• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If you perform a D-Air and tilt the camera to hide the Mii's face, it looks like he grabbed a poison mushroom.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I play with my Mii Brawler a lot (since most of my matches are against friends anyway), but I'm used to play as a standard one I made when I only had the 3DS version (before the Wii U version be released; and then I transferred).... But then the Akira costumed happened and I had to buy, and now this K. Rool one; But they're only for laugh a bit against buddies, and then back to my conventional Mii. :T..

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
God, the costume looks SO good. Imagine how great the full character would look. All the animations and stuff. God dammit this is making me want him in the game so much more.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Alright, the original Mii I was using for Gunner was basically a self insert. Decided to just reuse that.

AaronKRool Krushes the Kompetition!....****

Using 1,3,2,1 I believe. If I wince my eyes, the shot put looks like a cannonball.

But I'll be damned if this costume doesn't look amazing. If the K. Rool hat covered the entire head as a mask, I wouldn't even be mad. make a Mii at max height and weight and it doesn't feel too terribly off.

Edit: I'll still be here, supporting. Worst comes to worst, if K. Rool never gets in (which he most likely will, but you never know), at least my childhood dream character in Smash since the 64 version is already in the base game:

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Those that perceive the K. Rool mii costume as representing a ballot consolation prize to the fanbase should think about how this argument applies more broadly, if at all. That is, the K. Rool costume is not the only mii costume we have seen. Why should this explanation only apply to K. Rool? That seems unnecessarily selective. After all, there are other characters popularly discussed in the ballot as well. We can't expect all of them to get in. If Sakurai is using the Mii costumes to pay tribute to popular but somehow unworkable characters (for whatever reason), why are K. Rool and Inkling the only ballot-popular characters to have shown up as Mii costumes? Surely, if this were Sakurai's way of handling popular but unworkable characters, we would be seeing costumes of other ballot-popular characters, too. But we aren't. We have a smattering of Mii costumes with apparently little coherence in theme.

Polls suggest Lloyd is a non-entity in Smash Bros ballot. Same with Heihachi, Chrom, Black Knight, the Flying Man from Mother, etc. Inkling is the only one whose name pops up significantly in the ballot. To me, this suggests that the idea that K. Rool mii is a consolation prize to his fanbase is premature. If this were a more powerful explanation, shouldn't we be seeing it explain these other Mii costume cases? K. Rool and Inkling are not the only one on trial. If this explanation doesn't seem to really apply to these other characters, this explanation should be viewed with caution.

Let us not forget that K. Rool was a popular character in the pre-release period. And while we did not get much DK content in the base games, we did have gems in the rough: like the Kritters in Smash Run.

Ultimately, the "consolation prize" explanation could be true, of course. But for the moment, we can't be sure. There is enough uncertainty about this explanation to continue marching forward toward our goal of #BringBackKRool. Even if it were true, however -- even if these Mii costumes were intended as a consolation prize for us -- should we go out with a whimper or with a bang? Our fanbase has already done much work already. Much work that simply can't be undone -- ballot votes, for example. Let us use this work to finish like thunder. We are already the talk of the town. Let's continue that: let's continue making fan art, discussing moveset ideas, talking about our favorite DKC/K.Rool memories, and raising the presence of a character we care about. And yes, even buying the K. Rool Mii suit. Even if you believe K. Rool's chances are minimal, what's the most productive thing you can do to help K. Rool in the long run? It's fine if you have different priorities, but if you want to see this character back in Smash or DKC, I suggest you keep going.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I guess I should ask: is there anyone datamining 1.1.0 for any juicy bits? Has it been done already or is no one planning on it?

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Still rather confused by why they would turn a top ballot character like King. K. Rool into a costume, but we've still heard nothing about other high ballot characters like Issac. I really would like to see K. Rool, he'd be something visually different on the roster. I know Issac wouldn't play similarly to preexisting characters, but he visually reminds me of Fire Emblem/Xenoblade characters with his design. If we do get Issac and not K. Rool, I would be a little irked, no offense to Issac fans, it's just a personal thing. For my K. Rool support, I've gone and made him fancy, as are my other supported characters.

FancyKingKRool.png

I will be adding this to my signature, still believing in seeing him sooner or later.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Never give up Kuttthroats! The moment you give up is the moment it's all over! Until then you fight and you believe! Even in the face of utter despair, you must never quit!

