditch her.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I disagree. If DK64 were made today, we'd probably see something close to the exact same thing minus K. Rool and the kremlings.

Dixie must not be that important if her own creators decided to ditch her.
The game wouldn't work without the Kremlings. :p

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Interesting news apparently M2K and some other guys said the current build of Sm4sh they played has a new version of L-canceling in it which is apparently done with Zairing before you hit the ground. Dash dancing is there aswell. What does this mean?

It means Sakurai is listening to the fans. K.Rools chances are looking good
The Advanced techniques are returning? This is great news, also I'm staying on the K. Rool ship until the end.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I wonder what changed in Retro for them to be like that.

They weren't like "Hey, we're making a Metroid game! Let's not use Metroids, the Space Pirates or Ridley! We want to do our own thing!" with Metroid. Hell, Metroid Prime has so many shocking similarities to Super Metroid and even Kraid almost made it in there.

I hope Retro uses the Kremlings at least once. Just to put me at ease that they're not dead and Nintendo is the Illuminati trying to phase them out.

So when' s the 3-ds release for Japan again?
September 13, 2014.

Last edited:
Top Bottom