• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
His appearance in Super Sluggers proves how Namco Bandai knows and actually cares (at least a little) about K. Rool which is better than nothing. Maybe they realize how important he is to a lot of people and will rightfully put him in as DLC (I can dream). :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
His appearance in Super Sluggers proves how Namco Bandai knows and actually cares (at least a little) about K. Rool which is better than nothing. Maybe they realize how important he is to a lot of people and will rightfully put him in as DLC (I can dream). :p
Funny thing is, K. Rool's role in that game was pretty crappy. He joins DK's team, even though he hates the Kongs. At least they do give him bad mojo with DK's crew. :p

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Funny thing is, K. Rool's role in that game was pretty crappy. He joins DK's team, even though he hates the Kongs. At least they do give him bad mojo with DK's crew. :p
Him and his Krew were some of the best in Sluggers, though. Seems like every other hit out of those guys went out of the park.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I heard that K. Rool sucked in that game. Maybe I heard wrong? :p
He's slow, which makes it hard to get to the bases, but he can hit practically guaranteed home-runs. I'm pretty sure his strength is the highest in the game, tied with Petey Piranha.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I heard that K. Rool sucked in that game. Maybe I heard wrong? :p
His speed and fielding ability were laughable, but who needs to run the bases fast when you get home runs every hit? His pitching ability was nothing to sneeze at either.

I played Sluggers quite a lot, actually. K. Rool was always the star of my team.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If only that game came to PAL regions... :ohwell: (Please correct me if it did and I wasn't aware of it)

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm sure they would. Unfortunately, Sakurai is known for micromanaging everything regarding the development of his games. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided on the entire roster by himself.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
One day...maybe one day. Right now I'm just hoping to see the DKC games make it across the Atlantic again, and to see the Kremlings return in a modern DKC game. Please!

As for the second point, it's honestly beyond personal for me. I want to see Microsoft's gaming industry suffer so much, and you all know exactly why. Everything they do is not only a constant reminder that they took my favorite childhood company from me, along with my still favorite game series. And even outside of Rare, they consistently **** on the gaming industry with their All-in-One entertainment ****fest, and act like they're kings of the ****ing gaming industry.

Crash and burn, you mother****ers. I'm not sorry.

Gaming is serious goddamn business.

Oh, and then being buddy-buddy with EA doesn't help either. I hate them too.
I know this may be a late reply, but I'd like to see the same thing happen to Microsoft, I would love to see the faces of the CEO and higher ups their, granted I would give them an evil eye and call them all sorts of nasty names every time I see them walk the streets on their way to their next job (what, can't I be vindictive

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I used to have the same thought process against M$, but Spencer seems cool. He kind of gives me hope for RARE's future. I still want to see Banjo in Smash, though (which will be never).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
FYI, @ StormC StormC , that K. Rool sprite in your signature would be a close to perfect redesign for the guy. Maybe with less-pronounced thighs and a longer snout, but pretty much everything else carried over.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"I don't deem this role to be notable, therefore I'm qualified to judge what the gaming population does and does not find notable."

Come on, if people are going to come into this thread and troll K. Rool fans, they should at least put effort into it so his fanbase can sprout skyward, like what happened to Ridley's.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"I don't deem this role to be notable, therefore I'm qualified to judge what the gaming population does and does not find notable."

Come on, if people are going to come into this thread and troll K. Rool fans, they should at least put effort into it so his fanbase can sprout skyward, like what happened to Ridley's.
There's people coming into the thread to troll? Did I miss something? A lot of fans have been jumping back and forth mocking detractor arguments we heard in the past, but I haven't seen anyone legitimately trolling K. Rool. Unless its that idiot again that I blocked a long time ago.

I actually think that Mario Super Sluggers was one of K. Rool's MOST notable appearances, its the first time our Kremling King ever crossed over into a Mario game.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
There's people coming into the thread to troll? Did I miss something? A lot of fans have been jumping back and forth mocking detractor arguments we heard in the past, but I haven't seen anyone legitimately trolling K. Rool. Unless its that idiot again that I blocked a long time ago.

I actually think that Mario Super Sluggers was one of K. Rool's MOST notable appearances, its the first time our Kremling King ever crossed over into a Mario game.
If K. Rool doesn't get in as DLC, tell Namco Bandai to make another Mario baseball game ASAP. K. Rool would finally be in another game!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
That reminds me: Would King K. Rool need a new character model for his playable version, just like with Mewtwo? (I imagine he would, since they can incorporate many elements from K. Rool's appearances like his Kaptain and Baron personas)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Finally got Tropical Freeze today, and wow. Retro really knocked a homerun with this one. The Snowmads are a HUGE improvement over the Tikis (Not as good as the Kremlings, but c'est la vie), David Wise's music is top-notch, the extra Kongs add different options for getting through stages, the pulling mechanic is far better than the stupid blowing thing, and the level design has so far been even better than Returns. It's not an exaggeration to say that this is the best game on the Wii U. I'd consider it almost perfect if the Kremlings had shown up.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That reminds me: Would King K. Rool need a new character model for his playable version, just like with Mewtwo? (I imagine he would, since they can incorporate many elements from K. Rool's appearances like his Kaptain and Baron personas)
Yes, definitely. They have to design the model specifically to work as a playable character.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I don't have a Wii U yet, but I would get one just for Tropical Freeze. There aren't many places where I'm at that have any or little of Wii U's in stock. Hopeful to get one soon.

