• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
:4pacman: does damage.
Huh, so he can. I stand corrected. Still, the overall amount of non-damaging recoveries amongst newcomers is strange.

Even ones like :4wiifit: only do damage sort of as an afterthought.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Seeings as I'm currently playing Mario Strikers Charged...if only this happened.

I always appreciated Mario Strikers using Kritters as the goalies, of all the things they could have picked from in the Mario universe, they opted for Kremlings.

StormC

Smash Hero
It kinda makes me think, would K. Rool have done a lot better in chances if he appeared in spin-offs after Sluggers? Stuff like Mario Kart, or even a new PAON game for the 3DS.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It kinda makes me think, would K. Rool have done a lot better in chances if he appeared in spin-offs after Sluggers? Stuff like Mario Kart, or even a new PAON game for the 3DS.
If he did, "muh relevance" would never have been brought up, since he'd have the same clout as Daisy and Waluigi in that regard while also having a ton of DK games he stars as the main villain. If he did appear in more spinoffs, he might have been in Smash already.

Edit: It more has to do with K. Rool stepping on Bowser's toes, both being large reptilian villains. Not to mention in Mario Spinoffs, Donkey Kong (and Diddy Kong) are seen as extensions of the Mario Universe rather than taking parts of the Donkey Kong Country games (with the odd twist of Funky Kong being in Mario Kart 7). Hell it's a miracle to get Diddy in Mario spinoff games, let alone K. Rool.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
If he did, "muh relevance" would never have been brought up, since he'd have the same clout as Daisy and Waluigi in that regard while also having a ton of DK games he stars as the main villain. If he did appear in more spinoffs, he might have been in Smash already.

Edit: It more has to do with K. Rool stepping on Bowser's toes, both being large reptilian villains. Not to mention in Mario Spinoffs, Donkey Kong (and Diddy Kong) are seen as extensions of the Mario Universe rather than taking parts of the Donkey Kong Country games (with the odd twist of Funky Kong being in Mario Kart 7). Hell it's a miracle to get Diddy in Mario spinoff games, let alone K. Rool.
Funky was in Wii not 7. The only Kong in 7 and 8 are DK himself. I'm mixed on this since I do like it how it seems like they are trying to differentiate DK and Mario more but I want to play as Diddy and Funky in Mario Kart damn it!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Funky was in Wii not 7. The only Kong in 7 and 8 are DK himself. I'm mixed on this since I do like it how it seems like they are trying to differentiate DK and Mario more but I want to play as Diddy and Funky in Mario Kart damn it!
Oh, sorry, I forgot which one it was. I keep mixing up 7 and Wii, since I played neither.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
His speedy reply seemed generally genuine to me. As if EVEN HE wasn't 100% SURE it was going to happen but got information of the general idea of characters being looked at by the dev team right now. Kind of a small hint of the future possibly? But it doesn't seem this guy is by any means FORCING the fact that these characters are going to happen CoNFIRMED. And because of that, there is some... truth there it feels.

disclaimer: This is the internet, and people CAN lie, but we can only give this person the benefit of the doubt right now, and if we can somehow disprove it, then sure, he

was lying, but from where I stand I see it as "it is what it is, time will tell."
The problem is, its IMPOSSIBLE to "prove" a shortlist. We can't possibly know what, if any shortlist actually exists unless Sakurai himself states as such, so its pointless to even try. The flat out states that the shortlist isn't a guarantee at all, and that its (presumably) pre-ballot anyway, which could easily change with the ballot.

All in all... its pointless to try and even debate it. Whether its true or fake, we can't POSSIBLY know at all, and even if its true nothing is set in stone anyway, so why bother?

The nice takeaway is that K. Rool is now a fixture on "believable" fake leaks. Talk about a far cry from pre-release when his presence on a leak was enough for people to dismiss it en masses as "just another fan wish list."
To be fair, that's because the ballot is all about popularity. Now any DLC "leaks" WOULDN'T be believable if they weren't lined with fan wish list characters, because that's literally what DLC is all about.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Man I really hope K. Rool doesn't carry around the blunderbuss, it'll look kinda awkward and put too much focus on it.
Do ppl want K.Rool to be based of DKC2? Or just have some moves from it?
I assumed like me was expecting him to be appearence wise based of DKC1...i dunno confused now...gettinf of the bus.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Do ppl want K.Rool to be based of DKC2? Or just have some moves from it?
I assumed like me was expecting him to be appearence wise based of DKC1...i dunno confused now...gettinf of the bus.
I think most people want a "Greatest Hits" moveset consisting of moves from every game. Appearance wise he'd have the standard look with serious alt potential.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We don't know for a fact that it's as simple as Sakurai looking at the ballot and saying "what are the top voted video game characters?" and calling it a day. So while this leak is on shaky ground, that doesn't dismiss the very real possibility that Sakurai is looking for more than just popularity.
I definitely think Sakurai is looking for more than just popularity. It's too easy to make this a paint-by-numbers affair, which we all know is not Sakurai's style at all.

