• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't know why but I feel that K. Rool should return as Kaptain K. Rool for most of the story of DKCR3 being how Tropical Freeze had a lot of DKC2 music. I think it'd be cool seeing him and his kremling kutthroats come ashore on their boats and pirate ship. For boss battles, you'd face him in Kaptain form in maybe the 4th or 3rd world and then for the final showdown you fight him in his King form whereas he still uses his moves and weapons from the first battle but also has a bunch of new tricks to throw at you as well.
I'd like to re-establish the King form and then wait before branching into new costumes, personally.

Not to go off topic from the armor discussion just wanted to share!

My K. Rool Kollection is growing!

Found a little guy on Ebay apparently he was in Kelloggs cereal as a prize back in 97. He's clearly based off the TV show, I got him from France lol.

My goal is to collect all current K. Rool merchandise and of course make some of my own till there's official stuff lol.

View attachment 60377
Nice!

The one on the left, same pose as Smash 4 trophy, did you make that?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Personally, I'd like a hybrid of PAON and Rare designs. I'd take the PAON design as a base but make his belly golden (bring back the armor) and give him back his tail. That would be the perfect design.

I'll take any design that has a tail.

But I'd just be happy with any variation of Rool we get.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Data from recent strawpoll on Reddit (and other places). It was discussed here a little bit ago. Waited until responses started dying off. Posting image here because twitter quality is poor.

SOURCE: http://redd.it/3b5k1j

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Personally, I'd like a hybrid of PAON and Rare designs. I'd take the PAON design as a base but make his belly golden (bring back the armor) and give him back his tail. That would be the perfect design.

I'll take any design that has a tail.

But I'd just be happy with any variation of Rool we get.
That's my perfect design as well. The Paon face is much more expressive than the Rare one so that'd be a plus.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
My perfect K. Rool design is !!!

CONJOINED eyes. Gives him that classic Rare character look.
Big bloodshot eye. Cartoony big.
BIGGER teeth. Adds to the goofiness.
Extremely detailed textures, none of that soft Mario-esque Jungle Climber artwork.
Golden armor belly.
Tail.

Don't mind if he has the bigger cheeks from the Paon design.
Even the smaller crown is not a big deal to me anymore, though I prefer the larger one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Data from recent strawpoll on Reddit (and other places). It was discussed here a little bit ago. Waited until responses started dying off. Posting image here because twitter quality is poor.

Yeah! Kroc the ****ing vote! Keep it up Kutthroats! We're over halfway there!

Did this poll some Japanese sites as well?

Nice to see Isaac still almost keeping up with the King in some places. Maybe his western popularity will win Sakurai over to add him for a DLC slot? I'd like to have all my blonde sword characters in one game, please.

Last edited:

Glad to see the King winning. I don't understand why did they bother to put RWSM, Ridley and Waluigi to the poll, they really don't have any chance to get into Smash 4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Glad to see the King winning. I don't understand why did they bother to put RWSM, Ridley and Waluigi to the poll, they really don't have any chance to get into Smash 4.
Its a joke.

That's pretty cool.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
No way to know how far the straw poll made it. Started on reddit and I saw it on SmashBoards. While it probably made it elsewhere. I doubt (non-English speaking) Japanese were polled. The Japanese text on the image just says something to the effect of "Smash bros DLC Character popularity poll". I added it because we have a sizeable Japanese following on twitter.com/BringBackKRool/ and to connect with any other potential JP fans.

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet

Always awesome to see stuff like this. Makes me feel a tad bit happier, and more confident. There's always a thought in my mind that some character is just beating K Rool. After seeing so many polls of him being either 1,2, or 3. I just feel GREAT!

Always awesome to see stuff like this. Makes me feel a tad bit happier, and more confident. There's always a thought in my mind that some character is just beating K Rool. After seeing so many polls of him being either 1,2, or 3. I just feel GREAT!
We just have to keep the support going.

I had an idea before, what if a Facebook page was made to try and gather even more support for the King? Include a link to the Smash Bros Ballot in the description and post movesets, fan art,etc.

Something to think about if it hasn't been done already.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Okay then, but still don't understand Ridley and Waluigi in that poll. They were popular before their deconfirmations, but they most likely won't get into Smash 4.
They're probably the most popular NPC characters in the game so they would still get lots of votes in a poll.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

>Reckless Wii Remote Safety Man is 4th
*spits out drink*
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
I'M SORRY
I KNOW OUR KING IS #1
BUT FREAKING WRSM
I THOUGHT THAT WAS JUST A JOKE XD

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think I've ever seen this picture posted in this thread before:

Full size here.

Makes me wonder what K. Rool's site art will look like. I'm guessing a standard 3D picture like the Mario characters and Villager.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
>Reckless Wii Remote Safety Man is 4th
*spits out drink*
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
I'M SORRY
I KNOW OUR KING IS #1
BUT FREAKING WRSM
I THOUGHT THAT WAS JUST A JOKE XD
You know things look good for the King when...

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Full size here.

Makes me wonder what K. Rool's site art will look like. I'm guessing a standard 3D picture like the Mario characters and Villager.
I want K. Rool's site art to look just like this; gross and obsolete. I want to see Sakurai's beloved Pit rendered with bad CGI straight out of the early 1990s. It would be a nice homage to not only the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy, but Rare as a whole. Now I'm going to be disappointed when this doesn't happen. Maybe I'll add this idea to a ballot vote out of hope that somebody will listen.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know things look good for the King when...
The only one actually competing with him is Isaac, and even then King K. is a little less than 200 votes ahead
With demand like this, I'll be damned if Sakurai hasn't atleast noticed yet. :4pacman:

StormC

Smash Hero
Like I said, if Sakurai made a note of K. Rool's popularity during Brawl, he's DEFINITELY discussing the character now.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
While we're on the subject, another strawpoll!

What are K. Rool's chances? I doubt anyone here will say he's unlikely, but I'm curious on how likely people say he is. Feel free to share this with whoever you want.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Full size here.

An imitation of this image except with the modern designs would be awesome. Basically like Ryu's art.

:231:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Full size here.

Could someone crop this into an avatar for me?

Top Bottom