• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
That's it, my Komrades Kremlings; I have finished my idea of moveset! But first of all, I'd like to apologize any kind of confusion that may occur.. I said I wanted to make in a different way (with better explanation of each move) but we're needing something like that for yesterday. XD... Ah, and really sorry for the bad drawings, they're done in a specific sketch style, but I said I was no artist. =P.. but hope you guys enjoy anyway:

Feel free to ask questions and make sure to share this anywhere you want to show the King's potential! =D.. also, I'm open for feedback. =P
On the final smash, to make it a little more differentiatible(because it feels too close to bowsers clown thing or Eggman's eggmobile), why don't you put him in his Barrel blast barrel(heck have him launch out in it instead of jump, or jump into it)

other than that pretty kool, can't think of anything else at the moment

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
It's a fine start but being the Baron K. Roolenstien super fan I am, I feel as if we NEED to expand on the concept of Electricity. Too often only his Heli-pac is looked upon, but we're missing out on a crucial part of his DKC3's boss battles. It would certainly set him apart from everyone else.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
That's it, my Komrades Kremlings; I have finished my idea of moveset! But first of all, I'd like to apologize any kind of confusion that may occur.. I said I wanted to make in a different way (with better explanation of each move) but we're needing something like that for yesterday. XD... Ah, and really sorry for the bad drawings, they're done in a specific sketch style, but I said I was no artist. =P.. but hope you guys enjoy anyway:

Feel free to ask questions and make sure to share this anywhere you want to show the King's potential! =D.. also, I'm open for feedback. =P
Very good. Very plausible. Personally I'd like him to be using his girth (and his teeth- he's a croc after all) as a fighter when it comes down to it. I sorely miss the original Koopa Claw for that reason. (om nom)

One thing I always considered for a bair was him swinging a snapping Klap-trap (by the tail obviously) at foes.

Edit: Another old one from ages ago. Down throw. He drapes his cape over target Drac-style. (CHOMP!) They're on the floor. I call it "Knosferatu". (Screw you, Robin.)

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Very good. Very plausible. Personally I'd like him to be using his girth (and his teeth- he's a croc after all) as a fighter when it comes down to it. I sorely miss the original Koopa Claw for that reason. (om nom)

One thing I always considered for a bair was him swinging a snapping Klap-trap (by the tail obviously) at foes.
Agree with this 100%! Would love to see his grab Neutral hit be him biting your face.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I'm expecting an announcement of some sort at E3, they wouldn't have done it this long unless they wanted to be able to hype it for the entire length, and what better way than to go ahead and take a suggestion right away so you can do a Mewtwo style initial reveal at E3, with the actual character 4 months out(with another coming sooner probably a vet), and then do another one in August and the final at the end of the poll... or final two, you never know, they may decide to streamline things, or find a few they can do as clones, or salvage from partially completed characters. They are going to make as many as time and funding allows
This is what I expect to. They're going to show Wolf and say he'll be available later in the month, and then they'll either reveal Roy (Like Lucas in the April direct) or K.Rool (Like Mewtwo in the 50 fact Extravaganza)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Sweet moveset @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia . You even included Jungle Climber there, haw.
My only concern is that PAONs K. Rool doesn't appear to have a tail (or a tail too little to appear in photos) so Im not sure if Sakurai will grant him one for the sake of tail swiping. And gotta keep the belly rubbing/pounding to a minimum to leave that characteristic to Dedede.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not sure if anyone knows this, but I thought it was just something cool.
Apparently, Michael Kelbaugh, Head of Retro Studios who make the DKC games nowadays, is following the BringBackKRool campaign on Twitter. Looks like we have a lot of support.

View attachment 46788
Man, seeing Michael Kelbaugh there makes me so hopeful for DKCR3! We have to keep krusading for the King, and he'll make his triumphant return!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
On the final smash, to make it a little more differentiatible(because it feels too close to bowsers clown thing or Eggman's eggmobile), why don't you put him in his Barrel blast barrel(heck have him launch out in it instead of jump, or jump into it)

other than that pretty kool, can't think of anything else at the moment
Oh, could be! .. Actually, I just put the "Kroc Mobile thing" to represent a bit King of Swing.. =P.. from Barrel Blast, I put some reference in one of his taunts.. even though is just the King being convinced of his talents just like in DK64, the specific animation of pointing the finger suggesting he's the number one, was from Barrel Blast. =P (Oh, the other Taunt is indeed from DK64, getting applauses from an invisible crowd. =P).

It's a fine start but being the Baron K. Roolenstien super fan I am, I feel as if we NEED to expand on the concept of Electricity. Too often only his Heli-pac is looked upon, but we're missing out on a crucial part of his DKC3's boss battles. It would certainly set him apart from everyone else.
Well, I tried to put more electric moves that I could ^^".. in DKLIII he even shoots an electric beam.. the "Shocking King" was done with that in mind.. But thanks for the feedback. :)

Edit: Another old one from ages ago. Down throw. He drapes his cape over target Drac-style. (CHOMP!) They're on the floor. I call it "Knosferatu". (Screw you, Robin.)
tried at the max to not put many moves seen in other characters.. =P.. (even though the tail thing in the air was borrowed from Yoshi. shhhh.)..

Is that neutral air the belly flop from Donkey Kong Land? Nice detail.
Yep! .. Thanks for noticing! ^^

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Beautiful moveset!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Sweet moveset @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia . You even included Jungle Climber there, haw.
My only concern is that PAONs K. Rool doesn't appear to have a tail (or a tail too little to appear in photos) so Im not sure if Sakurai will grant him one for the sake of tail swiping. And gotta keep the belly rubbing/pounding to a minimum to leave that characteristic to Dedede.
Yeah, I know about the tail problem that the Paon design suffered.. because of this that I wanted more to put some tail based movements.. to show that the King does have a tail!! XD.. I'm sure they can update his model with this detail for the sake of his movements.
(I actually believe that his lack of tail in his modern design is just laziness in the model production.. since in Barrel Blast he was always sit in his Barrel Jet, and in Super Sluggers he has some kind of pants on. :\/)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Yeah, I know about the tail problem that the Paon design suffered.. because of this that I wanted more to put some tail based movements.. to show that the King does have a tail!! XD.. I'm sure they can update his model with this detail for the sake of his movements.
(I actually believe that his lack of tail in his modern design is just laziness in the model production.. since in Barrel Blast he was always sit in his Barrel Jet, and in Super Sluggers he has some kind of pants on. :\/)
It does make a lot of sense. Now, that is something that Sakurai should feel free to change. Just like he decided that Bowser should retract in his shell like the turtle he is, despite never doing it in his games before. King K. Rool should use his tail and bite like a crocodile would do.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hell, now that I think of it, when I'm done with my promotional drawing for the king, I'll try MY hand at a moveset! Thanks for the inspiration, @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia !

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I'm a big fan of the Final Smash - it's a very cohesive way of blending distinct ideas together with a nice little nod to King of Swing in there.

(Provided of course it wouldn't preclude the possibility of falling cannonballs in the standard moveset, but I see no reason why it should)

Also, K Rool should get to crawl like a crocodile, though with a gut like his that seems difficult.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'm a big fan of the Final Smash - it's a very cohesive way of blending distinct ideas together with a nice little nod to King of Swing in there.

(Provided of course it wouldn't preclude the possibility of falling cannonballs in the standard moveset, but I see no reason why it should)

Also, K Rool should get to crawl like a crocodile, though with a gut like his that seems difficult.
Haha !! Yea but kharacters like Bowser AND Wario can both krawl I believe so maybe it wouldn't be such a stretch to have King K. start Krawling o.O?

Bowser can krawl right..?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

The idea of using just the cannonball rain alone on his Final Smash always was weird to me... would be just weak comparable to other Final Smashes... but it's in fact a obligatory throwback from his first fight against DK!.. So, it's what I got: The cannonballs will fall, and hurt opponents.. but hitting them or not, the Final Smash WILL continue until the end (the cinematics and everything).. but the foe who succeed to dodge the cannonballs and the little earthquake that K. Rool does when he first jumps, will probably find a way to also dodge the laser beam! =)... seems a bit more fair, but also a very powerful attack!

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Haha !! Yea but kharacters like Bowser AND Wario can both krawl I believe so maybe it wouldn't be such a stretch to have King K. start Krawling o.O?

Bowser can, but he's generally not portrayed as as weighty on the front. Dedede is probably a closer comparison in terms of gut. I didn't know Wario could but I don't ever play as him.

The idea of using just the cannonball rain alone on his Final Smash always was weird to me... would be just weak comparable to other Final Smashes... but it's in fact a obligatory throwback from his first fight against DK!.. So, it's what I got: The cannonballs will fall, and hurt opponents.. but hitting them or not, the Final Smash WILL continue until the end (the cinematics and everything).. but the foe who succeed to dodge the cannonballs and the little earthquake that K. Rool does when he first jumps, will probably find a way to also dodge the laser beam! =)... seems a bit more fair, but also a very powerful attack!
Oh, it's definitely an obligatory throwback and I think you've implemented it well. What I meant was that I'd quite like to see it implemented elsewhere as well. For example, I would make the up tilt the uppercut and then make the Up Smash a stomp that causes a cannonball to fall from above. Mostly I want it in somewhere other than the Final Smash because it would be a really cool tool for killing off the top as well as edge guarding.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How does it feel for everyone that their (possibly most wanted) character is the most voted as a newcomer?
Well, its pretty amazing really. Not just that but my second-most wanted also appears to be the most voted Nintendo newcomer (Isaac), so that's really awesome. I'm legitimately excited compared to me being down for a few months (after getting denied both K. Rool and Isaac in Smash, and then even Saria in Hyrule Warriors...)

I mentioned this in the Kutthroats chat myself as well.

People overlook using electricity in his moveset and I think its a shame. Just because he doesn't directly use the electricity to himself. Instead, I feel like he can use it in different ways.

For example, on certain attacks he can switch to electrified gloves and launch opponents. Another idea I liked is if he can drop cannonballs, there could be some sort of move that could electrify the cannonballs lying on the ground for increased knockback.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, it's definitely an obligatory throwback and I think you've implemented it well. What I meant was that I'd quite like to see it implemented elsewhere as well. For example, I would make the up tilt the uppercut and then make the Up Smash a stomp that causes a cannonball to fall from above. Mostly I want it in somewhere other than the Final Smash because it would be a really cool tool for killing off the top as well as edge guarding.
Oh, good idea!.. I didn't think about a single cannonball drop in his Up Smash;.. in this attack, I was looking for his "Jump Attack" from DKC, .. even if is just the same thing when he makes the cannonball rain, they're different pattern of attacks.. But I got what you said, would be actually very nice gameplay wise!

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Hyle from DK Vine here. I just wanted to peak my head out from the lurking shadows and laud everyone here for the amazing work you've done in building recognition for K. Rool. I don't even care about Smash Bros. anymore, but I definitely care about my Kaptain. It's pretty incredible to see K. Rool leading practically every exit poll. Hopefully the actual results match them, and hopefully Sakurai will relent, but at the very least you guys have shown Nintendo that K. Rool and the Kremlings are definitely beloved characters that can't be cast aside because they didn't originate in the halls of EAD.

If there's a victory here, it'll be your victory. As a Donkey Kong Country fanatic, I can't thank you enough.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Hyle from DK Vine here. I just wanted to peak my head out from the lurking shadows and laud everyone here for the amazing work you've done in building recognition for K. Rool. I don't even care about Smash Bros. anymore, but I definitely care about my Kaptain. It's pretty incredible to see K. Rool leading practically every exit poll. Hopefully the actual results match them, and hopefully Sakurai will relent, but at the very least you guys have shown Nintendo that K. Rool and the Kremlings are definitely beloved characters that can't be cast aside because they didn't originate in the halls of EAD.

If there's a victory here, it'll be your victory. As a Donkey Kong Country fanatic, I can't thank you enough.
I believe that since there still ARE true Donkey Kong fans out there like yourself, it makes it easier to appeal to when you have those that want to see a much better amount of recognition given to such a great franchise when the time comes. Doesn't matter who holds the door open or who walks through it. Everyone who supports Donkey Kong, out loud or in secret, is just as reliable to come back and help support it seems. Especially when it comes to that feeling of happiness they had when they first played it. Sometimes people just need a good kick-start and, in my opinion, Bkupa666 has done just that for all of us...more than once!

Thank you just the same!
:)

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia 's moveset is great. The drawings, while simple, really capture the expressiveness of the character. The Final Smash page alone is absolutely hilarious and fantastic fan-service. I like how Sonic is the test dummy for all of the attacks.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Nice! I'd personally stick the side smash in the neutral B slot, swap it around with the Krown, because that way Vacuum and the kannonballs could have some interaction (that, and smash attacks usually don't do utility anyway, it's too much like a special attack). How does Shocking King work? Is it a simple stun, does it create the electric spheres?

Also, maybe the electric spheres could be incorporated into the blunderbuss somehow, since at max you'd probably deploy two spike balls anyway. Why not tesla balls that zap for a short moment and then disappear?

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Since we're on the topic of implementing more K. Roolenstein influences, specifically the electricity, I remembered something similar in another game. In PlayStation All-Stars, Ratchet has one move where he lays down two electrical diodes in a multi-phase attack (I don't know what this is called in the Ratchet games, since I haven't played all of them). After he places them individually, an electrical wire appears between the two, becoming a trap. It's pretty cool because you can have traps of different lengths and angles based on where you place the conductors. It's basically what K. Roolenstein had in his boss battle, but on a smaller scale. Maybe K. Rool could have a move like Ratchet's if he gets into Smash. I doubt we'd see much of anything from DKC3, given Nintendo's track record of completely ignoring that game, but I suppose it's possible.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

If he gets the Golden Belly, I don't think he should be able to crawl, but then again, it's Smash Bros and RL crocodiles almost always crawl.

