• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Aside from that, I still root for the King! Long live the King, and may he be able to join the Smash Bros!
Will the Kutthroats list still be updated? Yes? Great! Because I totally want to see my name on it!
DLK for Smash! (Get it? GET IT!?! :D)
(I also drew something for King K. Rool on deviantART, but I can't post links... :/ )
Here, have an initiation video!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm happy to pledge my allegiance to the King K. Rool Support Thread. The King needs as many voices he can get, and I'd be happy to be one of the most dedicated support groups on SmashBoards.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm happy to pledge my allegiance to the King K. Rool Support Thread. The King needs as many voices he can get, and I'd be happy to be one of the most dedicated support groups on SmashBoards.
Yay! More people!
I can do this all day.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Feels good to be back! Lets push on!

The King's ship WILL come in!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hoping the Kremling Kampaign has been going smoothly! By the way @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , have you thought of making a Facebook page for the Kampaign? I believe you can link an FB account with Twitter so that any tweets are sent and update your FB page. Would come in handy to run both at the same time, only having to really post on the Kampaign's Twitter account.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I hope we get a DK dlc pack with the 3 best characters to represent such a wonderful franchise as DK: Our king, dixie and probably the most important one, the fighter that smash bros needs to become the best fighting game ever created
Dr. Kong

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Never did get around to trying my own hand at a K. Rool moveset despite what I said a few times.

Now that the game's out and DLC is a strong possibility I think I'm really going to have to make some time to do one, or at least the specials and custom moves.

For when we get a whole surge of new members, all at once.
If only there was an extended version of K. Rool's Finest Hour...

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
Never did get around to trying my own hand at a K. Rool moveset despite what I said a few times.

Now that the game's out and DLC is a strong possibility I think I'm really going to have to make some time to do one, or at least the specials and custom moves.

If only there was an extended version of K. Rool's Finest Hour...
I am thinking of making the custom moves of @ BKupa666 BKupa666 's K. Rool moveset and I thought it was well thought out and I might post the custom moves here.

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
I recommend you check @ BKupa666 BKupa666 's moveset because that's what inspired me to make my custom moves from that.
Neutral B/Default-Kannonball
K. Rool shoots out a Kannonball and deals minor damage in the air.When it's out in the air for long enough, it becomes a spiky painful trap and lasts roughly the time of a banana peel.
Neutral B 2-Fiery Kannonball
At the expense of no spikes, the Kannonball K. Rool shoots gets engulfed in flames,deals flame damage and flies faster.
Neutral B 3-Giant Kannonball
This time the expense of no spikes and can't fly fast, this Kannonball is massive and deals major damage like a spiked kannonball.
Neutral B 4-Piercing Kannonball
The expense is that it's small but this kannonball pierces oppenents and flies more faster than the flamed kannonball.
More to add later.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Baron. Nice to see you haven't given up on the fight.

Lemme just say that I've been a K. Rool supporter since 2007, but it wasn't as widespread as it is now. I've also been a DK fan for a while now, and can call myself that at long last. Brawl got my expectations sky high with its hype and character potential. Needless to say it fell flat. I don't think K. Rool was too far out but I was devastated. We got Diddy but more was needed. Seeing K. Rool in Mario Super Sluggers made me join the DKU(Big up to the Viners here).

Now, with Smash For announced, K. Rool was in my top ten, but I was skeptical. Finally, the game is revealed and I was vocal about the King's inclusion. But I should have known things were looking bleak not for K. Rool but DK in general when Little Mac was shown and not Dixie back in February. It only escalated when we saw more characters but the final nail in the coffin was seeing the Fire Emblem trailer. Four characters from a series(Five with Roy)that supposedly was outsold by DKC1 alone(I'm not sure, can't find a search on the sales of the series in general), and the DK series alone gets crumbs with sales tenfold that of Fire Emblem in general. I thought this meant we'd get at least Dixie but of course I was right, and I wanted to eat my words.

