• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, this render of King.K.Rool is HAMAZING!:b:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Dark Samus/Metroid Prime?
She's a small drop in the pond when you think of the Metroid series as a whole; with Ridley and Mother Brain beating her out in terms of being the series villain.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The palette swaps look great! ^w^

Nice to have such a professional-looking render to share the love~ <3

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I tried making a blue one. Rather sloppy but just to get an idea of how it can be.
king_k__rool_transparent_by_zesiul-blueandgold.png
king_k__rool_transparent_by_zesiul-blue.png

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Why do people want king k. Rool with golden belly design? I don't like his old design nobody asked for classic bowser design king k. Rool better have his donkey konga design just like how bowser and king dedede and ganondorf have design from their lastest game appearance

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Why do people want king k. Rool with golden belly design? I don't like his old design nobody asked for classic bowser design king k. Rool better have his Mario slugger design just like how bowser and king dedede and ganondorf have design from their lastest game appearance
Remember Sonic and Pac-Man?

(Almost) No one wanted their recent designs.
Most people here have probably come to know K Rool when he had his Golden belly so for them it's a part of K Rool's character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why do people want king k. Rool with golden belly design? I don't like his old design nobody asked for classic bowser design king k. Rool better have his Mario slugger design just like how bowser and king dedede and ganondorf have design from their lastest game appearance
Demise and Manondorf from Hyrule Warriors say hi
Same reason why PacMan fans don't want PacMan's most recent design

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bowser's design has been basically the same since the NES days, what are you on about?

Dedede's Smash design has never been in any Kirby game, so it's not "recent."

Ganondorf's most recent design has Loreal hair, wrong again there.

Wow, really? Those are mine too.
Along with reference to Mardi Gras, are you from the boot?

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Bow down to your King!

Is there no love for the Sluggers outfit? GRANTED I'm sure it was made simply because they didn't want to animate K. Rool's cape, but I'm glad they had him dress up again.

1920's Pharaoh K. Rool

We all know that it is disappointing that K. Rool's last appearance was a Mario spinoff...Where when it comes to his own series Retro seems to want to do their own thing and we get "unique" villains like Lord Fredrik
(not amused)

Do you feel that K. Rool should make the Diddy like leap into Mario spinoff and become semi regular? If so, should he be in only roster stuffer titles (baseball), major ones (Kart), or EVERYTHING? Granted we all want K. Rool to make it in his own series, but should he get that Daisy and Waluigi level of exposure...all while actually being important in his own series?

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Remember Sonic and Pac-Man?

(Almost) No one wanted their recent designs.
Most people here have probably come to know K Rool when he had his Golden belly so for them it's a part of K Rool's character.
But I still prefer his new design the one with golden belly looks weird I didn't see anyone who was very angry about his new design when he was shown in donky konga unlike ghostly adventure and sonic boom wich they did ruin their characters

EDIT: I mean donky konga design not Mario sluggers wich has pants. ugh... What's wrong with me this day :facepalm:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But I still prefer his new design the one with golden belly looks weird I didn't see anyone who was very angry about his new design when he was shown in Mario sluggers unlike ghostly adventure and sonic boom wich they did ruin their characters

EDIT: I mean donky konga design not Mario sluggers wich has pants
Shadow and Knuckles are the only characters who had their characters ruined by Boom as a whole, Sonic was always a snarky ****, Amy has improved according to fans, Eggman is THE reason to watch the show, Metal Sonic is still the same other than longer legs

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
But I still prefer his new design the one with golden belly looks weird I didn't see anyone who was very angry about his new design when he was shown in Mario sluggers unlike ghostly adventure and sonic boom wich they did ruin their characters
Plenty of Sonic fans whine about anything in all honesty
"His arms aren't Blue!" *pepper sprays gamestop employee*
"Sonic doesn't have Green Eyes!" *pepper sprays another employee*

As the lovely girl said only Shadow and Knuckles got ruined in Boom. The new designs just aren't all that popular.

I'd think K Rool fans are more civilised in terms of character design than the majority of Sonic fans. Then again I haven't seen extreme K Rool fans as opposed to Sonic fans.

The Gold Belly just be for nostalgia and some alts really.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Bow down to your King!

Is there no love for the Sluggers outfit? GRANTED I'm sure it was made simply because they didn't want to animate K. Rool's cape, but I'm glad they had him dress up again.

[/URL]
1920's Pharaoh K. Rool
I now want to see a 1920s toon-style K. Rool.