Now, I've been looking into the costumes, and I think I noticed something that I'm not sure anyone else has. First of all, let's look at the other costumes. It seems like a random assortment, Black Knight, Samus' Armor, odd choices. But then there's the oddest, the Flying Man. Of all characters to make Costumes of, why Flying Man? He's not the most iconic Mother character, I can think of 10 that'd be more likely to make costumes out of.

Then I remembered this little fact about Smash's development:

As you may, or may not, know, the Flying Man in the 3DS game was originally a full 3D model, that was eventually cut. Now unfortunately this only screenshot of it is blurry, but hopefully you can compare it to the costume.

(Unfortunately the only picture online right now is the Wii U version which is less than ideal but hopefully it can still help.) As you can see, there are some similarities in the model and design. Quite a few in fact. It's very likely that they had the model finished, and when it was cut instead of letting the work they put into it go to waste, they reworked the model, textures, and design into the Mii Costume that you see today.

Now, what does an Avian have to do with a Reptile? Well, I bring the Flying Man up because it shows that they can pretty easily work a model into a Mii Outfit. It's probably quick and easy for them to do. Low Effort work. Now you by all know that the K. Rool outfit is NOT based off of his new design that's already in Smash as a trophy, but his classic design. The dark dull green, pronounced scales, old chestplate, bigger crown, bloodshoot-er eye, it's all there. Now, why would they put all this work into making out a new K. Rool design and all just for an Outfit? Especially when they could've easily reworked the currently existing model as an outfit?

I think somewhere in Nintendo's HQ they've already made the model and assets for King K. Rool, it's all there already. And it was made after Smash's Character Poll. I've seen people say that they think the costume was made before they even considered characters, but if so I really don't think they'd put all the time into recreating the old Rare design when again, there was already the model and design documents all there for the modern one.

The real question is, why would they make him a costume? And if the Flying Man's model was made into a costume because he was scrapped, then couldn't the same be said for K. Rool? I really considered this and how it might spell doom for the king, but I simply couldn't think up of a logical scenario where they began serious work on him, and decided halfway through to give up. Copyright? That obviously isn't the case, especially if they put his costume for sale. Relevance? Takamaru didn't make it past a mere idea because of this, considering K. Rool is topping fan charts worldwide and they went so far as to at least make him a new model, textures, and all, I doubt this would be the case either. I can think of reasons why they might not consider him in the first place, but to start work, make design documents, textures, models, and all of that, just to scrap him? I really can't think of any reason why they'd do that.

So, if he isn't scrapped, then why make him a costume? Was it just a texture/model test they put on the Mii, and they decided it was so good that they'd package it up and sell it? That's honestly the most likely feature I can think of, maybe they wanted to test how his shaders for the gold plates and all would run in Smash, and then decided to just go ahead and monetize it. But why release it now instead of after or alongside K. Rool? Because why would you buy a K. Rool outfit if you already had K. Rool himself?

Now, that's just my theory, there could be other reasons why they decided to sell a K. Rool outfit. Or hell, maybe it's all just face value a costume and I'm looking too much into it. But personally, I think with all the work put into it that this can only mean good things for the Kremling.

Good luck Kuttthroats, and never give up! Remember, no good pirate dies, not forever! And a Kaptain is nothing without his loyal krew! Stay strong!

BlueSmasher73

Smash Rookie
Bought the costume, it is really detailed. (Imagining how playable K. Rool will look). I will keep supporting, the only Dis-confirmation I will take is Sakurai himself saying K. Rool won't be a playable fighter. K. Rool won't be playable if everyone is going to give up. I will continue putting my all into this and a costume means nothing to me at all. I would rather know that I did absolutely everything I could at the end of the day than to let the opportunity slip by because something minor pops up.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Glad to see all the people willing to support for the King! We're not even close to out of this Ballot race until the ballot is OVER. Or til' Sakurai says so. After all I've seen today I'm really confident, in fact, that K. Rool will make it into the game. :kirby:

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
As a former Ridley supporter I can say we've all been there before.

The whole "He never said he was de-confirmed!" argument is weak.

When it doesn't look good, its not.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Never give up Kuttthroats! The moment you give up is the moment it's all over! Until then you fight and you believe! Even in the face of utter despair, you must never quit!

Now, I've been looking into the costumes, and I think I noticed something that I'm not sure anyone else has. First of all, let's look at the other costumes. It seems like a random assortment, Black Knight, Samus' Armor, odd choices. But then there's the oddest, the Flying Man. Of all characters to make Costumes of, why Flying Man? He's not the most iconic Mother character, I can think of 10 that'd be more likely to make costumes out of.

Then I remembered this little fact about Smash's development:

As you may, or may not, know, the Flying Man in the 3DS game was originally a full 3D model, that was eventually cut. Now unfortunately this only screenshot of it is blurry, but hopefully you can compare it to the costume.

(Unfortunately the only picture online right now is the Wii U version which is less than ideal but hopefully it can still help.) As you can see, there are some similarities in the model and design. Quite a few in fact. It's very likely that they had the model finished, and when it was cut instead of letting the work they put into it go to waste, they reworked the model, textures, and design into the Mii Costume that you see today.

Now, what does an Avian have to do with a Reptile? Well, I bring the Flying Man up because it shows that they can pretty easily work a model into a Mii Outfit. It's probably quick and easy for them to do. Low Effort work. Now you by all know that the K. Rool outfit is NOT based off of his new design that's already in Smash as a trophy, but his classic design. The dark dull green, pronounced scales, old chestplate, bigger crown, bloodshoot-er eye, it's all there. Now, why would they put all this work into making out a new K. Rool design and all just for an Outfit? Especially when they could've easily reworked the currently existing model as an outfit?

I think somewhere in Nintendo's HQ they've already made the model and assets for King K. Rool, it's all there already. And it was made after Smash's Character Poll. I've seen people say that they think the costume was made before they even considered characters, but if so I really don't think they'd put all the time into recreating the old Rare design when again, there was already the model and design documents all there for the modern one.

The real question is, why would they make him a costume? And if the Flying Man's model was made into a costume because he was scrapped, then couldn't the same be said for K. Rool? I really considered this and how it might spell doom for the king, but I simply couldn't think up of a logical scenario where they began serious work on him, and decided halfway through to give up. Copyright? That obviously isn't the case, especially if they put his costume for sale. Relevance? Takamaru didn't make it past a mere idea because of this, considering K. Rool is topping fan charts worldwide and they went so far as to at least make him a new model, textures, and all, I doubt this would be the case either. I can think of reasons why they might not consider him in the first place, but to start work, make design documents, textures, models, and all of that, just to scrap him? I really can't think of any reason why they'd do that.

So, if he isn't scrapped, then why make him a costume? Was it just a texture/model test they put on the Mii, and they decided it was so good that they'd package it up and sell it? That's honestly the most likely feature I can think of, maybe they wanted to test how his shaders for the gold plates and all would run in Smash, and then decided to just go ahead and monetize it. But why release it now instead of after or alongside K. Rool? Because why would you buy a K. Rool outfit if you already had K. Rool himself?

Now, that's just my theory, there could be other reasons why they decided to sell a K. Rool outfit. Or hell, maybe it's all just face value a costume and I'm looking too much into it. But personally, I think with all the work put into it that this can only mean good things for the Kremling.

Good luck Kuttthroats, and never give up! Remember, no good pirate dies, not forever! And a Kaptain is nothing without his loyal krew! Stay strong!
I didn't even realize the 3D flying man model was a thing, but it all makes sense now. Even with the Flying Man, all of the current mii fighter outfits have been ripped from existing models in the game that we know of...except for K. Rool.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
OMG I can't believe Sakurai did this, at least there is more acknowledgement of the character, and we know that internet polls are pretty much true on how popular characters are getting voted as DLC. I still don't understand why they sell Mii's outfits if you won't use them online... if you could, maybe Sakurai could really see how much people want King K Rool. Maybe he couldn't make him work? Sakurai couldn't come up with a moveset?

I'm not a King K supporter, but I still feel the pain as I imagine if that happened to one of my wanted characters. I think Heihachi was a considered character? So know there is Inklings (which is sure to be in Smash 5), Heihachi, Lloyd, Chrom, Akira, Jacky and King K Rool as costumes of non fighting characters... I don't really know what it means but, still, who knows?

I will go ahead and give my condolences because I really think its unlikely (Not trying to sound mean, just trying to be nice).
Still wish you good luck! If not now, maybe in Smash 5!!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm loving the belly physics the K. Rool costume has.

I'll still be here supporting as always. Once the big Kroc is in, I'll be done with the whole character speculation thing, at least for Smash 4. The rest of the DLC will just be icing on the Krocodile cake.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Guys, remember how in a past interview Sakurai mentioned how Bowser Jr. was almost cut but other characters didn't have the same luck? What if K. Rool was one of them?

There's something interesting about the Mii costumes. Most are based on already existing models of characters and assist trophies like Link and Isabelle. There are also costumes for characters that appear in trophy form like Zero and Black Knight. Sakurai actually created a 3D model for the Flying Men of Magicant but 3DS issues ocurred and the easier solution was a 2D model. Finally there's Chrom which as we know was heavily considered until Robin took his place yet still assists him as a final smash.

See where I'm going with this? Almost all of the character based DLC costumes are based on already existing models in Smash 4. However K. Rool's costume looks totally different from his trophy appearance. Sure there's also the Inklings but they were clearly made to advertise even more Splatoon (Nintendo really advertised it a lot... even in ice creams). Heihachi and Akira? Well, if Capcom got a character from its most known fighting franchise, it seems nice for Sega and Namco to receive a similar treatment, plus it also helps to advertise Project X Zone 2. Finally Lloyd. In a recent interview, Sakurai mentioned how he had certain Namco characters like Heihachi in mind but decided to go with Pacman. Lloyd could have been in his mind at one point. Also Namco helped develop the game so it's nice for them to receive more acknowledgement even if it's just a costume (Tales of is a fan favorite of Namco).

So if you bothered to read all of this, then I can affirm you that K. Rool clearly still stands a chance. Don't fear, fellow kutthroats! I'd say K. Rool looks even likelier now. I won't abandon ship until the very end for I believe K. Rool's finest hour is just about to start :)

Last edited:

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
From the official site:

"Has your Mii Fighter always dreamed of being king of the Kremlings? Now your Mii Fighters can realize their true destiny with this King K. Rool costume!"

That's not exactly what I dreamed of when it came to K. Rool's destiny.
Maybe my Mii fighter dreamed of that, but I sure as hell didn't...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I didn't even realize the 3D flying man model was a thing, but it all makes sense now. Even with the Flying Man, all of the current mii fighter outfits have been ripped from existing models in the game that we know of...except for K. Rool.
yeah...

Link - Skyward Sword;
X - Part of Mega Man Final Smash;
Proto Man - His trophy in Smash4;
Dunban - Part of Shulk Final Smash;
Isabelle - Assist Trophy;
Mega Man.EXE - Part of Mega Man Final Smash;
Zero - His Trophy in Smash4;
Inkling Girl/Boy - Splatoon;
Jacky - Virtua Fighter 5;
Heihachi - Tekken Tag Tournament 2;
K.K. Slider - His background appearence in Smash4;
Flying Man - Scrapped Model of Stage Hazard for Magicant in Smash4 3DS;
Chrom - Part of Robin Final Smash;
Black Knight - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn;
Lloyid - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World;
Samus - Her playable self in Smash4;

Well, I mentioned before, Akira also got a new model, but he's based on his blocky design from the original Virtua Fighter... he's a bunch of polygons, probably the easiest (and cheapest) to do; ... K. Rool is the only having such good treatment, and being from a non-existent model.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, this idea that "they would never, ever do anything with K. Rool before the ballot because of MUHRELEVAAAAAANCE" and that he had nothing going for him before the ballot is getting really old.

They decided on the roster in early 2012, which means they would have had upward of three years to see K. Rool's growing popularity. What with how Treehouse members like Bihldorff are confirmed to lurk Smashboards, there's zero chance they aren't aware. Unlike some fans, Nintendo doesn't stick its figurative fingers into its ears and sing 'la la la,' despite what some might have you believe based on a few past decisions.

I mean, it's trendy nowadays to scoff at K. Rool's support for the main game and how "He never had a chance, only Dixie did because of MUHRELEVAAAAAANCE," but it was there, and like @ InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand has sourced, it topped almost every popularity chart out there. Consistently.

And that's not to mention the period of over a year where the Kremling Kampaign was open on Twitter, with dozens of people tweeting pictures, movesets, requests and whatnot to Sakurai, Nintendo and Higuchi. I checked a few times during those slow months...the developers weren't getting tagged in that many tweets each day. They definitely at least saw a few of those drawings in passing, and the fact that we were basically the only fanbase out there accomplishing this is powerful as well...every other character campaign really just started copying us after the ballot started.

And that's not even mentioning that K. Rool received as many mentions as Lucas, Mega Man and Villager in Sakurai's old Brawl journal.

The obvious counter to this is "If he has all that happening, why hasn't he happened yet??" If the ballot ends and there's still no K. Rool in sight, we'll have to face the news that Sakurai just doesn't want the character in the game. Until then, however, don't slow down even a bit and keep voting. It's not over until the fat croc sings.

Last edited:
Sakurai is yet to re tweet the K. Rool costume, but he's re tweeted about Lloyd among the other updates. We are probably looking too far into things but it's slightly interesting :)

"Its not over until they say so and not till the ballot is done.)
This is what it comes down to and my take on it. My gut feeling says it will be tough for K. Rool to get in now(but then again it already was) but he isn't entirely out of it.

We will only know when it comes straight from the horses mouth.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
If anything at this point I'm almost certain K Rool is going to be playable...we just have to be patient for the inevitable reveal trailer.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
I'm on the boat that this can mean nothing but good things for our krocodile. It's such a strange thing... along with the fact that this whole update was just sort've dropped out of the blue. Which seems really weird. I'm hoping they're saving something big to announce in awhile.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm anxious as everyone, but I don't think we'll get a Direct so soon.. maybe in the half of the month, if we're lucky; I just don't think that Nintendo is in the mood of doing a Direct for a while (neither is Sakurai). Maybe just an announcement of a quick video like the Lucina/Robin one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm anxious as everyone, but I don't think we'll get a Direct so soon.. maybe in the half of the month, if we're lucky; I just don't think that Nintendo is in the mood of doing a Direct for a while (neither is Sakurai). Maybe just an announcement of a quick video like the Lucina/Robin one.
Believe what you wanna believe, but I think it shouldn't take too long before the next Direct is revealed. That may be just me, but still.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Yeah. I'm hoping there's at least something in the files from the recent update that miners can find. Being totally honest we're probably going to get 3 new characters like we did with Roy, Lucas, and Ryu before or around October. Probably K Rool, Wolf, and someone else.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I think I saw someone say it somewhere. My thought is K. Rool goes hand in hand with costumes. Maybe this is just a homage to that and will be part of the reveal trailer?

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I want to give up. I just don't see the point anymore. I'm sick of waiting for something I should be getting by default and only getting a stupid skin for a Mii. It seems like a blatant middle finger to those who wanted the character. Keep that optimism up, but I'm throwing in the towel.

I still support the cause, and I'm dually impressed with all the supporters of this character. Baron being the helmsman of this whole movement is definitely worth a mention. You've done a fantastic job of keeping things civilized and hopeful, and I really hope something more comes from this. But as of right now, I'm done. I didn't learn from Brawl, and I didn't learn from this game and the post-release frame. It's time to move on. Other series have satisfied me more than Smash, and I think it's time to focus on them and lay Smash to rest. Now, if K. Rool does show up, awesome. I'll buy him and definitely confirm my leave from this series now that I have what I want. Why buy another game from a series I don't particularly like when I have what I need from the game I own? Even if the gameplay is fixed, It's not my cup of tea, really. I like the concept of Smash but playing it isn't as interesting, for the time being, anyway. Eight player Smash IS fun, if a little confusing and mindnumbing.

Why worry about Smash? King K. Rool is likely to appear in the next DK game whenever that comes to pass. So I can look forward to that and be happy our King returned to his rightful place. As far as I'm concerned, that'll be my victory.

With that said, I'm still with the Kutthroats, and I'm still in your corner, for those who still believe there's a light at the end of this tunnel. But for Smash, I think I can move on now.

The Dream Never Dies.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
How to contribute to the Kremling Kampaign:

> #KrocTheVote. Perhaps one of the most important contributions you can make is casting votes for K. Rool. After all, votes connect directly to our goal: bringing K. Rool to Smash and back to DK games in the future. We are the largest and most organized group of fans on the ballot. Let's make use of that. Vote at home! Vote at work or school. Vote at your local Starbucks/Mcdonalds with wifi or the library. Ask friends to vote! Multiply your impact. We can make up for any lost band-wagoners or K. Rool fans that decided it was better to pout than to do something productive. And remember, even departed fans have already helped us reach our goal.