The Kid Icarus bias was another sore thumb. We get Black Pit but not even Dixie? I gave up completely. Throughout the wait I was lurking this thread and smiling seeing all of the support for the Kremling King and had that slither of hope. It really sucks to see DK get neglected and people outside of the series see it too. But of course the fools who don't care about DK call us entitled and whiny while brown-nosing Sakurai every chance they get. Now with DLC, there's a small chance of K. Rool coming to us and making me more enticed to purchase the game(Pac-Man is the one thing that's keeping me from writing it off altogether), but with Mewtwo taking so long to develop and understandably so, I don't expect anyone else, save for easy clones and even then.

But nonetheless, I've been in the King's Korner for ages now and seeing this door open again, I'm going to stand by my kin until the very end. Sign me up for the Kuttthroats!

Heroes of the Revolution.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Hey, Baron. Nice to see you haven't given up on the fight.

Lemme just say that I've been a K. Rool supporter since 2007, but it wasn't as widespread as it is now. I've also been a DK fan for a while now, and can call myself that at long last. Brawl got my expectations sky high with its hype and character potential. Needless to say it fell flat. I don't think K. Rool was too far out but I was devastated. We got Diddy but more was needed. Seeing K. Rool in Mario Super Sluggers made me join the DKU(Big up to the Viners here).

Now, with Smash For announced, K. Rool was in my top ten, but I was skeptical. Finally, the game is revealed and I was vocal about the King's inclusion. But I should have known things were looking bleak not for K. Rool but DK in general when Little Mac was shown and not Dixie back in February. It only escalated when we saw more characters but the final nail in the coffin was seeing the Fire Emblem trailer. Four characters from a series(Five with Roy)that supposedly was outsold by DKC1 alone(I'm not sure, can't find a search on the sales of the series in general), and the DK series alone gets crumbs with sales tenfold that of Fire Emblem in general. I thought this meant we'd get at least Dixie but of course I was right, and I wanted to eat my words.

The Kid Icarus bias was another sore thumb. We get Black Pit but not even Dixie? I gave up completely. Throughout the wait I was lurking this thread and smiling seeing all of the support for the Kremling King and had that slither of hope. It really sucks to see DK get neglected and people outside of the series see it too. But of course the fools who don't care about DK call us entitled and whiny while brown-nosing Sakurai every chance they get. Now with DLC, there's a small chance of K. Rool coming to us and making me more enticed to purchase the game(Pac-Man is the one thing that's keeping me from writing it off altogether), but with Mewtwo taking so long to develop and understandably so, I don't expect anyone else, save for easy clones and even then.

But nonetheless, I've been in the King's Korner for ages now and seeing this door open again, I'm going to stand by my kin until the very end. Sign me up for the Kuttthroats!

Heroes of the Revolution.
Welkome to the galleon new Kutthroat! Also, welkome to SmashBoards! Hope you enjoy it here.
Feels great to do this again here in the main thread!

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I've officially acknowledged my support of this character. I suppose better late than never. :113:

Wouldn't it be grand if K Rool's reveal trailer ended up being a musical number? :088:

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So I'm finally playing DKC 3....it's pretty good but I'm just not finding myself immersed into the game like I was for DKC 1&2. I just REALLY dislike the art style for the enemies. I'll keep going, I've only gotten through 2 bosses.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hoping the Kremling Kampaign has been going smoothly! By the way @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , have you thought of making a Facebook page for the Kampaign? I believe you can link an FB account with Twitter so that any tweets are sent and update your FB page. Would come in handy to run both at the same time, only having to really post on the Kampaign's Twitter account.
I'd be open to starting one, but I'm curious whether or not anyone else would be onboard with it, just since, you know, it would involve using actual real-life profiles, and some people might be a bit shy or skeptical about doing so.

What do you all think? Would you be receptive to a Kremling Kampaign Facebook group?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh hey Kutthroats!