:231:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If he gets the Golden Belly, I don't think he should be able to crawl, but then again, it's Smash Bros and RL crocodiles almost always crawl.

Definite vote YES for the K. Rool K. Rawl.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Truth time: I don't support King K Rool actively since I'm positive he'll be one of the chosen characters. So it makes me really happy to see him so highly requested.

Also, #GoldBellyBloodshotEye

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Have you seen this already, fellow Krems?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ng_country_villain_k_rool_in_super_smash_bros

I was pretty stoked to see the King getting some back-up from his original creators!

Btw, that drawn moveset sheet looks absolutely fantastic.
The final Smash is absolutely great and I love your F-smash idea.

You actually gave K. Rool Boxing gloves for his jabs, that's a great little detail. Everything just flows together nicely and all of his appearances are present in the moveset. genius!

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

I definitely see where you're coming from and I think I'd like him to be able to crawl... but actually, I don't think he will be able to...
Well, I mean... *cough* Wolf *cough*

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I definitely see where you're coming from and I think I'd like him to be able to crawl... but actually, I don't think he will be able to...
Well, I mean... *cough* Wolf *cough*
Yea he probably wont be able to krawl, but if we get him as a playable fighter, thats all I WANT!!!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ng_country_villain_k_rool_in_super_smash_bros

I was pretty stoked to see the King getting some back-up from his original creators!

You actually gave K. Rool Boxing gloves for his jabs, that's a great little detail. Everything just flows together nicely and all of his appearances are present in the moveset. genius!
Ya that is GREAT STUFF!!! Now, we just need to get Playtonic Games to put up the King K. move-set that @CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 made once he thinks its polished enough. Looks great as is. Really excited to see them toss one up for our King though!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia , stellar moveset! I love how you've managed to incorporate so many subtle details into it without making it feel overcrowded, and the illustrations are adorable.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia 's moveset is great. The drawings, while simple, really capture the expressiveness of the character. The Final Smash page alone is absolutely hilarious and fantastic fan-service. I like how Sonic is the test dummy for all of the attacks.
Hey, hi Pac-Fellow! (or here, we're all Kremlings? XD).. Thanks a lot! Glad you liked the drawings! I made them simple by purpose, but I put on them a lot of effort to express the best of our King! (and yeah,.. Sanic had a hard time =P)

@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia , stellar moveset! I love how you've managed to incorporate so many subtle details into it without making it feel overcrowded, and the illustrations are adorable.
Thanks you very much! ^^ I'm super glad that everyone is enjoying my humble compilation. =)

Nice! I'd personally stick the side smash in the neutral B slot, swap it around with the Krown, because that way Vacuum and the kannonballs could have some interaction (that, and smash attacks usually don't do utility anyway, it's too much like a special attack). How does Shocking King work? Is it a simple stun, does it create the electric spheres?

Also, maybe the electric spheres could be incorporated into the blunderbuss somehow, since at max you'd probably deploy two spike balls anyway. Why not tesla balls that zap for a short moment and then disappear?
Thank you too, Komrade! and thanks for the suggestion and the Kriticism!.. About the thing I did with his Neutral B, was 'cause everyone was saying that the Blunderbuss is way too much previsive to be his Neutral B! =P... so, I put it in his Side Smash (and I know is very uncommon from the natural function in game, but would be a nice gimmick... Actually, nothing too complex, it's like the majority of Side Smashes, with the timing controlling the power of attack, but in this case, just changes the projectile).

And your question on The Shocking King: It moves K. Roll a step forward, and whoever touch the antenna of his remote control is electrocuted, freezing in the same place for some seconds (perfect to link with some other attack). But the range would be very short.

The idea you had about Eletrical Spheres and two spike balls for the Blunderbuss sounds kool for variations of custom moves from the same attacks I planned. =)

Thanks a bunch! ^^

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Amazing!

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
It is pleasing to see the Kingmeister doing so well in these polls.

People have wanted this guy since Melee, maybe even the original Smash, so I really think he should be brought in. Way more than Dixie Kong.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
It is pleasing to see the Kingmeister doing so well in these polls.

People have wanted this guy since Melee, maybe even the original Smash, so I really think he should be brought in. Way more than Dixie Kong.
K.ROOL and DIXIE both deserve it! :p

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
For a final smash, instead of what you have (Although it would probably be easier to program), K'Rool should do his signature Credits Roll. Ya know, where he fakes being defeated and the credits roll temporarily before the fight restarts?

Make a few assist trophies and Pokemon just walk across the screen doing collision damage while credit platforms move up and star KO anyone stuck on them. Make like a bunch or so random pokemon/assist trophies appear while K rool is lying dead and invincible wherever he is and there ya go. fun final smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom