• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Because people like Banjo-Kazooie and generally associate him with Nintendo. Also Microsoft gave the word that they'd be up for it, but I'm not sure how much I trust they'd be fair with the deal.
King K. Rool is technically a RareWare-invented character too.
Microsoft would be up for it because it's free advertising for the new Banjo game they're going to announce at E3. Never in a million years would Nintendo go through with this. For years they wouldn't allow Bionic Commando on the Virtual Console because they didn't want to advertise the remake that was released for 360/PS3 only. Snake was an anomaly because Kojima allegedly begged Sakurai to add him to the game. And to be fair, Konami could release a new Metal Gear for Wii U at any time; they just choose not to.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Did you contact Artsy Omni, by chance, and ask for him to make a King K pic? I did ask awhile ago if he could do one for the King, but never got a response back.
No, but he said he would be designing renders based on popular vote, and the highest two outlying requests are K. Rool and Isaac. Based on hints on his Twitter, Isaac is being designed right now, leaving K. Rool as the next in line.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Because people like Banjo-Kazooie and generally associate him with Nintendo. Also Microsoft gave the word that they'd be up for it, but I'm not sure how much I trust they'd be fair with the deal.
King K. Rool is a RareWare-invented character too.
Except Nintendo always owned the rights to K. Rool as well as all the other DK characters.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
No, but he said he would be designing renders based on popular vote, and the highest two outlying requests are K. Rool and Isaac. Based on hints on his Twitter, Isaac is being designed right now, leaving K. Rool as the next in line.
what are you talking about?? what twitter? and where you see that?

edit : ok just see!

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'd be pretty weird for Meta-Knight to be revealed before Kirby.
I was pointing out the fact that Donkey Kong was nowhere to be found..PERIOD...in the Brawl trailer...oh and neither was Diddy...who was at the time another (just as important to us anyway) Newcomer.

Sakurai just does not care about Donkey Kong. He has not done a single thing to show us he does care about this certain franchise. He is far too invested in making his own stuff look good.

If we get ignored this time while trying to get King K. Rool in this game, like if they simply canNOT see that we want this character, than someone, somewhere, does not want anything to do with King K. Rool or Donkey Kong universe material. It is going to be truly sad if that ends up being the case. I can see it happening more than I can see King K getting in and I have wanted him for so long. The way that we have been shafted so many times and for so long just pushes me forcefully to believe that we have no control, which is 100% true...we don't sadly.

BUT

I hope this poll that Nintendo has us participating in is, in fact, THAT *control* that it has felt like we have NEVER had as fans, because you all know that King K. Rools popularity is going to stay this strong and only get better, ESPECIALLY around the time of DK 64 coming to the VC later this year! We all know how dedicated each of us is to this character. All we want to see now is if Nintendo actually does give a **** or not...and....ugh...I hope they do.....this time..

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Wow, thats crazy!!!! CAN'T WAIT to see the King in Artsy Omni's mind!!!

StormC

Smash Hero
Since we're talking about his theoretical Smash design: what shade of green would you guys like to see? Darker or lighter?

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Where did you come up with that conclusion, I have not seen a tweet that suggests Isaac, all I saw was his announcement that some Smashi-fied news was coming.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why does a Microsoft character have 19.57% of the vote? Soon people are going to be voting for Nathan Drake and Kratos.
It's Banjo; even people like me who hate Microsoft have to have a softspot for Banjo, because he's the whole reason I hate Microsoft in the first place, and to see him again would be magical. I can't fault people for hoping.

However, look at the other results on the poll; Ghirahim (an AT), Snake, Shovel Knight (No Japanese release), Bayonetta, and that's really all that's blocking K. Rool even on this one. Isaac remains the king's real only competition, at least according to these polls.

Since we're talking about his theoretical Smash design: what shade of green would you guys like to see? Darker or lighter?
Darker, with the gold belly. Pretty much N3ON's model for him that @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool is using as an avatar. That thing just is K. Rool to me.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'd prefer whatever is closest to his original design from the SNES.
I LOVE this design a lot to be honest.

StormC

Smash Hero
My only concern with the Rare design is that his head is too small to carry the crown. Understandably he's a cartoon crocodile, but it can seem a little jarring.

PAON's answer was to shrink his crown, though I missed his big protruding snout and teeth.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My only concern with the Rare design is that his head is too small to carry the crown. Understandably he's a cartoon crocodile, but it can seem a little jarring.