Good to see things are going well with the Kampaign. Hopefully we see some results!

Now if I could just get the Snake twitter to the same amount of followers you guys have...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Best Kase Scenario: K. Rool is DLC alongside Mewtwo in Spring 2015, has his classic Rare design, and his voice from the cartoon.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Best Kase Scenario: K. Rool is DLC alongside Mewtwo in Spring 2015, has his classic Rare design, and his voice from the cartoon.
If that happens I'd forgive the Kid Icarus bias and the lack of DK content. Because that would be amazing.

That said, it's extremely doubtful. And honestly, I'd prefer the Darth Vader-esque voice he had in DK64...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
What I'd really like to see (aside from Ivysaur and Lucas DLC) is a downloadable DK pack featuring a stage (Sunset Shore, which I CLEARLY enjoy) and two characters, Dixie and K. Rool. Maybe a coconut gun item, to fire in spurts. If it shoots ya, its GUNna hurt. And like a Lanky Assist Trophy . Done, everyone's happy with DK representation for like three SSB games. Know what I'm saying?

If that happens I'd forgive the Kid Icarus bias and the lack of DK content. Because that would be amazing.

That said, it's extremely doubtful. And honestly, I'd prefer the Darth Vader-esque voice he had in DK64...
i like all the dk voices,but his 64 voice is most likely the one they would choose,but if k rool were to ever talk they should use the cartoon voice.

personally i like his "ugh!' noise he makes when you jump on him in dkc 1

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... I want to admit something... I think that K. Rool's Paon design would actually fit better in the DKCR series than his original design... Although I do want the tail back, his Paon design has more color, and it's more cartoony, like the DKCR series. Does anyone agree?

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I'd be open to starting one, but I'm curious whether or not anyone else would be onboard with it, just since, you know, it would involve using actual real-life profiles, and some people might be a bit shy or skeptical about doing so.

What do you all think? Would you be receptive to a Kremling Kampaign Facebook group?
Well, I'm not a facebook user, I'm rather very careful on who I choose to reveal my identity to. So I don't visit social network sites like facebook.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm against FaceBook. If anything, the only social things I have on the internet are Twitter, Miiverse and SmashBoards. Those are pretty much all I need.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Is "One of Us" the recurring joke for all new supporters? Because I have been a K. Rool fan for a while, just not active on this board before.

If K. Rool becomes DLC, that leaves only one character I really want who has yet to be playable. So far, I have 5 out of 7 of my character requests (Mega Man, Palutena, Robin, Shulk, Mewtwo). Considering how many people had all of theirs snubbed... that's pretty incredible.

I should probably also update my sig when I stop being lazy :p

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see a sample K. Rool hack (maybe the one @TCRhade made?) using voice samples from the cartoon, just to see how it would work.
Its him, I have done some research and I have an account on Brawl Vault and have spoken with this person about the mod and the person replied with saying:
"Yes, of course! Most of the time, I finish what I start.
"

And I've looked over the Brawl Vault profile and his vault of hacks ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=6988&Moderated=All ) and the Smashboards member you tagged and somethings match up.

Smash 4 main is Bowser.
A wanted newcomer by this person is Lip (Person I've searched up on Brawl Vault has recently done a Lip hack)
Has reworked on a Tabuu hack recently (as in this year to the very least) and says on his Smashboards account, "Revamping my Tabuu mod."
This person's age on both accounts are exactly the same.
And the location that is consistent on both accounts is "Canada".
And this person's email is the same on both accounts.

It is him, after doing some quick research.

I'd also like to know how K. Rool with the cartoon voice clips would sound also, should I PM him this on Brawl Vault since he's been there recently? Or maybe ask him to appear on Smashboards so you guys can ask him some questions about the progression of his PSA?

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
...It seems that I stumbled into some unknown territory on SmashBoards. Hello! It's been awhile since I've entered a speculative character page, mainly because I didn't think there was any point to it with the entirety of the 3DS version's roster unlocked after a matter of days. However, Mewtwo would later on tell me otherwise.

Anyways, I always thought that K. Rool was a significant Donkey Kong character, and there's something conceptually awesome about having a crocodile on the roster. However, I can't ignore the fact that the Kremling King has been absent from the DK series for awhile. I honestly do not think it is likely he will appear in this installment as DLC like Mewtwo, but who knows? I could be wrong. I'd be great if I was. And if Retro Studios produces a third DKC game that features the return of the Kremling Krew, I'd definitely consider King K. Rool a likely candidate for SSB5 in the future.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've written my letter to Nintendo of America advocating for K. Rool, and will be sending it off tomorrow.

Here's the text:

Dear Nintendo of America,

I have been an avid fan of the Donkey Kong Country series since I was 6, and of the Smash Bros. series since I was ten. Over a decade later, I'm still adoring the series, but for years now, I've had one question ringing in my mind: where is DK's main villain, K. Rool? As a fellow artist, I completely understand the need to innovate from past games, as well as the desire to stand out from their previous developers. I'm writing to request that my all-time favorite game character be made a part of these innovations and developments, rather than a casualty of them.

In particular, Retro's new DKC games and Namco Bandai's new Smash games offer brilliant opportunities to showcase K. Rool's creative potential in the roles of final boss and playable fighter, respectively. His insanity, his deviousness, his bumbling nature and his dedication to exterminating Kongs sets K. Rool apart as a unique, compelling Nintendo villain, one whose presence could easily drive fans wild with hype in a climactic new DKC. Likewise, his personality and gadgets, including a blunderbuss capable of firing speed-altering and control-reversing clouds, would lend to one of the most stand-out Smash movesets to date, one that would render him a particularly profitable DLC fighter. Of note, the latter could be developed to promote the former, before or after its announcement, or even to promote the upcoming releases of the DKC and Donkey Kong Land trilogies on the Wii U VC.

My first exposure to gaming was playing K. Rool's original boss fight, the Christmas of 1999, and I've grown to love the character more and more with each passing year, despite (and because of, partly) his recent neglect. As of late, I've spoken with hundreds of fans across the Internet who love the character like I do. Sadly, the sense I've gotten is that there is an influential minority at Nintendo of Japan who would prefer that these great characters, K. Rool and his Kremling Krew, gather dust on a shelf, rather than to return them to the glory of their former roles. On behalf of me and every other K. Rool fan out there, please prove me wrong in that assessment of why he's been missing in action. Please, do what you do best, take this great character and use your many creative minds to make him even greater. Please, bring back this missing piece of my childhood, the one that turned me into an unapologetic lifelong Nintendo fan. Be it through a playable Smash DLC or DKC final boss appearance, I want to relive the joy and awe I experienced when a charismatic crocodile crash-landed on the Gangplank Galleon to do battle with my Kongs, at least one more time.

Sincerely, [name]

P.S. If you haven't already done so, check out what other K. Rool fans are saying at kremlingkampaign.wordpress.com and at @BringBackKRool on Twitter.

Last edited:
...It seems that I stumbled into some unknown territory on SmashBoards. Hello! It's been awhile since I've entered a speculative character page, mainly because I didn't think there was any point to it with the entirety of the 3DS version's roster unlocked after a matter of days. However, Mewtwo would later on tell me otherwise.

Anyways, I always thought that K. Rool was a significant Donkey Kong character, and there's something conceptually awesome about having a crocodile on the roster. However, I can't ignore the fact that the Kremling King has been absent from the DK series for awhile. I honestly do not think it is likely he will appear in this installment as DLC like Mewtwo, but who knows? I could be wrong. I'd be great if I was. And if Retro Studios produces a third DKC game that features the return of the Kremling Krew, I'd definitely consider King K. Rool a likely candidate for SSB5 in the future.

you know what that means! welcome to the crew

Last edited:
Top Bottom