Been listening to some of Tropical Freeze's soundtrack and hot damn it is so awesome.

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
If they choose a model, I would prefer the one from DK64. Mostly because in this version he actually has an realistic tail. In the other versions he either has a very short tail like in DKC1, or non like in the tv show and in his new model from Paon.

As a crocodile/alligator he needs a long tail. With out it he looks more like an oversized frog. Just like Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2..

Last edited:

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
(not that Twilight Princess is a bad game, it's just it's not an exceptional one, and it's not the second coming of Christ like it was hyped to be)
I don't understand why people hate tp so much, maybe if you play it on the gamecube it would change your opinion about it

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't understand why people hate tp so much, maybe if you play it on the gamecube it would change your opinion about it
Even on the Gamecube, in general, it was considered to be a WAY overhyped game. That's why they took a lot longer to announce Skyward Sword, and they're being very secretive about Zelda Wii U. Yes, Twilight Princess was an amazing game; however, it was also way overhyped and it was announced far too early. Skyward Sword is often considered a lot worse, although I frankly loved it as well (except the graphics).

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
Even on the Gamecube, in general, it was considered to be a WAY overhyped game. That's why they took a lot longer to announce Skyward Sword, and they're being very secretive about Zelda Wii U. Yes, Twilight Princess was an amazing game; however, it was also way overhyped and it was announced far too early. Skyward Sword is often considered a lot worse, although I frankly loved it as well (except the graphics).
I think all the zelda games are masterpieces, people can't decide which one is the best and the worst :p

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Oh but I can. Majora's Mask tops them all. However I will admit All Zelda games are practically masterpieces, but this isn't the place to discuss that. I think 8 unique kostumes for K. Roll should be implemented, and thus far we have about 6 to choose from. Perhaps the rumored Diddy Kong Racing 2 game would introduce a new kostume, a long with a unique smash 4 kostume. I predict it'll be viking like, to reference Fredrik.

Last edited:

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'd like it more if there were four costumes, eaching having the default and an alternate color. Sort of like this:
- King outfit
- King outfit (Dark grey skin, blue belly, and white cape, reminiscent of Lord Fredrik)
- Kaptain outfit
- Kaptain outfit (Dull pink skin and gray coat, reminiscent of Kannon)
- Baron outfit
- Baron outfit (Lighter green skin, dark green coat. Resembles a Kopter)
- Boxer outfit
- Boxer outfit (Blue skin and black pants, resembling Kasplat)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Actually, I'd like it more if there were four costumes, eaching having the default and an alternate color. Sort of like this:
- King outfit
- King outfit (Dark grey skin, blue belly, and white cape, reminiscent of Lord Fredrik)
- Kaptain outfit
- Kaptain outfit (Dull pink skin and gray coat, reminiscent of Kannon)
- Baron outfit
- Baron outfit (Lighter green skin, dark green coat. Resembles a Kopter)
- Boxer outfit
- Boxer outfit (Blue skin and black pants, resembling Kasplat)
I'd just go the Little Mac route: 16 alts, four for each persona.

Though I'm kinda indifferent about Krusha getting its own outfit; I always saw the coats in the Kaptain and Baron outfits having the same properties as the cape.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool's 8 Outfits:

- King K. Rool
- Kaptain K. Rool
- Baron K. Roolenstein
- King Krusha Rool
- Pilot Outfit (cancelled Diddy Kong Pilot)
- Pharaoh Outfit (Super Mario Sluggers)
- Kahuna K. Rool (Tiki Reference)
- Olaf K. Rool (Snomad Reference)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, I've been playing DKL, and I must say, that I am thoroughly enjoying it. It is insanely different from DKC.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Finally got Tropical Freeze today, and wow. Retro really knocked a homerun with this one. The Snowmads are a HUGE improvement over the Tikis (Not as good as the Kremlings, but c'est la vie), David Wise's music is top-notch, the extra Kongs add different options for getting through stages, the pulling mechanic is far better than the stupid blowing thing, and the level design has so far been even better than Returns. It's not an exaggeration to say that this is the best game on the Wii U. I'd consider it almost perfect if the Kremlings had shown up.
Tropical Freeze trounces Returns in that it takes more risks with its concepts (level inside a tornado, hot air balloon level, grassland festival, popsicle factory) and hits bulls-eyes with the vast majority of them, whereas Returns plays it safe with relatively run-of-the-mill levels for each archetype.

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
Just a reminder friends that a Nintendo Direct is coming tomorrow evening. If anything, we're going to get Duck Hunt's trailer but you never know what else we might get... very unlikely a DLC announcement for K.Rool but hey, at this point, anything is possible.
#RaisingExpectationsSoTheyCanBeCrushedLater

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeah, I think we are getting a Duck Hunt reveal trailer. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Top Bottom