Do you feel that K. Rool should make the Diddy like leap into Mario spinoff and become semi regular? If so, should he be in only roster stuffer titles (baseball), major ones (Kart), or EVERYTHING? Granted we all want K. Rool to make it in his own series, but should he get that Daisy and Waluigi level of exposure...all while actually being important in his own series?
I'd like to see him in Mario Kart. Loudly proclaiming his own greatness and displaying his rippling muscles when popping a wheelie would be amazing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A crocodile has hard scales that act as protection all over them... besides their soft underbelly.

The golden belly was more than just some random design aspect, it was a clever way to remove a glaring weakspot on an anthropomorphic crocodile that stands on two legs. The crown covered his other weak spot, which we all know about.

Besides, it was a central part of his design, if we just keep taking things off of him he may as well be just some crocodile.

We can take off Mario's hat and DK's tie while we're at it.

Yup, born and raised.
And here I thought I was the only person here playing video games, let alone Smash.

:troll:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Plenty of Sonic fans whine about anything in all honesty
"His arms aren't Blue!" *pepper sprays gamestop employee*
"Sonic doesn't have Green Eyes!" *pepper sprays another employee*

As the lovely girl said only Shadow and Knuckles got ruined in Boom. The new designs just aren't all that popular.

I'd think K Rool fans are more civilised in terms of character design than the majority of Sonic fans. Then again I haven't seen extreme K Rool fans as opposed to Sonic fans.

The Gold Belly just be for nostalgia and some alts really.
Can I hope that we can get both DKC and donkey konga design as alt skin so everyone will be happy with the design

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since everyone is doing it, here's my try at K. Rool alts. Some of the inspirations are admittedly odd.

L to R: Klump, Krusha, Kludge, Bazuka, Bowser, Feraligatr, Krookodile

:231:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Since everyone is doing it, here's my try at K. Rool alts. Some of the inspirations are admittedly odd.

That Klump one looks pretty similar to my DK Rool. :troll:

I can't believe it slipped my mind to reference other Kremlings in my alts, guess I was too focused on awesome albino croc.
Back to the Future drawing board.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I really love the Smashified render. It looks really professional. I think it's one of the best, if not the best one yet. I think it even made me like the Paon design a bit more! Excellent work. However, there is something "off" to me about it. Like it looks too "aggressive" or "kaiju". His eyes are too small or something. Doesn't have that "Rare googly eyed" character look.

I have been trying to edit it since yesterday, but everything I've done to try to make it "better" looks worse. I think my ideal K. Rool design would still lean closer to Rare's than Paon's. Paon's face is just so fat and "stout" looking. I think even the enlarged crown looks strange on Paon given the way his head looks now.

Don't get me wrong, I really love it all the same. And I've grown to appreciate the design more, too ! But I do wish we could have a render that captures the Rare design's spirit. I was thinking of persuading Sean Hicks, artist responsible for the other Banjo render [and Yooka & Laylee] to give it a go. It seems he has experience capturing the "Rare googly eyed" look.

If anyone else is interested, maybe try tweeting him and requesting a smashified render from him, too?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
New photo's here I made from paint mode on ssb wii u.

I modified Sheriff K. Rool a bit this time to try to make him more evil looking but still have that fun personality we all love. I replaced the 2 pistols with a shotgun since a lot of the cowboy sheriff's I looked up on google had shotgun's over pistols but heck, he could have both if he were in a boss fight, thought I'd add some Kremling Kowboys with him too.

Sheriff K. Rool and his bandits.jpg

This one I love, Krazy K. Rool, the evil KremKlown!
Krazy K. Rool.jpg

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Tried my own version of King "Krusha" K. Rool. This was one instance where the non-shiny belly actually worked better.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Everyone's just having so much fun with this new Render it makes me wonder what'll happen if he actually gets an official one when he makes his appearance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Everyone's just having so much fun with this new Render it makes me wonder what'll happen if he actually gets an official one when he makes his appearance.
Everyone will be running around like madmen, so we probably won't have time for that. :laugh:

1920's Pharaoh K. Rool
I forgot to comment - this looks really K. Lassic. :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Loving all the color swaps, now I'm just waiting to see people try photoshopping the new render into a character select screen or into a HUD profile at the bottom of the screen, maybe with little stock heads along with it.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Bowser K. Rool? Throwing the detractors a bone I see. :troll:
lol I just noticed that, well Bowser does seem to have a full green color as an alt already in the game that's similiar to K. Rool so I guess K. rool himself is just returning the favor. xD

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

I would play the hell out of the Feraligatr and Krookodile designs. Two of my favorite Pokemon ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom