• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

?????????????

Smash Master
No, not really. Diddy was ment to be a DK-Character. KKR and the Kremlings not. And they only included KKR and the Kritters in Sluggers, because they needed more characters for the teams. With more characters now, they is no need to included the Kremlings in a possible Mario Sluggers 2. We have now have Rosalina, Baby Rosalina, Luma, The Koopalings, Cranky Kong, Tikis and Snomads to choose off. So why choose KKR over those characters?
I don't understand your statement, "Diddy was meant to be a DK character, KKR not." They were literally both created in the same game.

Not to mention that he is still the main villain of most Donkey Kong games and has had more appearances in the series than any other character, besides DK and Diddy. That statement is nonsensical.

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
See you in 7 years, my King! We Kutthroats will return! Until then... Farewell!
Sounds like a big waste of them. If KKR didn't get in this time, than he will never get in. Face it guys, that green croc means nothing for Nintendo anymore. I mean he's not even worthy to be an AS. That says everything about his state in Nintendo's libary.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand your statement, "Diddy was meant to be a DK character, KKR not." They were literally both created in the same game.
But King K. Rool was first created for Battletoads and not for DKC. So that's make shim less an DK-Character than Diddy.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
But King K. Rool was first created for Battletoads and not for DKC. So that's make shim less an DK-Character than Diddy.
But Rareware thought that he fit best with the DKC franchise. And thus not putting him in battletoads.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's incredibly depressing.
Your best bet is to support him for DLC, I guess. While I don't think it's going to succeed, I can only wish you luck on your journey.

I still think DK got shafted because Sakurai got obliterated while playing DKCR but I am an extremely mean person.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
But Rareware thought that he fit best with the DKC franchise. And thus not putting him in battletoads.
For me it matters, than he was planned to be an Rareware-Character and not a DK-Character.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Guys, Sakurai isn't biased. Ignore the fact that there's no K. Rool, no Dixie, no Cranky, no Chunky, no new DK stage, no DK Assist Trophies, no DK items, and the only new DK song in the game was recycled from Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

?????????????

Smash Master
For me it matters, than he was planned to be an Rareware-Character and not a DK-Character.
The same would be true for Krystal, who has appeared in every Star Fox game since RARE was gone (besides the remake of 64, which is chronologically before Krystal was met). So, even if it matters to you, that line of reasoning obviously doesn't matter to Nintendo.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Does having a trophy in-game now really de-confirm a character for potential DLC? I think that's a big leap in logic which has not really got any justification behind it.
It just doesn't make sense. The character's trophy is supposed to be unlocked by clearing Classic with it. If the trophy is unlocked by other means, then it's very unlikely that the character will appear.

But let's fear not! We'll continue on fighting for K. Rool's rightful place in Smash!!

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Does having a trophy in-game now really de-confirm a character for potential DLC? I think that's a big leap in logic which has not really got any justification behind it.
Not necessarily, but it doesn't look good.

That said, not having a trophy of a certain important character (such as K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac and so on) would kinda ruin the surprise of having him revealed as a character later, right?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Technically speaking, he isn't wrong in a sense. The Kremlins were originally intended to be for another game Rareware was developing at the time, but we're repurposed to be the enemies of Donkey Kong Country. So in a sense, the Kremlin Krew as a whole were not originally part of the DK lore.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, that's a disappointing way to end things off. Looks like even if there is DLC, Donkey Kong will continue to get screwed over as a franchise, seeing as the most likely options (Dixie, K. Rool, and Cranky) are all already trophies. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good at this point.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Technically speaking, he isn't wrong in a sense. The Kremlins were originally intended to be for another game Rareware was developing at the time, but we're repurposed to be the enemies of Donkey Kong Country. So in a sense, the Kremlin Krew as a whole were not originally part of the DK lore.
Technically, it isn't right, though, either. Even if the Kremlings were created for a different purpose originally, it doesn't change the fact that they did wind up as the primary antagonists of the series. There was not (to my knowledge, anyway) a different plan for the antagonists of Donkey Kong Country.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I just realized that it's Donkey Kong Country's 20th anniversary, and this is what they give us.

I don't feel like living on this planet anymore.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
That's it, I'm outta here. Sakurai turned from humble to ***** after one game.

Screw him, screw Kid Icarus, screw Smash, just screw everything, I'm done.

May our king RIP, WE will NEVER forget him.

Staarih

Smash Master
The lack of DK content in this game is very upsetting... I don't really know what to think anymore.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
""King K. Rool is to Donkey Kong as to what the evil king Bowser is to Mario -- a rival. Despite being an alligator he wears a crown, and is quite arrogant. Even if he were a friend rather than foe, he does not seem to be too reliable of a guy. The day King K. Rool turns over a new leaf and becomes an ally --will probably not come."

Here you go!

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
dr.mario ? Ok cool... dark pit...meh but ok...no ridley or mewtwo? can understand...
but no DK newcomer? no new 3ds stage ? no new DK item? no new DK assist ( NO DK ASSIST at all) ?? NOOPE

don't understand but i will enjoy the game.. :)

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
""King K. Rool is to Donkey Kong as to what the evil king Bowser is to Mario -- a rival. Despite being an alligator he wears a crown, and is quite arrogant. Even if he were a friend rather than foe, he does not seem to be too reliable of a guy. The day King K. Rool turns over a new leaf and becomes an ally --will probably not come."

Here you go!
WAAAAAAAAAT?! And he has the guts to even say that he's to DK what Bowser's to Mario?!

Outrageous, Sakurai, simply outrageous. :(

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received ~ Trolling after a warning

Yeah, that's the spirit. Forget that green lizard. Support the more valuable characters in Nintendo's history who deserve a spot in Nintendo's All-Star cast: Cooking Mama, Viridi, that monitor lady from Nintendo Land, new important six gen Pokémon will get all in the next Smash 5. But not this guy here.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Here you go!
Well... It's nice that K. Rool is still acknowledged as DK's equivalent of Bowser - the main villain.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I think a DK rep is super obvious for DLC. There are 4 empty spots on the roster, bet you they'll fill them by 2015.

But yeah. We'll have another kampaign in 2020! Should be easier since everyone more demanded than K Rool just got added.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I see there's no point in telling you guys not everything is lost until the Wii U version releases, so I won't even bother.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Guys seriously, we don't need to screw Sakurai after this.
It's almost as if your membership here in Smashboards for Smash 4 Speculation was for nothing.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
I think a DK rep is super obvious for DLC. There are 4 empty spots on the roster, bet you they'll fill them by 2015.
And who should that be? The two most obvious choices are gone and also Cranky is a background character. The only one, who can work, and who are important to the DK-Series, not like that green lizard, are Funky Kong (who can be just a clone of DK), Tiki Tong and lord Frederik. But that's about it.

I see there's no point in telling you guys not everything is lost until the Wii U version releases, so I won't even bother.
Haha! O, man, that's so cute. You really still believe in it, do you? Well I will enjoy to taste your tears...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Looks like the same model from his Brawl trophy. Almost too suspicious...
2. That is the most dang hilarious pose I have ever seen.
No K. Rool's Brawl trophy was different, it's not the same, Smash 4's pose is based on the K. Rool everyone knows about:

Although the right arm is different.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So much for trying to be sentimental. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , can you just end this already? Too many ****ty detractors in here making a messy ****storm of things.

1. Looks like the same model from his Brawl trophy. Almost too suspicious...
2. That is the most dang hilarious pose I have ever seen.
No this was K. Rool's Brawl trophy, it's not the same, it's the pose of K. Rool everyone knows about:

Although the right arm is different.
I'd have been more worried about K. Rool not being a potential DLC candidate if the model WAS the same. The fact that they made a new model (based on the PAON designs) is interesting. Same for Dixie Kong. Sakurai didn't NEED to make new models, but he did. (The Kritters are based on the PAON designs as well.)

Last edited:

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
He never really had a shot to me. Dk doesent get enough games and hes been left out of the last countrys

Top Bottom