Regardless of how it's being dissected, though, K. Rool is in a fantastic position. I really doubt anyone satisfies the criteria as much or as efficiently as he does right now.

This is the best time for K. Rool to get in. The best part of that is that, if K. Rool does get to celebrate his finest hour, it's because of everything this fanbase did.

Hmmmmm

That is a good point.

It may be more than just most voted for voted on.

Could involved unquieness and popularity

Which is yet again more evidence for the king since hes all the above. (Including the most voted on.)

So probably look at the 10 between 20 most voted for and pick the most unquie and popular ones

And throw away characters already deconfirmed and veterans not in, except for wolf and snake and possible try again on defeating the 3ds limitations for ice climbers.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
D

Deleted member

I like it too since its represents DK64 but :4bowser::4dedede::4yoshi: already have a butt stomp (Luigi kinda has one but its just a down throw)
and samus mewtwo and lucario have charging energy balls. half the fighters punch each other your point?
If K. Rool got revealed and his Helipack did indeed function very similarly to Snake's, I fear that + his general niche as a heavyweight with a trap/projectile playstyle would make people cry "he replaced Snake!" I personally wouldn't mind, but it would probably kill Snake's chances in a lot of people's minds.
mewtwo and lucario in a nutshell. i hope to god that doesn't happen again.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
The buttstomp is a perfect Down Smash. This way you could fill the Down Special slot with the electric globes, the oil drums, the gas clouds or something.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I was giving my thoughts on DK's recovery (one of the reasons I actually don't play him).
You don't play DK because of it bad recovery, but still Little Mac show up in your main list. Get your priority checked bruh.:troll:

Spin-off helped Rosalina to be revelant :
Main game : 3 (Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and 3D World)
Spin-off : 7 (Kart Wii/7/GP DX/8, Party Island Tour/10 and MArio Golf World Tour.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Rosalina is in kind of a weird spot because we don't know if 3D World played a role in getting her into Smash, but it made her addition that much more... valid? Being playable in a Mario platformer is a pretty big deal and an easy way to become a Nintendo all-star. So it might be a lucky coincidence, maybe not.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm happy to see that K. Rool is almost entirely "Yes". Surprised to see so much "No" for Shovel Knight, but maybe his popularity was just a brief affair. Young Link is the only veteran I do not want to see return at all. Two Links is enough since Toon Link essentially replaced Young Link. I still stand by my statement that Toon Link IS Young Link, just with a more differentiated model. I really, really, really want a new Zelda character. But one that isn't another Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf (I will make an exception for Tetra but I would rather Impa).

As I said earlier on K. Rool, if he got in on more Mario spinoffs, he'd be much more likely. At least he wouldn't get automatically shut down like he has been pre-ballot.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Rosalina is in kind of a weird spot because we don't know if 3D World played a role in getting her into Smash, but it made her addition that much more... valid? Being playable in a Mario platformer is a pretty big deal and an easy way to become a Nintendo all-star. So it might be a lucky coincidence, maybe not.
We're is blue toad than? He was playable in 2 mario platformer and he still isn't playable in Smash. I personnally think that it's her popularity that got her in Smash. Also, I can't get over the fact that she was prioritized over Jr, who was the main antagonist of Sunshine (Bowser was the final boss, not the main antagonist) and since than the second antagonist in every main Mario platformers, not counting the 24 spin-off where he appeared (being either the most important antagonist aside from Bowser or playable) and the fact that he come with the all-stars know as the Koopalings.:glare: I don't hate Rosalina, in fact I find her really cool, it's just that I'm a big Jr fan who want to see him getting some justice.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
We're is blue toad than? He was playable in 2 mario platformer and he still isn't playable in Smash. I personnally think that it's her popularity that got her in Smash. Also, I can't get over the fact that she was prioritized over Jr, who was the main antagonist of Sunshine (Bowser was the final boss, not the main antagonist) and since than the second antagonist in every main Mario platformers, not counting the 24 spin-off where he appeared (being either the most important antagonist aside from Bowser or playable) and the fact that he come with the all-stars know as the Koopalings.:glare: I don't hate Rosalina, in fact I find her really cool, it's just that I'm a big Jr fan who want to see him getting some justice.
When the ESRB leak happened, while I was sad to see no Ridley or K. Rool, I was ecstatic to see Bowser Jr.

He was a highly requested character for a while now, and he would be my pick after the Space Dragon and Kroc. Jr.'s always been my character in Mario spinoffs when he's available, and my main captain in Strikers Charged.