PAON's answer was to shrink his crown, though I missed his big gaping snout and teeth.
Nah, I absolutely loved the way his overly tall crown looked on his tiny croc head. I think that charming design was one of the things I like so much about him. The PAON design just seems so lacking in comparison.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Personally I think K.Rools demand may have influenced a bit more than we realize earlier than we realize.

DK64 coming to the Eshop and it's coming early on too, is a fine indicator that Nintendo is seeing the popularity of the DK franchises classic roots. Everyone for the longest time was wondering why we haven't seen a re release and now we can put any fears of not seeing a resurface to rest. I don't think it's too far out of the question to see K.Rool announced at E3 because it's entirely possible Nintendo is already working on him. I mean it's certainly reasonable to believe they already had him planned for DLC. The ballot would naturally help reinforce their decision to finish him faster perhaps.

StormC

Smash Hero
If K. Rool was announced at E3 I'd probably cry. I'm trying to not think of that possibility to prevent disappointment.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Where did you come up with that conclusion, I have not seen a tweet that suggests Isaac, all I saw was his announcement that some Smashi-fied news was coming.
He posted a hint that he feels he's getting better at drawing hands, and it (appears) that the two top characters right now are K. Rool and Isaac. Here's the thing; yeah, "hands" could be anyone, but Golden Sun SPECIFICALLY has a thing for hands due to psynergy. Psynergy is basically like telekinesis, but they use different types of hands to represent that something is being moved, grabbed, or lifted with psynergy.

The "hands" comment could in theory mean anything... but honestly, the hint, based on what we have seen, really does hint at Isaac more than anything. Similarly, his first hint heavily implied Shovel Knight, and Shovel Knight was a popularly suggested character, too.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I like my crocodiles the same way I like my men chocolate.

It's Banjo; even people like me who hate Microsoft have to have a softspot for Banjo, because he's the whole reason I hate Microsoft in the first place, and to see him again would be magical. I can't fault people for hoping.
I've been praying for Nintendo to buy the Banjo IP every day since September 24th, 2002. I'm afraid hope isn't enough for me anymore. Rare is literally my favorite developer in the industry, and seeing Banjo fight alongside Mario and Donkey Kong would be like a dream come true. However, I don't want people to get their hopes up. K. Rool has a legitimate shot at this and people are throwing their votes away for a character who is owned by one of Nintendo's direct competitors. It's frustrating.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Personally I think K.Rools demand may have influenced a bit more than we realize earlier than we realize.

DK64 coming to the Eshop and it's coming early on too, is a fine indicator that Nintendo is seeing the popularity of the DK franchises classic roots. Everyone for the longest time was wondering why we haven't seen a re release and now we can put any fears of not seeing a resurface to rest. I don't think it's too far out of the question to see K.Rool announced at E3 because it's entirely possible Nintendo is already working on him. I mean it's certainly reasonable to believe they already had him planned for DLC. The ballot would naturally help reinforce their decision to finish him faster perhaps.
While I'm definitely not gonna assume they already have him planned, it's certainly been a refreshing change of pace to have them giving DKC so much attention on the VC. Us finally getting the Land trilogy, and even DK64 of all things! I remember calling NoA and demanding to know why DKC 1-3 wasn't on the Wii virtual console anymore, only to get a confused "Huh? That's werid. Those are some classic games right there."

And then silence! But being a DKC fan has never felt better in the past month. And now we have a chance to really fight for the king!

I like my crocodiles the same way I like my men chocolate.

I've been praying for Nintendo to buy the Banjo IP every day since September 24th, 2002. I'm afraid hope isn't enough for me anymore. Rare is literally my favorite developer in the industry, and seeing Banjo fight alongside Mario and Donkey Kong would be like a dream come true. However, I don't want people to get their hopes up. K. Rool has a legitimate shot at this and people are throwing their votes away for a character who is owned by one of Nintendo's direct competitors. It's frustrating.
The way I see it, at least those votes aren't going to someone that isn't Banjo or K. Rool? I mean, I certainly would prefer Nintendo buy the Rare IP so I didn't have to support the company that put them in this terrible position in the first place (them being B&K), but I'd probably sob tears of uncontrollable joy if they were in Smash.

All the same, I think even if they're ignored, it's just more votes not in K. Rool's way I guess.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

I didn't play MUCH dk64 as a kid but did play some, and am picking it up on the e-shop ON THE 15th to get that full DK64 experience : ) I'm pretty hyped.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I didn't play MUCH dk64 as a kid but did play some, and am picking it up on the e-shop ON THE 15th to get that full DK64 experience : ) I'm pretty hyped.
Ya...I wish I could erase having already experienced such a great game from my mind, only to replay it again and be amazed at how much I love the charm of the environments, characters, music, and just overall artstyle!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh, and I really hope K. Rool gets his tail back. I doubt it, but it would be nice. Have it drag along the ground like DK64.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ya...I wish I could erase having already experienced such a great game from my mind, only to replay it again and be amazed at how much I love the charm of the environments, characters, music, and just overall artstyle!
I'd buy DK64 on the Wii U E-Shop too, if I did'nt already own it for my actual N64 console as well as almost every other top game that came out for it. Hope they rerelease F-Zero X though since that's the only one I never got to play.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm definitely getting DK64 right away. I'm planning on getting Paper Mario and Yoshi's Island DS eventually, but DK64? Day one buy. The others I'll wait on because I have expenses, DK64 will be the only exception. (Granted, my expenses are due by the 16th anyway... :p)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He talked about making coy references to his current projects in his various tweets, then put out a tweet talking about how difficult it is to draw "hands." Very possibly alluding to Isaac's trademark attack (in doing a Twitter search on the hashtag, he and Rool had roughly the same number of votes).

Along those same lines, I wonder if the Kremling Kampaign's tweets to Sakurai multiple times each day played any role in getting him to agree to a fan poll where those requests would be sent instead. We were probably among the more persistent fans in that regard.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
K.Rool without a tail looks like a pea.

I like peas.
I'll bet you like poo poo platters too lol jk

Really though, I hope he has a tail again, doesn't make sense for him not to while his henchmen still do.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I would cry tears of joy if Rayman and K. Rool were announced as DLC.
That would make Smash 4 my favorite game of all time.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
He talked about making coy references to his current projects in his various tweets, then put out a tweet talking about how difficult it is to draw "hands." Very possibly alluding to Isaac's trademark attack (in doing a Twitter search on the hashtag, he and Rool had roughly the same number of votes).

Along those same lines, I wonder if the Kremling Kampaign's tweets to Sakurai multiple times each day played any role in getting him to agree to a fan poll where those requests would be sent instead. We were probably among the more persistent fans in that regard.
Oh I'm sure the Kremling Kampaign had a lot to do with it! Your good works probably have helped ALOT @ BKupa666 BKupa666 ! I'm sure seeing it on his twitter a lot showed him there's characters fans want badly and deserve like Mewtwo. If fan demand got Mewtwo and Lucas back why not get K.Rool in. This ballot could very well be a product of the Kremling Kampaign

StormC

Smash Hero
Realize that Sakurai is actively ignoring the fans.

I'd be extremely disappointed by life would go on, I guess. It would at least give him publicity.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
If K. Rool doesn't get in this time than the ballot was a fraud and Sakurai already knew who he was putting in as DLC. That and Sakurai is a jerk.

Unlike Ridley, there is NOTHING holding King K. Rool back.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'd hope to see K.Rool elsewhere like in a future DKC game, I'd hope that atleast Nintendo sees that he's popular enough to warrant a return

And then pray he's in Smash 5

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
I still don't like to just "assume" we're winning even though K. Rool's chances of frontrunning the votes is extremely high. There's still millions of gamers out there who don't even bother with forums or consulting with anyone from the internet. we have no clue as to how the official poll is actually going through. I would be severely disappointed if K. rool didn't make it and would just look forward to him towards the next smash (if ever). I foresee large rants if K. Rool doesn't make it but it'll eventually be a thing of the past. Just look forward to what's best for one of the greatest villains of all time.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nah, definitely not going to assume we're winning, I'd just get disappointed if it turned out we weren't. It's just nice to see everything look so promising.

We're doing a good job proving the want for one of the only major Nintendo characters left out of Smash. (Seriously my cousin and I were sitting there going "Aside from Isaac, who's actually viable that doesn't already have an important role in Sm4sh?"

Other than Wolf and the other vets we couldn't come up with much. But there's always room for surprises. Never assume, is basically what I'm on about.

We should keep fighting the good fight to see K. Rool join the battle though, it's probably the one thing that could get me to follow competitive Sm4sh.

StormC

Smash Hero
I would see casual fans mostly voting for a bunch of random characters and nothing organized. K. Rool is on such a higher level of notability than the rest of the potential newcomers it isn't even funny.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's true that honestly casual gamers are going to just randomly vote for whoever "sounds cool", if they even bother to vote.

The true results are gonna come from dedicated fans who give a ****, because that's where the organization is.

Stuff like "3rd or 4th party" won't be something casuals will think about. Looking at the Facebook pages of various sites asking "who'd you vote for?" And seeing Scorpion, Master Chief, etc. is telling.

Top Bottom