> Make fan art. Art can sometimes communicate feelings and messages more efficiently and effectively than just words. Draw! Make videos! Make music! Make plushies! We've already seen all of this and more so far. Share them in this thread and link back to your website/gallery. Let us connect with you wherever you create media that supports K. Rool. Tag your work with #KrocTheVote.

> Discuss K. Rool movesets. Continue to discuss how you'd like to see K. Rool join the battle. How can he use electricity? Should he use minions in his attacks? Could you think of a moveset where he just uses the blunderbuss? Raise excitement about the possibility of seeing a character with huge creative potential join the battle. Draw them out if you can!

> Buy the K. Rool Mii costume. A shocking turn of events for individuals that thought K. Rool would not resurface again. (They won't admit it though, they've probably moved goal posts again). In general, K. Rool fans have met this new item with negativity. But you must remember that while the Mii costume is underwhelming relative to the potential full inclusion of the character, this is the first new K. Rool content in 7 years. This is an opportunity to materially promote K. Rool at an affordable cost. Some worry that buying K. Rool would suggest that we are satisfied with the Mii treatment. This seems misguided: as others have mentioned, who would actually believe fans would be satisfied with a Mii costume? Surely, the more reasonable interpretation to expect from Nintendo would be that increased interest in the K. Rool mii suggests increased interest in K. Rool himself.

> Continue to discuss K. Rool on this forum and elsewhere. One one of our strongest advantages is our presence. More than any other character, K. Rool dominates Smash Bros discussion. Continue this by returning to this thread, mentioning him on other forums you visit, posting comments on artwork about K. Rool, retweeting K. Rool support pictures or messages. Let's maintain the awareness of the community.

Finally, realize that these efforts may not pay off in terms of Smash Bros DLC. This is a possibility that needs to be conceptualized and accepted. Nevertheless, it should not paralyze us in fear. It's true that disappointment hurts. At the end of the day, however, the bigger loss is walking away from an opportunity to make a difference. We are past the midpoint of the ballot and K. Rool has led almost all of it. Whatever happens to him as Smash DLC, the best we can do is to push him to the finish line with enthusiasm.

jrocy247

Smash Rookie
Legitimate question to everyone.
What is the actual purpose of this "KrocTheVote" campaign?
Because what seriously sounds like to me...is that people are wasting their wishes on a character somebody else wants....Like it feels like I'm not even seeing free will of thinking at this point. Not trying to even sound condescending or assholish about it. This kinda just rubs me the wrong way to how fans are reacting about it. It's better to have something then to have nothing honestly, so now it just sounds to a point that yes, people are in fact, being self-entitled.
Costume is a costume, it neither confirms nor deconfirms a character...But whether you like it or not, he is literally in the same situation as all the OTHER characters that were turned into Costumes, which in likely chance meaning he's not gonna be playable.
And people go, "But Samus and Link got costumes, Metaknight mask was revealed before the actual character", the key difference that some people like to cherry pick through, is that they're already IN THE GAME.

It's fine if you want K. Rool in the game...But as of what i've seen, It's kinda BS to me to have someone campaign around convincing people to Piggyback a vote because "It's the right thing to do". This Ballot is sorta meant for your choice, not what a general populace says it should be.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
How to contribute to the Kremling Kampaign:

Vote at home! Vote at work or school. Vote at your local Starbucks/Mcdonalds with wifi or the library. Ask friends to vote! Multiply your impact. We can make up for any lost band-wagoners or K. Rool fans that decided it was better to pout than to do something productive. And remember, even departed fans have already helped us reach our goal.

Ok I admire the optimism and all but I think just supporting them as you are doing right now its fine, its just a vote for a character for a game. I dont think its a good idea to ask your friends to vote for a character (I mean unless they play smash and care about K Rool). I really think you already have a lot of support (from many sites and countries) and just because a few are giving up its not going to affect much on the ballot, as there are already votes there. We are voting for character here not the president.

Remember, the character DOESN'T have to be number 1 (because probably Goku or some other impossible character is already at 1), its just so Sakurai can see what does the audience all over the world want and then he can pick 1 o 2 from a Top 10, after he evaluates his decision. I think K Rool is pretty safe now.

Also, saying that K Rool dominates Smash Bros discussion and that his is the largest and most organized group of fans on the ballot is a little entitled.
And if you are largest then why worry about a few leaving?

Top Bottom