I just get an idea : the whole Toad Brigade working as a swarm type character! That would be awesome right?
That would probably be hell to animate on the 3DS, where they can't get 6 Pikmin or Ice Climbers to work.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
In all seriousness, I think Toad is hampered by not really representing anything. Rosalina represents the Galaxy games and the "space" theme in general so she can have a moveset based on those properties. Bowser Jr. represents the New games and also has the Koopalings with him (in addition to being the very first mech fighter in Smash). Toad lacks something to represent, per se.

This is only in regards to Blue Toad, though, as Captain Toad is a pretty different situation altogether.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
When the ESRB leak happened, while I was sad to see know Ridley or K. Rool, I was ecstatic to see Bowser Jr.

He was a highly requested character for a while now, and he would be my pick after the Space Dragon and Kroc. Jr.'s always been my character in Mario spinoffs when he's available, and my main captain in Strikers Charged.
Same for me! Are you sure we aren't the same person?

That would probably be hell to animate on the 3DS, where they can't get 6 Pikmin or Ice Climbers to work.
Smash 5 will exist. I hope that it will either get no handheld version are an handheld console that will be super powerful.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Same for me! Are you sure we aren't the same person?

Smash 5 will exist. I hope that it will either get no handheld version are an handheld console that will be super powerful.

We just might be!

And that's true, there is always Smash 5. I wonder if Sakurai would even bother directing it since he basically was tug along by his shirt collar by Iwata...who sadly is no longer with us...to direct subsequent Smashes. I just hope whoever directs the next Smash is just as good with the series.

StormC

Smash Hero
As for Jr., I was never much of a fan of the character and kinda found him to just be Bowser's sidekick and not much more, but his incredibly inventive moveset in Smash 4 + the Koopalings have made me take him in with open arms. In retrospect, I'm not sure why it was so shocking that he uses the Clown Car when he fights with that in at least five games, compared to only using the paintbrush once.

Though the opposite has also happened as I know Bowser Jr. fans who are displeased that the character is moreso the Clown Car than him.

And that's true, there is always Smash 5. I wonder if Sakurai would even bother directing it since he basically was tug along by his shirt collar by Iwata...who sadly is no longer with us...to direct subsequent Smashes. I just hope whoever directs the next Smash is just as good with the series.
Yeah, I don't see Sakurai being involved with the series anymore. Kamiya, perhaps?

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
We just might be!

Why can't we just have Sakurai look over the production of the game instead of actually developing it (he'd kill himself if he did).

Bananija

Count of Trickery
We just might be!

Knowing Sakurai, I would be surprised that he doesn't choose himself the next Smash director, so I wouldn't worry myself about that.
As for Jr., I was never much of a fan of the character and kinda found him to just be Bowser's sidekick and not much more, but his incredibly inventive moveset in Smash 4 + the Koopalings have made me take him in with open arms. In retrospect, I'm not sure why it was so shocking that he uses the Clown Car when he fights with that in at least three games, compared to only using the paintbrush once.

Though the opposite has also happened as I know Bowser Jr. fans who are displeased that the character is moreso the Clown Car than him.
As a Jr fan, I respect your opinion on the character and I'm quite happy that he is the clown car, he gets a more unique moveset, a mech fighter is an awesome concept and he got the koopalings to join the fun, making him even more an allstar and allowing their fan to join the fun. The only thing that bother me about it is steroïd Lemmy, micro Iggy, everyone become Shadow Mario and the fact that some people said "Jr is only in because of the Koopalings."

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Why can't we just have Sakurai look over the production of the game instead of actually developing it (he'd kill himself if he did).
It would be best if Sakurai picked a successor that emulates his style and shows their own talent, with Sakurai acting mostly as a consultant.

StormC

Smash Hero
As a Jr fan, I respect your opinion on the character and I'm quite happy that he is the clown car, he gets a more unique moveset, a mech fighter is an awesome concept and he got the koopalings to join the fun, making him even more an allstar and allowing their fan to join the fun. The only thing that bother me about it is steroïd Lemmy, micro Iggy, everyone become Shadow Mario and the fact that some people said "Jr is only in because of the Koopalings."
TO BRING THIS BACK ON TOPIC, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens with K. Rool.

"K. Rool is irrelevant/ugly/fat/useless!"
K. ROOL KRUSHES THE KOMPETITION!
"Wow, K. Rool looks really fun to play as!"

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
TO BRING THIS BACK ON TOPIC, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens with K. Rool.

Just look at Duck Hunt.

Literally no one asked for this mutt but now not a soul would want to part with him. Once a Smasher, Always a Smasher.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

This is one of the beautiful things about Smash, it helps people to discover new franchise and characters. For exemple, 80% of the Nintendo franchise that I like, I discovered them in Brawl.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Because Link actually left us, the Link we have in the game now is actually Dark Link using magic to fool us into thinking he's the Real Link!

Top Bottom